Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The time thing isn't really an hard and fast rule anyway. People already fudge around with D4C to include him by saying "time or space" stuff.

She's probably not the big bad though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The time thing isn't really an hard and fast rule anyway. People already fudge around with D4C to include him by saying "time or space" stuff.

She's probably not the big bad though.

Diego was the last fight in SBR so it follows the rules there, and with Valentine I assume people usually go with alternate timelines and stuff since that is how the parallel dimensions are presented, that they all exist around and branch off of the world where everything is based, the world that has Jesus Christ

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

parallel dimensions have nothing to do with time

D4C doesn't affect time in any way. it doesn't hit the brakes on a car. it doesn't make the car accelerate. it doesn't make the car go in reverse. the car doesn't skip from intersection to intersection. the person just gets out of the car entirely and goes to a different one, which is also not affected by the intervention of the stand or stand user beyond what a normal person could do.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

If it were a vcr, D4C would be the ability to change tapes and to bring pieces of other tapes back with him. D4C does not have a direct effect on time and it doesn't control time in the sense of stopping time or skipping time or speeding up time or rewinding time or replaying time, but people tend to pair up time distortion along with dimensional distortion since they can easily go hand in hand.

Basically what I'm saying is that we're not disagreeing on the facts. We just have different interpretations.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Personally, I understood D4C as handling multiple timelines too - whether you call it parallel dimensions or parallel timelines really doesn't matter. If you really want to mince words, you could say that D4C doesn't manipulate time, it manipulates the user's place in time. I'm not serious tho, that was just an excuse to speculate about fun time stuff that Kaato's Stand could do, with a rather simple power (pocket dimensions accessed through card surfaces in which time doesn't pass).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

FirstAidKite posted:

Diego was the last fight in SBR so it follows the rules there, and with Valentine I assume people usually go with alternate timelines and stuff since that is how the parallel dimensions are presented, that they all exist around and branch off of the world where everything is based, the world that has Jesus Christ

It's the finale but he's not the final boss. It's like saying Rolling Stones is the final boss of Vento because it shows up last.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

It's the finale but he's not the final boss. It's like saying Rolling Stones is the final boss of Vento because it shows up last.

That doesn't work because rolling stone was specifically a flashback to before Giorno was even involved with the gang, whereas the entirety of the Diego stuff was one last attempt to gently caress Johnny over by Valentine.

e: I know it seems arbitrary that I'm like "rolling stone doesn't count" but I do have reasoning. My reason is more or less that I feel like rolling stone is just poorly placed in general and doesn't really do anything other than reveal that Narancia, Bruno, and Abbacchio were hosed from the start and destined to die, other than that it could have been put anywhere in the storyline without much issue since it is only the final reveal of the stone that matters and rolling stone otherwise feels extremely disconnected from the rest of the part it is in. The Diego fight, on the other hand, is a last ditch effort attack from Valentine but the fight is very much so Diego's, as opposed to when Funny Valentine had Lucy and was utilizing Ticket to Ride for the D4C Love Train where Funny Valentine was using another stand under his own control instead of having to desperately plea with another stand user to do his work for him. That's why I consider Diego to be the final boss.

FirstAidKite fucked around with this message at 11:00 on Jun 28, 2016

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Rolling Stone was completely superfluous (and I thought it was extraordinarily lame at that) and took place before any of part 5 even happened, while Dio was Johnny's last actual fight and served to make Lucy loving Steel the world's biggest badass. He was the final boss as far as the plot went, but that's really more of a wrap up after Valentine. Valentine was essentially like the fight to get the Stand arrow while Dio was Gold Experience Requiem vs Diavolo in terms of climax.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
One of Kato's cards will be an alternate Josuke with a powerful stand called Crazy Diamond

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

I wonder if we're getting a better explanation of the family tree soon enough, because it's about the only reason I can think of to have that symbol stuff with Kira early on

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

this new filter

spider licking is hilarious too

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

cos one of you likes to have this

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

but, the million dollar question still remains

is 'it' in?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Johnny Joestar posted:

but, the million dollar question still remains

is 'it' in?

There are a million things that could be 'it'

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the new opening

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Oh, no. No OP this week.

Heaven's Door and Love Deluxe retain their names.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

nooooooooooooooooooooooo

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Masazo Kinoto's back (Cheap Trick)

goddamn it david

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
goddamn

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Masazo Kinoto's back (Cheap Trick)

goddamn it david

:golfclap:

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

That's ratt isn't it?

PrinnySquadron fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jul 1, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yep

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Indeed it is!

also the Stand is named Ratt, the rat is named 虫喰い (Mushikui, literally Bug Eaten because of it's chewed up ear), the other rat is never named :goonsay:

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 19:06 on Jul 1, 2016

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Leftmost is Dead Man's Questions. Also a bunch of Araki's other work.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Apologies, second from the left.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Oh, no. No OP this week.

Heaven's Door and Love Deluxe retain their names.

I have a strong suspicion we've seen the last of the CGI OP :smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can see them bringing it back for Vento and Stone Ocean because they've got a smaller cast than DiU overall, discounting villains naturally. Considering they're going 39 with 3 OPs, there's no way they're bringing Kamikaze Douga back in now.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Rohan was loving great.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i feel like normally-animated OP sequences fit DiU better, anyways. it's more lighthearted and goes with the tone of the part better than the CGI stuff that worked for SDC and previous.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/animediet/status/749058483937353728

!!!!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I could've sworn Heaven's Door was something Rohan got for being a master manga artist and wasn't shot by the arrow. Did they retcon that at some point, or did my mind just make it up?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Stuff like Rohan at the Louvre implies that he's always had Heaven's Door, so there are conflicting explanations.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
It's like how I forget if Kira got Killer Queen from the arrow or just being real good at killing it and wanting to hide.

Apparently it was the arrow but not Keicho's, but the one his ghost dad has and he got it when he was young so man whatever

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

https://twitter.com/fruitjuicy/status/749054532672327680

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Jesus Christ they're not loving around the mark up on the Manga book. It was only around 500 yen

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
In my experience, limited though it is, a lot of Japanese pop culture publications (like manga) tend to get published in small print on cheap paper, and don't exactly have great shelf lives unless you handle them with unerring care. $20 is still kinda ridiculous, but I wouldn't be surprised if we're getting a sturdier product meant to last longer.

There's also the fact that it's far more work and generally less profitable for them to translate a book like this, so it's something of a speciality item.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

It's the price point I'd expect, really, right or wrong. I guess I'm used to stuff being marked up a lot, too. We'll see how it looks, either way I was pretty excited about that (and the toonami OPM announcement!)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

No DiU onward tankos so I don't care too much. The Manga art book should be interesting but get them tankos out already