Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Apparently the level cap has been raised to 150.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

update is out in europe/australia and japan, but nothing for NA yet i don't think.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

943/948 blocks (I forgot) by the way if anyone's wondering. I just upgrading my microSD to 32 GB so I never have to worry about anything again! It's downloading now.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Update is up on the eshop. Marin's gonna need a lot of Link Scarves and King Dodongo Claws, and Big Poe lanterns for her defense badges.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
Well this is interesting, most of the Map Items for Koholint are used for enhancements in battle:

Full Moon Cello fills the Special Attack gauge
Conch Horn increases your defense
Sea Lily Bell fills the magic gauge
Surf Harp increases EXP gain
Wind Marimba increases Rupee gain
Coral Triangle increases the drop rate for food
Organ of Evening Calm (what) increases the drop rate for materials
Thunder Drum increases the drop rate for weapons

So basically Koholint seems like the place to go grind for just about anything now.

Edit: They also last multiple battles, which is really nice.

Alacron fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jun 30, 2016

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

mabels big day posted:

Update is up on the eshop. Marin's gonna need a lot of Link Scarves and King Dodongo Claws, and Big Poe lanterns for her defense badges.

Also, this is true for both the original game and Legends.

On the topic of tiers, Marin might be High or High-Mid. She's really solid, and probably the best water user so far (with King Daphnes falling to second place).

Also, you get to see some of the Lv. 4+ weapons in action in that trailer. Having gotten the chance to get Tetra's Lv. 4+ weapon, it's basically the Lv. 4 weapon in terms of power, but given a secondary element in addition to the main element. The game will use whichever of the two elements that will do more damage to the enemy. Of note is that these weapons have rainbow backgrounds instead of gold ones, and they're shaded in a color corresponding to the main color of the secondary element added to it. (So Link's Gauntlets and Agitha's Parasol that you see in the trailer have Fire as a secondary element due to the color they use.) The weapons will also be named after the element added to the weapon (so Tetra's Lv. 4+ Cutlass will be named Cutlass of Light instead of Regal Cutlass).

The one thing they're not getting is the secondary weapon's elemental effect, since that is tied to the moveset itself.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Yeah Marin's really good. idk about this tier stuff but she's definitely as strong as the good King. Her full powered C1 is like a shotgun blast of music water orbs

Linkle's boots are decent. really good at fighting single strong targets, but not great at much else.

mabels big day fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Jun 30, 2016

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
disappointed that the link's awakening map doesn't actually use the original link's awakening map

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

disappointed that the link's awakening map doesn't actually use the original link's awakening map

I'm disappointed the instruments don't play.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I take it back, Marin is better than the King. The only thing she's not really good at is boss WPG and she's only just OK at clearing keeps but that might just be because I don't have the level 3 badges for those.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Alacron posted:

Organ of Evening Calm (what)

Wikipedia posted:

In music, the organ (from Greek ὄργανον organon, "organ, instrument, tool") is a keyboard instrument of one or more pipe divisions, each played with its own keyboard, played either with the hands on a keyboard or with the feet using pedals. The organ is a relatively old musical instrument, dating from the time of Ctesibius of Alexandria (285–222 BC), who invented the water organ. It was played throughout the Ancient Greek and Ancient Roman world, particularly during races and games. During the early medieval period it spread from the Byzantine Empire, where it continued to be used in secular (non-religious) and imperial court music, to Western Europe, where it gradually assumed a prominent place in the liturgy of the Catholic Church. Subsequently it re-emerged as a secular and recital instrument in the Classical music tradition.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What level does one have to be to really survive in the new Adventure map? I'm only about a quarter of the way through the original Great Seas map but I kinda want to see new things.

It's a pity I can't binge this game, it gets just a tad too repetitive, especially when I fail a mission (or fail at getting an A for weapons) which makes me loathe to try it right away.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

What level does one have to be to really survive in the new Adventure map? I'm only about a quarter of the way through the original Great Seas map but I kinda want to see new things.

It's a pity I can't binge this game, it gets just a tad too repetitive, especially when I fail a mission (or fail at getting an A for weapons) which makes me loathe to try it right away.

Everything except the level 4+ weapon missions has been pretty easy for me, most of my guys are 60-70. If you can handle the Twilight and Termina maps you can definitely be fine in this one.

Linkle's level 2 boots are called Roc Boots, and they have Roc's Feathers on them, so that's cool.

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

I know what an organ is, I just thought that the whole title "Organ of Evening Calm" doesn't really fit with the rest of the instruments and whatnot.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Alacron posted:

I know what an organ is, I just thought that the whole title "Organ of Evening Calm" doesn't really fit with the rest of the instruments and whatnot.

Probably just a clunky translation of whatever it was in Japanese. It's not really any more out of place than "Full Moon Cello" is.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Unlike what some of us feared, the Koholint Map isn't that much harder than the previous maps. Lv. 70+ should suffice for the harder missions and you should have a fair challenge in the early missions (at least up to the yellow squares) if you've gotten as far as the Great Sea Map.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Interestingly enough, unlike DLC characters on the Wii U version, Marin's level 2 and 3 weapons have to be earned from levels on the Koholint map, and she also gets heart containers/pieces on it as well.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Marin is now the only character I have a level 3 weapon for.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

I just got Legends as a late birthday and I've only done the first two story missions but I'm already 100% satisfied. This game is cool and fun. Should I do the Legends Mode before anything else or just go hog wild with whatever the gently caress I wanna do?

Impa is pretty cool so far anyways. :unsmith:

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

YoshiOfYellow posted:

I just got Legends as a late birthday and I've only done the first two story missions but I'm already 100% satisfied. This game is cool and fun. Should I do the Legends Mode before anything else or just go hog wild with whatever the gently caress I wanna do?

Some sections of the map in Adventure Mode are blocked off until you hit certain points in Legend Mode. That said, there's really nothing else stopping you from doing Adventure Mode to get a feel for how new characters play and to maybe earn some additional materials for badges or weapon drops. Just be aware that eventually you'll need to go back and progress in Legend to open up more of the Adventure Mode map.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

YoshiOfYellow posted:

The best way to do it imo is to play back and forth with legends and adventure mode until you beat legends, and then you'll have a million maps left in adventure mode.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

All those beautiful rupees: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADV0aCA61oRg

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
I'm still stuck at the start of master quest... ah well.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
So the Wii U version is never getting any more maps, right? Just the characters? I'm trying to figure out whether to pick up Legends or not.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

What is the rupee glitch? I take it doesn't work in Legends?

I find that Skull Kid is probably the one warrior whose animations play the least. Especially his WPS seems to glitch out and you don't see the whole thing, just the final explosion. I've the N 3DS but I think it's just an unfortunate side effect.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Jsor posted:

So the Wii U version is never getting any more maps, right? Just the characters? I'm trying to figure out whether to pick up Legends or not.

correct.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I find that Skull Kid is probably the one warrior whose animations play the least. Especially his WPS seems to glitch out and you don't see the whole thing, just the final explosion. I've the N 3DS but I think it's just an unfortunate side effect.

i think that's more a side effect of the puppet not having the room to spawn in and just not appearing instead

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

100YrsofAttitude posted:

It's a glitch that takes advantage of some dodgy calculations when multiple sources of rupees drop including a giant boss's death and the bonus of Rupees+ is factored in. The best guess is that somewhere in the calculation a subtraction happens and this can sometimes cause an underflow in your earned rupees for the map, instantly earning the max of 9,999,999. It's never been found to work in Legends.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So can someone give me advice on Young Links second weapon mission?

I got to the block itself and played through it but... I'm not entirely sure how to do it any faster. Young Link outside FD mode does about as much damage as a wet tissue to everything and by the time I could get the generals amazingly huge health pool down while protecting Zelda who starts in a pincer attack time was pretty much up. I tried entering FD mode as many times as possible but it's just not possible to keep it going the entire time.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So can someone give me advice on Young Links second weapon mission?

I got to the block itself and played through it but... I'm not entirely sure how to do it any faster. Young Link outside FD mode does about as much damage as a wet tissue to everything and by the time I could get the generals amazingly huge health pool down while protecting Zelda who starts in a pincer attack time was pretty much up. I tried entering FD mode as many times as possible but it's just not possible to keep it going the entire time.

I remember that mission, but it's pretty much get to and stay in Focus Spirit for as long as is humanely possible, because Young Link packs a low-powered weapon at this point in time.

Also, I finally completed the Illustration for the Koholint Island Map. It features Marin singing as Link and Lana are about to engage Gohma, Argorok, Helmaroc King, and Phantom Ganon, with Wizzro looming in the background. This will be an interesting Reward Map.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
It looks like the last 3 DLC characters accidentally got leaked, haha.

They're Toon Zelda for the PH/ST pack, and Ravio and Yuga for the LBW pack.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Magypsy posted:

It looks like the last 3 DLC characters accidentally got leaked, haha.

They're Toon Zelda for the PH/ST pack, and Ravio and Yuga for the LBW pack.

Called the latter two, but not the first one. Though, given the nature of the DLC this time around, it looks like they're going for characters who can drop another character's material (Toon Zelda: Zelda or Tetra's materials, Ravio: Link's materials, Yuga: Ganondorf's materials). This means that all three are likely to be fightable in their respective DLC maps.

Magypsy
Apr 2, 2010

People call me Pine! (Pine!)
Eastern Venus Space Police.
If there's slime, (There's slime!)
Involved in a crime, (Bad crime!)
We'll clean them up on the beat! (The beat!)
I presume that since they made Toon Zelda her own separate character and not a costume for Tetra, she'll be the Zelda from Spirit Tracks and control a Phantom as a ghost. I'd have preferred Lineback, but she should still be an interesting character on her own!

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Magypsy posted:

I presume that since they made Toon Zelda her own separate character and not a costume for Tetra, she'll be the Zelda from Spirit Tracks and control a Phantom as a ghost. I'd have preferred Lineback, but she should still be an interesting character on her own!

It's probably safe to say that they will take inspiration from Spirit Tracks in regards to Toon Zelda, yeah. She was probably one of the most interesting Zeldas in the Zelda series, and having the Phantom as a weapon would own so hard.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Are there still major differences between the Wii U and 3DS game? The updates and DLC make it seem like they're almost identical by this point barring the mechanics to make up for the single player only aspect of the 3DS.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

pentyne posted:

Are there still major differences between the Wii U and 3DS game? The updates and DLC make it seem like they're almost identical by this point barring the mechanics to make up for the single player only aspect of the 3DS.

Twili Midna and Young Link drop their own materials now, the Wii U DLC and Legends characters are actually fightable in Legends, and the previous DLC were balanced with the old 99 level cap in mind.

Actually, so too are the new current DLC Maps. Beating Koholint Dark Ruler with a Lv. 99 Link and Lv. 75 Marin went pretty well.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Wii U version doesn't have the two new battle maps either.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

There's also new mission types introduced through DLC, and these types would probably be a teensy bit too hard if you couldn't switch between characters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

No Linebeck. gently caress this game. gently caress Nintendo. gently caress Koei Tecmo. This is absolute horseshit. I seriously cannot believe that they announce a single DLC character from the DS games, which only had ONE notable original character in it, and instead of choosing him they add a fourth Zelda. Absolutely unbelievable. This is worse than not adding Groose. This is worse than adding Young Link instead of Skull Kid for the Majora's Mask DLC. This is a sin that a thousand Grooses couldn't fix.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

For the shuffling enemies, is there any sort of tell, or is the copies dropping materiels when you kill the main one just a "you guessed right" reward for not killing all the magic guys?

• Locked thread