Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

Key phrase here is " and the Republican National Committee."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
40m is a good number. Wonder how much downticket she raised in addition to that.

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
Also, speaking generally, people who say "I have common sense" as their excuse for not knowing something as well as someone else are in my experience: a) Stupid, and b) without common sense.

It's like parents telling you that their kid "doesn't take tests well." You mean they're stupid.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Don't worry about NATO, I've got enough common sense to cover that whol-hold on one second for me-HEY! HEY! HEY YOU! Yeah you, the Turkish lookin' guy! You a terrorist or what?!!?! Ha ha just joshing, I'm pretty sure he's ok. Anyways what was I talking about? Oh yeah. Common sense. I've got the commonest senses you've ever seen. Believe me.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

Pook Good Mook posted:

Also, speaking generally, people who say "I have common sense" as their excuse for not knowing something as well as someone else are in my experience: a) Stupid, and b) without common sense.

It's like parents telling you that their kid "doesn't take tests well." You mean they're stupid.

It's extraordinarily common among a lot of C-level types, who think that because they've been really good at something, then their intelligence applies to all sorts of other problems they have no experience in.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Yeah, Trump not knowing anything is an asset for his supporters. He'll start from scratch on everything and use his superior deal-making abilities to win and MAGA and whatever.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Does anyone have the screenshot(s?) of Hannity smiling lovingly at Trump during an interview?

e: That's the one, thank you! v

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Jul 1, 2016

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Xandu posted:

Key phrase here is " and the Republican National Committee."

i missed that, knocks the wind out of the sails of that "TRUMP TEAM QUINTUPLES" headline

GobiasIndustries posted:

Does anyone have the screenshot(s?) of Hannity smiling lovingly at Trump during an interview?

https://twitter.com/juddlegum/status/733119248567029760

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

FrensaGeran posted:

My uncle works for Trump so he let me see the secret plan to defeat ISIS. It's actually a pretty good idea but I'm not allowed to talk about it.
That's good, the last thing we want is for ISIS to be defeated with no gain.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
What's the current thread title about anyway? I skipped like 2000 posts.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

I barfed

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

StandardVC10 posted:

What's the current thread title about anyway? I skipped like 2000 posts.

Some gross PUA suggested that guys stop sleeping with women who hate Trump.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Xandu posted:

Some gross PUA suggested that guys stop sleeping with women who hate Trump.

the sex equivalent of "you cant fire me, i quit"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

He does

for the dems

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

He probably does have a decent argument for nontraditional states, but why on earth would he suggest those ones?

AmericanBarbarian
Nov 23, 2011

Xandu posted:

He probably does have a decent argument for nontraditional states, but why on earth would he suggest those ones?

Who knows, in a perfect world the rationale for it would be that Trump knows the Apprentice is most popular in those states.

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!

Schnorkles posted:

40m is a good number. Wonder how much downticket she raised in addition to that.

$28m

https://twitter.com/JoshSchwerin/status/748928906653118464

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

Xandu posted:

he doesn't want to win with some pissant states. he wants the big ones that pundits say he can't have. why should he settle for missouri when he could have new york and california? it is not enough to win, he must win bigly

Pook Good Mook
Aug 6, 2013

ENFORCE THE UNITED STATES DRESS CODE AT ALL COSTS!

This message paid for by the Men's Wearhouse& Jos A Bank Lobbying Group
I don't even understand why he bothers with that line. Like he knows no one buys it right? And surely Manafort has clued him in that he doesn't have a chance in those states. Who is that bullshit for? Just to stroke his ego? He surely can't be that stupid can he?

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Looks like Hillary did better than was originally reported

https://twitter.com/rawstory/status/748951842416197632

How much do you estimate Trump got?

I'm saying 5-10 million

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Pook Good Mook posted:

I don't even understand why he bothers with that line. Like he knows no one buys it right? And surely Manafort has clued him in that he doesn't have a chance in those states. Who is that bullshit for? Just to stroke his ego? He surely can't be that stupid can he?

much like every other dumbass thing hes said it was probably a bit of empty boasting that he refuses to walk back or just let everyone forget about, because hes the Candidate Who Could Not Help Himself

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

trump stares squinting and pig-eyed at the electoral map.

"why isn't new york red"

"sir new york is not within our reach"

"new york is the biggest best state. i know because i live there. i want the biggest best state. get me new york"

"but"

"set up a new york call center, make sure it's protected, make people say passwords to get in"

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Pook Good Mook posted:

This is what drives Donald Trump every day of his life.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the one that confuses me is Minnesota. why Minnesota? it is neither yuge nor luxurious.

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord
DUTCHESS

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Pook Good Mook posted:

His supporters are in it for the illusion. Trump tells them what they want to hear. What they most want to hear is that they're not actually assholes and the majority of the country doesn't hate them, which is why saying hopeless states are in play appeals to them.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Mr. Pumroy posted:

trump stares squinting and pig-eyed at the electoral map.

"why isn't new york red"

"sir new york is not within our reach"

"new york is the biggest best state. i know because i live there. i want the biggest best state. get me new york"

"but"

"set up a new york call center, make sure it's protected, make people say passwords to get in"

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Pook Good Mook posted:

He surely can't be that stupid can he?

It is possible to explain this entire campaign as his contrarian overreaction to someone telling him exactly this. I CAN BE THAT STUPID! I CAN DO ANYTHING! THE STUPIDEST! DUMB!

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

paranoid randroid posted:

the one that confuses me is Minnesota. why Minnesota? it is neither yuge nor luxurious.

minnesota rejected reagan twice. if he gets minnesota, he becomes the kwisatz haderach

or something

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

It's a failed industry state right? he's trying to work that angle

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Clinton should offer via Twitter to pay down Trump's campaign debt for him in an appropriately snarky tweet.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

TheTatteredKing posted:

Nah it's literally just so he can say he's better than Reagan.

Bunleigh
Jun 6, 2005

by exmarx

Pook Good Mook posted:

Trump is not a human with a realistic view of the world, his campaign, himself, anything. Nobody else believes he can compete in New York but Trump does so that's what he's going to say.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

TheTatteredKing posted:

No not really. The twin cities is booming.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Mi is Michigan Minnesota is mn

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

shiksa posted:

yeah but hes specifically mentioned focusing on minnesota in the past

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

shiksa posted:

ugh gently caress me

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

yeah but hes specifically mentioned focusing on minnesota in the past

Oh well that's retarded yeah

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe