Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Libertine posted:

It's kind of curious how popular Gnar has become in the last few weeks. Riot just buffed him on 6.13 because of how bad he was, and teams have been prioritizing him for the last two patches before that.
Gnar is a very EU pick, they've got their own weird priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

rabidsquid posted:

I know EU teams love to just import who the gently caress ever and assume it's going to work but it does not actually just work like that.

it kinda sucks that EU has gone this way. we used to not really import anyone, but now every team seems to think they can luck out like fnatic did. i'm bored of seeing poo poo imports like police and that mightybear guy start over eu players who are actually good

fair enough to import someone like Spirit but teams need to give it a rest with all these korean challenger / lspl players

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

it kinda sucks that EU has gone this way. we used to not really import anyone, but now every team seems to think they can luck out like fnatic did. i'm bored of seeing poo poo imports like police and that mightybear guy start over eu players who are actually good

fair enough to import someone like Spirit but teams need to give it a rest with all these korean challenger / lspl players

Yeah, Police is like the best example. The dude failed COMPLETELY in NA CS, why in the gently caress are you importing him into EU LCS?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Spirit/Gamsu are good but they're not even RO/Huni good (Not that I expect many people to strike gold like that) EU as a region just feels a lot weaker. G2 might have the best chance at World's this year but I don't see them making two teams to Quarterfinals this season. They'll be lucky to get a team out of Groups since China/NA/Korea and Flash Wolves all look a whole lot stronger this split than they did Summer 2015

If you're importing two random Koreans, PLEASE make sure they have good in-game synergy. All the successful teams with two koreans had pretty drat good synergy together and just assuming they're all plug and play is costing a lot of teams money and effort (Except Trick who has amazing synergy with an EU midlaner)

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Anything can happen at Worlds. Last Worlds proved that.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Ganking a fed Ryze is really stupid. Really walking anywhere near a Ryze that is even slightly ahead is crazy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If you're going to import a relatively unknown dude from solo queue, you need to have somebody who knows what they're doing. QG was a really great way to put together a cheap team with unknown and or unwanted talent, because they were heavily scouted and assembled together based on how the coach thought they complimented one another.

Then you have like, G2 just pulling Expect off that massive 2144 lineup and I find it super loving hard to believe they had the opportunity to really scout him or project that he fit into the lineup for any particular reason.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I think the only surprising thing would have been China dumping out and NA losing every game the second week after Cloud9 looked so good the first. I'm not surprised that FNatic and Origen did that well, the meta favored Origen and as per usual, a Korean team had to knock out another Korean team really early in brackets.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CODChimera posted:

The worlds where some small sample size stuff happened in groups and then the top two Korean teams loving destroyed everybody to finish out the tournament?

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
EU as a region always slacks off until during regular splits. i think they'll do alright. soaz will probably go super saiyan and get the corpse of origen to worlds somehow

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Lovechop posted:

EU as a region always slacks off until during regular splits. i think they'll do alright. soaz will probably go super saiyan and get the corpse of origen to worlds somehow
idk, any good team is going to recognize that SoaZ is really easy to tilt ala Dyrus and just camp him so he's irrelevant. Maybe he'll pull out some more top lane Vladimir or a broken-rear end Ryze so it won't matter if he gets behind, but I really don't think any strong-region'd team is going to fall for that kinda stuff.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I actually think reworked Ryze is going to be a jungler

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

idk, any good team is going to recognize that SoaZ is really easy to tilt ala Dyrus and just camp him so he's irrelevant. Maybe he'll pull out some more top lane Vladimir or a broken-rear end Ryze so it won't matter if he gets behind, but I really don't think any strong-region'd team is going to fall for that kinda stuff.

logically i agree with you but somehow he just always does it. it's one of those things that cannot be explained

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

rabidsquid posted:

I actually think reworked Ryze is going to be a jungler

yeah this was actually my first guess too, probably not for long but it'll be a funny couple of weeks

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

I think the only surprising thing would have been China dumping out and NA losing every game the second week after Cloud9 looked so good the first. I'm not surprised that FNatic and Origen did that well, the meta favored Origen and as per usual, a Korean team had to knock out another Korean team really early in brackets.

I wasn't surprised at FNC either but they did shock a lot of people. And that's quite a bit especially considering how much hype China had before it started.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

CODChimera posted:

I wasn't surprised at FNC either but they did shock a lot of people. And that's quite a bit especially considering how much hype China had before it started.
China was playing the blame game at World's but honestly they just chumped out as hard as Samsung Ozone did at World's. So fearful of having to try-hard in groups and revealing strategies they had saved for Semi-Finals and up that they just lost like total baffoons because they were unwilling to do their best at the time. There was also so much weird un-synergy with Chinese/Koreans at the time, but this season China's gotten their perfect combinations and look pretty good again. I don't see NA/EU sneaking all the way to Semi's this year off China's incompetence.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Do you guys actually care about worlds

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
I guess I might if it wasn't a month long for some reason.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Work Friend Keven posted:

not really cause we already know the outcome but i hope it's fun to watch at least

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

RealFoxy posted:

China was playing the blame game at World's

GodV: "Faker re-upholstered my pussy"

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yes I am ready for the world's only remaining undefeated team, the FLASH WOLVES to take World's this year

Real talk: It's going to be SKT or Tigers in the finals. Depending on how groups are drawn, possibly both.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

A month long series of best of ones where I have to listen to eu casters, leading to a SKT v SKT final, the whole thing on a patch nobody's ever played on before but which make drastic balance changes. Wowie.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

There will only be 1 or 2 good teams there so nah.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It also disrupts the best part of competitive league, the time between splits when good players actually have time to stream.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It also disrupts the best part of competitive league, the time between splits when good players actually have time to stream.
But friend, QTpie streams every day.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I think it's time we stop messing around and get real: qtpie was carried by kiwikid every game of his miserable LCS life.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

CODChimera posted:

There will only be 1 or 2 good teams there so nah.

only two good teams in the entire world, that's really wild stuff, caller

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
TSM / Immortals / G2 / Fnatic / EDG / RNG / SKT / ROX / Flash Wolves will probably all be at worlds and I can see all of them getting hot and going on a run. In the right environment any of those teams could beat the top contender I think. It's still extremely likely that a Korean team runs the table, but for the first time I don't feel like it's hopelessly impossible for the other regions.

I think TSM Summer 2016 is probably the best their roster has ever looked going into a Worlds.

Immortals is an excellent roster and much better than a typical also-ran NA team at Worlds.

G2 at their peak could beat anything I think, but their low is pretty low.

Fnatic always plays way way better at big tournaments, and somehow loses a bunch of middling games in region.

EDG looks improved and RNG looks better than last year's other Chinese teams.

SKT and ROX will be teams to beat obviously, but they have had plenty of games where they looked mortal.

Flash Wolves did really well last worlds and they don't look any less good now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Flash Wolves literally don't have any competition right now because the teams fighting for 2nd/3rd are still lots worse than what Flash Wolves are playing. That alone means that Flash Wolves might not perform as well simply because they've not had a team pushing them

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
play zed you piece of poo poo

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Jesus Christ, why does Krepo have to cast the G2 game.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

rabisdquid 2k13: you guys are going to loving hate krepo once he turns into a meme spouting narrative driven riot caster
thread: no!!! why would i hate krepp, he's so good, his friend snoopy will inform him, what a great hire.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Keven 2013: TSM is the best. I love the riot girl with pink hair

Keven 2016: TSM is the best. I love the riot girl with kind of teal hair.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

TSM had an all time great, Dyrus, and then they go out and replace him with Honker? Team doesn't miss a beat, I will agree with you there Keven. I don't know anything about your love life but good luck, pink to teal is kind of a big move.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

That's an.. interesting adaptation. Don't think I've seen a spontaneous lane swap at 4 minutes before.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
soaz has become darien except without the cool builds

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

soazes problem is that he isn't high enough

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
i miss when ppl used to do stuff like the darien builds. i think people eventually started getting in trouble with riot for them tho, i remember h2k getting fined for their tiamat morgana game

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Yeah there was a challenger team that got fined a bunch for wasting flashes to BM their own team mates when they died because it was "Unsportsmanship conduct"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

This game will never end

• Locked thread