Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

colas posted:

Calm down narc

I'm not a cop, I'd have to tell you if I was.

Actual content, I bought a bootleg Supreme lanyard on AliExpress because I have to wear a lanyard for work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

SaltLick posted:

Got a frying pan I'll hold onto for the rest of my life for a good deal.

Love those pans, hate their handles. Like, I would pay for an aftermarket one to attach if one were available. But so long as I am not moving it, they are amazing and will quickly show you any flaws in your burners.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Now to get a 1440 monitor to really push some pixels.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

bongwizzard posted:

Love those pans, hate their handles. Like, I would pay for an aftermarket one to attach if one were available. But so long as I am not moving it, they are amazing and will quickly show you any flaws in your burners.

Yea I just wish the TK series was something that would go on sale or be readily available instead of at Williams Sonoma

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Whelp, I just pulled the trigger on a bunch of purchases because some work stuff happened that will involve me traveling to China for a fairly extended period of time:

Not pictured: passport picture and visa application fee ($175 total).

$800 is more than I wanted to spend tonight, but this is stuff that I've been wanting to buy for a long time. I don't have a real camera and my backpack is falling apart, so I kinda need this stuff for work and travel. Once I get back, though, I have a few more things I want to purchase as well. Oy vey. Keep your fingers crossed for them big boy paychecks coming in.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
:saddowns: Don't look at my site :saddowns:

Coffee And Pie posted:

I'm not a cop, I'd have to tell you if I was.

Actual content, I bought a bootleg Supreme lanyard on AliExpress because I have to wear a lanyard for work

What is a supreme lanyard and how is it different to all the other lanyards out there?

Horse Clocks
Dec 14, 2004

SEKCobra posted:

What is a supreme lanyard and how is it different to all the other lanyards out there?

Supreme is a brand with some crazy good marketing and a massive cult following.

If you ask me, they just sell generic clothing. But do it for many multiples of what you'd expect.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi
Right so it's a lanyard with a bottle opener and a lovely logo? Guess people really are stupid.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice

V for Vegas posted:

:pcgaming::siren: RGB SPECTRUM :siren::pcgaming:

Seriously speaking, that would probably be my choice too, if I had not gotten an awesome deal on a R9 Nano just couple of months ago.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Metanaut posted:

:pcgaming::siren: RGB SPECTRUM :siren::pcgaming:

Seriously speaking, that would probably be my choice too, if I had not gotten an awesome deal on a R9 Nano just couple of months ago.

Replacing an ageing Radeon 5850. Unbelievable that the 1070 actually has the same TPD as that 7 year old card but performs better than a 980.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

NewFatMike posted:

Whelp, I just pulled the trigger on a bunch of purchases because some work stuff happened that will involve me traveling to China for a fairly extended period of time:

Not pictured: passport picture and visa application fee ($175 total).

$800 is more than I wanted to spend tonight, but this is stuff that I've been wanting to buy for a long time. I don't have a real camera and my backpack is falling apart, so I kinda need this stuff for work and travel. Once I get back, though, I have a few more things I want to purchase as well. Oy vey. Keep your fingers crossed for them big boy paychecks coming in.

Is that a Goruck Gr1? You should have waited until July since that's when they have big sales. I bought my Rucker for like 40% off last time.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Drats, I did not know, but I'll probably be leaving in the next week or so, so I can't really wait for a sale because it'll take some time to get here. I'm hoping I'll get it before I leave.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SEKCobra posted:

Right so it's a lanyard with a bottle opener and a lovely logo? Guess people really are stupid.

Well right now I have to wear a lanyard for work with a shittier logo. I also bought a bootleg for $8 and not a real one for like $50. Quit shopshaming me, dick.

SEKCobra
Feb 28, 2011

Hi

Coffee And Pie posted:

Well right now I have to wear a lanyard for work with a shittier logo. I also bought a bootleg for $8 and not a real one for like $50. Quit shopshaming me, dick.

I'm not shopshaming you, you didn't buy a Supreme lanyard :downs:

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Supreme is actually some big time win.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

with bonus disc:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Bape Culture posted:

Supreme is actually some big time win.

...if you buy it and sell it on for more money, yeah.

The Prong Song
Sep 7, 2002

WHITE
DRIVES
MATTER

88h88 posted:

...if you buy it and sell it on for more money, yeah.

Please note: his name is Bape Culture, he's completely bought into the marketing and culture around those sorts of brands; convincing him a Supreme lanyard isn't worth $50 is going to be hard.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

quote:

supreme lanyard talk

BANGIN' ON MY CHEST

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

V for Vegas posted:

I was about to pull the trigger on this before realizing that the only games I play on my PC anymore are Blizzard games that could run on a toaster. Maybe next year.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sigma X posted:

Please note: his name is Bape Culture, he's completely bought into the marketing and culture around those sorts of brands; convincing him a Supreme lanyard isn't worth $50 is going to be hard.

Ah it's Bape, in which case he can carry on seeing as he probably actually wears the stuff outside instead of trying to stunt wearing it in his mum's bedroom on instagram before reselling it.

Thank you for this.

Olympic Mathlete has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Jun 30, 2016

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Nephzinho posted:

I was about to pull the trigger on this before realizing that the only games I play on my PC anymore are Blizzard games that could run on a toaster. Maybe next year.

Question is how soon is it till the 1080ti's come out?

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Coffee And Pie posted:

It's page 420 and nobody bought any weed smh

I wasn't gonna say anything but I made a trip to the dispensary. I love it because by the time I'm out the door they've sent me an email with my receipt and a description of the strain I bought. You know, in case I get too high and forget!

BHO White Widow Sugar Wax Hybrid

Among the most famous strains worldwide is White Widow, a balanced hybrid first bred in the Netherlands by Green House Seeds. A cross between a Brazilian sativa landrace and a resin-heavy South Indian indica, White Widow has blessed every Dutch coffee shop menu since its birth in the 1990s. Its buds are white with crystal resin, warning you of the potent effects to come. A powerful burst of euphoria and energy breaks through immediately, stimulating both conversation and creativity. White Widow genes have given rise to many other legends like White Russian, White Rhino, and Blue Widow. Still, many growers prefer cultivation of the original White Widow, which flowers in about 60 days indoors.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Are you saying that Panama Red and Thai sticks are no longer in fashion?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Dick Trauma posted:

It's all about that Toledo Window Box.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Dick Trauma posted:

Thai sticks? Like, actually smoke weed? How pedestrian! One of these http://www.thisthingrips.com/ and what I bought (a brown wax that melts on contact with a heating element) means I can take two little puffs of what people assume is a vape pen and I'm good.

Edit: the only downside being that people might think I vape

treiz01 has a new favorite as of 17:24 on Jun 30, 2016

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm about to buy a ton of extreeeeeeeme drugs because I am the most tired are a pretty rough night.

I'm actually just gonna drink this coffee and then some espresso at work

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Toast Museum posted:

It's all about that Toledo Window Box.

That my parents let me listen to that album when it came out helps explain why I turned out like this.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

Inzombiac posted:

I'm about to buy a ton of extreeeeeeeme drugs because I am the most tired are a pretty rough night.

I'm actually just gonna drink this coffee and then some espresso at work

Don't kid yourself my friend, caffeine is an unregulated psychoactive drug that can be seriously addictive!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

treiz01 posted:

Don't kid yourself my friend, caffeine is an unregulated psychoactive drug that can be seriously addictive!

You did it. You got the joke. Good 4 U!

I really don't care about having a caffeine addiction because coffee tastes so goddamn good.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

Dick Trauma posted:

That my parents let me listen to that album when it came out helps explain why I turned out like this.

I am glad I'm not the only one who got this.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

88h88 posted:

Ah it's Bape, in which case he can carry on seeing as he probably actually wears the stuff outside instead of trying to stunt wearing it in his mum's bedroom on instagram before reselling it.

Yeah. Hello.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I got a Roomba.

His name is Wesley. I love him. My cat, however, thinks less of him.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Eventually they will come to an understanding and the cat will be riding atop him.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!
Let's see...

Like 4 of these:

2 of these:

One of these:

Then about a month of my time.

Then a whole bunch of these in various colors:

And finally one of these to put it all on:

And Voila!

You get a pretty nice looking art piece.

I made it to donate to a charity event going on this weekend. It's called Summer Games Done Quick and it's basically 7 days, 24 hours a day of speed running games and taking donations for charity. It benefits Doctors Without Borders.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Impressive!
Long Mario is so creepy, I love it.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Inzombiac posted:

Impressive!
Long Mario is so creepy, I love it.

Yeah, it's based off my favorite t-shirt design from the previous event. I got in touch with the artist and he was totally cool with me using his design. I'm hoping it brings in decent chunk of money for the charity.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
New pool/bowl board

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

I am stoked for SGDQ, that is amazing.