Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont
Money Fort Luck will be for saturday, gotta do a Buddy Ryan thing first

Also Swickles has confirmed for a guest spot next week, if you've got good football/athlete medical questions you should list them here so we can address it on the podcast

Febreeze fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Jun 29, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
how many concussions does it take to turn your penis gray

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Does he personally buy the idea that CTE is responsible for some erratic player behavior?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
What is the least healthy position to play

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
What is more effective for sprains, walking it off or rubbing dirt in it

Same question but CTE

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Would he prescribed athletes weed instead of heroine for pain killers if he could

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Are there any undiscussed or underdiscussed health risks to football you think deserve more attention

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spoeank posted:

What is more effective for sprains, walking it off or rubbing dirt in it

Same question but CTE

Trick question, salt tablet.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Is Gatorade the most effective drink to hydrate yourself?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Why shouldn't athletes be allowed to use whatever they need to recover faster from injuries?

Also, where do babies come from?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

You are the chief medical officer of the NFL, what do you do day 1?

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Metapod posted:

Would he prescribed athletes weed instead of heroine for pain killers if he could

This.

Also, why does it burn when I pee?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
We know that CTE is caused by repeated subconcussive impact. Do you expect that as we learn more about CTE we will find it in more professions and hobbies? If yes, can you elaborate on how common you expect the buildup of tau protein to be?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Metapod posted:

I don't think prescribing women would work very well...or be legal.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You are the chief medical officer of the NFL, what do you do day 1?

I get up there and lie like a Fifa official.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
What is the most optimal playing surface to protect players knees from non contact injuries

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.
Until recently ACLs were considered a death sentence for a lot of players. Now we see guys come back from major injuries and have some of the best seasons of their career (Peterson and Charles). I was wondering, do you think the improved seasons can be attributed to these players really getting involved in Sports Science and proper exercise under doctor supervision during the offseason?

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

fmk Goodell, Belichick, Jerry Jones

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

"Give me your best fencing position impression"

Then take a picture of that with your phone and upload that as the podcast thumbnail.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Is the offensive linemen lifestyle healthy minimally damaging or incredibly harmful?

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

Just not intentionally.

Metapod posted:

Is the offensive linemen lifestyle healthy minimally damaging or incredibly harmful?

I think you might need to be a little more specific.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

I think you might need to be a little more specific.

Consuming humongous quantities of food and drinks in order to maintain playing weight

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Metapod posted:

Consuming humongous mass quantities of food and drinks in order to maintain playing weight

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Would you inject the needle? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qbIEepu8Z4w

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

RIP Buddy

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/rip-buddy-ryan/

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

hahahha

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Swickles is my MCAT score good enough

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

I want Rob Ryan's shirt

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice
Edit: d'oh

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

I never realized I needed a Ryan brothers pulling a "win one for the Gipper" this season until now

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

as you were a long time watcher of Kevin Gilbride offenses, you should be more appreciative of the Eagles coach that punched Kevin Gilbride for his poo poo offenses

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If anyone wants the http://www.tfffilms.com domain, let me know and I'll transfer it to you (I believe you'll need a Name.com account). It expires in two days.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

If anyone wants the http://www.tfffilms.com domain, let me know and I'll transfer it to you (I believe you'll need a Name.com account). It expires in two days.

How much?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Don't sell it to a pats fan

I'll outbid him by $1

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I'm sure its value has deflated.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

I think it's $13 for a renewal but if you're asking how much would I charge you, nothing. I don't think there are any fees for transferring the domain and I'd rather give it to a fellow fartee than let it expire.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Fort Moneys has gotten so out of hand

http://www.thedrawplay.com/comic/a-lucky-break/

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

I am curious as to why you do not have Eli or Rivers in the money fort since they had the biggest guaranteed moneys before Luck's deal

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Rivers killed himself.

Like, a bunch of times

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

Ross Angeles posted:

I am curious as to why you do not have Eli or Rivers in the money fort since they had the biggest guaranteed moneys before Luck's deal

Philip has to spend most of it on his island of children

Eli...has a good reason that may be explored soon enough

• Locked thread