Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom
Oath Complete!

Still need to work out if I'm going to black rim them or not, but they're done for now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

I hate to chat in the Oath thread, but -

If you rim the bases in red it'll really bring out their eyes in what's an otherwise monochromatic scheme.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Oath complete!

And with it, I claim the following:
I rolled a 6 for the goal marker.
Box art for the Mason Guild Starter: http://store.guildball.com/masons-guild/mason-starter-set-honour-harmony-mallet
Speed Painting for Harmony
#SquadGoals for the three Masons and their ball.
WIP Photos supplied!
I also claim the theme for the Widowmaker Marksman, who's quietly enjoying a nice wintery stroll.
And with it plus the Se7enth Heaven one, both the Journeyman and Apprentice

A few notes:

* Your name is missing from the pics. No name, no points.
* For the WIP and Speed Painting achievements you need to put the proof in your completion post, or at the very least links to the posts where you showed them (see my completion post as an example)
* 7th Heaven, Journeyman and Apprentice are calculated automatically, no need to claim them. I think you misunderstand the latter two, they are for completing 3 and 6 months of Oathing (all Oaths within a month count as one big Oath)

And a public service announcement:

:siren: At time of posting there are only 12 hours left to post your completion pics! :siren:

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Jun 30, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

Zark the Damned posted:

A few notes:

* Your name is missing from the pics. No name, no points.
* For the WIP and Speed Painting achievements you need to put the proof in your completion post, or at the very least links to the posts where you showed them (see my completion post as an example)
* 7th Heaven, Journeyman and Apprentice are calculated automatically, no need to claim them. I think you misunderstand the latter two, they are for completing 3 and 6 months of Oathing (all Oaths within a month count as one big Oath)

And a public service announcement:

:siren: At time of posting there are only 12 hours left to post your completion pics! :siren:

Updated my post with what I could. If anything is still missing, well, that'll teach me for being a moron. Sorry for the inconvenience.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=157296#post461607588

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I'm not creative enough to come up with something good
Oath complete!

Fake edit: I guess this counts as Speed Painting as well, doesn't it?
And again for Box Art.

(Fantasy Flight doesn't actually have a full body picture of these guys, but they only look one way, so I dunno. Maybe, maybe not.)

I'm mostly happy with this, especially considering it's the first thing I've ever painted. The red didn't really pop like I wanted it to, but I only have a few basic colors, so I had to get creative with my mixing. I also tried my hand at a homemade wash and glaze, to mixed results. The glaze was basically paint, but the wash kinda turned out ok, at least enough to save. Time to do another, I guess.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this Emperor's Royal Guard with my 12 hours of remaining daylight. 28mm from Fantasy Flight.

Dimo ArKacho fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jul 1, 2016

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Oath Complete! Claiming Theme Challenge Time to relax.

With username:

More photos:

Ledgem
Oct 20, 2010
Oath Complete!

Technical Challenge
They may be monsters but they're half human and completely naked! Plenty of skin.

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this HK Assassin before my 10 hours are up. As before, 28mm Fantasy Flight.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Oath complete!
Kind of a lousy month but eh Oath's done.

Vermintide
Oct 26, 2013

OATH COMPLETE!

Claiming both the Technical (Skin on Grazz't) and Theme (Chillin bar people) challenges.

TheFinalTuba
May 3, 2016
OATH COMPLETE!

Had a good time painting these guys, especially the roosters. Without further delay, the pics!

These guys were a lot of fun to paint, and honestly REALLY happy with the way these roosters turned out

Merris LaCroix

Mancha Roja, swimging his #1 Fan!

Last but not least, Gracie! Wanted to show two shots, since she has fun stuff on both sides :)

Unfortunately, didn't have time to finish bases for everyone, but thankfully that's not a huge deal.

Claiming Technical Challenge for the amount of skin on both Mancha Roja and Gracie, or if you prefer, the Theme Challenge for Gracie, who's all packed for vacation! :)

Looking forward to next month!

Dimo ArKacho
Sep 12, 2008

Oath complete!

Need to work on my highlighting, and again, lack of color variety makes that difficult. Still, I'm satisfied with this for TT quality.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this HK Assassin before my 10 hours are up. As before, 28mm Fantasy Flight.

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer
Oaf Complete! Five figures, to be used in abyssal dwarf and dwarven Kings of War armies. The picture is a little low on detail, but I'm on vacation (staying at a winery in the Okanagan valley :canada:)

Claiming Technical Challenge for the Bat Demon, or succubi.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.
Holy cow, I love the picture above me.

Oath Complete!

I think I say this every time but I really need to set my light box up and take a decent picture. Today it was just really down to the wire. Also, with every clearer pic, I see just how many details I fudged up.

Also, claiming technical challenge for the shirtless scion if he's showing enough skin.

jodai fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Jul 1, 2016

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Oath Complete!
I kept meaning to oath more this month, but instead I just painted. Which is mission accomplished for sure.

Claiming Journal for The Captain's chill pose. Still having trouble finding a good way to take pictures.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Crap. Thought there was one more day.

Oath addition of Ilva the Siren from Wrath of Kings, CMON 28mm:

quote:

Oathing a Culexus Assassin:

Dr. Gargunza
May 19, 2011

He damned me for a eunuch,
and my mother for a whore.

Fun Shoe
Oath Complete!

I wanted to go for a more limited palette for these two, mostly focusing on shades of brown and black. They're also meant to fulfill the Relaxed theme challenge; both minis are in relatively non-threatening poses, unless you count a pocket watch or a friendly king snake as a weapon. (Sascha's holstered pistol should be considered largely ceremonial in nature.)

Backstory:

Etienne de Minuit surveyed the ice-choked street, calm but apprehensive. He absently ran a finger down Roi's spine as the king snake curled toward the junction of his neck and hat brim, looking for warmth. There was a sudden clatter on the broken flagstones behind him. Etienne jumped; the snake, lethargic from the cold, did not.

"Relax, boss, it's just me." Sascha dropped down from the second floor of a crumbling building, cursing quietly as her boots skidded on the snow. "I told Rollo and the twins to start searching the old storefronts off the high street. Find anything interesting?"

"Odd that you should ask," Etienne smiled, gently tugging Roi's head out of his shirt collar. "I have peered back to ten centuries past, and found the true name of this city on the lips of its former denizens--Felstad."

"Felstad?" Sascha's eyes widened. "The Felstad? The Lost City of the Mages? The last known whereabouts of--"

"--the Eye of Nyx," they finished together, Sascha giggling a bit in excitement. "And it's still here?"

"Indeed. Vortan the Green never returned from his expedition, nor did any of his party. Their trail evaporates on this very boulevard, some thirty years gone now, and no word of the jewel has yet reached civilization. The chances that the Eye has been retrieved by others are nil; our certainty of finding it is near absolute."

"drat right it is." Sascha clapped her mentor on the shoulder. "So, brave leader, where and when have we found it?"

Etienne gestured with his umbrella. "Yonder chapel holds our prize at present. We will have reached it once we escape the dead men."

"Dead men? What--" Sascha stopped short as a low moan echoed up the street. Rounding the corner were eight ragged corpses, some with dry bits of blackened flesh still clinging to their bones. Their frost-rimed fingerbones clutched their rusted weapons loosely in undeath. Their leader, a tall, withered cadaver, pointed its broken staff in their direction and emitted a hateful shriek as the chill wind flapped its faded green robes.

"Oh." Sascha stiffened. "Vortan's still here, too."

"Oui, and his retinue." If Etienne felt any of his apprentice's fear, he did not show it. Roi, for his part, vanished swiftly up his master's sleeve.

"How do our chances look now, boss?"

"Less certain."

"We should've hired more guys."

"Agreed."

The skeletons advanced, creaking. Crouching low, Sascha muttered a spell of haste and waited for an opening to dash through. As the dead men approached, Etienne stretched out a hand towards them, willing the forces of age and entropy to crumble the earth beneath their feet. His eyes began to glow with focused temporal energy; his voice was steady, but with a hint of urgency. "When I say run," he intoned gravely, "you run."

(Full album is here. In case you were curious, these two are meant to be used as Chronomancers in Frostgrave. Also, the photography is sort of godawful; my previous terrible cellphone camera went all bricky the other day, and these are my first pics with the new phone. The moral of the story: cellphones and toilets do not mix.)

Weirdo
Jul 22, 2004

I stay up late :coffee:

Grimey Drawer

jodai posted:

Holy cow, I love the picture above me.

The view makes me want to dig out the magic white and Bob Ross up the landscape.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Collected OATH COMPLETE for the month

I suppose the monkey doesn't really qualify for the "relaxed" stance. I thought I was gonna paint something else, but never got around to it! :doh:

ZachAttack
Mar 17, 2009

Malevolent Hatform
Nap Ghost
Oath Complete!

Claiming Speed Painting, here is my basecoat starting picture:

And my finished timestamp:

Some more pictures!

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Oath complete!

Claiming challenge for all the skin these suckers are showing, as well as Squad Goals.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
Oath Complete! Took some better photos of the Culexus too. Photos aren't great but it's late!

[bTheme[/b] for Ilva, as she's topless, and Speed Paint paint on the Eversors, but I guess both of them as I oathed Ilva 3 hours ago.

Also quoting the original oath complete post for bookkeeping:

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Speed Painting Complete!

Taft Punk
Jan 11, 2011

Fish are the vegetables of the sea.
Oath Complete!
(despite a crazy-busy month that snuck up on me. I'm surprised I got them in on time, even half-assed. SO HIGH on QuickShade right now.)

Privateer Press's War Machine's Protectorate of Menoth's Choir (6 models) and Reckoners (2 models)
Guild Ball's Butchers' Guild's Ox (one model)

I'm claiming #squadgoals for the color-coordinated Choir models. Their scroll displays didn't turn out as planned, but I'm just dipping my toe into the waters of decal business. Next ones will be better.

I'm claiming June's "relaxing" theme challenge with Ox, who's hanging out and waiting for something more exciting to happen.

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again
Oath Complete!

Claiming relaxed pose on the Squat.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Oathing a Culexus Assassin:

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in the rest of June

1 Karnedge Gorefathom, Karkarion Boss by Reaper Minis (25mm)

Ugleb posted:

Unusually late in the month to be oathing for me but here goes.

I Ugleb, hereby oath for the month of June, Mercs Set 1 for the Batman Miniature Game, 32mm scale by Knight Models.

Floppychop posted:

I, Floppychop, Oath to assemble and paint 10 Gretchin and one Runtherd, by Games Workshop.

Schmetterling posted:

I, Schmetterling, hereby Oath for the month of June, the four starting survivors from the Kingdom Death: Monster boardgame

Radio Free Walrus posted:

I, Radio Free Walrus, Oath for the month of June two undead Ogre/Troll monsters from the Mantic: Dungeon Saga Boardgame
I cannot read the actual date on the photo, and putting the image URL in the browser doesn't help, but I'll let this slide this time!

moths posted:

OATH ADDITION! I additionally oath these 20x GW Dark Elf shields (1999 version)

head58 posted:

Oath Addition

Joining the Tubb Club, I, head58, additionally oath Dominar Rasheth (50mm Privateer Press Hordes model) for June! Should be good for the June theme. He gets to relax even if the baby elephants carrying him around do not.

Scowny posted:

I, Scowny, oath in addition, this 28/30mm Scibor Barbarian (the website can't decide what scale it is apparently)

BobFish posted:

Oh, well this is embarrassing. I have come to claim oath complete but it appears I never posted the oath, just took pictures.

Iceclaw posted:

I... err, just want to warn that I'm probably going to let my Oath lapse. I just got dumped, among other really awful crap, and I don't think I'll be in the mood for painting. Not a guarantee though.
That sucks! If you haven't been out drinking all this time, painting and modeling is pretty therapeutic if you can get into the mindset.

nesbit37 posted:

oath addition! one Zara the slayer.

Ledgem posted:

I, Ledgem, hereby Oath for the month of June, two Reaper Bones monsters; a Naga and a Drider!

wdarkk posted:

Meant to put this up earlier.
I, wdarkk, Oath two Dropzone Commander PHR Helios skimmers for the month of June (10mm, Resin).
Just a reminder, this needs to be American Samoa (not a biggie really, but if you were cutting it fine it could matter) - no worries though!

jodai posted:

I,jodai, do oath: 2 bloodwretches, a Scion of Black Blood and Angel Eyes, all Wyrd 32 mm figures.

INinja132 posted:

I, INinja132, oath to paint these 11 bases of Early War German Infantry from Baccus, for a total of 44 6mm models

jubelio posted:

I, Jubelio, oath to paint this Rhupert Carvolo, Piper of Ord

also going for the 24 hour speed paint and relaxed pose theme

ZachAttack posted:

Oh poo poo, month almost over.

I, ZachAttack, do oath to paint two(2) UCM Condors (Hawkwargames/Dropzone Commander/10mm) in what remains of this month July.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

I, Dimo ArKacho, oath to complete this Emperor's Royal Guard with my 12 hours of remaining daylight. 28mm from Fantasy Flight.

Edit: Added my name to the picture
FYI, you don't need to add your name to your Oath picture (the one with the timestamp) - just to your Oath Complete picture, and that's only if you want points! :)

The Impaler posted:

I, The Impaler, cheekily oath with under a day to go- a 28mm GW Grot

Time to knock out a test scheme for next month while I try and finish up the 20 or so other models in various painted stages on my desk.

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Just a reminder, this needs to be American Samoa (not a biggie really, but if you were cutting it fine it could matter) - no worries though!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

Crap. Thought there was one more day.

[b]Oath addition
of Ilva the Siren from Wrath of Kings, CMON 28mm:
Now THIS is cutting it close!

According to this link from Deanut Pancer, there's less than 2 hours remaining! Get Oathin'! (or better yet, get painting!)

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
Welp, I should really post the finished pic I guess. Oath Finished:

Hummingbird James
Jan 3, 2013
Oath Complete!

This dude's been done for a while now, but I've been putting off taking the pictures to see if I could ensure a non-potato camera (which I obviously failed to do). The base is probably not final, but I have no idea what to do with it.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
OK, so announcement post!

Unfortunately I was too busy this morning and forgot to bring one of my Zombicide models, a brush and a few paints with me to work, so I'm too late to Oath anything - lucky for all of us there will be an AMNESTY MONTH later in the year, to let you fill in an Oath month you missed! To be announced...but it'll be October, which is my birth month (so hopefully I don't forget). It's roughly halfway through the competition so it shouldn't affect points totals too much, I thought of maybe having one late in the Oath Season (like March or April) but I think that would skew things too much again.

FOR EVERYONE THAT'S WON A PRIZE DRAWING I have many many of you to get to, if you've emailed me I have your email and will work through them from oldest to newest (which is why I request emails only, not PMs, sent to krushgroove169@gmail.com, I can search for them and you can't search for poo poo on PMs). I have TONS of stuff to send out, and even more from the season 6 Top 10 stuff, so please be patient. If you've selected something that WAS available when you looked at the grab bag (or whatever) stuff but someone claimed it before you, please don't get upset, just choose something else or I can send you a clutch of Springer-Pinsel brushes as a replacement.

THE NEXT THEMED OATH MONTH will be in AUGUST, sponsored by KR MULTICASE (soft foam for figures, hard cases for soft foam)! This will be a similar thing as last year's competition, basically you paint something on your KR card case, carry bag, backpack, fabric case or whatever! So prepare for that. This time there will just be a single winner to get a cool prize from KR, so get your designs ready!

Also I want to give a HUGE THANKS to ZARK THE DAMED and ELECTRIC HOBO for doing the spreadsheet and prize draws - I'm crazy busy in the summer with a lot of out-of-town work so as you can see I can fall behind on things, and their help helps me keep on top of things :unsmith:

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Oath complete!

Claiming Theme Challenge and #SquadGoals

Don't have access to a camera that has adjustable focus, so this is the best I could do for this month. Hoping that this weekend I can get some better pictures at the store.

As I said in the oath post, I reserve the right to not paint both sets of accessories, and ended up needing to invoke that right. Only painted the Iron Fang Pikemen pieces, not the Black Dragon pieces.

Not really satisfied with some parts of it, I want to redo the shading on some things. And I still need to get some arc markings painted on. But they're to a pretty solid tabletop standard.

Edit:

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Oct 2, 2016

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.

krushgroove posted:

That sucks! If you haven't been out drinking all this time, painting and modeling is pretty therapeutic if you can get into the mindset.

Thank you :)
I ended finishing my Oath, though, thanks to someone's kind words in another thread.

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Iceclaw posted:

Updated my post with what I could. If anything is still missing, well, that'll teach me for being a moron. Sorry for the inconvenience.
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3774261&userid=157296#post461607588

All good!

Dimo ArKacho posted:

Oath complete!

Need to work on my highlighting, and again, lack of color variety makes that difficult. Still, I'm satisfied with this for TT quality.

I'll let you off this time as you're a first timer, but you need to make a single completion post with everything you painted this month :)

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

:eonwe: OATH COMPLETE :eonwe:

His bonesium platform shoe will once again be cut off once the basing for his army has been arranged, but he can't stand up without it, so I've left it on for now.

Claiming Box Art:

http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/karnedge/latest/03625#detail/03625_p_1_mp

Also claiming Summer’s here! Time to relax... with a mini that is well over 50% skin

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

:siren: 30 minutes warning! :siren:

As of this post you have about 30 minutes left to get your completion post in!

Technically I guess you could make an oath now and do some extreme speed painting...

hexa
Dec 10, 2004

And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom

moths posted:

I hate to chat in the Oath thread, but -

If you rim the bases in red it'll really bring out their eyes in what's an otherwise monochromatic scheme.

I originally put brown bases on the first batch I painted, to try and get a scorched earth look, but it didn't really look right. The monochrome looks so much better, I need to go back and paint over them. I might leave the rims until I've painted the Resistance and see how they look with similar bases but slightly more colourful paint jobs.

The Impaler
Dec 28, 2011

10 Brogies
20 GOTO 10

krushgroove posted:

I thought I had it on American Samoa (I used the link in the first post)!

Oath complete!

Claiming SPEED PAINTING and the JUNE TECHNICAL CHALLENGE [SKIN]

The Impaler posted:

I, The Impaler, cheekily oath with under a day to go- a 28mm GW Grot

The Impaler fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Jul 1, 2016

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

The Impaler posted:

Yours is fine, I think krushgroove was talking about a different oath.

And with that June is finished! feel free to start oathing for July!

Now is a good time for everyone to double check their points etc. for June in the spreadsheet - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CjBdEM06ehsHI_IGCRx-Ls-j3Mw3vCoZ02a83yBnRtA/edit?ts=57292533#gid=12

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in July

1 Kraken by Reaper (25mm)

readysetgo

Luebbi
Jul 28, 2000
I, Luebbi, oath for July

one 5-man unit of Privateer Press Gatorman Posse

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
:siren: July: Life's a beach! :siren:
technical challenge: use water effects of some type on your base, so that your model looks like it's just stepped out of the water - or it's just about to go in the water!

theme challenge: paint a model that is in some way related to water - it could be a mermaid, navy SEAL, fish, sharkman, boat, whatever you like!

Thanks to goon moths and his wife for the awesome art piece!

The monthly countdown clock is here thanks to goon Deanut Pancer - you can quickly see how much time is left for your Oath Complete picture to be posted!

Questions about this month's Challenges will be copy/pasted here!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

The Impaler posted:

You were fine, as Zark said I was talking to 2 other goons (Iceclaw and Radio Free Walrus). But when I'm so far behind approving Oaths I'm not as strict as normal anyway.

NTRabbit posted:

I, NTRabbit, oath to paint in July

1 Kraken by Reaper (25mm)

readysetgo

Luebbi posted:

I, Luebbi, oath for July

one 5-man unit of Privateer Press Gatorman Posse

Oaths Accepted!

• Locked thread