Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Jerry Cotton posted:

But enough about goon oral sex.

:froggonk: Now I hate it even more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

I just figured out that this isn't even one of the food threads and the jackass that started all this was either too loving dumb to read the thread title or was outright trolling you all.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

All pyf threads are the same.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Roro posted:

:froggonk: Now I hate it even more!

Goons are are nice and probably taste good :shobon:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

My Q-Face posted:

There is a puff of a powdery substance that jets out when you disturb a Yellow Jacket nest. This will cling to your skin, your clothes and so on. Even if you run, this will leave a trail in the air that the hornets can follow and they will follow it for hundreds of yards and sting the ever living gently caress out of you. I know this first hand, and I never even saw the nest beforehand.

Free Cheese posted:

Bees and wasps do release alarm pheromones when they are threatened or die that attracts other members of the nest, and honey bee stingers release the same pheromones after they detach from the bee. That's why beekeepers use smoke when they inspect hives, it masks those pheromones and helps to keep the bees unaware of your presence

I always thought the smoke made the bees dizzy or sleepy or something....

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

RabbitWizard posted:

I always thought the smoke made the bees dizzy or sleepy or something....

I've always heard that when there's a lot of smoke in the air bees behave as if their hive is on fire, which is to say not paying much attention to the giant coming to steal their honey combs.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I constantly mix up Tex Williams and Tex Avery despite not needing to think about them in my day-to-day, like at all.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Ryoshi posted:

I just figured out that this isn't even one of the food threads

Oh hey, me too

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Oh hey, me too

If there were any terrible reports about derails you should share them in the shaming thread because that sticky doesn't get enough love.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I don't like report-shaming too often because we don't want to scare people off from using the report function as intended. However we do get plenty of really goofy reports.

reported for "helldumping"
reported for "unmarked NWS"
reported for being a "shitlord pubbie posting in the wrong thread"

I didn't crop LoB's name because it's LoB. He gets reported a lot :allears:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I didn't crop LoB's name because it's LoB. He gets reported a lot :allears:

The speed at which I went from hating his posts to loving them is slightly reminiscent of stockholm syndrome and I hope he never goes away. He is the poster we deserve.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

The other day I just realized that the snack food Snapea Crisps- made of dried peas or some poo poo with spices, is not pronounced "snap-ee-uh crisps." It's SNAP PEA crisps. Ya know, because they contain snap peas. :doh:

I've never bought any; I just see them in passing at the market, but my brain never parsed the name correctly.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Ten years on after first watching it and I've realised Brass Eye is a pun on Bra Size.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNmBAUyy7Go

Beezle
Oct 19, 2008

Happy Steve Perry Day!

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Ten years on after first watching it and I've realised Brass Eye is a pun on Bra Size.

Nooo... Brass eye is a slang term for arsehole

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

Ryoshi posted:

I just figured out that this isn't even one of the food threads and the jackass that started all this was either too loving dumb to read the thread title or was outright trolling you all.

Lol I assumed I was posting in the unpopular opinion thread when I responded

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

The other day I just realized that the snack food Snapea Crisps- made of dried peas or some poo poo with spices, is not pronounced "snap-ee-uh crisps." It's SNAP PEA crisps. Ya know, because they contain snap peas. :doh:

I've never bought any; I just see them in passing at the market, but my brain never parsed the name correctly.

it also sounds like Snappy Crisps

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Alaois posted:

it also sounds like Snappy Crisps

:aaa:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
LeBron wearing an Ultimate Warrior t-shirt was funny because he beat the Warriors, not just because wearing a wrestling shirt is funny by itself.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Henchman of Santa posted:

LeBron wearing an Ultimate Warrior t-shirt was funny because he beat the Warriors, not just because wearing a wrestling shirt is funny by itself.

Come out to plaaaaay

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Is this post some sort of tribute to Brass Eye? An absurd "factoid" to mock the reader, or rather to mock the readers of factoids who take them at face value.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Not only is Bon Iver pronounced bon eevair, Bon Iver isn't even a dude's name, it's a whole bunch of people.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ben Folds Five is a band of three people, Five for Fighting is one guy, and Maroon 5 at this point is just Adam Levine I'm assuming?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Wait until you find out the truth about the Thompson Twins.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Next you'll tell me that The lovely Beatles is just a clever name.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Orange Mage posted:

Ben Folds Five is a band of three people, Five for Fighting is one guy, and Maroon 5 at this point is just Adam Levine I'm assuming?

I read somewhere that Ben Folds Five named themselves that so more food would get put out backstage for them. Probably bullshit, but it does sound better than Ben Folds Three.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
I only just realized that this enemy in Earthbound:

Is not called the Trick or Treat kid. It's called the Trick or Trick kid. :doh:

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Butt Ox posted:

I only just realized that this enemy in Earthbound:

Is not called the Trick or Treat kid. It's called the Trick or Trick kid. :doh:

and :negative: is from Mother 3

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPaLaKygHBo

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

stubblyhead posted:

Not only is Bon Iver pronounced bon eevair, Bon Iver isn't even a dude's name, it's a whole bunch of people.

Nah it's basically one guy. It's not as weird as all of the one man black metal bands out there who have a band name AND a stage name.

PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.
When people talked about Bon Iver, I was convinced the dude's name was Bonnie Bear for the longest time. It's a better musician's name, anyway.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

The Orange Mage posted:

Five for Fighting is my favorite "band" named after a hockey penalty. :allears:

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON
I just learned that Babar, that children's book series/show about elephants that try to be human, is actually French. I just assumed it was somehow related to India for some reason.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Kumaton posted:

I just learned that Babar, that children's book series/show about elephants that try to be human, is actually French. I just assumed it was somehow related to India for some reason.

It's based on the French colonies in Africa but considering India also has elephants and rhinos and was subject to western colonization, the mistake is understandable.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Christo posted:

considering India also has ... rhinos

Well today I learned something.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
It explains the imperialist themes

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I was reading Aku Ankka on the bog (as one does) and there was a Moby Duck story in it and it struck me that Moby (the musician, not the duck) is the only person in the world who can use "do you like Herman Melville?" as a bad pick-up line.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

He wouldn't give people his dick! It's not vegan!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

TheKennedys posted:

Five for Fighting is my favorite "band" named after a hockey penalty. :allears:

Huh, I never knew this. Neat.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
Last night I discovered that Julie Bowen and Ali Larter aren't the same person. When I first saw Bowen on Boston Legal I thought "oh, it's Niki from Heroes!" and never thought about it again. I only found out my mistake because I was going through Bowen's IMDB page to find out what else she'd been in and was surprised that Heroes wasn't listed.

fuckin breeders man
Mar 21, 2007
I finally started watching Sopranos. I heard references to "gabba gool" but had no idea what it meant. Three seasons in, I found out they're talking about capicola.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I learned this past weekend that all of Sublime's famous songs come from one album, and it was released after the lead singer Bradley Nowell died of an overdose. I knew their lead singer had died in the mid 90s but I had no idea the band wasn't even famous yet when he died.