Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyonero
Aug 3, 2006
Yeah, 4 small, 1 large, and matching colored pegs. Of course the Ghost's custom stand/peg isn't included, and I'm not sure how I feel about it clashing like that.

I saw some people spray painted their Ghost base and stand, and the extra thickness provided by the paint helped keep it from toppling so often.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

overdesigned posted:

Kinda flightpath-related: is the Crimson Skies minis game any good? A game store I just walked into has EVERYTHING for $1 each...

I liked it. Very proto flightpath and a little clunkier to play but I had fun with it. Keep in mind the rules and play materials (manuever decks and hexes) were a seperate pack from all the planes and you need it to play.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Chill la Chill posted:

You guys post on SA but get easily trolled by the likes of Duncan and Derek? :stare:

I have no idea who those people are, so.....yes? No? Which answer is right?

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Chill la Chill posted:

You guys post on SA but get easily trolled by the likes of Duncan and Derek? :stare:

SA has never been as meme savvy as people like to think it is.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Speaking of trolls, MWG posted another X-Wing batrep!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g356Jp2OA1s

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AndyElusive posted:

Mods?? Don't insult my playing group please, they put a lot of effort into their endeavors and negativity never helps anything!

Now, let me share with you the latest from the top secret scientists at Bespin (lol a little Star Wars humor for ya!)

YT-2400: · Dash Rendar (36)
Push The Limit (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
Gunner (5)
· Outrider (5)

T-70 X-Wing: · Ello Asty (30)
Rage (1)
· R4-D6 (1)
· Experimental Interface (3)

Z-95 Headhunter: Bandit Squadron Pilot (12)
Stealth Device (3)

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.

AndyElusive posted:

I don't know why but people who say "meh" irl unironically kind of bug me.

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Mods?? Don't insult my playing group please, they put a lot of effort into their endeavors and negativity never helps anything!

Now, let me share with you the latest from the top secret scientists at Bespin (lol a little Star Wars humor for ya!)

Push The Limit (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
Gunner (5)
· Outrider (5)

Rage (1)
· R4-D6 (1)

Stealth Device (3)

lolwut

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

AndyElusive posted:

Uuuuuuuuuuuugh.

It's sort of impressive how consistently wrong they can be.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Oh sorry! You must be new to the game, let me explain the list a little.

Dash Rendar is a very powerful pilot on a really good ship; with this loadout he can use a Tractor Beam in a full 360 arc around him, so no one can hide from it. Ello, though his pilot ability is weak, is flying in a T-70 which is basically the best you can get in this game. His upgrades minimize his pilot ability but make him super powerful. And of course, you have to have a Z-95 for blocking! He has Stealth Device so he can survive til he gets that critical block.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Dash Rendar is a very powerful pilot on a really good ship; with this loadout he can use a Tractor Beam in a full 360 arc around him, so no one can hide from it. Ello, though his pilot ability is weak, is flying in a T-70 which is basically the best you can get in this game. His upgrades minimize his pilot ability but make him super powerful. And of course, you have to have a Z-95 for blocking! He has Stealth Device so he can survive til he gets that critical block.

Be careful if you keep thinking like this for fun your brain might get stuck like this...FOREVER!

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Admiral Joeslop posted:

This all checks out

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

The Gate posted:

Be careful if you keep thinking like this for fun your brain might get stuck like this...FOREVER!

I don't much have fun anymore, what with the accident me 'ad.

True MWG Facts #41

Illegal debris fields
Tactician used out of arc, twice
Annoying British Guy
Annoying Bearded Guy
HILARIOUS "Are you sure you don't want to boost/roll off the board????" jokes x3
Finally figure out that Tactician is in arc only, claims that the two times used on Dengar were in arc (they weren't)
Kenkirk using Opportunist while stressed
Spend focus on Proton Torps to change eye to crit

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
I feel like we need to turn MWG videos into a drinking game not gonna lie. But also we might all die

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Rexler Brath with no way to actually get crits apart from rolling them naturally :psyduck:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Rexler Brath with no way to actually get crits apart from rolling them naturally :psyduck:

You're thinking of Maarek Steele. Rexler just needs a regular damage card.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Admiral Joeslop posted:

So I was, my bad!

Tequila Ranger
Sep 11, 2004

host after host after host ...
quote="Tekopo" post="461620199"]
[/quote]

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Calculation or Mangler Cannon or both?

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
"We're going to do a video with a TIE Defender, but we're not going to use the new titles. Sure would be a bad idea to show what they do and generate hype!"

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

So I played two games today, one with me flying DVD against Dengar/Scout/Bynaire and one flying Vessery and 4 FOs vs pimped out Boba, Guri and Bynaire. Both of them did really well and I won both game. X7 is extremely good and I can see the title have a lot of use. Not so sure about TIE/D, it works really well with Vessery though. Has anyone tried TIE/D with anyone but Vessery?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Tequila Ranger posted:

quote="Tekopo" post="461620199"]

Calculation or Mangler Cannon or both?
[/quote]

I would say Marksmanship if you're going to use him, with the x7 title and a Stealth Device. However I am horrible at this game and have never used Defenders.

Also I think Marksmanship is usually considered bad.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Lookin' at this for my first Imp Veterans list

"Deathfire" (17)
Extra Munitions (2)
Plasma Torpedoes (3)
Cluster Mines (4)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

Countess Ryad (34)
Outmaneuver (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
TIE/D (0)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Stealth Device (3)

Total: 97

View in Yet Another Squad Builder

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

I would swap Outmaneuver for PtL and TIE/D for TIE/x7

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Strobe posted:

It's not stupid at all, Stress Jansen is amazing. Needs either VI or Adaptability, though, so he can gently caress with Omega Leader, Vader, and Soontir before they shoot. For a while there I ran him with R3-A2, VI, and Flechette Torpedo so that even if you blanked out you'd still double-stress and strip a token.

Stress Jansen is like Ant-Man. He doesn't care if he actually hits anything, he's just happy to be there.

Good to know that I'm starting to get a hang of this list building stuff. Gotta get me some Guidance Chips and Integrated Astromech though.

Speaking of lists look at this garbage I thought up earlier today.

Palob Godalhi (20)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Dorsal Turret (3)
Dead Man's Switch (2)
Moldy Crow (3)

Talonbane Cobra (28)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Dead Man's Switch (2)

Guri (30)
Attanni Mindlink (1)
Fire-Control System (2)
Dead Man's Switch (2)
Autothrusters (2)
Virago (1)

Total: 98

[url=https://geordanr.github.io/xwing/?f=Scum%20and%20Villainy&d=v4!s!125:176,162,-1,111:3:-1:;135:176,-1,111:-1:-1:;101:176,-1:16:15:U.36,U.111&sn=Look%20at%20this%20trash]View in Yet Another Squad Builder[/url]

It's a terrible gimmick that vaguely works toward the strengths of the HWK but I really have no idea how to even begin fixing it. Maybe if it wasn't slow and super fragile :shrug:?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

Some Numbers posted:

I would swap Outmaneuver for PtL and TIE/D for TIE/x7

Taking this to it's logical conclusion:

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

"Deathfire" (17)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

BOGO LOAD
Jul 1, 2004

"You know I always had trouble really chewing the fat with my pops. Just listen to him..."

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I would say Marksmanship if you're going to use him, with the x7 title and a Stealth Device. However I am horrible at this game and have never used Defenders.

Also I think Marksmanship is usually considered bad.

poo poo, at 39 points with only a mangler cannon, I'd consider the /x7 with Marksmanship a bargain.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Corbeau posted:

Taking this to it's logical conclusion:

Countess Ryad (34)
Push the Limit (3)
Twin Ion Engine Mk. II (1)
TIE/x7 (-2)

"Deathfire" (17)
Proton Torpedoes (4)
Extra Munitions (2)
Cluster Mines (4)
Long-Range Scanners (0)

Soontir Fel (27)
Push the Limit (3)
Autothrusters (2)
Stealth Device (3)
Royal Guard TIE (0)

Quite, though I would also consider Targeting Computer over Stealth Device.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
Speaking of Marksmanship, I call this "Vessery kills everyone."

Colonel Vessery (35)
Marksmanship (3)
Ion Cannon (3)
TIE/D (0)

Darth Vader (29)
Adaptability (0)
Advanced Targeting Computer (1)
Stealth Device (3)
TIE/x1 (0)

"Omega Leader" (21)
Juke (2)
Comm Relay (3)

Total: 100

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Tekopo posted:

So I played two games today, one with me flying DVD against Dengar/Scout/Bynaire and one flying Vessery and 4 FOs vs pimped out Boba, Guri and Bynaire. Both of them did really well and I won both game. X7 is extremely good and I can see the title have a lot of use. Not so sure about TIE/D, it works really well with Vessery though. Has anyone tried TIE/D with anyone but Vessery?

Strobe played me with an AWACs bomber and two Ruthlessness TB Glaives, and it was terrifying but I'm not entirely sure if it was his dice being cold or mine being hot. I was using Imperial Girl Squad, Juno just got obliterated first round, but Whisper and Ryad manage to squeek out a win dodging every TB shot from then on. I have a feeling it'd be brutal against anything with less than three agi dice, because it relied on me always dodging the TB.

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011
So, went to a mini-tournament (as in, three rounds of swiss - had 19 players, so not terrible) last night that I managed to come 8th in at 2-1.

The most interesting list I saw (played by the guy who seems to be widely regarded as South Australia's best player) was a Palob+Syck(x3) list, with Attani Mindlink on all ships, cloak, autoblaster and IntAgent on Palob and Manglers on all the Sycks - which were the PS5 ones. I used a suicide Deci+Whisper list myself, and managed to take out one Syck before the Deci went down (I think I also stripped the shields off Palob and maybe one hull?), followed by Whisper soloing the rest of his list over the next 30-40min.
He then proceeded to win both his other games, taking out a variety of lists. Needless to say, I'm actually quite impressed! He managed the mindlink very well, so all his Sycks had focus+evade tokens, and maneuvered his ships well too.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
I was running this earlier:

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Tractor Beam (1)
Ruthlessness (3)
TIE/D (0)

Glaive Squadron Pilot (34)
Tractor Beam (1)
Ruthlessness (3)
TIE/D (0)

Gamma Squadron Veteran (19)
TIE Shuttle (0)
Systems Officer (2)
Tactician (2)
TIE Mk. II (1)
Adaptability (0)

Total: 100

It worked fantastically when it worked, and horrifically when it didn't. One game I fired five times at one TIE/fo, and only managed to kill it because the bomber managed to push through a hit/crit after all was said and done because both Tractor Beams and the first primary attack whiffed completely. It wasn't even lovely rolling on my part; I rolled 16 dice and got 15 hits, but my opponent managed to roll 12 natural evades on his first 15 dice. Ruthlessness did one damage to a Defender. Had I hit with either one of my Tractor Beams (one against a tokenless defense that rolled three natural evades), I'd have taken zero damage and done up to four damage against the other TIE/fo.

The rest of the game I fired with the Tractor beam twelve additional times, and missed with every single one of them, even including the TL from Systems Officer and the focus from normal actions. It was loving unreal and one of the most frustrating things I've ever done. I ended up killing the second TIE/fo on the last turn before my Defender exploded to an opposing Defender. 100-30

Second game was against Eimi and her Juno/Whisper/Ryad list. Second turn of the game, first turn of shooting, I hit with both Tractor Beams and both primary weapon attacks, and blow Juno out of space in one volley. The Defenders proceed to whiff nearly every shot (or get dodged by magnificent evades) for the entire rest of the match. The Bomber managed to do the impossible against Whisper and punched through a Damaged Cockpit with a hit/crit against four dice that all blanked. Near the end of the game, I had a good shot against a tokenless Ryad that had bumped Whisper. On two attacks, I rolled five hits. All were dodged with natural evades and Whisper at one health. The Defender was destroyed by return fire. I just needed one uncancelled hit for the entire round of firing to Ruthlessly kill Whisper and give my Bomber a fighting chance. Instead, the Bomber ended up at range 1 of Whisper, rolled hit/crit, and then Whisper got exactly enough evade results to not die and blew the poo poo out of it with four hits later that turn.

In summary: gently caress dice really hard sometimes. I made one maneuvering mistake the entire night, and it was to bump one of my Defenders into Whisper before she moved, and she ended up maintaining the bump anyway with no tokens to spend. Everything else was fairly on point but the dice bent me over the goddamn table.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Push The Limit (3)
Tractor Beam (1)
Gunner (5)
· Outrider (5)

Rage (1)
· R4-D6 (1)

Stealth Device (3)

I kind of want to do this as a tournament format:

The Mount Sorrow Open
3 rounds Swiss Format
97-100 points constructed, 2 ship minimum. No more than 1 of each ship with a base (generic) cost of 27 or greater, or 2 of any other ship.
Each Round of the tournament, hand your fleet to your opponent and play as normal.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
That's reasonable. Needs the restrictions or else... well, CK ran a less strict version of the list-swap tournament and the winner was, unsurprisingly, 3x turret-less HWKs.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Weren't we posting awful lists for that style of tournament not that lomg ago?

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Improbable Lobster posted:

Weren't we posting awful lists for that style of tournament not that lomg ago?

Yes. Only two people expressed interest in actually playing.

Keyan with PTL, AdvSen and C-3PO is obnoxious.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dash Rendar — YT-2400 36
Decoy 2
Tractor Beam 1
XX-23 S-Thread Tracers 1
Leia Organa 4
Targeting Computer 2
Outrider 5
Ship Total: 51

Outer Rim Smuggler — YT-1300 27
Targeting Coordinator 4
Han Solo 2
Targeting Computer 2
Ship Total: 35

Bandit Squadron Pilot — Z-95 Headhunter 12
Targeting Computer 2
Ship Total: 14

you see, target locks are very powerful, letting you re-roll any attack dice you want. at the core of this list are powerful synergies built around that simple but potent ability and furthermore

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Outrider and Tractor Beam are making me lol irl

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

:siren::siren:
HAPPENING
:siren::siren:

Me and siggy are finally playing our game:
Game: Brunas's Birthday Boat
Password: SA

EDIT: HAPPENING complete, adapt vader inquisitor and VI tractor beam vader takes down double x7 deltas and patrol leader with vader 100-0

I've been really practicing my dice rolls recently, and siggy apparently hasn't been sacrifing childrento the dice gods properly. Also had some silly unfamiliar with TTS distances moments, which tractor beam always makes worse.

GG!

Brunas fucked around with this message at 03:37 on Jul 1, 2016

Brunas
Nov 5, 2012

Holy poo poo XWing in the alpha VR support for TTS is awesome:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

From my experience playing against the new TIE Defenders last night, I reckon their hard counter is probably Miranda with a TLT. Even with that free Evade from x7, the lack of Autothrusters hurts them against turrets.

• Locked thread