Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump just got the biggest endorsements...Hercules and Jesus

https://twitter.com/loudobbs/status/748346937322143744

how many points is this on nate's endorsement tracker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

DrPlump posted:

Wow I never thought they would resort to the "too dumb to email" argument but here we are.

Bear in mind her opponent gets google results printed out to peruse over breakfast

I'm just saying, old people are bad at computers.

Technogeek
Sep 9, 2002

by FactsAreUseless

DrPlump posted:

Wow I never thought they would resort to the "too dumb to email" argument but here we are.

Judging from the contents of some of those emails, though, it's an entirely plausible defense.

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_NovWeb/277/DOC_0C05792517/C05792517.pdf

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Wasn't there a quote a couple pages ago about how Trump had only one guy in Colorado? Guess it's gonna be zero soon.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Mirthless posted:

People were saying things like "texas is turning blue" for a reason, though

The GOP had been deliberately alienating themselves from minority voters for decades. We knew that their hispanic voter base was shrinking just as the hispanic population of states like Arizona and Texas were rising. GOP politics have put them in a dangerous position, demographically speaking, in that they only have enough support now to be regionally viable. It's going to be interesting to see how history looks back on this period of American politics and the strategic direction the republican party took that got them here (and whether or not they survive long enough to switch tracks)

The Republicans don't have to field a nationally viable presidential candidate to get what they want. They can just continue funneling money into congressional elections, where they are very successful, and stall for time until the pendulum eventually swings back their way. I think what we're seeing is just the clear division of the GOP into two separate entities: One party that campaigns on issues at the state and local level, and one party that runs for president.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

baw posted:

her policy proposals are also p good

heck yeah they are!

heck no they aren't!

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Technogeek posted:

Judging from the contents of some of those emails, though, it's an entirely plausible defense.

https://foia.state.gov/searchapp/DOCUMENTS/HRCEmail_NovWeb/277/DOC_0C05792517/C05792517.pdf

Suddenly ISIS raise via the internet and social networking being ignored makes total sense.

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Not too late for a bigass motherfucking laser show. And I want Trump to roll out on stage on a Harley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxKRw1zxutM

THAT is what I'm talkin about!

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Technogeek posted:

Graaaaaaandmaa! :rolleyes:

Hillary Clinton's secret facebook posts revealed:

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Squizzle posted:

Christie knows how to conduct himself in an interview or debate. Newt just fuckin' doesn't.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO-NA73FsW8

DrPlump
Oct 5, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Bryter posted:

heck yeah they are!

heck no they aren't!

Hey man the app "Bro's with friends" that allows you to send the word bro to your friends is a national treasure. Its creators deserve to have their student loans paid. Unlike those gender studies losers. Got STEM?

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Bryter posted:

heck yeah they are!

heck no they aren't!

her policy proposals are generally p good

Distant Chicken
Aug 15, 2007

They can't even get a pyro setup going. What a low energy convention.

edit: Trump's nomination acceptance speech shoulda started like this

Distant Chicken fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Jul 1, 2016

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Good old schizophrenic Gravis.

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/748899566322327552
Also:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/748899888214208512

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Well, at least Trump has the foresight to not pull a Great White on the convention.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Bryter posted:

heck yeah they are!

heck no they aren't!

Hmmm. Of the dozens of programs she's proposing, you can find one that's kind of dumb. That's actually a pretty good ratio.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

FL poll is Gravis/OANN so we can figure there is a R lean to those results. 4 points down on a favorable poll is not great for Trump.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Mirthless posted:

FL poll is Gravis/OANN so we can figure there is a R lean to those results. 4 points down on a favorable poll is not great for Trump.

It's schizophrenic because of the head-to-head / third party split:

Clinton 52
Trump 48

or

Trump 49
Clinton 45
Other 6

????

e: have some more:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/748902061958365184
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/748902945899606016

Slate Action fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Jul 1, 2016

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot
after solving poverty and diseases and the environment with the existing government programs it was decided that just a few more programs were needed, since the others were so successful

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I honestly thought Florida would be looking much better for Trump, all those cranky retirees from the northeast and evangelicals in the panhandle seem custom made for him.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost

Slate Action posted:

It's schizophrenic because of the head-to-head / third party split:

Clinton 52
Trump 48

or

Trump 49
Clinton 45
Other 6

????

e: have some more:

https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/748902061958365184
https://twitter.com/PpollingNumbers/status/748902945899606016

:confused:

what the gently caress is going on with those numbers? 100% of the "Other" voters break from Clinton? And Trump somehow gains support? I know Trump has his supporters but it's not like Gary Johnson hasn't been consistently polling between 5 and 10% loving everywhere and we know where his voters are mostly coming from

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Seiken Hiro posted:

Well, at least Trump has the foresight to not pull a Great White on the convention.

Why not? He's already burning the party down.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Mirthless posted:

what the gently caress is going on with those numbers? 100% of the "Other" voters break from Clinton? And Trump somehow gains support? I know Trump has his supporters but it's not like Gary Johnson hasn't been consistently polling between 5 and 10% loving everywhere and we know where his voters are mostly coming from

don't think too hard about it.

Toss it on the pile and move on. Worry about crosstabs with pollsters that have excellent methodologies.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

The Trump campaign just owns so hard.

Trump running this campaign is me when I was five godzilla-ing through my Lego playset.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Hmmm. Of the dozens of programs she's proposing, you can find one that's kind of dumb. That's actually a pretty good ratio.

its really fuckin dumb tho

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Mirthless posted:

Keep in mind the margin of error in most polls is around 3-4%, so most of these differences are probably just statistical noise and don't actually mean anything. Follow the trends over time, which cancels some of the noise.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

We should probably throw start up flounders into the ocean

Quidam Viator
Jan 24, 2001

ask me about how voting Donald Trump was worth 400k and counting dead.

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Almost every Florida poll has shown Clinton up double digits. There was another one today. Is there an explanation for this? Certain demos swinging hard to Clinton? Florida is typically the swingiest of the swing states (also there are lots of swingers in Florida).

Pissiness. Florida, from having lived here too long, is just the wrong state for The Donald. You have this huge Baptist Church demographic in North Florida that are basically single-issue abortion/godliness voters, and they're pissy about having a non-religious nominee that can't even pander to them. Then you have all the loving oldsters, and they are not turning out for Trump either, because they also have a lot of overlap.

When I was door-knocking, etc. for Obama in 2008, I got at least a local sense for the weird demographics of Florida, and my lukewarm take on this is that the minority vote turnout in Florida has not shrunk as much as it would have to to go back to Bush-era Florida red-state votes. You've got a lot of black and hispanic voters already registered, voted for Obama twice, and who hate the poo poo out of Trump, and actually WILL show up at the polls to vote against Agent Orange.

If you want to swing Florida red, you have to pull out a hypothetical GOP candidate who talks like George Bush, has evangelical appeal, an actual military record, and the ability to play the con-artist "compassionate conservatism" game. Plus you need a real Bernie Sanders-esque Democratic candidate that can't pin down the minority vote. Abuela has none of these problems, literally riding one coat-tail each off of Obama and her husband, the two favorite minority-vote presidents of recent memory.

Right now, Florida is NOT a swing state, in my opinion. My Catholic, Straight-R since the 1960s mother is just sitting in dumbfounded horror. The oldsters and bible beaters are NOT motivated to knock doors and GOTV for a crazed conman that resembles the dude who ripped them off on their lovely, swamp-rear end real estate.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

exquisite tea posted:

I honestly thought Florida would be looking much better for Trump, all those cranky retirees from the northeast and evangelicals in the panhandle seem custom made for him.

they keep dying

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

evilweasel posted:

they keep dying

this wouldn't happen on trump's watch

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Deteriorata posted:

it's literally the most recent policy proposal I've seen her come out with.

and... "kinda"?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Zelder posted:

But flounders are already in the ocean?!?!@?!

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

quote:

The campaign also had discussed the idea of having fireworks inside the arena, but that proved unworkable.

Did this analysis factor in the benefit to society from the inevitable conclusion of Trump shooting off fireworks indoors?

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

Shageletic posted:

But flounders are already in the ocean?!?!@?!

"Gotta save some soles" --jesus, probably

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Trump just got the biggest endorsements...Hercules and Jesus

https://twitter.com/loudobbs/status/748346937322143744

Hercules: "Day-Hok had the right ideas all along."

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zelder posted:

duhhh sharing economy and distributed labor networks derp durp im worth like five million dollars
                                            \

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

This is not related to this thread at all but someone posted in regards to that tiny hands Superpac news conference, and somehow the convo turned into Korean food in NYC. Please tell me what that restuarant was because I need the dets for hunger related reasons.

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

what about elephants? are we bringing them back? i heard the circuses have taken the elephants out. terrible! it's so sad folks, so sad. whaddaya gonna do. well, i'll bring the elephants back folks, i can tell you that

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Wikkheiser posted:

It depends on what your definition of "best" is haw haw.

Hillary remains very popular among Democratic Party loyalists and old ladies who still have pictures of Jack Kennedy in their homes. There's a lot of them. And she would have defeated Obama in 2008 had Florida not disqualified itself. (She also won the popular vote.) Remember that Obama was described then as an unusually talented, freak-of-nature candidate with historic dimensions.

Purely as a candidate she's not that bad.

i think being literally incapable of having like a press conference is a pretty glaring flaw in a candidate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Sorry if it's been posted, but I love the NY Daily News and their headlines:

• Locked thread