Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

There's a new space game called 3001SQ that has programmable ships and components. They're begging for coins on ks at the moment.

This is my kind of sperg.
Also, looks like Notch's failed 0x10c pipe dream, only less ugly.

e: cattedogge conglomerate

https://www.thedodo.com/raven-woodhouse-dog-picks-shelter-cat-1890834865.html

orcinus fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jul 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

his nibs posted:

I compared ED Alpha to that janky crap tech demo to some chat dude, and Twerk has a mini meltdown

:sandance:

Tell him to calm down, or else Peter will go for a third.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:argh:

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I said don't have a meltdown dude, and he actually went "ok calm, calm"

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO CALM DOWN SUCH A MAD BEAST?!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

his nibs posted:

I said don't have a meltdown dude, and he actually went "ok calm, calm"

lol, tell him he'll never be as popular as Major Tom.

AngusPodgorny
Jun 3, 2004

Please to be restful, it is only a puffin that has from the puffin place outbroken.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Lando mentions that one of the reasons for this reformatting is to move the focus away from "personalities" and focus more on the game. He says that earlier on, when they didn't have much game to show, they emphasized the prominent "CIG characters" like Chris and Ben and Sandi because it would give people a sense of the vision behind the game that would eventually made. Now things are different, they are in "prime time" and the focus will be more on the game itself.

Which is interesting of course because there is no actual game to focus on. This is something Sandi, who Lando points out is the architect behind the reformatting, probably isn't all that aware of, nor does it make a difference to her either way. The important thing is that now Chris and Sandi won't be as closely tied to the public face of this project. Along with the ToS changes and the recent shift from "CIG" to "RSI", the outlines of an escape hatch are forming.
It could very well be a legal maneuver to try and keep Chris, Sandi, and Ben out of depositions. None of them are charismatic and they all fumble under the friendliest of pre-selected questions, so I don’t think there’s any amount of witness prep that would make CIG want them getting questioned. If they were buried deep enough within the corporate structure they’d be safe because a lawyer couldn’t necessarily get to them since the company gets to pick who the corporate rep is, not the plaintiff. (At least in the U.S., I have no idea how litigation works anywhere else.)

Of course, it’s CIG, so they’ve made years of material representations to customers, so it’s a bit late to keep them from being fact witnesses. Oops, should have asked a competent litigator for advice earlier.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

:ohdear:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Jobbo_Fett posted:

WHAT WILL IT TAKE TO CALM DOWN SUCH A MAD BEAST?!

The release of Star Citizen. We're doomed.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

lol, tell him he'll never be as popular as Major Tom.

I already left on a high

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

has anyone said "Derek Smart Was Right" yet?

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer
I for one am glad of it

http://thebrexitplan.com/

:eonwe::kayak::eonwe:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
What would it take to calm down Peter "Maniac" Gabriel?

We should crowdsource this so that CIG, eternal watchers of this thread, will be able to implement these quickly and efficiently.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Peter "Madman" Gabriel

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Major "Anger Issues" Tom

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Major "Anger Issues" Tom

Major Issues

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

Erenthal posted:

I gave reading those books a serious try but I came out more confused on the other end of what had happened in them. And I like vague and mystical stories in general.

Im like halfway through em and i still get confused sometimes. Very good though

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Peter "Nagi" Gabriel

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

pgabz i warned you to use your powers responsibly!!!

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

The Kins posted:

Man, not even ROCKSTAR make full-on movie sets for their mocap stuff.

so many loving dunces here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

so many loving dunces here.

"Here" as in "in this thread"?

"Here" as in "in that photo"?

"Here" as in "just your post, you loving dunce"?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Sperglord posted:

Hope you like it.

I'm trying to find an online military sci-fi 'short-story.' The premise is that there is a soldier fighting in a war between humans and alien bugs. The only element which I remember was that everyone was given a watch which kept perfect time in every environment. I read this years ago and am trying to find it again.

That sounds vaguely familiar.
Was it something from the late 60s?
Harlan Ellison, maybe?

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster
Major "Hulk" Tom

Lazrin
Apr 13, 2016

THEN HE SAID..NO WAIT, LISTEN. THEN HE SAID 3.0 IS COMING OUT BY DEC 19TH 2016
:laffo:

Fat Shat Sings posted:

We make fun of Derek as much as anywhere else, we just do it in a good natured way and are cool with him. We don't have to pretend he is some kind of Arch Demon to dispel our doubts in a deluded fantasy world that will never happen.

We were also having public callouts in GBS about Star Citizen years before Derek got involved, But yeah the people that invented making fun of Derek Smart are somehow spellbound by his presence.

OR, hypothetically, work with me here bro, Star Citizen is deserving of being mocked and people don't really have to have a reason other than Star Citizen itself to mock it?

thats the thing. there's no reason to be good natured or cool with him. star citizen or not, he's worthless, broken human being. he clearly has some mental issues, and the hangers on in this thread are of a slight enough mind to follow someone like that.

smart is your leader wether you like it or not, and that is embarrassing and sad even for goons. this isn't comedy, it's a cult. sound familiar?

star citizen as a project is not likely to finish in the way backers are hoping and you don't have to be a genius or read any word smart makes up to know that. he's captain obvious and you goons slobber all over him

this thread exposes just how far down at the bottom of the barrel some people are... and it has nothing to do with star citizen.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Major "Stalin" Tom

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

Dream Factory
Grimey Drawer

Lazrin posted:

thats the thing. there's no reason to be good natured or cool with him. star citizen or not, he's worthless, broken human being. he clearly has some mental issues, and the hangers on in this thread are of a slight enough mind to follow someone like that.

smart is your leader wether you like it or not, and that is embarrassing and sad even for goons. this isn't comedy, it's a cult. sound familiar?

star citizen as a project is not likely to finish in the way backers are hoping and you don't have to be a genius or read any word smart makes up to know that. he's captain obvious and you goons slobber all over him

this thread exposes just how far down at the bottom of the barrel some people are... and it has nothing to do with star citizen.

Hello comedy forum member. Please say something unintentionally funny.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Lazrin posted:

:ironicat:
:ironicat::ironicat:
:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:
:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:
:ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat::ironicat:

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe
https://youtu.be/nTi8jw86-_s

If you're a software dev, watch this.
If you're not, and have an hour to spare for listening, watch it too.

The bits about the earned dogmatism effect, hedgehog experts and hero worship are particularly illuminating and very applicable to the Star Citizen shitshow as well.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:allears:

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

Lazrin posted:

:anime:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I'm the person who isn't a broken individual, clearly has no agenda, and tries to make everything about Derek Smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART posting about how everyone else is just that.

Also I'm not a huge loving dunce.

Who am I?

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Vodkahead posted:

I'm sure I was beaten 10 pages ago but...you're looking for David Brin The Practice Effect

Thank you, commando, alphabettitouretti already rescued me from my failybrain misery.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How mad must you be at an internet Warlord to constantly post about how he's some venerable leader of the people?

Have you tried yoga, Lazrin?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Lazrin posted:

I was angry earlier then I read this and now I am lolling

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

Centripetal Horse posted:

There is a thread for this. Here is that thread. It could use some activity.

But the sofas are so much better here.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

Lazrin posted:

Down with Derek, Long live team Sandi!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Star Citizen is poo poo whether you like it or not.

"I'll tell you what you like, you like Derek Smart, because you drones have no free will. I bet all of you only hate Star Citizen because of Derek Smart. Let me tell you about why Derek Smart is a bad man. You see, Derek Smart, it all started many moons ago when you, Derek Smart, started making videogames and thought of yourself, Dr PHD'ed Derek Smartacus, as a hot-shot developer who didn't have to follow the rules. Hell, you, Derek Smart, were so arrogant that you made up your own set of rules named after yourself, Derek Smart.

You all make me sick. But especially you Derek Smart."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'll easily go weeks without thinkin bout Derek until one of these obsessed oddballs mentions him, imagine being so all consumed by someone that you mention them, unprompted, on forums and youtube etc daily :lol:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
peter "anger issues council" gabriel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

MilesK posted:

Down with Derek, Long live team Sandi!

Hell yeah