Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tazjin posted:

I'm looking for a (not particulary good) movie that I don't remember much from. It was set in our time and it involved a dragon (or multiple dragons?) in some kind of research facility, and the only thing I remember is a shot of a dragon crawling through some kind of tunnel.

Saw this roughly between 2007-2009, probably on TV.

Not a lot to go on but maybe someone has an idea ...

Reign of Fire?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd2hHvq-SEA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Dragon Hunter has a lovely dragon crawling through vents in an underground research facility. Also Dean Cain!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFL2srHOvY

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

That's not it but the plot sounds amazing

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Dragon Hunter has a lovely dragon crawling through vents in an underground research facility. Also Dean Cain!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loFL2srHOvY

Thanks, this is it! The trailer looks just as poo poo as I remember it to be, gotta rewatch this.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

tazjin posted:

I love Reign of Fire, I'm puzzled as to why it did so poorly.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

What movie is this

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

tazjin posted:

Do you know how Fear the Walking Dead was sold as taking place during the apocalipse? Same deal. What you think you're getting occupies all of the first 2 minutes of the movie. It's not a terrible movie but if you're expecting to see dragons tearing up modern civilization you'll be sorely disappointed.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The best dragon movie will now and forever be Dragonheart.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

oldpainless posted:

Die Nibelungen rules if you have an entire day.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

oldpainless posted:

Dragonheart is good fun, but it's not on the same level as Die Niebelungen, Dragonslayer, or half of the Godzilla films.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

a few DRUNK BONERS posted:

What movie is this

Random throwaway guess of The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938).

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

What movie is this

Where'd you get the image? There's a "Guess the film from the sceenshot" thread, you could post it there but everyone will be expecting you to already have the answer.

Zogo posted:

Random throwaway guess of The Adventures of Robin Hood (1938).

Nah Robin Hood isn't widescreen.

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Sir Nose posted:

Nah Robin Hood isn't widescreen.

Yea, although people crop video stills all the time.

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm
I assumed it was a Japanese period piece due to the rider's shirt, but looking more closely at it I can't tell (it looked like some bright flower design at first, but the pink things are tassels. Also I'm not sure it's supposed to be pink with all the weird colors).

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

What movie is this

It reminds me of this mega lovely Hercules movie wherein there were some medieval western European type guys towards the end out of nowhere. Check the Hercules movie that was on MST3K or Rifftrax but not the "against the Moon Men" one. The plot was that Hercules loses his memory and everyone is trying to manipulate him into thinking he's their ally. It that this similar total disregard for the costumes looking like anything.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

They kind of look like Cossacks to me, or some kind of Russian given the hat

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

oldpainless posted:

Good news! Dragonheart 4 is in post-production and should be released sometime this year!
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5610626/

(It's not really good news)

(It will be a Direct-to-DVD piece of poo poo)

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Lurdiak posted:

The timing wasn't great. It was up against Men in Black II on its first weekend, which attracted mostly the same audience.

Retro Futurist posted:

They kind of look like Cossacks to me, or some kind of Russian given the hat

I think it's Japan. It looks like an eboshi cap to me. Of course if it's an old Hollywood movie they could have just grabbed something exotic-looking out of wardrobe, so who knows.

SaintFu
Aug 27, 2006

Where's your god now?

What movie is this

It has the look of a Shaw Brothers movie.

Skunkduster
Jul 15, 2005

I saw a movie around 2000 that I thought was "Tears of the Sun". What I remember was either Annie Lennox or The Eurythmics did the closing song over the end credits and I believe it was either "I Saved The World Today" or "Peace is Just a Word". I looked at the soundtrack for Tears of the Sun and it is all Hans Zimmer. It was definitely a movie and not a TV show. It was also not Will and Grace, The Sopranos, or anything else on the Eurythmics IMDB page. I'm stumped because I distinctly remember it playing at the end of a movie because I thought it was a guy singing in a high voice and then it dawned on me that it was Annie Lennox and I felt dumb because I should have known that.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Could be "Holy Smoke", that was 1999.

moller
Jan 10, 2007

Swan stole my music and framed me!

SaintFu posted:

It has the look of a Shaw Brothers movie.

The outfits and the hats tell me HK period piece, but it could be anything.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Lurdiak posted:

It's kind of super grim so it doesn't inspire high adventure. Also the trailer isn't very good. Like not at all. Anytime they have post-processing effects to footage you kind of assume they have a bad movie. But you're right, it's an alright movie although I wouldn't champion it or anything.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVlza5ndrZc

Edit: Sorry for the week old reply, I can't read timestamps apparently.

Ape Agitator fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Jul 9, 2016

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

A thriller kind of flick where the bad guy is an albino guy wearing all black. In the film's climax good guy chases the bad guy to a hotel balcony overlooking a pool/whatever, and after a struggle the albino guy is hanging off the edge of the balcony.

Before he falls to his death, he asks why the good guy isn't killing him and the good guy says a weird comment about his pale eyes, like "I've never seen someone with bunting eyes before" or something, then the guy falls.

Was definitely from the late very late 80s or early 90s.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Neo Rasa posted:

A thriller kind of flick where the bad guy is an albino guy wearing all black. In the film's climax good guy chases the bad guy to a hotel balcony overlooking a pool/whatever, and after a struggle the albino guy is hanging off the edge of the balcony.

Before he falls to his death, he asks why the good guy isn't killing him and the good guy says a weird comment about his pale eyes, like "I've never seen someone with bunting eyes before" or something, then the guy falls.

Was definitely from the late very late 80s or early 90s.

That's definitely Stick with Burt Reynolds. Reynolds calls the bad guy "bunny eyes" due to having red pupils like a white rabbit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=boQ96TK9fUk

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Starblind posted:

That's definitely Stick with Burt Reynolds. Reynolds calls the bad guy "bunny eyes" due to having red pupils like a white rabbit.

YES! Thank you. I realize why I thought the film was a little more recent than that too, I've never seen it, but had seen that fall like a billion times on specials about special effects/how stunts are done in the early 90s.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Jul 12, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
This is mostly for any German people who might be reading this thread.

I saw this movie late at night on ARTE at some point in the late 90s / early 2000s. From what I remember it had a similar tone / look to Nachtgestalten, which I also first saw there around that time. But it's about a bunch of kids graduating from school and the party they throw that night.

What I remember:

- It starts with the actual graduation ceremony and the main character telling his buddy that he's going away to university and thus they have to break up their band. The buddy is then angry at him for most of the movie.

- At some point he fucks the drunk slutty girl in his class he's had a crush on forever (maybe it's his first time). She's less than impressed with his sexual prowess and, while he's pumping away on top of her, casually lights a cigarette and asks if he minds. A fight between two drunk naked people ensues.

- Towards the end the main character and his buddy have their big blow-out in a kebab truck sitting next to the venue of the party. The main character repeatedly tells him to stop sulking and just loving hit him if he's that pissed off. After about the fifth time the buddy unexectedly slams the fridge door they're standing next to in his face. It owns.

Does any of this ring a bell for anyone? It pops into my head every once in a while and drives me crazy, I've never been able to find anything. I think the title either had the word party or abitur in it but I'm not sure. The country should either be Germany or Austria, I think I'd remember if it was dubbed.

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 11:01 on Jul 12, 2016

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
I'm watching Red Dwarf and a very old memory just popped into my head, of an 80s or early 90s movie scene. Not even a whole scene--I can only remember a single shot: a lone spaceship with a gaping hole in the side, like something took a bite out of it. Eerie as hell.

I imagine there's a lot of movies with imagery like this, but I love monster horror so where should I start?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

artsy fartsy posted:

I'm watching Red Dwarf and a very old memory just popped into my head, of an 80s or early 90s movie scene. Not even a whole scene--I can only remember a single shot: a lone spaceship with a gaping hole in the side, like something took a bite out of it. Eerie as hell.

I imagine there's a lot of movies with imagery like this, but I love monster horror so where should I start?

Well, the time frame is off, but that happens near the beginning of Star Trek:Generations.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
Back in college I watched this American Pie-esque movie, and all I can remember about it (other than it not being very good) is that at one point a guy fucks a loaf of bread. Anyone know what this could be? This has been bugging me for years but I don't want to risk googling "bread loving movie."

ProfessorMurder
Aug 27, 2003

I can wet the bed in the shape of Abraham Lincoln

Mr Jaunts posted:

Back in college I watched this American Pie-esque movie, and all I can remember about it (other than it not being very good) is that at one point a guy fucks a loaf of bread. Anyone know what this could be? This has been bugging me for years but I don't want to risk googling "bread loving movie."

Sounds like Dirty Deeds.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx

Yes! That's the one, thanks friend :)

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
There was this low-budget live-action scifi movie when I was a kid. It featured some kind of (?) colony ship thing, with a space pod type thing that crashlanded on a snow planet or a gladiatorial ring and is attacked by a monster, and then they escape, and investigate some kind of abandoned space station thing? I do not remember the ending.

I think the timeframe for this movie is probably 1994-1998. I remember it being called Hypernauts but the only references I can find are animated and this was definitely live-action. Might be something-nauts.

Starblind
Apr 4, 2007

Encomium in colour

Paul MaudDib posted:

There was this low-budget live-action scifi movie when I was a kid. It featured some kind of (?) colony ship thing, with a space pod type thing that crashlanded on a snow planet or a gladiatorial ring and is attacked by a monster, and then they escape, and investigate some kind of abandoned space station thing? I do not remember the ending.

I think the timeframe for this movie is probably 1994-1998. I remember it being called Hypernauts but the only references I can find are animated and this was definitely live-action. Might be something-nauts.

It probably was Hypernauts, which was live-action but a TV show rather than a movie. Other than that you have the plot of the first few episodes pretty much exactly. There were also CGI Mechwarrior-style mechs that the main characters rode around in. Here's the beginning of it on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iJj9NKuznE

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Here's one from my girlfriend: "An early 2000's comedy from an European country (maybe Romania?) about a teenage girl. She's a terrible singer and wants to participate in a singing contest, kinda like Eurovision. Her dad is a construction worker and wants to support her."

I tried quite a lot of search term combinations but they all lead me to Euro Trip, heh.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

artsy fartsy posted:

If it isn't Moontrap, it still sounds like that's something you might want to check out.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
There was a late 90's, early 00's American low-budget slasher by a former big(-ish) name. Some schlub (iirc his wife hated him and his boss took advantage of him) wakes up with a pure-white mask on his face, and then starts killing people. It was sorta about how unable to express his emotions he resorted to violence but not really.
It's bugging me because I thought for sure it was a late Carpenter but after checking his IMDB I was obviously wrong.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Bruiser?

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0212830/?ref_=m_nmfmd_dr_4

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
That's it exact. Thanks, it's really hard to google a slasher defined by a white expressionless mask. That's about half of em.

Telegnostic
Apr 24, 2008

Pentaro posted:

Here's one from my girlfriend: "An early 2000's comedy from an European country (maybe Romania?) about a teenage girl. She's a terrible singer and wants to participate in a singing contest, kinda like Eurovision. Her dad is a construction worker and wants to support her."

I tried quite a lot of search term combinations but they all lead me to Euro Trip, heh.

This matches almost none of your criteria, but could it be Hits?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm trying to find this asian movie I haven't seen in years but remember liking. I had the DVD once but lost it.

I'm pretty sure it's Korean and from like the late 90s / early 2000s. It starts with a batshit insane guy who has kidnapped another man and tied him up in a mountain cabin. He thinks his captive is an alien out to destroy the world and wants him to tell him his plan. Some more characters show up at the cabin and I think some murders happen. Then at the end it turns out the crazy guy was right and the kidnapped guy actually is an alien.

I think. It's been a while.

edit: nevermind, found it. It was called Save The Green Planet!

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Jul 23, 2016