Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

absolutely anything posted:

Wario Land 3... bad.

Terminally Bored posted:

lovely Picross E

wow, mods??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
I would easily spend 65 gold coins on a SNES rom
because otherwise they will probably go to waste

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't have any gold coins because you get nothing for physical releases anymore.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't have any gold coins because you get nothing for physical releases anymore.

You should check out Rhythm Heaven Megamix and BoxBoxBoy

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I just found out I actually made a MyNintendo account and now Im getting Metroid II or Fusion for free. Decisions decisions...

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

elf help book posted:

You should check out Rhythm Heaven Megamix and BoxBoxBoy

I'll have to get the physical version of Rhythm Heaven in October

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

elf help book posted:

Rhythm Heaven Megamix

That's a retail game. In Europe.

How is Boxboxboy AKA Boxboy 2, though? The first one was pretty charming and clever.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

gently caress Europe.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

I've got 250 gold coins and some of them are from buying pilotwings.

And we don't get a Picross e, we get a small discount for Picross e.

Saoshyant posted:

How is Boxboxboy AKA Boxboy 2, though? The first one was pretty charming and clever.
Really nice. You keep every single costume from the first game, and you get the ability to summon two groups of boxes almost immediately.

SelenicMartian fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Jul 2, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'm going to get Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze with my Nintendo Gold Coins.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

I just found out I actually made a MyNintendo account and now Im getting Metroid II or Fusion for free. Decisions decisions...
I think Fusion's pretty underrated. Yeah, the action gets interrupted on occasion by a talky computer, but it's got some cool levels and the SA-X sequences are great.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

elf help book posted:

gently caress Europe.

An unfortunately common view over here.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

SelenicMartian posted:

Really nice. You keep every single costume from the first game, and you get the ability to summon two groups of boxes almost immediately.

Sounds like more Boxboy with no bad things added for the sake of making a sequel feel different. Works for me.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

elf help book posted:

gently caress Europe.

I didn't know that Nigel Farage posted here. I'm going to find a new forum.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think Fusion's pretty underrated. Yeah, the action gets interrupted on occasion by a talky computer, but it's got some cool levels and the SA-X sequences are great.

Definitely one of my favorite Metroid games. It is a linear, but that's not a bad thing. It changes up the series a bit.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

FactsAreUseless posted:

The SA-X looking at you, the player, is one of the few game moments that still freaks me a little even after multiple playthroughs.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I think it was looking at the security can through which your pov is in that scene

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

elf help book posted:

gently caress Europe.

Make America great again

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

greatn posted:

I think it was looking at the security can through which your pov is in that scene

"Villain looks at you the viewer and also the protagonist through the security camera" is a pretty common scene in horror films and thrillers.

In other words, you're both right.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

In Training posted:

Fusion is definitely a better choice. I love II but it's more annoying to play without a guide than Metroid NES imo.

Do not even ask
Apr 8, 2008

In Training posted:

Fusion, definitely. It's waaaaaay more polished than Metroid II, which is just as linear but you'll find yourself getting lost quite a bit due to the limited colour palette making environments look samey.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I've played both (Fusion a lot II once) and I'll probably pick up fusion again. But since I already have zero Mission id rather just play that again if I'm in a Metroid mood.

The Worst Bear
Jul 25, 2012

Do I look like a reasonable man to you, or a peppermint nightmare?
So what could the rationale be for points with an expiration date when the rewards are already so lackluster, wonder. I remember it being mentioned that Nintendo didn't want people to feel like they had to save points but... Isn't that the entire purpose of this type of system? Save points until you see something you want instead of spending it on whatever just because it's there? The only reason I ask is because I thought the expiration date only applied to platinum coins, but apparently gold will expire as well.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

nintendo

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I really like the rewards on offer this cycle...I just wish I didn't own most of them already! And I should have pulled the trigger on the Luigi's Mansion coupon before it rolled off.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well I'll get Wario land 3 I guess

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

I really like the rewards on offer this cycle...I just wish I didn't own most of them already! And I should have pulled the trigger on the Luigi's Mansion coupon before it rolled off.

Why do you not own Luigi's Mansion? It was a good title back when there were like 5 games.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Why do you not own Luigi's Mansion? It was a good title back when there were like 5 games.

I was a late adopter of the 3DS and just never got around to it. I want it, but there's just been so many other games in my backlog!

Manky
Mar 20, 2007

Fun Shoe

JesustheDarkLord posted:

Still a good title imo. I'll never pass up a chance to praise its multiplayer either.

e: vvv haha, I do like that.

Manky fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Jul 3, 2016

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Manky posted:

I'll never pass up a chance to praise its multiplayer either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJDjkMjkH1g

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of July 7):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Sudoku & Permadokut - €0.99 / £0.89
    Tap Tap Arcade 2 - €2.99 / £2.69
    Cube Life: Island Survival - €9.99 / £7.99
    Nova-111 - €9.99 / £7.99 (permanent price reduction)
WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €9.99 / £8.99 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for Wii U + 3DS
    Minecraft Battle Map Season Pass - €9.99 / £7.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Another World Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €2.35 / £2.15 until July 7
    Splatoon (Wii U) - "25% off" from July 7-14

3DS VIDEO DOWNLOADS
    Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS MENU THEMES (July 8)
    2D Dream Fever PolyphonicBranch - €1.99 / £1.79
    Happy Synthesizer/EasyPop - €1.99 / £1.79
    Love Trial/40mP - €1.99 / £1.79
    Senbonzakura/Kurousa - €1.99 / £1.79
    Winx Magic Summer - €1.99 / £1.79
    Hello Kitty Bicycle Love - €0.99 / £0.89
    Hello Kitty Cafe - €0.99 / £0.89
    Hello Kitty London Calling - €0.99 / £0.89
    Row Row Hello Kitty - €0.99 / £0.89
3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    Hyrule Warriors - Legends of Hyrule Season Pass - €14.99 / £13.49 for Wii U, €16.99 / £15.29 for 3DS + Wii U
    Fire Emblem Fates Map Pack 1 - (11 maps, released weekly) - €17.99 / £16.19
  • Fire Emblem Fates: Ballistician Blitz (Sighting Lens) - €1.99 / £1.79
  • Fire Emblem Fates: A Gift from Anna (Sighting Lens or Witch's Mark, only playable once) - free!
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Jett Rockett 2; The Wrath of Taikai (3DS eShop) - €6.70 / £5.70 until July 7
    Fairune (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.59 until July 7
    Another World Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €2.35 / £2.15 until July 7
    Shigeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains (3DS eShop) - €14.99 / £12.00 until July 7
    Mercenaries Saga 2 (3DS eShop) - €3.99 / £3.59 fromJuly 7-28

How's the Layton movie?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

The Layton movie is good.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's okay, I can't think of a worse way to watch it than a 4 inch low rez screen though

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

If you like the Layton games you should watch the Layton movie.

Sarchasm
Apr 14, 2002

So that explains why he did not answer. He had no mouth to answer with. There is nothing left of him but his ears.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

How's the Layton movie?

It's alright! The puzzles are more like riddles, but that's kind of a nitpicky complaint. I watched it with another fan of the series and we both enjoyed it.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

PAL update (week of July 7):

How's the Layton movie?

what happened to your avatar

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Looper posted:

D&D is scary.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Looper posted:

The Australian federal election happened.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
My birthday is later this month and I just got my My Nintendo birthday coupon. It's listed as a "Just For You" offer, so I have no idea how universal this list is, but I get 30% off my choice of one of the following games:

Wii U
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Yoshi's Woolly World
Super Mario Maker
Splatoon
Mario Party 10
Captain Toad Treasure Trackers

3DS
Mario & Luigi Paper Jam
Pokemon Super Mystery Dungeon
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Puzzle & Dragons Super Mario Bros. Edition
Super Smash Bros
Kirby Triple Deluxe
Mario Kart 7
New Super Mario Bros. 2

I own everything on the list except for Super Mystery Dungeon and Puzzle & Dragon....any suggestions on which I should get?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Super Mystery Dungeon is good, way better than the other 3DS PMD