Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

One inch of rain today. One to two tomorrow. :negative:

Kyle Busch with a huge hit just now.

e- JWT withdrew from the NXS race. Who's going to wreck the field now? :(

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

CBJSprague24 posted:

E- Of the 8 tents on the Hendrick Motorsports side of the tents, four of them are Dale jr. Related.

In terms of aesthetics, this lacks the charm of having all the haulers to walk up to, but it is nice to be able to handle stuff without having to have it tossed out from 10 feet above you. I'm impressed, though. You can buy at least something for drat near every driver in Cup and a handful in Xfinity and Trucks too.

I second this. I completely avoided the JOOOONYER half and still found more than enough to meet my tastes. Most small teams represented except #30, #55, #98, which is unheard-of especially out here in California. Gonna debut my Michael Annett shirt this week. :getin:

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Wow, Roush must've studied the underside of that #20 from Talladega really well. Bugface on pole.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I yelled for our Intrepid Hero holding a sign crafted on the back of my ticket as he boarded his truck for the parade lap and got his attention and a laugh.

My life is complete. $30 well spent.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

what was the sign.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

what was the sign.

"SRA"

I think the only person that saw me do it was the one that matters.

E- Sheeeeeeit that was close.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jul 2, 2016

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
lol half the field gone on lap 15

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I don't think it looks like SRA got much splitter damage in the grass?

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Bumping on the transition from banked to flat is a bad idea.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

I don't think it looks like SRA got much splitter damage in the grass?

Splitter looks clean from the stands, but it looks like he dug in there. He has not pitted.

E- "Fireworks of red, white, and blue exploding over turns 3 and 4 as part of Independence weekend".

No, there aren't.

E2- No loving way the JRM cars can make it plus GWC with 48 to go.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 02:14 on Jul 2, 2016

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Way to go nbc
Edir:maybe it was just out for me for a few.

tater_salad fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jul 2, 2016

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

seems like it happened to everyone

Spangler galopogis is in the top 10 though.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Our man got hung out to dry on that last restart and dropped off the back. Put four tires on it and let's go.

Is this the first OVERTIIIIIIIME?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

OH COME THE gently caress ON.

Seriously, what the gently caress is this bullshit? There was no reason to not let that finish.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

OH gently caress OFF

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

lol

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
Caution thrown at the point in time NASCAR's favorite driver is in the lead

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

its for safety!! *hits caution light at random*

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

"THIS IS FOR SAFETY"

Doesn't call yellow for half a loving lap

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I'm glad I seat jumped and hosed ISC out of $15 tonight.

Or maybe it's karma. I'll take the former. Eat a dick, NASCAR.

Good job, SRA. Way to get that Top 10 back and dodge danger repeatedly.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

CBJSprague24 posted:

OH COME THE gently caress ON.

Seriously, what the gently caress is this bullshit? There was no reason to not let that finish.

did someone die on the backstrech, they're acting like that wreck didn't happen?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Silver linings!

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I'm glad I seat jumped and hosed ISC out of $15 tonight.

Or maybe it's karma. I'll take the former. Eat a dick, NASCAR.

slow down there rebel

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

CBJ, are they saying anything about the backstretch cause they aren't saying poo poo on TV and super vague about that yellow coming out for safety?

e: Finally they showed what happened and fine some dude took a nasty shot.

BMB5150 fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jul 2, 2016

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

Possibly Chicken posted:

did someone die on the backstrech, they're acting like that wreck didn't happen?

There was a wreck? Thought it was a debris caution.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah there was a wreck and they haven't shown or talked about poo poo, or replayed the wreck.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

tater_salad posted:

Yeah there was a wreck and they haven't shown or talked about poo poo, or replayed the wreck.

Do you mean at the track or something? They've shown it plenty on TV

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

BMB5150 posted:

CBJ, are they saying anything about the backstretch cause they aren't saying poo poo on TV and super vague about that yellow coming out for safety?

I was listening to the 98 radio but MRN on the PA apparently forgot about the wreck and focused more on who actually won the race. I've waited 5 minutes or so for replay and haven't seen it.

I want to see how SRA pushed through that because he was in probably 20th when the wrecks started.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

CBJSprague24 posted:

I was listening to the 98 radio but MRN on the PA apparently forgot about the wreck and focused more on who actually won the race. I've waited 5 minutes or so for replay and haven't seen it.

I want to see how SRA pushed through that because he was in probably 20th when the wrecks started.

He was actually making a pretty good run on the outside and was probably 12th-14th or so when they started wrecking. Everyone just basically wrecked around him, slowed down really well and got lucky with how everyone spun.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

First driver to drink OJ in victory lane and not get boo'd for it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

He was actually making a pretty good run on the outside and was probably 12th-14th or so when they started wrecking. Everyone just basically wrecked around him, slowed down really well and got lucky with how everyone spun.

Okay cool, I lost him when they hit the backstretch and found him again in the middle of 3 and 4 all by himself.

Even then, I wasn't completely sure because it seems like there were a couple similarly painted cars in the field.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/BubbaWallace/status/749065175676878848

CBJSprague24 posted:

Okay cool, I lost him when they hit the backstretch and found him again in the middle of 3 and 4 all by himself.

Yeah I think missing the wreck killed his momentum, but hey, didn't wreck.

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010

:10bux: * 500 due to NASCAR

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

congrats to jeff green on his first top 10 finish in 11 years.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I'm betting they gave Aric the edge because he was leading when the wreck initially happened.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Aric said in victory lane that it feels good to have a win without an asterisk attached to it

Well...

Elfforkusu
Jan 15, 2011
I'll never understand why they don't do something like a checkered + red flag combo at the end of these. It's not like the wreck was in turn 1.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

Elfforkusu posted:

I'll never understand why

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

Possibly Chicken posted:

congrats to jeff green on his first top 10 finish in 11 years.

HELL YES :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Elfforkusu posted:

I'll never understand why they don't do something like a checkered + red flag combo at the end of these. It's not like the wreck was in turn 1.

They might have had to move emergency equipment from somewhere else.

A debris caution there I'd lose my poo poo. I'm pretty consistent in being ok whenever they throw a yellow for a crash. Maybe they could've raced back, I'd rather they didn't.

I've seen too many racers die on TV and in person.

• Locked thread