Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Black Balloon posted:

Edit2: Some people are still looking for buddy pairings for the event! Post your name here if you still need a buddy! Link up with people! Get free stuff! Big money! Big prizes! I love it!
I'd buy that for a dollar! Actually, 3 days into this event I probably would, as an existing user still in need of a buddy for this thing. Trying to process all this new guild dungeon stuff delayed the search a bit. Current main is ItsRaininNen which I'll likely be on if I'm not tearing stuff up on my demon slayer, LiterallyIvy. Really handy that the new guild menu has a "family tree" of sorts where you can see what alts/mains someone has in the same guild.

Edit: Rectified with Obligatum's help, thanks!

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jul 1, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LogicNinja
Jan 21, 2011

...the blur blurs blurringly across the blurred blur in a blur of blurring blurriness that blurred...

E-Tap posted:

I'd buy that for a dollar! Actually, 3 days into this event I probably would, as an existing user still in need of a buddy for this thing. Trying to process all this new guild dungeon stuff delayed the search a bit. Current main is ItsRaininNen which I'll likely be on if I'm not tearing stuff up on my demon slayer, LiterallyIvy. Really handy that the new guild menu has a "family tree" of sorts where you can see what alts/mains someone has in the same guild.

A+ names. Still mad that I lost the name #NotAllNen in the server move.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
I'm salty that I couldn't get MrCoolIce for my glacial master in a snowman costume.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i don't know if i'm more proud of NensHairClub or SeraphsDept.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

LogicNinja posted:

A+ names. Still mad that I lost the name #NotAllNen in the server move.

Yeah, for me in many cases a good character name can make a character more enjoyable to play at times as much as a good avatar ensemble can, among some of my favorites:

"Boyz2Nen" was also a great male Nen name someone was running with a couple months ago. Sucks about the forced name change with the merge, naming these once is hard enough for me.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.
Let it be known that the superior M. Mage subclass reigned supreme and I beat up that nerd Klausen. RIP ice loser.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Obligatum VII posted:

Let it be known that the superior M. Mage subclass reigned supreme and I beat up that nerd Klausen. RIP ice loser.

But Blood Mage isn't out yet.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Nethertribes posted:

But Blood Mage isn't out yet.

I may re-assess my thoughts on the best subclass depending on how Dimension Insomniac turns out. I'm sorry, but bloody mcbloodblood is already out of the running for being derivative.

I'm just concerned how I'm going to get a second pot helm to give to my Dimension Walker. I can trade over all the rare avas, but the pot helmet is essential! It's my brand!

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
last I played this poo poo, there was not just an intro to a male fighter, but multiple graphics depicing male fighters with getups that they loving obviously won't have in game, like Almost Ryu High punch strong getup with black gi and yellow headband.

Also this was the time where this game went offline for awhile i guess? how is it now?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fargin Icehole posted:

Also this was the time where this game went offline for awhile i guess? how is it now?

It's dramatically better, with way more and better content under better management with a better company.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

The game used to be run by Nexon, of Maple Story fame. They suckedand they're gone now. The game is run directly by the developers, and it's awesome. Definitely worth trying again if you liked the concept of the game from the old days, because now it's better in every way.

As far as character appearance stuff, there was a set of avatars released for most classes in a pack called The Awakened Ones which would make you look like the class splash screens, but it was a temporary event thing and not available anymore. But there are plenty of other options for looking like a baller, and the developers are slowly adding more in progressively.

Edit: Now is actually a particularly great time to try the game out, because there's additional rewards for new or returning players. Come get free poo poo!

Wolpertinger
Feb 16, 2011
I'm a returning player so I'll get those tasty free buddy points - anyone not buddied up yet?

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
So they updated the training hall with adding Anton bosses & crit/stat/elemental buffs.

This is with the highest buffs. I'm not sorry.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Has male nen improved as much as the other mfighter classes? I love it thematically, but I remember the gameplay mostly being "mash X and watch, crying a little, as your MP bottoms out instantly."

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Nethertribes posted:

So they updated the training hall with adding Anton bosses & crit/stat/elemental buffs.

This is with the highest buffs. I'm not sorry.

Oh man, I wanna see what my numbers are with that. I did a for-fun time trial on nugol when the revamp came out and got about 27 seconds, but I didn't go for Maximum Numbers. Having 700+ shadow damage is fun.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Reddit claims that nexus has been hacked and is redirecting people to viruses so you shouldn't probably go there.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Black Balloon posted:

Oh man, I wanna see what my numbers are with that. I did a for-fun time trial on nugol when the revamp came out and got about 27 seconds, but I didn't go for Maximum Numbers. Having 700+ shadow damage is fun.

For the record I hit my standard 6 refinement machines for those numbers.

And in other news for those with Starfall equip don't use it in a party in Ice 2. It causes bad times and bad lag.

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Panic! at Nabisco posted:

Has male nen improved as much as the other mfighter classes? I love it thematically, but I remember the gameplay mostly being "mash X and watch, crying a little, as your MP bottoms out instantly."

How far back are we talking here? I mained one during Nexon era, somehow, and that is a pretty accurate description of back then.
They're actually perfectly reasonable now, they're not top tier but they're solid and the Gracia Family Heirloom legendary set is extremely powerful on nens of both varieties. I did a lot of idiot words about male nen a while ago, though I'd probably say skip getting chronicle gear unless you really want to put together a nerd master swap set for solar shield's light damage buff, just get halidom gear and do ancients instead.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

The legendary insignias cost 3000 Guild Contribution Certificates. Here are all the legendary insignia stats:
Perfect Insignia of Beast: 48 Strength, 44 Vitality
Perfect Insignia of Quickness: 48 Intelligence, 44 Spirit
Perfect Insignia of Combat: 46 Intelligence, 46 Strength
Perfect Insignia of Concentration: 44 Vitality, 48 Spirit
Perfect Insignia of Slowness: 44 Intelligence, 48 Vitality
Perfect Insignia of Cooperation: 24 Strength, 24 Intelligence, 28 Vitality, 28 Spirit
Perfect Insignia of Regeneration: 28 Strength, 28 Intelligence, 24 Vitality, 24 Spirit
Perfect Insignia of Protection: 20 Physical Attack, 48 Strength
Perfect Insignia of Blessing: 20 Magical Attack, 48 Intelligence
Perfect Insignia of Punishment: 30 Independent Attack, 48 Strength
Perfect Insignia of Spirit: 30 Independent Attack, 48 Intelligence
Perfect Insignia of Awakening: 20 Physical Attack, 30 Independent Attack
Perfect Insignia of Patience: 20 Magical Attack, 30 Independent Attack

The unique insignias cost 1500 Guild Contribution Certificates. Here are all the unique insignia stats:
Insignia of Beast: 24 Strength, 22 Vitality
Insignia of Quickness: 24 Intelligence, 22 Spirit
Insignia of Combat: 23 Intelligence, 23 Strength
Insignia of Concentration: 22 Vitality, 24 Spirit
Insignia of Slowness: 22 Intelligence, 24 Vitality
Insignia of Cooperation: 12 Strength, 12 Intelligence, 14 Vitality, 14 Spirit
Insignia of Regeneration: 14 Strength, 14 Intelligence, 12 Vitality, 12 Spirit
Insignia of Protection: 10 Physical Attack, 24 Strength
Insignia of Blessing: 10 Magical Attack, 24 Intelligence
Insignia of Punishment: 15 Independent Attack, 12 Strength
Insignia of Spirit: 15 Independent Attack, 14 Intelligence
Insignia of Awakening: 10 Physical Attack, 15 Independent Attack
Insignia of Patience: 10 Magical Attack, 15 Independent Attack

You can also buy Flawless (Rare-quality) gems for 560 Guild Contribution Certificates. The merchant carries four types of gem at random, which change each day.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
INSIGNIA OF BEAST

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Hey Somefool in kDnF are Gracia set using Asuras actually decent damage or do they still come up pretty short compared to others still?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Hey Somefool in kDnF are Gracia set using Asuras actually decent damage or do they still come up pretty short compared to others still?

Dunno but today I partied with a Dark Goth Asura with Refined set and he wrecked poo poo.

I don't have a good grasp of how much Gracia set actually does because I'm never in a party where the guy with Gracia is the sole damage dealer. Unless some dude in my party start spamming their damage dealt, it's hard for me to know. I do know that it has been replacing various legendary setups where people go for Gracia over just buying random legendaries to fill in every slot.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

You won't be selling anton raid with it but it'll absolutely get work done.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!

Black Balloon posted:

Edit2: Some people are still looking for buddy pairings for the event! Post your name here if you still need a buddy! Link up with people! Get free stuff! Big money! Big prizes! I love it!

I could use a returnee buddy, my character is Zelmel.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

So we have hall of eternity or whatever unlocked, and we're making decent progress on it. But as a warning to everyone, do not attempt to solo it. It's not worth the time investment, even with a lot of gear. Learn to love your grabs on every single boss, because they all have a lot of iframes, but they're all tied to actually using attacks that they can't activate while held. As a for-instance, Court Fire Mage can be grabbed before he finishes casting the reflecting shield. As soon as he finishes teleporting in (becomes totally solid) he loses his iframes and starts casting. You can completely gently caress him out of his gimmick if you time it right.

Enemy health pools don't scale up super massively with party size, so just cram people into one party and spam dem holds. We should hit 100% my monday or tuesday night. I have both nights off and I'll be popping full fp pots to try to get this done, and everyone's welcome to join me for runs.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Black Balloon posted:

But as a warning to everyone, do not attempt to solo it. It's not worth the time investment, even with a lot of gear.

I'd like to think my DT has pretty good gear, and I want to post to say that Imp is 105% correct with this. It took me 11 minutes to clear this shitfest because the court fire mage is bad, and Saya has enormous amounts of iframes and HP (meanwhile John and the ice mage are just huge sacks of hp).

OTOH partying with nether, imp, and tumma had a 2 minute ish cleartime at best.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

I used to love this game back in the day, logged in as a new player and holy cow that's a lot of screen clutter

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

hiddenriverninja posted:

I used to love this game back in the day, logged in as a new player and holy cow that's a lot of screen clutter

Haha yeah the UI is garbage. I have been playing this game for like 8 years mow and I still get overwhelmed.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

They definitely don't waste any time throwing a bunch of poo poo at you all at once, but you'll get used to it. Plenty of us are around to field questions or help you find what you need.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
A note on the fire mage: In the event that he gets his reflecting shield (a literal-rear end floating shield), it only reflects damage if you're on the ground. So if you have any skills usable in mid-air, you can ignore that shield.

Like F. Spitfire (who can just freeze his rear end because ice grenades own)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nethertribes posted:

it only reflects damage if you're on the ground

:psyduck:

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I'm going to experiment with that when I get home but I am also still going to advocate the strategy of never letting him cast it in the first place.

Edit: Also general Saya stuff; she will spawn up to three orbs starting from her location that each separately track the first three members of your party. Don't stack up on top of eachother close to the boss or you're gonna risk multiple orbs aggressively rubbing themselves against your very frozen and suddenly very dead corpses. Split up a bit, run to the circles (top left, center bottom, top right). Each circle will absorb an orb. It takes a bit for the circle to come back, but that's just to make sure everyone can't use the same one or two. The fourth player will never have an orb tracking them, so put your main damage dealer or holder in that slot so they have free reign.

Most of her casts give her iframes for the duration. If she's walking around, she's vulnerable. If she's lunging or telegraphing the lunge move, she's still vulnerable. There's a couple moves that blow everyone back. She's invincible while charging those, but she'll be vulnerable again by the time you get back to her. Just grab a lot.

If the fight takes a while then she'll drop a big-rear end circle (or circles) somewhere in the room. It'll freeze the gently caress out of you, but there's time to get out in-between freezes. Don't fight her in it.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Jul 3, 2016

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
Note you have to actually hit the jump button. None of this skill puts you in mid-air nonsense like Destroyer.

Rip Tumma & Nacht.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Fortunately, the Dark Templar can jump and use Destroyer from midair.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I'm gonna maintain my current guess that your grenades just didn't have enough z axis range to hit the shield.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
So the last time I played this game was April 2015. I had a few lvl 70 characters like an Avenger, Elemental Bomber, etc. Logged in for the first time today cause I heard of the major update and whoa, I have no idea what the gently caress is going on anymore. The last character I was playing was a lvl 40 F. Sword Master with a +12 event Bludgeon weapon and these skills seem different than what I remember.

Do I want to use Imperial Swordsmanship over my Basic Attack?

What are these green chests and why do they drop Arad Meteors?

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Imperial Swordsmanship effectively works as a secondary basic attack string. It is stronger, but it does cost a fair amount of mp, so I would use it sparingly while leveling. I don't think any other SM attacks have fundamentally changed since release.

Every dungeon has a bunch of chests and stuff that'll drop progressively higher grades of meteors, which you can exchange to buy the pink boss items that, previously, would only infrequently drop. They're not super important until later on, and the primary use most people have for them is to disassemble them for crafting items. If in doubt, just save them.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Black Balloon posted:

I'm gonna maintain my current guess that your grenades just didn't have enough z axis range to hit the shield.

So I did some tests. Grenades just don't trigger the damned thing. Did all variations of grenade tossing on the ground, did not get hurt.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Nethertribes posted:

So I did some tests. Grenades just don't trigger the damned thing. Did all variations of grenade tossing on the ground, did not get hurt.

Holy Sanctuary doesn't trigger it either; probably because it's a ground zone thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:siren:HEY WE INCREASE GUILD CAPACITY! BRING ALL THE ALTS YOU CARE YOU CARE TO LOG INTO DAILY OVER TO RESTRAINT:siren: