Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
That's already been posted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Check the thread, Doakes posted the same pic like 5 posts above yours, cmon.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

No, Dee looks better in this one

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

boom boom boom posted:

That's already been posted

Serperoth posted:

Check the thread, Doakes posted the same pic like 5 posts above yours, cmon.

Shut up birds.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

ChesterJT posted:

Shut up birds.

That's a good one.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I've been thinking about drinking some paint lately. Charlie seems like a cool guy and he does it all the time. Maybe I should drink some paint too.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

The Gang Cracks The Liberty Bell is so loving good.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Sammus posted:

I wonder who they got to draw that.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

I demand to be satisfied!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O24mrBRit0

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Sammus posted:

This appears to be a drawing of you sodomizing the king whilst the queen is forced to watch.

Noooo Nayeth!

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Brawnfire posted:

No, Dee looks better in this one

I can't tell the difference :confused:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I've been rewatching all of Sunny again and the change of tone between season 1 and 2 is amazing. 1 is a lot more meanspirited to me. They also keep ramping everybody up every season, it doesn't just start midway through like I thought. On the one hand, they should probably dial things back a bit (though I think Charlie's illiteracy getting worse and worse as he huffs more and more glue is hilarious), but on the other hand I don't know how long it would have lasted if they didn't keep doing that and some of the best episodes were when they just went to town.

Sunny's pretty great guys.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

RBA Starblade posted:

I've been rewatching all of Sunny again and the change of tone between season 1 and 2 is amazing. 1 is a lot more meanspirited to me. They also keep ramping everybody up every season, it doesn't just start midway through like I thought. On the one hand, they should probably dial things back a bit (though I think Charlie's illiteracy getting worse and worse as he huffs more and more glue is hilarious), but on the other hand I don't know how long it would have lasted if they didn't keep doing that and some of the best episodes were when they just went to town.

Sunny's pretty great guys.

They had Dennis get raped in the first episode

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

bobkatt013 posted:

They had Dennis get raped in the first episode

And he's never forgiven them for it.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
I definitely thought that whole scene was a prank (as in, those two guys were just told by Dee to pretend they hosed Dennis) the first time I watched it.

I forgot about it until my first rewatch, now accustomed to the horrible world of Always Sunny. And I realized that, yes, Dennis was raped in the first episode.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
The first season to me is like 3-4 different versions of Sunny the gang were experimenting with before they stuck with the eventual style and tone (That is the tone of Charlie Was Molested and Charlie Has Cancer, basically). The other episodes just have so much different stuff, like Dee being a better person than the rest of the gang and the gang actually coming up with plans and following through on them. The first season also has Dennis nearly blowing Charlie's head off with a pistol, it's weird.

I still like it but whenever I just want to watch some sunny episode to get a few laughs I rarely pick a season one episode.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

emanresu tnuocca posted:

The first season to me is like 3-4 different versions of Sunny the gang were experimenting with before they stuck with the eventual style and tone (That is the tone of Charlie Was Molested and Charlie Has Cancer, basically). The other episodes just have so much different stuff, like Dee being a better person than the rest of the gang and the gang actually coming up with plans and following through on them. The first season also has Dennis nearly blowing Charlie's head off with a pistol, it's weird.

I still like it but whenever I just want to watch some sunny episode to get a few laughs I rarely pick a season one episode.

I've been random watching a few episodes lately, and haven't picked a season 1 one. Although in my case I'm considering Frank too who really adds a lot to the whole thing.

Season 1 does hit the ground running though, establishing a lot in just the first episode, with the gang being terrible people, Charlie and the Waitress, and their insecurities (the underage drinking episode for example)

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Serperoth posted:

Season 1 does hit the ground running though, establishing a lot in just the first episode, with the gang being terrible people, Charlie and the Waitress, and their insecurities (the underage drinking episode for example)

That's Tammy, Trey's ex-girlfriend. This is classic Tammy. Trey broke up with Tammy because Maureen Kanallen said that she saw Tammy flirting with Walt Timny at a party, but she was only doing it to make Trey jealous because you know, she thought that Trey secretly liked Erin Henebry, but he doesn't like Erin Henebry, it was all a bunch of bull.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

They also used to just openly smoke cigarettes in scenes. The network probably made them cut that out.

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Are you saying it's ok to show them smoking crack but not cigarettes? In fact, I'm having trouble thinking of a drug that they haven't done yet. Maybe LSD?

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

FabioClone posted:

Are you saying it's ok to show them smoking crack but not cigarettes? In fact, I'm having trouble thinking of a drug that they haven't done yet. Maybe LSD?

How could you possibly forget The Gang Gets Invincible?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

FabioClone posted:

Doesn't Frank drop a bunch of LSD in The Gang Gets Invincible?

Although I'm totally down with smoking cigarettes still not being cool on TV. It doesn't really compromise anything artistically, and we've come so far in making smoking dangerously uncool in North America that it might finally disappear soon.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

PittTheElder posted:

it might finally disappear soon.

Hahaha good one

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

FadingChord posted:

That's Tammy, Trey's ex-girlfriend. This is classic Tammy. Trey broke up with Tammy because Maureen Kanallen said that she saw Tammy flirting with Walt Timny at a party, but she was only doing it to make Trey jealous because you know, she thought that Trey secretly liked Erin Henebry, but he doesn't like Erin Henebry, it was all a bunch of bull.

This is classic FadingChord.

The underage drinking one is the only season 1 ep that remains on my regular rotation.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

FabioClone posted:

I think it's because the drugs are usually used for a joke, whereas the cigarettes are just... there.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mojo1701a posted:

I think it's because the drugs are usually used for a joke, whereas the cigarettes are just... there.

INTERVENTION INTERVENTION WOOO WOOO WOOO

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dol3TBAhddg

No restrictions!

Electromax
May 6, 2007
Yeah, okay, listen before we get into that, can you help us pop a quick intervention on Charlie for his illiteracy?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
Sister just saw them shooting a Mac and Charlie scene at 10th and Market.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015
I just walked by some movie trailers in the Gayborhood, I think they're shooting something there.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Yeah. Talked to a cop half an hour ago when I was passing by. They were filming in Center City.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Dee you gangly uncoordinated bitch, I will not get hog tied over your lack of
grace

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqssfzVyrw

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

I actually remember that commercial! (Don't think I ever saw the one with the lawyer in it when it was running)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Would it have been funnier if they never once mentioned fat mac at all

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

drunken officeparty posted:

Are you referring to buff Mac?

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

drunken officeparty posted:

He was cultivating mass, wtf is this "fat" bullshit?

victorious
Jul 2, 2007

As a youth I prayed, "Give me chastity and continence, but not yet."
I recently finished a full rewatch and one of the lines that busted me up was in Mac's Big Break when Charlie says "Touch your toes" and Mac bursts out "What am I, a gymnast?!". His complete incompetence in all things he claims to be expert at is one of the best running jokes in the series.

"Every instinct I have is telling me to use this as a weapon."
"Every instinct you have is wrong!"

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
"Take one karate class if you're so into karate!"

Also:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gl3sNCHNeWY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

Serperoth posted:

He was cultivating mass, wtf is this "fat" bullshit?

Stop cultivating and start harvesting!