Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Here's my advice on dating an asexual person if you're someone who enjoys sex: don't

Alternately, sleep with other people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

KillHour posted:

Alternately, sleep with other people.

At that point, what's the point of the relationship as opposed to friendship? It's a trainwreck looking for a moment to happen.

Hug in a Can
Aug 1, 2010

NICE FLAMINGO
kind heart
fierce mind
brave spirit

:h: be good and try hard! :h:

Liquid Communism posted:

At that point, what's the point of the relationship as opposed to friendship? It's a trainwreck looking for a moment to happen.

I think at that point, it's "romantic feelings" or "familial partnership".

That said, there's no shame in not being able to make either of those things work without sex.

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Here's my advice on dating an asexual person if you're someone who enjoys sex: don't

I half-heartedly agree with this. If you're starting out with concerns about how to manage your sex life with an asexual person because you have a sex drive of note, it's probably not a situation where you'll be comfortable or happy in the long-term. (A general "you" here, not specifically addressing the person who started asking!)

Asexual people are cool and good and valuable people who deserve love and happiness and mutually satisfying relationships - but non-asexual people deserve these things, too, and it can be stressful and painful if you expect to be considered sexually desirable by your partner and there's no way that they're going to provide that for you. Like... that's not a mutually satisfying relationship!

If your idea of an acceptable sex life is "occasional with not a lot of enthusiasm" then you're set! Otherwise... :shrug:

Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Definitely not for everyone, but maybe an open relationship? That happened with two friends of mine. One was bi/pan and the other was asexual. The bi person has explicit permission to sleep with other people, but no falling in love or dating. I haven't spoken to them in 6 months, but I don't think this could work long term.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Hazzard posted:

Definitely not for everyone, but maybe an open relationship? That happened with two friends of mine. One was bi/pan and the other was asexual. The bi person has explicit permission to sleep with other people, but no falling in love or dating. I haven't spoken to them in 6 months, but I don't think this could work long term.

"but no falling in love"

Like this is a choice. Mein partner, you can sleep with others but you better keep your eyes closed and heart shut, block that oxytocin from affecting your brain.

Hazzard
Mar 16, 2013
I don't think that rule can work, but maybe there's a thread on being poly to look at?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Hazzard posted:

I don't think that rule can work, but maybe there's a thread on being poly to look at?

There is a really good thread in GBS about open relationships right now.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
Opening Up by Tristan Taormino is a good book about open relationships.

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

In my experience most people claiming to be asexual are heavily medicated. Mostly SSRIs. :ms:

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Previa_fun posted:

In my experience most people claiming to be asexual are heavily medicated. Mostly SSRIs. :ms:

It varies. When I was seriously depressed, my sex drive was nonexistent. I guess you could say I was "asexual" at the time. When I was prescribed an SSRI, not only did my sex drive return, but one of the side effects was being able to last a lot longer than I ever had before.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Hazzard posted:

That sounds like a special kind of hell, and the fastest recipe for resentment I can possibly think of.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Hazzard posted:

Liquid Communism posted:

That sounds like a special kind of hell, and the fastest recipe for resentment I can possibly think of.

Yeah, this sounds like a plan made by someone who totally doesn't understand why sex is important to most people.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Travis343 posted:

There is a really good thread in GBS about open relationships right now.

Link?

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3781218

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
On that topic, you know what's hosed? My boyfriend who I've been with two years now has little to no sex drive, but he always swears he's attracted to me and still gets me off without wanting any reciprocation. We're both totally healthy young guys. Then, he tells me, that *I* should try an open relationship, and he'll stay monogamous with me. That's like, a completely horrifying concept to me because I'm a romantic type, I have no interest in polyamory at all, but he keeps bringing it up because I need to jerk off or have sex 2-3 times a week and he's 2-3 times a month.

Eh, I guess I'll just keep jerking off because jerking off is pretty cool too, I just wish he'd stop being like "tee hee, you should hire a prostitute and gently caress him and I'll just watch!"... like, dude.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
Have you considered dating a meme?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Travis343 posted:

There is a really good thread in GBS

:crossarms:

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Waci posted:

Have you considered dating a meme?

Eh I'm fine, I guess I'll just come in here and complain once a year.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Zero VGS posted:

Eh I'm fine, I guess I'll just come in here and complain once a year.

I'm sorry, you're just not compatible with this thread. We need to complain at least once every couple of months.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Yeah that thread was not what o expected

Trainrides
Jun 1, 2012

Okay, I know this a common story, but I'd like to post mine anyway. I'm a guy in my thirties, had some long-term relationships years ago, now I've been seeing this woman for a few weeks. The "dates" have thus far been pretty much drinking with friends and then going to her place to get it on. There are a million weird things about this situation: she's one of my buddies' exes, she is a good friend of one of my exes, and this has caused some drama, but I think I'm staying on top of it, and all that history literally 4-6 years old.

I used to have trouble getting hard with women in the beginning of relationships due to nervousness, and I was prepared for this to be an issue, but thus far it's been more the opposite. I get rock hard, we gently caress every which way, but I don't come. I've felt close a few times, but never made it. I know I am lasting longer because I am on a low dosage ssri, which I probably don't need, but which is a crutch I am a little worried about getting rid of. I have started tapering very, very slowly. This medication is prescribed by a GP, and I am taking it in conjunction with advice from a psychologist I see every few months, but I am a few years past last significant depressive experiences. In other words, I have had few side effects, and basically my thinking has been, hey, maybe it's still helping, so why not. I have had little trouble coming when I masturbate, but before my current situation, I hadn't had sex for .... well, a long time, so my junk might be wired to only firing the cannon when my own hand is doing the work, and that includes a certain, ah, speed and precision that I cannot expect from someone else. I am also conscious that perhaps being nervous and stressed could affect things in this way as well.

Basically, I know my next few moves (so long as we keep seeing each other, which is another question) will be to keep doing stuff, being happy that I can please her, maybe cutting down on the alcohol in conjunction with sex, and then seeing how it goes. But for those who have had significant inorgasmia or delayed ejaculation from ssris, is there any good solution besides quitting or getting some other meds? Lasting for 30-45 minutes before we call it a night is magnitudes more satisfying to me than nervousness-induced ED, but at some point I would like to bust this nut.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Stop jerking off entirely

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Trainrides posted:

Okay, I know this a common story, but I'd like to post mine anyway. I'm a guy in my thirties, had some long-term relationships years ago, now I've been seeing this woman for a few weeks. The "dates" have thus far been pretty much drinking with friends and then going to her place to get it on. There are a million weird things about this situation: she's one of my buddies' exes, she is a good friend of one of my exes, and this has caused some drama, but I think I'm staying on top of it, and all that history literally 4-6 years old.

I used to have trouble getting hard with women in the beginning of relationships due to nervousness, and I was prepared for this to be an issue, but thus far it's been more the opposite. I get rock hard, we gently caress every which way, but I don't come. I've felt close a few times, but never made it. I know I am lasting longer because I am on a low dosage ssri, which I probably don't need, but which is a crutch I am a little worried about getting rid of. I have started tapering very, very slowly. This medication is prescribed by a GP, and I am taking it in conjunction with advice from a psychologist I see every few months, but I am a few years past last significant depressive experiences. In other words, I have had few side effects, and basically my thinking has been, hey, maybe it's still helping, so why not. I have had little trouble coming when I masturbate, but before my current situation, I hadn't had sex for .... well, a long time, so my junk might be wired to only firing the cannon when my own hand is doing the work, and that includes a certain, ah, speed and precision that I cannot expect from someone else. I am also conscious that perhaps being nervous and stressed could affect things in this way as well.

Basically, I know my next few moves (so long as we keep seeing each other, which is another question) will be to keep doing stuff, being happy that I can please her, maybe cutting down on the alcohol in conjunction with sex, and then seeing how it goes. But for those who have had significant inorgasmia or delayed ejaculation from ssris, is there any good solution besides quitting or getting some other meds? Lasting for 30-45 minutes before we call it a night is magnitudes more satisfying to me than nervousness-induced ED, but at some point I would like to bust this nut.

I had this problem with SSRIs, and I hate to recommend weed and butt stuff, but it worked for me.

You could also look into moving to a different antidepressant that doesn't have the side effect. Welbutrin's only sexual side effect is increased libido, and it generally has fewer side effects for most people compared to SSRIs.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Lots of foreplay. Do whatever gets you really horny without direct simulation. After doing that for a good 20 minutes, you'll be ready to blow as soon as you stick it in.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Trainrides posted:

Cut down on drinking and jerking off. I'm on SSRIs and they don't really affect me sexually in normal circumstances, but if I've been drinking and/or had a wank that day it leads to the situation you describe

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
So thick white fluids running out of a girls vagina. Totally normal i know, but this was a lot and the first time I've actually reacted to how much it was.

Whats the deal with it? Google won't help me here. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Affi posted:

So thick white fluids running out of a girls vagina. Totally normal i know, but this was a lot and the first time I've actually reacted to how much it was.

Condom broke. Have a cigar!

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004

Affi posted:

a gentleman's sperm

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

DandyLion posted:

Condom broke. Have a cigar!

Not the right color! Also I'd be seriously impressed with myself if I could produce that much cum.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Affi posted:

Not the right color! Also I'd be seriously impressed with myself if I could produce that much cum.

Congratulations, it's a yeast infection!

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
Yay!

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

hoobajoo posted:

I hate to recommend weed and butt stuff

A shocking upset for the Something Awful forums.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Affi posted:

Color, consistency, smell?

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
If there's more fluid than you produce when cumming, that sounds like a horrific infection.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Faerunner posted:

Color, consistency, smell?

Milky white, creamy almost like say lotion. Didn't actually notice the smell.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

Araenna posted:

If there's more fluid than you produce when cumming, that sounds like a horrific infection.

I wouldn't know how much is normal?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Affi posted:

I wouldn't know how much is normal?

As far as I know there is no part of the female anatomy that is intended to produce thick white fluid so any amount is perhaps a little abnormal.

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
If it didn't smell and she wasn't uncomfortable, it's probably normal and fine. http://m.newhealthadvisor.com/Milky-White-Discharge.html

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

OwlFancier posted:

As far as I know there is no part of the female anatomy that is intended to produce thick white fluid so any amount is perhaps a little abnormal.

Anne Whateley posted:

If it didn't smell and she wasn't uncomfortable, it's probably normal and fine. http://m.newhealthadvisor.com/Milky-White-Discharge.html

I like that these two posts are so different. I'm going to trust the second poster though. She's stressed, it was a few days before her menstrual cycle, no discomfort, she was sexually aroused and yeah gently caress she might actually be preggo too because her period is late now. (she is often late though and she did take a pregnancy test a few days later that was negative)

Anyway, thanks for the replies everyone. Surprising how difficult it was to find anything on google about this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
I don't know what you were googling, but "white discharge" gets you plenty of relevant info.