Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Answer:
No OP this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Take me down to the mangaka's house
where the Stands are great and the boys aren't lovely

Baal posted:

Glad I finished ZTD in time for new JoJO
I'm only six hours in, how was that game?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's really good, but with one legitimately bad twist

e: I got over it fine because there are parts of that game that are high points for the whole series, but the ending is a bit of a let down, don't let that stop you from enjoying it though

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The ending sucks and I really don't care for where the game heads after a certain point, but yeah I didn't let that stop me from enjoying most of it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The ED is unchanged, other than the footage a little

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Alright, cool, I'm enjoying it so far. I've stopped trying to guess what's going on so I'll probably be okay with the end result and am just enjoying hanging out with mean ol greasy boy Junpei and my friends Sigma and Phi, the best power duo in video games.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Jul 1, 2016

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Baal posted:

Glad I finished ZTD in time for new JoJO

this... i wouldn't want to have to choose

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
In JoJo, as in all things, I've gotta go with team D

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I would always go with the D in any scenario

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
The music this week is on point

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I had totally forgotten why Joseph and Jotaro stayed in Morioh even after defeating Red Hot Chili Pepper and thought it was just a huge plot hole, but I guess this week and last week answered that.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Holy poo poo Rohan

I assume he is also a vehicle for Araki to talk about manga and stuff like that, right?

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Pyroi posted:

Holy poo poo Rohan

I assume he is also a vehicle for Araki to talk about manga and stuff like that, right?

Araki isn't much like Rohan, he's very friendly and pretty down to earth in interviews, but I'm sure that speech about 'reality' is straight from the author.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Ah yes, Rohan licks the gently caress out of that spider

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
We finally got the name of Yukako's Stand.

And here's one of the most grossly overpowered and terrifying Stands, Heaven's Door.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Yeah, Araki Said that people have taken the character of Rohan as a lot of himself and have become like, afraid to speak to him, but there's still some of him using Rohan as a mouthpiece of course.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jul 1, 2016

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Not to mention the fact that Rohan literally read JJBA in this episode and thought it was a masterpiece and decided to use it as inspiration to write his own manga and...

Rohan wrote Diesel. :stare:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The cover of Araki's "How to draw Manga" book from either last year or the one before.

The OVA for getting all of the Blu-Rays is the Millionaire's Village episode of Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe. I would not recommend reading any of the Rohan manga chapters until Diamond is Unbreakable has finished though.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

hoobajoo posted:

Araki isn't much like Rohan, he's very friendly and pretty down to earth in interviews, but I'm sure that speech about 'reality' is straight from the author.

Rohan is the most transparent author insert in the history of fiction, yeah. To the point where Araki has to assure people he's not actually an rear end in a top hat when he meets them in person.

Though if you read the author's notes, you know that Araki is a pure and precious flower.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The cover of Araki's "How to draw Manga" book from either last year or the one before.

The OVA for getting all of the Blu-Rays is the Millionaire's Village episode of Thus Spoke Rohan Kishibe. I would not recommend reading any of the Rohan manga chapters until Diamond is Unbreakable has finished though.

I want the mangaka to kiss

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Begemot posted:

Rohan is the most transparent author insert in the history of fiction, yeah. To the point where Araki has to assure people he's not actually an rear end in a top hat when he meets them in person.

Though if you read the author's notes, you know that Araki is a pure and precious flower.

Even divorced from my love of JoJo and Araki, I really like this author note and there are some drat good ones.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

araki really likes the character of rohan and he's fairly popular in japan for sure

this was also a good episode and next week having the new OP + the conclusion to this encounter is gonna be great

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

"Heads up to all the young people out there. Stop climbing trees as soon as you read this. However, ignoring my friendly wisdom is even more dangerous. Policemen are already looking for you. Especially throughout the Tokyo city center. I know, I know, climbing trees is just too drat cool to give up. But, consider the following: The moment you relinquish your tree-climbing desires is the moment you avoid falling on your rear end and looking like a complete buffoon stuck in the hospital. Dislocating your pelvis, scraping your knees, or kicking the bucket can be just the beginning. Furthermore, your mental health comes in question the second your foot encounters bark. Now, a special message to any of you crazies reading this advice while hanging out on a tree branch, 'RETURN TO EARTH!' I understand you wish to defy gravity and the natural order of the entire planet, but climbing trees is the wrong way to do it. Hopefully, this message inspires every one of you to come to your senses and discover new found respect for your own well-being."

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
and there's the other drat good one.

bad seafood, please change one of the jojo thread titles to "climbing trees is just too drat cool to give up" and the other to "The moment you relinquish your tree-climbing desires is the moment you avoid falling on your rear end and looking like a complete buffoon stuck in the hospital. " thank you very much

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Rohan is pretty much the best. Also David did some really cool poo poo with music and transitions in this here episode.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Pyroi posted:

Holy poo poo Rohan

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Well that was some cheap-rear end animation. Rohan himself is very good but thankfully I'm not much of a fan of his intro arc anyway so whatever.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's a dude who worked on Eyes of Heaven, not Araki incase anyone actually thought otherwise.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

TenementFunster posted:

im watching the unabriged series because i obvously want this more than you
You can want it all you want but you'll never get Holy Diver any other way.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGpTvljAKBw&t=576s

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://p.fuwafuwa.moe/hqmvkf.webm

Charlie Bobson
Dec 28, 2013
rohan is so gorgeous

good episode

TriffTshngo
Mar 28, 2010

Don't get it twisted who your enemies are.
god that hard cut to black as Rohan's laughing maniacally and then the doofy "everyday life" music as they walk home is perfection

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Rohan Kishibowns. I love for much body horror ends up in Pt4 with stuff like Heaven's Door.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

hoobajoo posted:

I think the thing about fax machines, not having to live in Tokyo and the like is something Araki has mentioned somewhere, maybe an interview or an author's note.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

RULES FOR THE THREAD
  • Read the manga.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Jul 1, 2016

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
I don't think it's healthy for a boy Koichi's size to lose so much weight, especially considering that he seems to be in fairly good shape.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
This episode was very good.

Part 4 is so loving good

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Pidgin posted:

(3:00:10 PM) Mezzo: So let's see, your "best character" is a self-admitted idiot, and your other "best character" is a sadist who tortures people mentally and physically for the sake of art".
(3:00:29 PM) Hob: Yeah, they're pretty great, aren't they?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mezzo needs their taste fixing, it seems.

• Locked thread