Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Konomex posted:

He was number 1 and the greens have one quota on first preference senate votes so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
man-date. :gay:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

loving RIP Australia

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Suck on that, Kerry O'Brien - Leigh Sales

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Turnbull seriously just spent 15 minutes whinging about labor lol. Such a weird "victory" speech.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
RIP endman. Fingers crossed for Batman for you.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

Anybody checked out Catallaxy?

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
Lol Suck on that Kerry O'Brien

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...
Suck on that Kerry O'Brien. No definitive results until Tuesday.

See you next Tuesday.

Ler
Mar 23, 2005

I believe...
Green said there will probably be 5 more seats in doubt for the lnp, I guess that makes me more hopefuly. wont know for sure until Tuesday it seems..

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
This is fun, I like this.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
Woah I got a new avatar!! So election-drunk I'm impressed at this new bling, cheers dickward.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

RIP endman. Fingers crossed for Batman for you.

At least I'll get rid of this avatar

evilbastard
Mar 6, 2003

Hair Elf

Ler posted:

Green said there will probably be 5 more seats in doubt for the lnp, I guess that makes me more hopefuly. wont know for sure until Tuesday it seems..

AEC is saying that based on pure counts, no preference flow calculations, it's 56-56, with 14 seats leaning Labor,12 leaning Coalition, and 7 unable to be called.

Mola Yam
Jun 18, 2004

Kali Ma Shakti de!
C
U
Next
Tuesday

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

:siren: AEC has the LNP at 56+12, and the ALP at 56+14, 5 other, 7 undecided :siren:

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Holy poo poo some dumb arse that tried to piss me off with this avatar put Scotty Ludz in there, you just made my loving day.

I am actually very happy to have the god drat man on my avatar, so thank you for this awesome gift to replace my hosed up pony avatar LC got me.

GO SCOTTY LUDS YOU loving CHAMPION, EAT COCK LIBERALS BECAUSE i KNOW YOU HATE THAT poo poo AND I loving HATE YOU

#CHAOTICELECTION

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:
I ended up switching off when the abc brought in a new panel

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
I can assure you we will be able to form a majority government. :smugicide:

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli
Picking through the Guardian map with a pinch of salt and head of booze it could be ALP on a final tally 68 to 70 as there's five major seats that are being contested and others which could shift back by 0.5%. This kids is why you don't decorate your form with dicks.

Or the Ipsos poll that showed a 2 seat Lab win actually rings true and Turnbull is well and truly hoisted by his own petard.

As Greene said earlier on this isn't quite like 2010 when it was a near deadlock of Parliament where both sides had even numbers and a majority was needed via the independents, who laughed off the Liberals idea of a budget and went with Gillard. I'm not sure how well you can convince a Governor General to give you another go because of "lying labor" but it's going to be harder to instigate a plot like Slippergate in an attempt to destabilise the government.

From the looks of Turnbulls vicious speech there'll be a very vindictive minority gov of Libs out for blood which isn't going to do much in bringing about a charm offensive to curry about six Indies to convince the GG that you are fit to govern.

Digiwizzard
Dec 23, 2003

Pork Pro
Hope is a mistake

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
What in the name of God is happening

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

NTRabbit posted:

:siren: AEC has the LNP at 56+12, and the ALP at 56+14, 5 other, 7 undecided :siren:

Look at the undecided though. You can't use the AEC numbers for predicting because they're based on a pure count of who's ahead. They are not a predictive model at all.

Barker, SA - legitimately contested between the Libs and NXT
Cowper, NSW - Hartsuyker(LNP) has 46.36% of primary
Durack, WA - Lib has 42%, Nat has 16% of primary
Grayndler - Albanese is going to hold for ALP
Grey, SA - Legitimately contested between Libs and NXT
Higgins, VIC - O'Dwyer has 49% of primary for the Libs
O'Connor, WA - Libs with 42%, Nats with 19%

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
If the libs had to win, this is how I'd want them to win. Turnbull banked on a senate that would support his poo poo and a HoR that would give him a mandate. He got neither. The only way he's going to hold on to his job now is if his party decides the electorate can't take another change of PM after a year. That's it. It's all he's got. Glorious.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Digiwizzard posted:

Hope is a mistake

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Starshark posted:

If the libs had to win, this is how I'd want them to win. Turnbull banked on a senate that would support his poo poo and a HoR that would give him a mandate. He got neither. The only way he's going to hold on to his job now is if his party decides the electorate can't take another change of PM after a year. That's it. It's all he's got. Glorious.

Housing bubble crashes.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

I was glad to spend my night with a bunch of good friends, we were celebrating before a few of my friends head overseas for a few months.

Even better was that out of the 15-20 friends around, all but one voted for Greens and most voting Labor second and leaving out Libs and all those horrendous parties. Only one out of 20ish voted for a few questionable parties with the worst being the sex party, so I am pretty happy with those 95% amazing voting appointments.

I'm drunk, our political system is poo poo and hosed and bad.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
AEC has Labor at 70, LNP at 68

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Man I love talking to my dad about politics

Yell at me more about how unions are ruining the country when the man standing before you (your son) nearly died almost a year ago to the day because of a negligent corporation with dodgy illegal practices. Yell at me more about how the lnp aren't going to poo poo on medicare despite introducing the sick tax, when you yourself are too tight to afford medication for the pair of strokes you had in the last year. God dam you are thick.

VodeAndreas
Apr 30, 2009

What the gently caress was going on with those speeches from the leaders, Bill was calm and congratulatory, Malcolm was pissed off and ranting... Malcolm's so screwed.

gg no re.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Redcordial posted:

I was glad to spend my night with a bunch of good friends, we were celebrating before a few of my friends head overseas for a few months.

Even better was that out of the 15-20 friends around, all but one voted for Greens and most voting Labor second and leaving out Libs and all those horrendous parties. Only one out of 20ish voted for a few questionable parties with the worst being the sex party, so I am pretty happy with those 95% amazing voting appointments.

I'm drunk, our political system is poo poo and hosed and bad.

I had a good matey day today too. My mates and I went to Narrogin on Friday night and bought 28 lambs off an old cocky who was happy because he was paid about double the farm gate price and he sill killed them halal because some of us are filthy mussos. We then drove up to Pinjarra and butcherd them at 6am this morning. We dumped the truck full of meat outside the local primary school and then went and voted absentee. We drove to Perth and made sure all the oldies we were related to had a stack of lamb then headed back home in Margaret River.

Got home by 11am and then cooked eight hour lamb ribs.

Hail Satan

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
If you end up just giving all of the guardian's undecided's to whoever is ahead currently you end up with:

Labor: 71
Coalition: 73
Katter: 1
Greens: 1
NXT: 2
Wilkie
McGowan

If that were the result:

Greens and Wilkie will always side with Labor: 73
Katter will always side with the Coalition: 74

So you have NXT and McGowan, the Coalition just need the NXT, Labor need both the NXT and McGowan.

Xenophon is a complete and utter fuckwit, so I don't have any difficulty imagining him trading a Turnbull government for some sort of token reform on gambling.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

bowmore posted:

AEC has Labor at 70, LNP at 68

god drat this loving election has been a rollercoaster

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Anybody checked out Catallaxy?

For no reason at all, the owner decided to upgrade the CMS software, and caused an outage sometime after 1.5k election thread posts. :iiam:

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

This is probably my third favourite Australian election.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
That you've voted in?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

ewe2 posted:

For no reason at all, the owner decided to upgrade the CMS software, and caused an outage sometime after 1.5k election thread posts. :iiam:

Gosh, was it after this comment?

quote:

Turnbull must resign at once!

… so he won’t. Until he is executed.

Remember Krudd was executed because he had no factional powerbase. The klepto’s only “powerbase” is the renewable subsidy-mining gangsters for whom he is now a lame-duck liability.

Surely not!!!

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

"Pauline Hanson is Nigel Farage in drag"

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Turnbal won't get the boot. Remember he effectively prevented the party from an Abbott wipe out. The DD was dumb, but they would have been creaned under Abbott, it's the same government.

• Locked thread