Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

FutonForensic posted:

They recorded that podcast last Friday, so it had just happened.Though I think it's less "we're irl sobbing over the secession of Britain from the EU" and more "we need a bit for the intro and everyone on Twitter's saying the world's ending so we'll run with that I guess?"

Also don't forget West Virginia has been dealing with horrific flooding around the same time. That stuff combined with the general 'man, ROUGH few weeks huh' feel would probably be enough to make most people a bit bummed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

"Point me to the toilet, I hope I never die" --Ray Donovan

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Brexit is just the most recent terrible bullshit that's happened. 2016 has been a completely awful year and that's what I think they were talking about.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

But hey, Mac n Cheetos came out, so it's not all bad!

Beekeeping and You
Sep 27, 2011

I assumed they were talking about the pulse shooting? For... some reason.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Beekeeping and You posted:

I assumed they were talking about the pulse shooting? For... some reason.

Yeah me too. I was actually getting a little uncomfortable by how glib they were starting to get about it at the very end. Them referring primarily to Brexit makes a lot more sense, though. :sweatdrop:

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Yeah, Pulse would have been before, it's probably the mix of Brexit and the crazy flooding in WV. And just generally everything being terrible.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

So many boys!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When I read the name Ray Donovan in the description, I thought he was like an athlete, and I was incredibly confused during the intro until I googled it.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
So is there a list of people somewhere that told the brothers "Great job?" Wanted to find them for a friend

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYZl_YOMg7E

These boys deserve an embed.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

zimbomonkey posted:

So is there a list of people somewhere that told the brothers "Great job?" Wanted to find them for a friend

If there is then they need to add Jimmy Buffet now.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mikeycp posted:

jesus loving christ

Vonnegut Asterisk
Apr 14, 2007

Brandon, you put Pat White down this instant young man!

mikeycp posted:

Break out the Landsharks boys! Lin got another!

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

:siren: NEW TAZ IS UP :siren:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Pretty good! They seem to be getting a better idea of the lay of the land, and I like what Griffin has in place to keep things from getting too repetitive.

I do hope that they try to tell Roswell about the time looping - it seems like telling them that might be believable + that might help them be a lot more permissive w/ letting the party roam around.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
After the interminable exposition of Crystal Kingdom's back half, this arc is a breath of fresh air, so far.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
https://twitter.com/JustinMcElroy/status/748553058498404352

Will the VR Zone claim another of the brothers???

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
this Adventure Zone arc is pretty loving rad imo and I wish it had come after the racing one.

I vaguely remember a N64 game that was kinda like this where you play a ronin that walks into a small Japanese village. Is this like a common D&D format?

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Illinois Smith posted:

this Adventure Zone arc is pretty loving rad imo and I wish it had come after the racing one.

I vaguely remember a N64 game that was kinda like this where you play a ronin that walks into a small Japanese village. Is this like a common D&D format?

An outsider wandering into a small town in turmoil is a pretty common story arch. When you combine it with a game that tends to involve a bunch of characters moving around from new place to new place, it leaves a lot of room for the two to overlap.

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

"Did I get Punk'd 2?"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

Are you thinking of Way of the Samurai because that was a PS2 game

it's also the best goddamn video game ever made

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
oh, right :)

Greatbacon posted:

An outsider wandering into a small town in turmoil is a pretty common story arch. When you combine it with a game that tends to involve a bunch of characters moving around from new place to new place, it leaves a lot of room for the two to overlap.
I meant more the Groundhog Day aspect of it.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Majoras Mask

ShrewdOrganMerchant
Apr 26, 2008

Please stop doing that.
As far as timeloop plots go, the thing that immediately came to mind for me was the X Files episode "Monday".

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I FORGOT THAT MERLE STRAIGHT UP TRIED TO KILLSWITCH TOM BODETT

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

ShrewdOrganMerchant posted:

As far as timeloop plots go, the thing that immediately came to mind for me was the X Files episode "Monday".

The week that last episode of TAZ aired, 12 Monkeys also aired a timeloop episode that was really good.

The Mystery Spot episode of Supernatural is still my favorite timeloop episode of genre television, though.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
The timeloop episode of Xena is great too, especially the point where she just gives up and murders everything.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Guy Mann posted:

The week that last episode of TAZ aired, 12 Monkeys also aired a timeloop episode that was really good.

The Mystery Spot episode of Supernatural is still my favorite timeloop episode of genre television, though.

Not technically a timeloop, but Person of Interest also had an episode where the AI through which we see the show runs a bunch of simulations over and over again to try and find the optimal scenario to keeping all of its agents alive.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/748714029208571904
It's spreading

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Edge of Tomorrow is a great time loop movie because it involves lots of Tom Cruise running at top speed, sometimes assisted by an exoskeleton.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

I can't stand seeing Nick being corrupted like this.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

A rememberance I just had regarding the new Adventure Zone: the guys are still in summer fashion with skirts and plaid shorts.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Everybody is forgetting the incredible Stargate SG-1 time loop episode.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I liked Crystal Kingdom, but I had the opportunity to listen to it straight through. I felt like it was the first actual ~dungeon~ adventure they went through. Hodgepodge in particular was great, although I didn't love their solution for it.

Man this makes me miss DnD.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Crystal Kingdom was a good arc, it just wasn't super cohesive and dragged on a little bit. As a string of standalone vignettes it was pretty alright!

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

flatluigi posted:

Crystal Kingdom was a good arc, it just wasn't super cohesive and dragged on a little bit. As a string of standalone vignettes it was pretty alright!

It was the worst arc by a mile imo, the whole arc was just a vehicle for exposition for the really uninteresting overarching plot. This new arc is so much more interesting

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
as someone who is way behind on TAZ, can crystal kingdom be skipped? it was super draggy to me, I kind of lost interest after episode 2

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

padijun posted:

as someone who is way behind on TAZ, can crystal kingdom be skipped? it was super draggy to me, I kind of lost interest after episode 2

I don't remember there being any major revelations about the main plotline (Taako's quest for tacos), so I'd say you're safe to skip it.

The latest chapter has been a lot better so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roach Warehouse
Nov 1, 2010

padijun posted:

I'd recommend at least giving the last two and the interlude a listen, if only for Magnus' most audacious attempt to destroy a relic.