Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Praise be to allah there's a kebab shop in Mitcham still open at this hour

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
How many Greens Senators are out, roughly?

Lizard Combatant posted:

That you've voted in?

Yeah, also for entertainment value. 2007 and 2010 are hard to beat though.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

If you end up just giving all of the guardian's undecided's to whoever is ahead currently you end up with:

Labor: 71
Coalition: 73
Katter: 1
Greens: 1
NXT: 2
Wilkie
McGowan

If that were the result:

Greens and Wilkie will always side with Labor: 73
Katter will always side with the Coalition: 74

So you have NXT and McGowan, the Coalition just need the NXT, Labor need both the NXT and McGowan.

Xenophon is a complete and utter fuckwit, so I don't have any difficulty imagining him trading a Turnbull government for some sort of token reform on gambling.

I can see Xenophon offering supply to Turnbull, but offering legislative support is a poison pill in SA. He'd lose what little he's gained.
I have absolutely no idea what McGowan will do. I also think you're being a tad presumptive on Katter.

I don't think that the Labor party will actually form government. What I do think is that if the Liberal party might struggle to get to 77.

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Yeah, also for entertainment value. 2007 and 2010 are hard to beat though.

2007 was the best election ever.
Howard losing his seat, a bunch of Liberal ministers losing their seats and a bunch of Liberal members crying on live TV. It's pretty loving hard to top that poo poo.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

Spacman posted:

I had a good matey day today too. My mates and I went to Narrogin on Friday night and bought 28 lambs off an old cocky who was happy because he was paid about double the farm gate price and he sill killed them halal because some of us are filthy mussos. We then drove up to Pinjarra and butcherd them at 6am this morning. We dumped the truck full of meat outside the local primary school and then went and voted absentee. We drove to Perth and made sure all the oldies we were related to had a stack of lamb then headed back home in Margaret River.

Got home by 11am and then cooked eight hour lamb ribs.

Hail Satan

Yeah same, evidently.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
I wonder what the price paid on spitefully-purchased avatars in AusPol is compared to the Liberals campaign donations this election.

Probably pretty close?

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Schlesische posted:

Howard losing his seat, a bunch of Liberal ministers losing their seats and a bunch of Liberal members crying on live TV. It's pretty loving hard to top that poo poo.

Oh poo poo I jacked off so hard to that election it was the last time I ever felt optimistic about Australian politics.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'm more worried about the senate at the moment.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Doctor Spaceman posted:

How many Greens Senators are out, roughly?

SA has definitely lost at least one, currently only 0.73 on first preference

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Schlesische posted:

I can see Xenophon offering supply to Turnbull, but offering legislative support is a poison pill in SA. He'd lose what little he's gained.
I have absolutely no idea what McGowan will do. I also think you're being a tad presumptive on Katter.

I don't think that the Labor party will actually form government. What I do think is that if the Liberal party might struggle to get to 77.

76 gives you 76-74 so you can successfully elect a speaker, then you have a 75-74 majority to pass legislation.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
How the gently caress can there be a swing against the Greens in the senate in NSW, I thought we were the slightly-less-moronic state.

Spacman
Mar 18, 2014

Bargearse posted:

Praise be to allah الحمد لله رب العالم there's a kebab shop in Mitcham still open at this hour

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Starshark posted:

How the gently caress can there be a swing against the Greens in the senate in NSW, I thought we were the slightly-less-moronic state.

Lol. NSW sucks, southern states (and NT) are where it's at.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Redcordial posted:

Holy poo poo some dumb arse that tried to piss me off with this avatar put Scotty Ludz in there, you just made my loving day.

I am actually very happy to have the god drat man on my avatar, so thank you for this awesome gift to replace my hosed up pony avatar LC got me.

GO SCOTTY LUDS YOU loving CHAMPION, EAT COCK LIBERALS BECAUSE i KNOW YOU HATE THAT poo poo AND I loving HATE YOU

#CHAOTICELECTION

It wasn't a troll, I replaced your lovely pony-tar with sexy Ludlam for you.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm more worried about the senate at the moment.

It's going to be rainbow of parties, except all the colours are white.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
AEC now currently claims ALP one seat ahead!

BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Solemn Sloth posted:

If you end up just giving all of the guardian's undecided to whoever is ahead currently you end up with:
I suspect Batman might end up Green so by your numbers that's 74/74. (excluding indie)
Sharkie (Nick is senate) is a former Lib, however given her vote was for anti Lib she might join into a bloc with McGowan for Labor to not piss off her new support base. So Labor reaches 76 and votes in a speaker leaving them at 75/74.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Gridlocked posted:

AEC now currently claims ALP one seat ahead!

If you look at the ABC numbers, they do too.
There 11 in doubt, of those 6 are leaning Labor and 5 are leaning Liberal. They shoved several more of the Liberal pile into the in doubt pile.

Comstar
Apr 20, 2007

Are you happy now?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-02/has-antony-green-called-the-election-yet/7560994

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > Auspol has-antony-green-called-the-election-yet: NO

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Comstar posted:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-07-02/has-antony-green-called-the-election-yet/7560994

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > Auspol: has Antony Green lost his mind yet: MAYBE

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum

Comstar posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > Auspol has-antony-green-called-the-election-yet: I DON'T KNOW

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
I'm calling it.

For the fascists!

Who won't pay for this rug that got pissed on.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Starshark posted:

Hey do you just not listen to Victoria. We've been say NSW sucks for years.

This is just yet more proof a top ample other. :colbert:

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

dr_rat posted:

Hey do you just not listen to Victoria, we've been say NSW sucks for years.

This is just more proof a top ample other. :colbert:

I'm going to be a world-famous film director and I'm going to totally move to Melbourne when I can afford it. I just thought NSW wasn't so knuckle-dragging.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

dr_rat posted:

Hey do you just not listen to Victoria, we've been say NSW sucks for years.

This is just more proof a top ample other. :colbert:

Queensland has also been saying that for years and agreeing with those hicks is always a dangerous proposition.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

The Greens in SA will bounce back once they put a worthwhile candidate at the top of the Senate ticket, but a member in the lower house is going to take a whole lot longer

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Solemn Sloth posted:

Look at the undecided though. You can't use the AEC numbers for predicting because they're based on a pure count of who's ahead. They are not a predictive model at all.

Barker, SA - legitimately contested between the Libs and NXT
Cowper, NSW - Hartsuyker(LNP) has 46.36% of primary
Durack, WA - Lib has 42%, Nat has 16% of primary
Grayndler - Albanese is going to hold for ALP
Grey, SA - Legitimately contested between Libs and NXT
Higgins, VIC - O'Dwyer has 49% of primary for the Libs
O'Connor, WA - Libs with 42%, Nats with 19%

I might be wrong but those seats are mostly decided and the only reason they are in that column is because of the differences between last election and this election as to who features in the final 2pp.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
That fat mutant bastard Christensen seems like (well, more than 'seems like' he IS) he's going to keep his seat, but there's a fairly substantial swing against him. That's right you fat gently caress. You're on notice.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

NTRabbit posted:

The Greens in SA will bounce back once they put a worthwhile candidate at the top of the Senate ticket, but a member in the lower house is going to take a whole lot longer

I dont see how SHY doesnt get over the line in South Australia. I wouldnt want to bet my life on it but I feel the greens are a solid chance at picking up one of the last 2 spots in SA.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Schlesische posted:

If you look at the ABC numbers, they do too.
There 11 in doubt, of those 6 are leaning Labor and 5 are leaning Liberal. They shoved several more of the Liberal pile into the in doubt pile.

:D

Comstar posted:

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Debate & Discussion: You Are Racist > Auspol has-antony-green-called-the-election-yet: NO

Yes

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I might be wrong but those seats are mostly decided and the only reason they are in that column is because of the differences between last election and this election as to who features in the final 2pp.

Yeah, exactly. The AEC bases on who is currently in the lead. They can't do that properly when the two parties it contests between are different from last election because it fucks up their provisionary 2pp count. Don't look at the AEC "seats in doubt" as any sort of commentary.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

hooman posted:

It wasn't a troll, I replaced your lovely pony-tar with sexy Ludlam for you.

You serious? If so than holy poo poo, I can't thank you enough. I really appreciate it, that's nice.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I'm still flabbergasted about Pauline Hanson

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
I mean like lmao this person had like 30 people at her campaign launch just what gently caress

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Starshark posted:

I'm going to be a world-famous film director and I'm going to totally move to Melbourne when I can afford it. I just thought NSW wasn't so knuckle-dragging.

Nah, they drink their double iced soy half and half, cappuccino lattes unironically in a finance industry way, which means they vote family first because their assholes, Unlike the cool Melbourne hipsters who drink it ironically and vote green.

I know nothing about coffee or AFL, everything above is probably wrong. Please don't tell anyone or Melbourne will ex-communicate me

Blurred
Aug 26, 2004

WELL I WONNER WHAT IT'S LIIIIIKE TO BE A GOOD POSTER
Nearly 10 millions votes counted only 8,000 votes difference on the 2pp: lnp 50.04 / alp 49.96. Surely the closest election ever?

upsidedown
Dec 30, 2008

Lizard Combatant posted:

Turnbal won't get the boot. Remember he effectively prevented the party from an Abbott wipe out. The DD was dumb, but they would have been creaned under Abbott, it's the same government.

I choose to believe that wasn't a typo.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Recoome posted:

It really is sad, and frustrating, and extremely hosed up. I blame Queensland, and I'mm sorry to say that, but gently caress!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I spent the afternoon in seclusion with a bunch of mates drinking and acting like drat fools on a property out in the country hoping that when I checked back in a 2am, the whole thing would be decided and I could go to sleep, because election coverage just kills me. Which hefty spiked dildo is going to gently caress me up the arse for the next four years, precious?

Turns out, poo poo's all 50-50 and it's more hilarious than I could ever have hoped.

Poor, born to rule LNP must be gnashing their teeth.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Recoome posted:

Sorry, I'm out of the loop here - is she dead? I'm okay with her being dead. Please tell me she's dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Blurred posted:

Nearly 10 millions votes counted only 8,000 votes difference on the 2pp: lnp 50.04 / alp 49.96. Surely the closest election ever?

The closest election I can find after 0.0001 seconds on google is https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_federal_election,_1961

And it seems this one is closer than that, so far!

• Locked thread