Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Do you get bonus for playing on hard?

Only "bonus" (achievement) is finishing a game on Lunatic afaik, and you only unlock Lunatic after finishing a game once, and you can't change difficulty anymore after picking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.

Golden Goat posted:

Yeah that is pretty weird.

...One moment please

The fist bump the guys do with their performa is one of my favorite things about this game so far.

BillmasterCozb posted:

what, buying water instead of a macho mocha?
Sometimes the macho-mocha is not available!

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So should I be class changing asap? I haven't yet

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Please support Tsubasa and only buy Amrita Shower.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Lessail posted:

So should I be class changing asap? I haven't yet

There's really no reason not to.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

MrAristocrates posted:

Cool. Didn't know if I'd be locked out of lower class weapons or something

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

MrAristocrates posted:

I say this, but I don't like a lot of the redesigns

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

Oh wow when did I get 5 master seals lmao guess I don't really gotta pick now

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

MrAristocrates posted:

I say this, but I don't like a lot of the redesigns

the worst offender by far is virion. sniper looks super bland compared to archer.

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
where are the Macca Converters?
I'm pretty sure it's somewhere in the 106 but I dont know where..

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer

SylvainMustach posted:

Rare enemy encounters, if a gold enemy pops up run into as fast as possible and hope you kill it. I think they're in the first few dungeons.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SylvainMustach posted:

I found one on today's Daily Fight in the arena

SylvainMustach
Dec 12, 2007

Superior Trash Talk!
Ah I was afraid they were the rare encounters.
Thanks

I'll check the arena too.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

You'll eventually get a spell that makes rare encounters (and savage encounters) pop up more.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

SylvainMustach posted:

Thanks

I just pop out Chrom's special skill :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Okay I got an urgent waifu question: is there any choice for who Itsuki ends up with? haven't started chapter three but it seems like the game's pushing the Itsuki and Tsubasa together since they're both the mains and also childhood friends, but the dynamic with Kiria is far more interesting and cute, should I just give up hope of them together?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i hope itsuki ends up with a personality

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Played a dungeon for over an hour, fought a big guy thinking it was the end, and found out I was only halfway through it.

Yeah, okay, this is a SMT game.

I like this game a lot more than I thought I would (I love me some Persona 4 and think Fire Emblem is alright), but boy howdy do I feel like I'm looking at a Dead or Alive game sometimes. Also wish there was an English dub, but :shrug:.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man dungeon 4 sucks. Literally every enemy is weak to Thunder or Axe only so if I want sessions kicked off I better use Itsuki/Ellie/Mamori

I feel like the other 3 are falling behind but every time I swap them in and see that I won't get get my 5-6 session I decide to swap back.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

God i hope the end of touma's questline is to bang the kid's mom :allears:

HMS Beagle
Feb 13, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Man dungeon 4 sucks. Literally every enemy is weak to Thunder or Axe only so if I want sessions kicked off I better use Itsuki/Ellie/Mamori

I feel like the other 3 are falling behind but every time I swap them in and see that I won't get get my 5-6 session I decide to swap back.

Buy some items from the Magic Hee Ho Mart for more coverage, creates some more options.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Remember that the "bane" skills will pierce defence for the whole session, I used those a lot (can't remember what I had by #4 though...)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

minusX posted:

The name is from before it was released in the US and we didn't know that pun, but I agree.

Has anyone else seen the fact that if you're snarky the whole time you can miss out on a dual tech ability with Tsubasa and Itsuki? I've only seen it really matter Chapter 4 on and most of the points you need are from a Side Quest but the only outline about what answers help has been from a Japanese site, wondering if stuff is different in the US. http://spwiki.net/sharpfe/wikis/91.html

What? The answers actually matter?

poo poo, I've just been picking the funniest response.

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

sincx posted:

What? The answers actually matter?

poo poo, I've just been picking the funniest response.

It sounds like you can make up for it by doing the side stories but you'll unlock it faster if you're actually nice to Tsubasa

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Am I supposed to be getting treasure keys from one of the lotteries or something, because I feel like I never have enough for all the locked item boxes

Which is especially annoying because you have to redo a bunch of those dress puzzles in 106 to get to one of the locked boxes in the basement

Centzon Totochtin fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jul 2, 2016

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

geez, I lose ONE savage encounter and the game is all "maybe you should try Ultra Baby Mode :smug:"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

It sounds like you can make up for it by doing the side stories but you'll unlock it faster if you're actually nice to Tsubasa

I'll gladly do more sidequests to keep Itsuki's cold shoulder streak going.

I got super lucky just now, im at chapter three and opened the first gate you see in the dungeon when i decided to save, then i cross a bridge and two savages jump me, ended up dstroyed but with 0 progression lost. The best.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Am I supposed to be getting treasure keys from one of the lotteries or something, because I feel like I never have enough for all the locked item boxes

Which is especially annoying because you have to redo a bunch of those dress puzzles in 106 to get to one of the locked boxes in the basement

If you trade detritus a bunch of times, not sure how many, you get a request that rewards you with the Lock touch skill which lets you just open all chests.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.

CrashCat posted:

geez, I lose ONE savage encounter and the game is all "maybe you should try Ultra Baby Mode :smug:"

This only happens if you game over on easy mode though

Yakiniku Teishoku
Mar 16, 2011

Peace On Egg

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'll gladly do more sidequests to keep Itsuki's cold shoulder streak going.

Looks like you need 30 points overall and there's a max of 50 so maybe don't be too tsun to your gal

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

MohShuvuu posted:

This only happens if you game over on easy mode though

Yeah, I'm playing on normal and the Savage Encounter in the Ch. 3 dungeon has been kicking my rear end, repeatedly, and the game hasn't made a peep about lowering the difficulty. I've only beaten the encounter once out of the half dozen or so times it has popped up. It's the one with the wyverns and armored knights. It's a right bastard. I think my one victory was a fluke. Oh well. I save as soon as I see them pop up, so I lose all of zero progress when they inevitably grind my rear end into paste.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Yakiniku Teishoku posted:

Looks like you need 30 points overall and there's a max of 50 so maybe don't be too tsun to your gal

dont worry, ive been nice to Kiria

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Tsurugi: I'll try this :airquote:friendship:airquote: of yours.

:stare:

Dude needs to learn that pokemon are more than just tools...

The Moon Monster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Jul 2, 2016

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Can duo arts not occur in the arena? Never seen one there.

Edit: okay, nevermind, just got one! Guess I just had back luck.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 2, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

It's nice to play a Persona game again with actual dungeons.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

When does the dark hee ho mart restock

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

SylvainMustach posted:

Thanks

You can cheese Macca Converters pretty easily. From GameFAQs:

quote:

Take the teleporter to the 6th floor and follow the right path past the orange costume to the switch. Press the middle button, turn around and enter the closer sleeve to go up to the 7th floor. You will find a small area with a wall that can be broken by whatever means (i don't know yet, i'm only in chapter 2 though).

Run around there near the sleeve, specifically near the carpet in front of the sleeve entrance. If an enemy spawns and it isn't the golden on, just stand on the carpet and wait, the enemy will vanish as soon as it tries to enter the carpet (for whatever reason). Then just start running around again.

The first enemy is always either rare or savage. I think you have to Traport and then return to get it to respawn rare each time. It only took me about 10 minutes of doing this to get about 5 of them so it's easy pie.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Also wow pastel power is op

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
You don't really have to leave the dungeon. Using Attract Water or Riberama will cause Mirages to spawn, and the majority of them will be Rares.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

That's 106 finished. If Hard mode only consists of HP bucket bosses I might lower it down.

• Locked thread