Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

matryx
Jul 22, 2005

I think I just had an evilgasm...
Something like a Johnny Rotten Five then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

It's just gonna be Chappie.

PatRichCapone
Sep 24, 2003

*scoffs* *meows*

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Huh? I thought the reason they didn't do any gamepad support was because they weren't planning on going to console? Or am I misremembering/they changed their minds? Because I'd really, REALLY like to be able to play it with my gamepad like I can X-Com 1.

The team took Valve money; steam controller has been supported from day one.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Bholder posted:

There is a way around that: Facility leads.

Pretty sure if you have high enough Avatar timer the game is kind enough to give you a higher chance to get Facility leads for hack rewards.

I actually have one. I used it, but it only seemed to "reveal" a lab I already had. Right now my plan is to skull jack a codex. I have to deal with an Avenger defense so it'll be a while before I can see how it pans out. I'm save scumming more than a little, so I guess I can retry for a better option with that lead?

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Dr Christmas posted:

I actually have one. I used it, but it only seemed to "reveal" a lab I already had. Right now my plan is to skull jack a codex. I have to deal with an Avenger defense so it'll be a while before I can see how it pans out. I'm save scumming more than a little, so I guess I can retry for a better option with that lead?

You mean one you already had access to? Or one that was already on the map?

The facility lead should allow you to assault a facility even if you don't have contacts in that region.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I for the life of me cannot get the Long War Toolbox to show up in the options

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
Here's the launch trailer for Shen's Last Gift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-QQVvbkgxA

Kwanzaa Quickie fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jun 30, 2016

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
Ha Ha, it IS Johhny 5!

And available now!

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Artistic rendition of the new campaigns with Shen's Last Gift

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K07vhQEkfzA

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
I like how it uses the same animation that human guys do for throwing grenades. It does not fit at all.

Which is fine because it should be punching more than it does much else.

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

i will play it

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Yeeeeah, not quite feeling this one.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Whoa out now? I am excite

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I will punch everything in memory of my fallen shivs. And start a new campaign to do it!

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Hahaha yeees.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

RBA Starblade posted:

I will punch everything in memory of my fallen shivs. And start a new campaign to do it!
Same! I took a break from the game just before the last DLC just so I could wait until it was all (that was announced) out. Any must-have mods, especially class mods for a balanced Infantry-type, I should use? I'd only been using Capn Beeb's accessory pack, an infantry mod, and don't waste my time, iirc, but I figure its been long enough that some new big megapacks are out. I generally like the base gameplay and I'm not looking to change things up too much, just small QoL stuff.

e: Or good cosmetic stuff. I don't mind the t3 gear look at all in isolation, I just wish it was a little less shiny.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jun 30, 2016

Andre Banzai
Jan 2, 2012

Not really feeling this one but then again I didn't quite like Alien Hunters either. Disappointed that it's a full robotic class and not a human/MEC. Both DLCs were too "cartoonish" for my taste. Not saying the game can't be lighthearted, but I prefer the mood of XCOM:EU.......

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Hey at least it's not Slingshot.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

BOOSH IS BACK

Awww gently caress all my mods are gonna have issues huh

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
you guys literally just got johnny 5's bigger, more pissed off brothers in your arsenal and you're not feeling it

i can only presume that half of you are dead, because holy poo poo i am gonna get all short circuit on some alien fucknuts

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

most of us are feeling it, I am excited and want to play it now

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....
I think Asia 2k jumped the gun since I keep looking for update and it an't happening!

I do want to see what they meant by the customization in the achievements. Guns are pretty oblivious but can we put gear/cloths on the bots?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

quote:

System Support

Updates to allow Steam Workshop DLC to be enumerated before native script packages are loaded. Will allow mods that override XComGame.upk to work through Steam Workshop

Can smart people tell me what this actually mean?

Oh yeah, we got patch notes

https://xcom.com/news/en-xcom-2-june-2016-patch

Nothing much but they buffed blade-ranger and hunter weapons get back their range changes.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Holy poo poo yeah,

I wanted to run another campaign. Me and my robot buddies are gonna kill so many aliens. :black101:

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Bholder posted:

Can smart people tell me what this actually mean?

Oh yeah, we got patch notes

https://xcom.com/news/en-xcom-2-june-2016-patch

Nothing much but they buffed blade-ranger and hunter weapons get back their range changes.

Basically if you installed a mod like Grimy's Highlander through the Workshop, the nature of how the game worked (XComGame.upk needed to load in before workshop mods could be used) meant you needed to do stuff like this:

quote:

Copy the UPK and uncompressed.upk file from:
SteamApps\workshop\content\268500\658305112\CookedPCConsole for me

Use them to replace the ones from:
steamapps\common\XCOM 2\XComGame\CookedPCConsole

With the patch change, those kind of mods should just now work as is without requiring any replacement of files in the game folder.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

https://www.twitch.tv/firaxisgames

stream is up now, with Jake unbuttoning his shirt

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

haha this retaliation mission is going so sideways for them

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Okay, the options are a bit limited but I fully expect the mod workshop to fix that sooner or later.

But the Sparks are totally in the character creator:

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

- Blademaster grants +10 Aim to melee and Hunter’s Instinct grants +15 to melee crit
- Avenger Defense no longer fails if a Ruler is in the evac zone

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

many johnnys posted:

How did I miss that?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

many johnnys posted:

- Blademaster grants +10 Aim to melee and Hunter’s Instinct grants +15 to melee crit

Oh thank Sid for the latter change.

Also going to have to start a new game for maximum robot goodness tonight.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Ravenfood posted:

Same! I took a break from the game just before the last DLC just so I could wait until it was all (that was announced) out. Any must-have mods, especially class mods for a balanced Infantry-type, I should use? I'd only been using Capn Beeb's accessory pack, an infantry mod, and don't waste my time, iirc, but I figure its been long enough that some new big megapacks are out. I generally like the base gameplay and I'm not looking to change things up too much, just small QoL stuff.

e: Or good cosmetic stuff. I don't mind the t3 gear look at all in isolation, I just wish it was a little less shiny.

Be careful of any class mods, alien hunters broke armor for them, not sure if they ever fixed that bug but any class updated after alien hunters should be fine.

Cosmic Afro
May 23, 2011
Okay, looking at the stream Sparks look drat great and powerful. I wonder how they are balancing it up with that fact? I mean, they can't take cover, but.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Alkydere posted:

Okay, the options are a bit limited but I fully expect the mod workshop to fix that sooner or later.

But the Sparks are totally in the character creator:

I approve of this.

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

The nazi murder robot squad is here to save humanity, with acceptable collateral damage.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Cosmic Afro posted:

Okay, looking at the stream Sparks look drat great and powerful. I wonder how they are balancing it up with that fact? I mean, they can't take cover, but.

I'm guessing they are relatively expensive to build and maintain.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Johnny 5 with T-800 logics is ten times cooler than any grimdark cyborg soldier.

I missed the stream, so please someone answer my question. Can he punch stuff through walls Enemy Within style ?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Hammerstein posted:

Johnny 5 with T-800 logics is ten times cooler than any grimdark cyborg soldier.

I missed the stream, so please someone answer my question. Can he punch stuff through walls Enemy Within style ?

I want to know if they have the grenade launcher back.

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Cosmic Afro posted:

Looks like through Cost and Repair, They are not put out of action by taking damage, mainly cause they are designed to take damage, but in order to repair they have to be slotted into a facility and it sounds like there is only one slot. So I would think you could not sustain having many of them active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

RBA Starblade posted:

I want to know if they have the grenade launcher back.

Nah, they throw grenades like a person now. It looks v silly.

Also whats up with their protogremlin that shoots lasers? Couldn't tell from the trailer and can't stream at work.