Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

Matthew Stafford's gonna get the next biggest contract.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Tyrod's contract comes up next year and the Bills actually have money to burn after this year's salarycapocalypse.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Febreeze posted:

Philip has to spend most of it on his island of children

Eli...has a good reason that may be explored soon enough

Lol if you think Archie actually increases Eli's allowance when his salary goes up.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

Tyrod's contract comes up next year and the Bills actually have money to burn after this year's salarycapocalypse.

The Niners will have more cap space than God, no QBs under contract except Driskell and Chip Kelly.

Come to me, TyGod.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Spoeank posted:

The Niners will have more cap space than God, no QBs under contract except Driskell and Chip Kelly.

Come to me, TyGod.

Yeah, about Chip Kelly and Tyrod...

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

The weak NFL Elite Money cannot hope to stand up the Cash Death Star that is Mike Conley.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I just listened to the new Intentional Sounding when driving to Jersey and am disappointed I did not get to participate in the sports ranking. I have strong opinions on this topic and you all fail at appreciating NASCAR :colbert:

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
God forbid I defend NASCAR in any real capacity, but it's the type of thing you tune in for a second, watch for two minutes to see who's in what place, stick around a minute more if someone's actually passing someone, and then tune away before tuning back in and seeing the standings again. It's the sports equivalent of checking the stock market, it's really not that bad.

Golf is unwatchable bullshit.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Probably Magic posted:

God forbid I defend NASCAR in any real capacity, but it's the type of thing you tune in for a second, watch for two minutes to see who's in what place, stick around a minute more if someone's actually passing someone, and then tune away before tuning back in and seeing the standings again. It's the sports equivalent of checking the stock market, it's really not that bad.

Golf is unwatchable bullshit.

Sonoma last week was the only race I've watched in its entirety in forever, but it was a road course and those are usually fun.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I just listened to the new Intentional Sounding when driving to Jersey and am disappointed I did not get to participate in the sports ranking. I have strong opinions on this topic and you all fail at appreciating NASCAR :colbert:

where in Jersey

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

ComfyPants posted:

Sonoma last week was the only race I've watched in its entirety in forever, but it was a road course and those are usually fun.

I'm going to the Honda 200 at Mid Ohio at the end of the month

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Alaois posted:

where in Jersey

Gloucester City

ComfyPants posted:

Road courses are always the races that sound the most interesting in theory but end up the dullest in practice.

Give me a Bristol or Martinsville anyday

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Gloucester City

Road courses are always the races that sound the most interesting in theory but end up the dullest in practice.

Give me a Bristol or Martinsville anyday

oh south jersey, RIP

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Alaois posted:

oh south jersey, RIP

I passed a rodeo, two cowboy boot stores, and a house with a giant confederate flag

Is there a reason no one in South Jersey has ever looked at a map?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Febreeze you should do another Fort Money comic next week but this time about how rotation players in the NBA are getting more money guaranteed than anyone in the NFL

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Mel Mudkiper posted:

I passed a rodeo, two cowboy boot stores, and a house with a giant confederate flag

we call it South Jersey for a reason, and not just because it's the south of the state

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

IcePhoenix posted:

Febreeze you should do another Fort Money comic next week but this time about how rotation players in the NBA are getting more money guaranteed than anyone in the NFL

Tax the NBA players to pay for retired NFL players' medical expenses.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Mel Mudkiper posted:

It's even more shameful when I see them in West Virginia. You're only a state because you didn't want that thing!

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

MechaFrogzilla posted:

It's even more shameful when I see them in West Virginia. You're only a state because you didn't want that thing!

The one time in history West Virginia was more civilized than the rest of America

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
More...he heh...more like *giggles* Worst Virginia

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

sam bradford lmao posted:

More...he heh...more like *giggles* Worst Virginia

Next time you change your name make it "one big misteak" btw

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I was thinking "RG3's acl"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I went to WV for a wedding and it was pretty nice. Their liquor laws are weird as gently caress but they got to fire off fireworks at the wedding so that was cool.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

West Virginia is awesome. They've got the National Radio Astronomy Observatory.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

West Virginia Best Virginia

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
http://www.thescore.com/nfl/news/1053070-texans-propose-new-nfl-logo-featuring-nude-wilfork

Texans want to change the NFL Logo to include the nude Vince Wilfork of the Sports Illustrated "Body Issue"

Let's make this happen.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Spoeank posted:

Their liquor laws are weird as gently caress

Try PA

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

It's loving bullshit out here.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Happy State Holiday so you literally are not allowed to buy Hard Liqour anywhere day

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Happy State Holiday so you literally are not allowed to buy Hard Liqour anywhere day

Looks like I have to go to Maryland for booze.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Bristol is insanely good fun because the cars at the end are driving without hoods, completely messed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuZmaNx-W5k

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Bristol is insanely good fun because the cars at the end are driving without hoods, completely messed up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuZmaNx-W5k

All hail Bristol king of tracks

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

This has come up before, and PA sounds like MN. Alcohol in liquor stores only, closed by 10, and not on Sundays.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

Lt. Frank Drebin posted:

This has come up before, and PA sounds like MN. Alcohol in liquor stores only, closed by 10, and not on Sundays.

If you are including beer, then yes.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Flikken posted:

If you are including beer, then yes.

Grocery stores and gas stations can sell beer and poo poo like Bartles and James up to 3.2% abw (which equates to 4% abv). Real beer, wine, and liquor are all limited to liquor stores. The liquor stores are privately owned, though, so they're not closed on federal holidays, unless the holiday is on a Sunday.

One year ago, Minneapolis and St. Paul did start allowing growler sales from breweries on Sundays, and apparently they sell like loving mad with no decrease in sales on other days of the week. There are also a shitload of special rules about breweries vs. tap-houses and what food they are allowed to sell, if any. Those rules are also just starting to get lightened a little bit, mostly due to Surly pushing for change.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Georgia recently dropped it's Sunday sales law, and I couldn't be happier. My big, fat, white, Republican governor has signed and vetoed some very good bills in the last few years.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Chilichimp posted:

Georgia recently dropped it's Sunday sales law, and I couldn't be happier. My big, fat, white, Republican governor has signed and vetoed some very good bills in the last few years.

It sounds like you got a good Deal :haw:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

CannonFodder posted:

It sounds like you got a good Deal :haw:

That's literally the only image I could find of him laughing. Go ahead. GIS "Nathan Deal Laughing". The number of lovely frown or grimace faces will probably get you laughing.

No joke, though, as far as Republicans Governors go... we got "one of the good'uns". Mostly because he's not aspiring to be president and doesn't politicize loving EVERYTHING. He vetos lovely laws passed by the legislature, and he passes good poo poo like Sunday sales. He's done some gross poo poo too, but he's about as good as this state is gonna get for a while. The backlash against him for being "so lib" is going to propel some right-wing nut into the governors mansion soon, I'm sure.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jul 5, 2016

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Chilichimp posted:

Georgia recently dropped it's Sunday sales law, and I couldn't be happier.

Until you want to go have brunch at 11am on Sunday and the restaurants can't serve until 1230pm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

ulmont posted:

Until you want to go have brunch at 11am on Sunday and the restaurants can't serve until 1230pm.

Is that why Sunday Brunch goes to ???'s in Georgia?

• Locked thread