Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"Stop all that hopping around! Have some decorum drat it!" Is actually my favorite line.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Not these black-furred bastards again.

el dingo
Mar 19, 2009

Ogres are like onions

TheTatteredKing posted:

"Stop all that hopping around! Have some decorum drat it!" Is actually my favorite line.

I'm a bit more partial to Krubers jumpy complaint: 'why the uh... brettonian dance?'

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Kruber confirmed for being outdanced by a Bret.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
"They've taken the elf. Does anyone want her back?"

Anyone like doing Last Stand? I've been enjoying them quite a bit but playing with pickups or bots is often quite awful. SHould get together sometime and give it a shot.

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

high six posted:

Anyone like doing Last Stand? I've been enjoying them quite a bit but playing with pickups or bots is often quite awful. SHould get together sometime and give it a shot.

It's fun, but most of the solid pickup groups I've done it with just basically grind out the first 15 waves and start over just to get badges. I also hear that after wave 30 the stability of the game starts nosediving. I've gotten to the mid 30s a few times without crashing though, so that may just be for even later waves.

Also, I think a lot of the dialog in this game is good. Surprisingly effective at building the characters. The DLC maps give most of the characters some good lines too.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
I've never gotten that far before. Normally end up dead around 20-something if the group is good.

And yeah, I really like the dialogue. Not all of it is funny, too. For instance, when Saltzpyre died once, the elf goes, "Don't weep for Saltzpyre. He was dead inside already."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

high six posted:

"Stop strangling the elf! THAT'S MY JOB!"

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think the bright wizard has a lame personality, but everyone else is fun. They're pretty thorough with the lines, the dwarf and krueber have a conversation if krueber misses a grenade.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

:witch: You can't die and leave me with the elf and the witch!

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
If you die then who will hate me?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think the bright wizard has a lame personality, but everyone else is fun. They're pretty thorough with the lines, the dwarf and krueber have a conversation if krueber misses a grenade.

The Wizard is well acted and has her moments but her problem is she's absolutely the most one-note of everyone.

That note is fire.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

I think my scavenger activated 0/73 times. Is there any indication? Also jesus going to witch hunter's piddly weapons after spending so much on the dwarven one shot express is not great

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

TheTatteredKing posted:

I think my scavenger activated 0/73 times. Is there any indication? Also jesus going to witch hunter's piddly weapons after spending so much on the dwarven one shot express is not great

You get a yellowish flash on your screen when it triggers I think?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Hail of doom seems to work differently on the blunderbuss where it is instead a chance to just not have to reload after shooting and to not consume ammo. It's interesting but not enough to make the weapon not butts. Also it throws off my instincts and I can't react to a saved shot fast enough to make use of it, so I'd really rather it just gave every pellet a chance to split so you'd effectively get more damage on average

I feel like I might start to like the weapon if I had master crafted on it but mine already has chance to heal, to penetrate, and to not have to reload and I don't want to spend orange ore on a blunderbuss

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Night10194 posted:

The Wizard is well acted and has her moments but her problem is she's absolutely the most one-note of everyone.

That note is fire.

Which leads to the greatest visual gag in the entire game.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Digirat posted:

Hail of doom seems to work differently on the blunderbuss where it is instead a chance to just not have to reload after shooting and to not consume ammo. It's interesting but not enough to make the weapon not butts. Also it throws off my instincts and I can't react to a saved shot fast enough to make use of it, so I'd really rather it just gave every pellet a chance to split so you'd effectively get more damage on average

I feel like I might start to like the weapon if I had master crafted on it but mine already has chance to heal, to penetrate, and to not have to reload and I don't want to spend orange ore on a blunderbuss

Hail of Doom is bugged and when it triggers doesn't consume ammo. This happened directly as a result of Drachenfels DLC. I mentioned this a long time ago in this thread.

But not a soul elsewhere has done the same.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
my favorite voice stuff still has to be the dumb mike tyson / teletubby voice the stormvermin get

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lunethex posted:

Hail of Doom is bugged and when it triggers doesn't consume ammo. This happened directly as a result of Drachenfels DLC. I mentioned this a long time ago in this thread.

But not a soul elsewhere has done the same.

Does this mean it triggers per click and not per projectile, and if so does it double the projectiles from a shotgun or just add 1?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Digirat posted:

Does this mean it triggers per click and not per projectile, and if so does it double the projectiles from a shotgun or just add 1?

Not sure about shotguns, but when it procs for the volley mode of the new crossbow, it doubles the number of projectiles.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Looked up the tome locations on the dungeons and found out about the two grimoires on it. I thought there were only tomes on that level. How is it even possible to do that level with two grimoires on nightmare and cataclysm, and with the ridiculous distance you have to go back to get the second one. I jumped down the pit and found the lever to open it on my own, but I didn't then backtrack through the fourth of a level it takes to find it after that.

Guess I'm not doing it until I manage to get the trinket that halves the grimoire effect. In the meantime I will relentlessly do the torch dupe glitch because the level's difficulty is just not balanced without making more torches for the last room

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Night10194 posted:

That note is fire.

The best parts of the BW are her interations with Saltzpyre. Two two of them snark at each other so hard, they put an old married couple to shame.

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.

Tiler Kiwi posted:

my favorite voice stuff still has to be the dumb mike tyson / teletubby voice the stormvermin get

I laugh every time I one shot a lone rat, running at me while screaming "we ruuuule"

Digirat posted:

Looked up the tome locations on the dungeons and found out about the two grimoires on it. I thought there were only tomes on that level. How is it even possible to do that level with two grimoires on nightmare and cataclysm, and with the ridiculous distance you have to go back to get the second one. I jumped down the pit and found the lever to open it on my own, but I didn't then backtrack through the fourth of a level it takes to find it after that.

Guess I'm not doing it until I manage to get the trinket that halves the grimoire effect. In the meantime I will relentlessly do the torch dupe glitch because the level's difficulty is just not balanced without making more torches for the last room

That level was insane but I hope to beat it soon

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

rats rule humans drool

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

My first halberd sighting!

Literally not possible to get

:smithicide:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Digirat posted:

My first halberd sighting!

Literally not possible to get

:smithicide:

Not with that dice pool, but that's possible to get. Trust me. :shepface:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

"I was trained to be a bladesman, not a bombardier!" -kruber missing a bomb

FastestGunAlive
Apr 7, 2010

Dancing palm tree.
If I delete the game from my hd will I lose my character progress? I installed the game while in Spain and the inconvenience of having to click a couple filters to world wide to find US games is too much for my decrepit body

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I reformatted my system in december and my save was still there on steam cloud afterward.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah still haven't gotten scavenger to proc on my rapier days later. It's 16%

Does the two new weapons only drop on the dlc maps?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Level 165 and 260 players and they still abandon the rear guard at the end of enemy below. WHY THE gently caress DOES EVERYONE DO THIS. THE RATS RUN FASTER THAN YOU.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

So I like the dwarf because he has so many weapons but I just realized that means that I am less likely to get each of his weapons I like

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

Digirat posted:

Level 165 and 260 players and they still abandon the rear guard at the end of enemy below. WHY THE gently caress DOES EVERYONE DO THIS. THE RATS RUN FASTER THAN YOU.

i managed to get through that entire gauntlet solo on nightmare once, as kruber. partially via booking it like a motherfucker.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Finally my second trinket. Not sure how to feel about bigger bombs with me starting nightmare.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's fine for regular bombs, the friendly fire damage they do on nightmare is very low outside of the center area. Firebombs are a bit more of a problem because they light people on fire no matter where they are in the blast radius, but in both cases the most damage a bomb can do is about a bar and a half of your health, out of 11.

If your bomb hurt someone but kept them from getting hit, it was still worth it.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
unless you drink a strength potion beforehand

then whoever you hit is pretty hosed up

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Does Haste improve reload speed? I just got a orange rifle with skull cracker, haste, and rupture. Are those good?

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011
skull cracker and rupture are, well, they're not really what a rifle needs, imo, since the rifle already kills most stuff in one hit and has penetration.

fast reload is what you want for sure.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

What sort of talents do I want to try to get on it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Honestly if an orange rifle gets Master Crafted (fastlod) it kinda doesn't need anything else.

• Locked thread