Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Haha I ate Tiki's donut WHAT NOW HUH

Also the game really opens up once you start getting open audition on people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
savage enemy encounter

jellyfish casts sleep, other 3 wizard assholes cast maragi. i could not have the chance to escape. i blame you, tiki=waifu you garbage loving piece of poo poo

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Mamori's basic axe jump attack is the best

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tsubasa is the biggest dork and this game is the best. :3:

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

W.T. Fits posted:

Tsubasa is the biggest dork and this game is the best. :3:

I was just coming in here to ask how to advance that quest! I got the message about crepes, then... nothing. Where do I go to trigger the next part? The only crepe place I know is in Harajuku and nothing popped up when I went there.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Silver Falcon posted:

I was just coming in here to ask how to advance that quest! I got the message about crepes, then... nothing. Where do I go to trigger the next part? The only crepe place I know is in Harajuku and nothing popped up when I went there.

The crepe is a red herring. Just talk to people around Shibuya to find out where it hangs out.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I got it! I hadn't talked to the one guy hiding behind Hee Ho Mart. He blends in with the building...

Tsubasa and Itsuki are both such dorks. I love it. :3:

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!

Silver Falcon posted:

I got it! I hadn't talked to the one guy hiding behind Hee Ho Mart. He blends in with the building...

That whole quest is full of gold.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

tsubapsa

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....
Can anyone tell me if there is an option to output all the game audio through the gamepad headphone jack?

I know that off-tv play is out, which is a bummer, but if audio through the gamepad is available that'd be great!

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

.Ataraxia. posted:

Can anyone tell me if there is an option to output all the game audio through the gamepad headphone jack?

I know that off-tv play is out, which is a bummer, but if audio through the gamepad is available that'd be great!

I don't think so. As far as I can tell, the headphone jack'll just give you Topic alerts.

.Ataraxia.
Apr 3, 2007

I think my NES is broken....

ChaosArgate posted:

I don't think so. As far as I can tell, the headphone jack'll just give you Topic alerts.

Dang! Thanks for checking for me. Guess I'll have to rig something up...

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Is there any way to completely reset all the LCD panels at the Daiba Studio Idolasphere? Do I have to come back later or something? Currently there's absolutely no way for me to get all the treasure chests in that room.

Edit: Woops, should've waited a couple minutes before asking this..didn't expect to come back to that room for the final part of the dungeon.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 15:35 on Jun 30, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dunban posted:

Is there any way to completely reset all the LCD panels at the Daiba Studio Idolasphere? Do I have to come back later or something? Currently there's absolutely no way for me to get all the treasure chests in that room.

Just leave the room and come back in via teleport and they'll be reset.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Does Japan really have cooking shows entirely about mircowavable food?

"Thanks for joining us today. This episode I will tell you how to microwave the perfect leftover pizza"

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Alright, I now got all of them..except the locked chest in the upper right part of the room. There's seemingly no way to get to it since the panel in front of the stairs leading up to it is red and there's no switch to change the panels in that row.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lord Ephraim posted:

"Thanks for joining us today. This episode I will tell you how to microwave the perfect leftover pizza"

The microwave thing is an intentional joke they go into later. It's supposed to be ridiculous.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Lord Ephraim posted:

Not quite. It's a parody of Cooking Idol, which was popular amongst hardcore otaku. And the likes of Barry.

No. 1 Callie Fan fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Jun 30, 2016

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is there a list of carnages and the performas you need for them somewhere yet? I checked Gamefaqs and turned up nothing.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

Lord Ephraim posted:

Japanese microwaves usually double as ovens also (99% of people don't have a full sized oven) so you can actually get some serious cooking done in them too

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
There is an entire channel dedicated to selling various knives in US, a microwave show isn't too far-fetched.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Argh, where the hell do I find Ellie for our bogus magazine reading date? I've looked every outside of the idolaspheres.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

She's in the Hee-Ho Mart.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

MrAristocrates posted:

She's in the Hee-Ho Mart.

Who reads magazines in a convenience store? It's not a library!

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

The Moon Monster posted:

just another one of those cultural touchstones. americans know this as "camping out at barnes & noble"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The leadup to the final battle is both insanely stupid and insanely great. :unsmith:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Back playing this game now that I'm done with Zero Time Dilemma - the arena is pretty boring. Is it worth it to get up to 99 coins in each difficulty?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
Duo arts are powerful and give a nice chance to grab a refill. The cool & cute Kiria is good. This game is good.

orenronen
Nov 7, 2008

The Moon Monster posted:

That's actually spot on. Every time I go into a convenience store over here (that is, every day because they're an essential part of life here) there are people in front of the magazine rack reading magazines.

Mischitary
Oct 9, 2007
I'm kind of surprised how much I like these characters, although I guess I shouldn't be. Atlus is the king of creating bog-standard anime characters that are somehow weirdly appealing. The mission where you have to buy the donut for Tiki and then describe to her how it tastes because she can't eat it was so funny to me, at least if you pick the second option.

Also, I'm wondering if sometimes you can open up side-stories for characters earlier than intended? Because I've got one where the recommended level is like 47 and none of my guys are in the 40's yet. I've just been doin' them as I get them but it seems like maybe you should wait until you get a bit further in the game to progress some of the side stories, even though they're available already?

Silver Falcon posted:

Itsuki is really good. One of the things I like the most about him is that no matter how hard you try to hit on the ladies by picking dialogue options he never does it. Like when Maiko asks if you want to stay for a "private lesson", if you pick to agree to stay Tsubasa gets mad at you but Itsuki is totally oblivious.

Mischitary fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jul 1, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mischitary posted:

I'm kind of surprised how much I like these characters, although I guess I shouldn't be. Atlus is the king of creating bog-standard anime characters that are somehow weirdly appealing. The mission where you have to buy the donut for Tiki and then describe to her how it tastes because she can't eat it was so funny to me, at least if you pick the second option.

Also, I'm wondering if sometimes you can open up side-stories for characters earlier than intended? Because I've got one where the recommended level is like 47 and none of my guys are in the 40's yet. I've just been doin' them as I get them but it seems like maybe you should wait until you get a bit further in the game to progress some of the side stories, even though they're available already?

Itsuki is really good. One of the things I like the most about him is that no matter how hard you try to hit on the ladies by picking dialogue options he never does it. Like when Maiko asks if you want to stay for a "private lesson", if you pick to agree to stay Tsubasa gets mad at you but Itsuki is totally oblivious.

Generally the recommended levels are not actually very accurate. A lot of those missions have bosses who are high level but give you some kind of bonus which makes them much easier. That mission in particular lets you effectively cripple the boss.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Did the whole second proper dungeon in a sitting, that was way harder to navigate than it was supposed to be. Got a bunch of stuff unlocked and bought and fought the boss, didn't go that well but I fought off for quite a while at least, I think I'll get 'im tomorrow.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Alright, I can't find Tiki=waifu in the Shibuya idolasphere, am I doing something wrong?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Generally the recommended levels are not actually very accurate. A lot of those missions have bosses who are high level but give you some kind of bonus which makes them much easier. That mission in particular lets you effectively cripple the boss.

How do you do that? I got stomped when I tried it as they and the minions were not taking much damage and did huge amounts to me.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

BillmasterCozb posted:

Alright, I can't find Tiki=waifu in the Shibuya idolasphere, am I doing something wrong?

she's where you fought the miniboss

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Ye so im not buying this game but I want to know about the memes in it so if you guys could please post all the memes that are in this game it would be very much appreciated.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Ye so im not buying this game but I want to know about the memes in it so if you guys could please post all the memes that are in this game it would be very much appreciated.

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jul 1, 2016

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
waifu is not a meme

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

I find these memes to be severely lacking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I don't think there are any memes in this game.

Then again, it was Atlus who did the localisation instead of Treehouse.

• Locked thread