Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
What the hell were they thinking? Grouping up 4 insane cooks (and bunhead girl) and expecting them NOT to knock this out of the park?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Mulderman posted:

What the hell were they thinking? Grouping up 4 insane cooks (and bunhead girl) and expecting them NOT to knock this out of the park?

Well, to be fair, the prospect of working w/ subpar ingredients would deter some people, but yeah these are the main characters of course they're gonna step up bc shonen plot

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Mulderman posted:

they're the only people who are rebelling against central, it's not even a "it's just because they're the main characters" reason

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol if you're honestly expecting much more than snidely whiplash-level villainy out of this series' antagonists at this point

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

For next chapter I predict it's a fishing episode which would actually be really cool.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
We're back to garbage.

I don't understand why the author doesn't recognize that its really loving dumb to keep making heroes repeatedly win challenges because the biased judge who is being specifically paid-off to fail them doesn't fail them. Tsukuda sort-of fixed it with the team challenges because of the rules that they put in via Isshiki, but not extending those to the Promotion Exam is just insanely idiotic.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

The only thing that matters is that Alice and Ryo are here to form a Dream Team with the MC, the Best Heroine, and the comic relief / straight man.

I'm psyched.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

The only thing that matters is that Alice and Ryo are here to form a Dream Team with the MC, the Best Heroine, and the comic relief / straight man.

this is gonna be good

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Compendium posted:

Nice NPC Dolores Umbridge

she's amazingly ugly

K. Flaps posted:

Teach me, Alice.

she's amazingly lovely

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Angry Grimace posted:

We're back to garbage.

I don't understand why the author doesn't recognize that its really loving dumb to keep making heroes repeatedly win challenges because the biased judge who is being specifically paid-off to fail them doesn't fail them. Tsukuda sort-of fixed it with the team challenges because of the rules that they put in via Isshiki, but not extending those to the Promotion Exam is just insanely idiotic.

Yeah I was tired of the whole cliche after the fifth time Yume-iro Patissiere did it, and I wish authors would just stop using it already.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Anime comes back July 2nd, at least!

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
I don't share the disappointed feeling with how things are going, I like the mega-powers team, I like a dream image of Alice in teacher mode, it's all good. I'm just sad that they won't win by literally bringing the fish back to life, forcefeeding it to increase it's fat content, then killing it again as their ingredient through Alice :science:.

Any guesses on what they'll go gather? Fishing is the obvious thing, but they already have their salmon ingredient, it's just gutter salmon. I think they'll go gather garnishments from nature to enhance even a trash-tier Salmon, so the Salmon is still the main part of their dish.

Central hosed up as soon as they put Soma, Alice and Ryo on one team, nevermind the other members also being solid cooks as well, and then asked Sea God Ryo to make a fish dish.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Angry Grimace posted:

We're back to garbage.

Chapters with Alice can't be garbage, hand to heart.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually really love the stupid contrivances this series is so prone to so this doesn't bother me at all.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The series is best when it goes over-the-top.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

NowonSA posted:

I don't share the disappointed feeling with how things are going, I like the mega-powers team, I like a dream image of Alice in teacher mode, it's all good. I'm just sad that they won't win by literally bringing the fish back to life, forcefeeding it to increase it's fat content, then killing it again as their ingredient through Alice :science:.

Any guesses on what they'll go gather? Fishing is the obvious thing, but they already have their salmon ingredient, it's just gutter salmon. I think they'll go gather garnishments from nature to enhance even a trash-tier Salmon, so the Salmon is still the main part of their dish.

Central hosed up as soon as they put Soma, Alice and Ryo on one team, nevermind the other members also being solid cooks as well, and then asked Sea God Ryo to make a fish dish.

Erina's classes were all about hokkaido specialties. I really don't know enough about that subject to speculate. They have dairy products, I think?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

We're back to garbage.

This manga trots out every hoary shounen cliche in the books and doesn't give a gently caress how it affects the plot at all, it's actually kind of admirable.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm here for the food, Megumi, and Alice, and the man service

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

NowonSA posted:

well souma was talking about the salmon like he just wanted to use it for snacks while they went for real fish so we may get extreme fishing yet.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yeah I'm pretty sure Ryo's gonna go catch something.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
Well I at least appreciate that the teachers aren't even pretending they're being "fair",

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Well I at least appreciate that the teachers aren't even pretending they're being "fair",

And I'm sure Erina might have to step in anyways just in case the teacher tries to deny that their inevitable foodgasm is anything other than an explicit admission of passing.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Yeah I'm pretty sure Ryo's gonna go catch something.

With his teeth.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
It'd be great if the "that" they're going to find is just potatoes, and then they deep fry the hell out of the lovely salmon and make fish and chips.

Chapters with Alice can't be garbage, hand to heart.

:yeah:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

net work error posted:

With his teeth.

I can picture this, and it's a beautiful sight.

It's been well-established at this point that Kurokiba has a slim amount of fucks to give. It comes with the territory of hanging with Alice for that long, really.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
you know it's still dumb as gently caress putting all these talented people together even if they are all" rebels" like put them with some expendable lovely nobodies and let the boat anchors drag them down especially when your normal tootski nobody gets hit with lovely fish they'd be ultrafucked.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
The expendable lovely nobodies all got flushed during the hell training camp, so it's not like there's anyone left to boatanchor them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
All the remaining nobodies are competent enough to be the generic line cooks that Azami wants to flood the world with so sacrificing them to hamper the rebels isn't efficient from a resource pov

or something

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
I don't know why he feels the need to keep appearances in the first place. He owns the school, so why not just expel them arbitrarily?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think i've considered that before. guess it is time for me to overthink a silly shounen manga again.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Because he does need to keep up appearances. His whole shtick is "all those who don't follow my way of cooking aren't as good as those who do", so he can't just expel them unless they prove to be inferior, through failing an exam or losing a shokugeki or whatever.

If he kicked them out just like that 1. he would get sued into oblivion (it's still a school, so he can't refuse someone on the basis of "I don't like them") and 2. they could go around claiming "he kicked us out because he was afraid of our cooking" and he could do nothing about that.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you can't destroy the concept of restaurants if you are afraid of lawsuits

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Serious Frolicking posted:

you can't destroy the concept of restaurants if you are afraid of lawsuits

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
The anime started up again. Alice lost in one episode but she was cute so it's okay.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Is it me, or are the production values looking a bit better with this season?

Granted, it's a pretty flashy first episode as opposed to just "get the yakuza chick to back off with tasty food" like the first episode, but it feels like they've got their poo poo together more kinda?

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

OnimaruXLR posted:

Granted, it's a pretty flashy first episode as opposed to just "get the yakuza chick to back off with tasty food" like the first episode, but it feels like they've got their poo poo together more kinda?

I know budget doesn't necessarily equal quality, but I imagine the success of the first season helped. Quite excited to see this season though.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

The whole thing felt super intense the whole time, which is crazy rare for a manga adaption anime. It had really good pacing and amplified just how loving stupid this series is and I love it.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Ending song still isn't as good as spice.

Series ruined.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Blinks77 posted:

Ending song still isn't as good as spice.

Series ruined.

I think that is going to be the new opening actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

paragon1 posted:

I think that is going to be the new opening actually.

Yeah. I want to see cinnamon laser cannons every week.