Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Veotax posted:

I would definitely count the AA audio of Quinn's first meeting with the Joker as non-canon vs the on screen version seen in Arkham Origins.

Uh no, considering the AA audio is basically a call back to Mad love which is how Harely Quinn was born. AOs is the non canon buster. :colbert:

edit: Alot of things got mixed up so I don't think about the story of Arkham games too hard because otherwise it would make the head spin.

Shindragon fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Jun 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

So there's some kind of Arkham VR game coming out in October, apparently?

It's an hour long tech demo that's probably going to cost too much.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh. Meh.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I had to look this thread up on my browser's history bar. How are things going with the rest of the collectathon? I know its quite the undertaking.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
THE HATE CRIME DEFENDER HAS LOGGED ON

Tombot posted:

I had to look this thread up on my browser's history bar. How are things going with the rest of the collectathon? I know its quite the undertaking.

I'm sure another video will be up soon.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Hello! I'm not dead yet! Most of my busy-ness is done but now I'm running into slight burnout. But I'm still working at it. Bunnyofdoom joined me on this most recent video, it was cool and good.

Recognizance/Polsy

New stories: Resolutions, Dollotron, Faithful Servant, Homecoming, Frozen Out, Payback, Revenant, Scar Tissue

I could use some co-commentators, honestly. I don't know how many more videos I have left! I'm going to guess three. Send me a message if you're interested!

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
As mentioned in the video Death Strikes at midnight and three

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Is it just me, or is Bunnyofdoom incredibly quite? I can't understand him at all. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm having a hard time making him out, too. That being said

Riddler posted:

How would you like it if I started ordering Robin around, Batman?!

:allears:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Yeah, you can barely hear him

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008
yeah sorry about that guys. Not sure why my master ended being so quiet. I'll see if I can boost the volume on it and send it back to scruffy

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I thought the end of the Silver Age is marked with the Death of Gwen Stacy story.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Yeah the Australian Liberal Party are chaotically evil. We have an election this Saturday and it seems like BREXIT has shifted polls back into the Liberals favour but before all of this there was a massive, massive push to get people who haven't enrolled yet but can to enroll so there are now a fuckload more swing seats. I assume it's going to be an interesting Saturday.

To bring it back to Batman I am holding back to look up what will happen when you do all this side questy stuff but it's hard.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Seems like it's usually a problem I have with people's audio, it's quiet and nothing I can do seems to increase the volume. I think I amplified quite a bit just to get it where it is. Sounded good to me for the most part, I'll work on it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hey guys, don't worry, Flash had its highs and lows depending on whether or not Barry was trying to date someone. If yes, oh loving dammit. Now we have to play the 'Gotta keep this a secret forever, badly, game again.' If not, hooray! That means we get to have fun and catch metas again without it getting depressing!

And then season 2 decided we need to be a bad show instead. I had to find out where it was going to end up so I watched the entire drat thing. At least A.O.S just had a couple bad episodes and stayed decent in its third season.

chiefnewo
May 21, 2007

bunnyofdoom posted:

yeah sorry about that guys. Not sure why my master ended being so quiet. I'll see if I can boost the volume on it and send it back to scruffy

I suggest not recording underwater. :)

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer

chiefnewo posted:

Counterpoint: Dethklok recorded a song underwater once.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Uh, a whole album, thank you very much. And a Toki solo track. :colbert:

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
It was the entire album? I really need to brush up on my Metalocalypse.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

chiefnewo posted:

The problem is then I'm not watching Orm to make sure he doesn't try anything

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
He's just trying to usurp the throne of Atlantis, again.

#comicsjoke

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Turns out I missed one of the stories I scanned last video. Oops!

Guardian Angel 1 2 3

I recorded more Bat-things tonight and finished off the main story and it's looking like there will be three more videos. I also got three volunteers for commentating, so perfect!

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Alexeythegreat posted:

It was the entire album? I really need to brush up on my Metalocalypse.

Yeah, the Underwater Album. Episode 2. Murmaider, Electric Eelchair, Scuba Tanks Filled with Farts? None of this ringing a bell? :p

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

Grimey Drawer
They all do, I just didn't remember how much stuff was recorded underwater in the Metalocalypse canon :v:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Spudd posted:

there are now a fuckload more swing seats.

Coincidentally, one of them is Batman.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Tiggum posted:

Thank you for this.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Tiggum posted:

Wow, that is actually a real thing. Way to go Australia

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
John Batman might be the worst nom de plume.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

John Batman has to be the coolest name ever. :allears:

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
If someone asked him, "Hey Batass, what's your name?" and he hadn't thought of an answer, Bruce might have given his name is "Uh, John... Bat... Man?"

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

"I've been telling people I was Batman this whole time and nobody believed me."

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Since we're discussing how the Arkham series is a story of Batman and Joker's relationship, I found a pretty good Joker story by Paul Dini.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27hhPbYKNfo

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I ran out of images I wanted to use for heads because the next two videos...well, I need it for those.

Bargaining/Polsy

New stories: The Fall, A Close Shot With Deadshot

Today's video features Shibbotech who, as I learned, doesn't know much about Batman or the Arkham series. So enjoy me ad-libbing the basic storyline beats of the last three games!

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Batman #671 - The Resurrection of of Ra's al Ghul, part 4/7.

So, yes it does exist! Pre Nu52 and the total reset on the numbering scheme.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Listening to you describe the plot to the games has made me realize that the Arkham series has an incredibly stupid plot and I just never thought about it.

shibbotech
Aug 21, 2014

I'm Doctor Shibbo, and this is Jackass.
Nap Ghost

Grapplejack posted:

Listening to you describe the plot to the games has made me realize that the Arkham series has an incredibly stupid plot and I just never thought about it.

I'm pretty glad I'm not the only one that thought this. Sure I'm a novice to the whole Batman-thing, but I thought this was a little batshit. Also, "Jokerjacked" has entered my vocabulary and probably won't be leaving anytime soon.

Thanks again for having me Scruffy, it was a blast.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grapplejack posted:

It's the story of Joker deciding to use a magic memory erasing steroid formula to give himself an army of hulkish men that he uses on himself, accidentally giving himself super cancer that kills him, but it's okay because he's actually taking over Batman's body via his bloodstream.

It really is pretty stupid when you stop and think about.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I'm sure this got brought up at some point but when doing a predator room in this game, how many take downs does the game actually recognize as variations. I picked this up on the steam sale and I noticed that when it is scoring you, it doesn't take grate take downs or corner take downs as different take downs because I guess they both lead into a silent take down?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
This video shows pmuch what a tiger team is in terms of IT, and also why you need to remember to lock your loving doors :v:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL9q2lOZ1Fw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
Almost there. Today's special guest is LP Moderator Superstar Fedule!

Denial/Polsy

New stories: Office Romance

• Locked thread