Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
no gun chat please shut up i'm begging you here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

MLM storytime! So, once someone was complaining about how broke they were despite being much better off than I. Anyway, I ask what what they are paying for, and among her things was 50 dollars for the Epicure Selections Club from her friend. So I ask her about it, and she says "Well, my friend is a stay at home mom, so she needs the money." So I said "Well, if she needs the money, then just give her the money, instead of giving a cut to the company." And she got all in a huff about how it would hurt her friend's feelings if she did that. Another time, she tried to sell me on a ramekin, or something, that was apparently from the same MLM. I looked it up, and showed her she could get four for the same price on Amazon. They weren't even the cheapest ones.

zakharov posted:

no gun chat please shut up i'm begging you here

Gun good.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Got bored and read some comments.

:stare:

It's a week late, but how does this bloke expect the Lib Dems to brainwash people? They can't even get on Question Time!

:itisabritishpoliticsjoke:

constantIllusion
Feb 16, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Conspiracy theory :beck: :words:

I wonder what it's like to live like that. This man is straight up frightened over Muslims and the government.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Please tell me this one is fake at least because it's kind of legit scary.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Idaho 18-3302 states: "License needed to carry concealed within a city; may carry openly without a permit in a vehicle or on foot. May carry concealed when outside the confines of a city or city limits, and inside a vehicle while engaged in a lawful outdoor activity. Starting July 1, 2016, permitless concealed carry within cities will also be legal for residents 21 years and older."

So yeah, loving scarier than the chick in that photo's trigger discipline.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Penis evil.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

:laffo: Jesse Carpenter II is a legit maniac

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop posted:

I've unfollowed my cousin since she started this crap, about 6 months after she had a baby. I get the feeling my sister is going to do the same thing when she has her baby.

Oh. :smith:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Nuebot posted:

Please tell me this one is fake at least because it's kind of legit scary.

I'm no gun expert but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to point a gun at something you don't want to shoot.

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

zakharov posted:

I'm no gun expert but I'm pretty sure you're not supposed to point a gun at something you don't want to shoot.

I'm sure there are special provisions if the person is white and trying to take are country back.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Holy moly, the comments on this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRAU6hODSck

• He really said that Cameron was wrong in organizing a referendum ! Maybe Colbert should move in North Korea, that would be the best thing he could do for the US.
  • Get ready for the same thing this November Libtards. The problem isn't Brexit or Trump...the problem is your worldview. This whole commentary is asinine and shallow. Typical for Colbert and his minions.
  • The stock market 'crash' has nothing to do with what the economy will become. It's short term noise. I am for brexit and made a lot of money shorting the market and the pound.

So many people believed the 'armageddon' narrative of the mainstream media. I really enjoyed taking their money.
  • You can really tell that (((colbert))) respects the british people's right to vote for their independence...
  • Since lil Stephen has such a problem with democracy, I suggest he wear a Swastika on his sleeve. Thanks.
    VOTE TRUMP 2016
  • Don't worry STEPHEN, when TRUMP wins the ELECTION this NOVEMBER, the world will be a better place, America will be a SAFER place, and you can STILL MAKE FUN OF TRUMP without having to fear CENSORSHIP like OBAMA's REGIME does, or being accused of HATE SPEECH...cuz this is FUCKIN' AMERICA!!!
  • "Jeb's supposed to get the nomination" (translation: big money PACs must prevail)

"Brexit is terrible" (translation: this democracy and voting stuff has got to go - it's a threat to humanity)

Why is Colbert suddenly sounding like one of the Stepford Wives? He's really drank the KoolAid

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

My favorite comments are on videos about mass shootings like Orlando or Sandy Hook and you see hundreds of people saying they are fake events.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Mu Zeta posted:

My favorite comments are on videos about mass shootings like Orlando or Sandy Hook and you see hundreds of people saying they are fake events.

Look at these pictures of white, brown haired women crying at each event. They're obviously the same person!

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Noted Catholic of French-Canadian descent Stephen Colbert actually a (((Jew)))! Wake up, sheeple!

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

At least she has a good catte. :3:

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

Since the topic is about scammy poo poo, is Norwex a bad one? A friend of mine recently got into that, but I feel that it's because she's bored at home while her bf works out of town.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

https://twitter.com/ncrossanimation/status/748732160597630977

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Fashionable Jorts posted:

Since the topic is about scammy poo poo, is Norwex a bad one?

All MLMs are scams.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

• He really said that Cameron was wrong in organizing a referendum ! Maybe Colbert should move in North Korea, that would be the best thing he could do for the US.
  • Get ready for the same thing this November Libtards. The problem isn't Brexit or Trump...the problem is your worldview. This whole commentary is asinine and shallow. Typical for Colbert and his minions.
  • The stock market 'crash' has nothing to do with what the economy will become. It's short term noise. I am for brexit and made a lot of money shorting the market and the pound.

So many people believed the 'armageddon' narrative of the mainstream media. I really enjoyed taking their money.
  • You can really tell that (((colbert))) respects the british people's right to vote for their independence...
  • Since lil Stephen has such a problem with democracy, I suggest he wear a Swastika on his sleeve. Thanks.
    VOTE TRUMP 2016
  • Don't worry STEPHEN, when TRUMP wins the ELECTION this NOVEMBER, the world will be a better place, America will be a SAFER place, and you can STILL MAKE FUN OF TRUMP without having to fear CENSORSHIP like OBAMA's REGIME does, or being accused of HATE SPEECH...cuz this is FUCKIN' AMERICA!!!
  • "Jeb's supposed to get the nomination" (translation: big money PACs must prevail)

"Brexit is terrible" (translation: this democracy and voting stuff has got to go - it's a threat to humanity)

Why is Colbert suddenly sounding like one of the Stepford Wives? He's really drank the KoolAid

Usually conservatives don't allow themselves to watch "Lieberal media" so the fact that they're on a Stephen Colbert video getting mad at his views is beyond me. Unless... they used to be big Colbert fans when he was a parody conservative, and actually believed that act.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

Absurd Alhazred posted:

VOTE TRUMP 2016

PM Cameron quitting is a pretty good indicator of the contempt the ruling class has for democracy. A monarchy is better in a lot of ways, because there's one person that either does the reasonable job or gets straight up murdered.

Ularg posted:

Usually conservatives don't allow themselves to watch "Lieberal media" so the fact that they're on a Stephen Colbert video getting mad at his views is beyond me. Unless... they used to be big Colbert fans when he was a parody conservative, and actually believed that act.

I like Colbert but now I must question his intelligence and sincerity. He may have friends in London but they must be rich because no average Brit with a brain is going to want to stay in the EU. Here is why the Brexit was voted in.

the entire global establishment is rushing to assure itself that the Brexit movement is not a class revolt, but only a momentary spasm of voter ignorance and lower-class bigotry against Muslim immigrants. But they're only fooling themselves. While the two-headed monster of raw racism and xenophobia was most certainly in play, that was not the majority of the pro-exit vote. At its core, this vote was a full-throated rebellion against out-of-control economic and political elites ruling from afar, enriching themselves by ransacking the workaday majority.
Located in faraway Brussels, EU officials make decisions that harm British working stiffs who never heard of the decision-makers and have no power to replace them or to alter the decisions. That is how and why the Brexit rejection of European government happened—it was a democratic shout of anger at the steady usurpation of the people's sovereignty and well-being, fostered by architects of corporate plutocracy.
Of course, the obtuse, self-absorbed Tony Blairs of our world still don't get it. Blair concluded his op-ed by pleading with establishment centrists to regain political control from the people and "find solutions that rise above populist anger." Exactly wrong, sir. The obvious solution is to understand and work with the angry populace, rather than stoking their anger with more "solutions" from above.
Yes, some voters are outright bigots; others sometimes get bamboozled into looking down and blaming their problems on people even more desperate than they are. But most voters today—in Britain, the U.S. and elsewhere—are finding the light of true, progressive populism, turning their eyes upward to see and rebel against the elite manipulators who've long been rigging the system against poor and middle-class families.

So do more reading and research if you don't believe me. The EU functions just like the Oligarchs here in America. They are stealing the people's ability to have a say in their own lives for their own country. They are pumping in immigrants willing to work for low wages there by destroying good living wages. They are making it impossible for ordinary citizens to grow their wealth and they are thriving on debt. Whether in America or Europe the wealthy and corporations are controlling everything to the detriment of regular people. Do you think this is coincidence that this is happening or are these world summits they have where no journalists are allowed the place where they decided how the world will be run and who will benefit?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Absurd Alhazred posted:

VOTE TRUMP 2016

Can't they all just loving die.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
I'm pretty sure UK Parliament does a good enough job loving over their working class, without needing help from the EU.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
I can still never get over "King" Barack when many more people have tried to present themselves as literal kings or rulers of their people.

Then again, these same people support Putin who is the 'King' they so loathe

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Reading the comments on any video that talks about Brexit, or Feminism, or anything socially progressive has made me really depressed for humanity. :smith:

I can't imagine being able to talk about something as a decent human being without being drowned by a tidal wave of bigotry. That these people go out of their way to search for targets to call "faggots" or whatever.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Ularg posted:

Reading the comments on any video that talks about Brexit, or Feminism, or anything socially progressive has made me really depressed for humanity. :smith:

I can't imagine being able to talk about something as a decent human being without being drowned by a tidal wave of bigotry. That these people go out of their way to search for targets to call "faggots" or whatever.

???????????????
I can't tell if this is real or not. Have you ever read comments on a viral cat video before?

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Postal Parcel posted:

???????????????
I can't tell if this is real or not. Have you ever read comments on a viral cat video before?

uh yes he has, that's why he said he is depressed? or are YOU doing a troll thing you...

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Postal Parcel posted:

???????????????

I have. And maybe it's part me getting older and not wanting part in all the negativity, but I don't really remember a point in my life screaming racial slurs on xbox live. But it also seems like there was this huge explosion in just, acceptable hate speech and harassment that came out around the same time as *whisper*gamergate.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

The Real Foogla posted:

uh yes he has, that's why he said he is depressed? or are YOU doing a troll thing you...

S/he specifically mentioned Brexit/Feminism/Socially Progressive videos

Ularg posted:

I have. And maybe it's part me getting older and not wanting part in all the negativity, but I don't really remember a point in my life screaming racial slurs on xbox live. But it also seems like there was this huge explosion in just, acceptable hate speech and harassment that came out around the same time as *whisper*gamergate.

I probably worded that more antagonistically than I should have. It's just that, if there's something that should really harm your faith in humanity, it would be people saying extremely vile things at pure fluff videos. All political things will come with the risk of people making vile comments, whether in print or talk radio or online commentary. When that same thing extends to cute, fluffy, fun videos(my "favorite" is when there is just a random black guy in a cute video and a tidal wave of hate is unleashed), it's frightening.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
What bothers me is the wave of hate that is aimed towards anything even remotely related. Yea I should expect a video about brexit to have pretty aggressive comments about Brexit leavers/remainers. But I'll watch a video that will passingly mention a game like Mirror's Edge Catalyst only to get comments about "feminazis ruining everything". All it takes is just to have a video with a woman in it or talking about women and you just scroll down and see a 50% dislike ratio, and the comments are only worse. Because you can't just ignore them and have a regular conversation. You get invaded and flooded out with homophobic or sexist slurs because apparently internet comments are their "territory".

This is especially true with specific youtube channels. Like that gggmanlives guy I linked to earlier. He's mentioned his pretty poor opinions about feminism in gaming and that just made his entire channel this nest of negativity and bigotry. Luckily it looks like I've finally stopped getting comment replies from them.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Ularg posted:

What bothers me is the wave of hate that is aimed towards anything even remotely related. Yea I should expect a video about brexit to have pretty aggressive comments about Brexit leavers/remainers. But I'll watch a video that will passingly mention a game like Mirror's Edge Catalyst only to get comments about "feminazis ruining everything". All it takes is just to have a video with a woman in it or talking about women and you just scroll down and see a 50% dislike ratio, and the comments are only worse. Because you can't just ignore them and have a regular conversation. You get invaded and flooded out with homophobic or sexist slurs because apparently internet comments are their "territory".

Tell me about it. I was watching a video the other day where two women were talking about something video game related, and holy crap there were a lot of those sort of comments. They weren't even pushing a viewpoint or anything, just talking about stuff, but apparently a lot of idiots thought they were trying to overdose people on X chromosomes or something.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

TheKennedys posted:

At least she has a good catte. :3:

No gently caress that cat, she is a horrible oval office who wants nothing to do with anyone unless they're feeding her fat rear end.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Absurd Alhazred posted:

[*]Don't worry STEPHEN, when TRUMP wins the ELECTION this NOVEMBER, the world will be a better place, America will be a SAFER place, and you can STILL MAKE FUN OF TRUMP without having to fear CENSORSHIP like OBAMA's REGIME does, or being accused of HATE SPEECH...cuz this is FUCKIN' AMERICA!!!

This could not be more Opposite of Reality. Trump really wants to sue the people making fun of his tiny hands.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
It is both hilarious and frightening to see how deluded these people are when looking at who Trump is.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
See, but Trump isn't black.

I like to think that all of it as just idiots doubling down because the world is moving on without them and they just can't understand that. Trump, Brexit, etc. -- last ditch efforts by dummies to try and prove that they're "right" because they care more about that than the situations around them going to the shitter. They want to cause as much damage as possible before they become completely irrelevant.

Electric Lady has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Jul 1, 2016

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

china bot posted:

:laffo: Jesse Carpenter II is a legit maniac

That dude needs reported to the authorities like yesterday

The gently caress are you doing saying "he's too dangerous to be left alive" online about anyone, let alone the president :stare:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

After we fired a really awful employee two years ago, we went through her company email. There was a ton of incriminating poo poo (like secretly working for competitors on our dime and feeding fired people information, or stealing other employees' time sheets), but also the revelation that she was "working" on Tastefully Simple stuff at work.

Queen-Of-Hearts
Mar 17, 2009

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

Look at that classy rear end catte.
The look on it's face says: "Don't spend money on this garbage. Spend it on catnip. And give it all to me."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

That dude needs reported to the authorities like yesterday

The gently caress are you doing saying "he's too dangerous to be left alive" online about anyone, let alone the president :stare:

Authorities probably already know to be honest. I think most of us remember "The LF Four"