Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

daslog posted:

A lot of crying about the curbs today. Either build a stronger car or don't run them over. Bunch of babies.

LOL watching some highlights. More tracks need these curbs this is great

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
I saw the Kvyat crash. Not a proper penalty for going slightly wide. With walls you know what you're getting into, it's not like they expected curbs to do this. If they all slow down cause of the curbing people will whine that the drivers are being held back from driving the car like they should be able to.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

nsaP posted:

I saw the Kvyat crash. Not a proper penalty for going slightly wide. With walls you know what you're getting into, it's not like they expected curbs to do this. If they all slow down cause of the curbing people will whine that the drivers are being held back from driving the car like they should be able to.

It's not the curb's fault. The cars are too fragile to be able to handle the slightest bump. The drivers just need to drive better.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

1500quidporsche posted:

I can't wait to see how many suspension retires we get in the race.

Gonna be 0, we got hyped over Well Done Baku's walls and nothing happened

1500quidporsche posted:

To be fair that was the original solution and it was a bit of a farce. They have to do this or randomly delete a third of the lap times.

Drivers somehow managed to stay in on the wet...

learnincurve posted:

Define lifted? Lifting from the highest setting to slow to the second highest setting and getting a personal best in the sector won't cut it with Charlie.

Hello, I am posting with the benefit with hindsight

Carth Dookie posted:

Button lives for this kind of poo poo.

Hell yeah, "Are" Jenson "Jense" "The Gent" "Moistmaster" Button in P3!

abraham linksys posted:

that's the first qualifying i've ever watched and that all was extremely good and cool

I may have thrown my arms in the air when Hulk came across the line because I didn't know flying laps counted, but still, second position!!!!

You picked an incredibly good one, sorry it's downhill from here

learnincurve posted:

If hulk gets a penalty Jenson P loving two!

Hello again, couldn't resist

daslog posted:

A lot of crying about the curbs today. Either build a stronger car or don't run them over. Bunch of babies.

No you don't understand, the cars have to be this delicate to be competitive, allowing drivers to run over the kerbs is the only answer

nsaP posted:

They've had P1 P2 and P3 to know what they're getting into, and also probably had a heads up before Friday. I don't know exactly when the ring was redone (but I'd love to see a source should anyone have one) but everyone is racing to the same limits, the ones that gently caress themselves are 100% themselves to blame

Nice.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Also can I just say that the best part about Whirlybird is that he was consistent between Q1 and Q2

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

1500quidporsche posted:

lol Seb getting a little pissy there.

I like how Jenson was all like "you can't really depend on the track having the same grip level as from the last lap because the track gets more and more grip each lap, so you just have to feel how much grip you have to see how fast you can take the corner" and Seb was all "well I was too conservative because I remembered the grip level from the last lap and took the corner based on that but the track had dried a bit more and there was more grip available"

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Its a shame Jenson is only going to have a single WDC while a shitlord like Lewis is going to have like 5.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll
Are Jense in P3 :allears:

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Best quali in years!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

El Hefe posted:

Its a shame Jenson is only going to have a single WDC while a shitlord like Lewis is going to have like 5.

at least jenson will win his second with williams next year

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Why don't the greatest drivers in the world you know not go wide?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Slow smug smirk

http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/fia-not-planning-any-changes-to-red-bull-ring-kerbs-794949/

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx

quote:

Max Verstappen says fan criticisms that Formula 1 drivers should just be staying away from kerbs are unfair, and they would not be saying such things if they understood what it was like to drive the cars.

:lol:

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

Lewis loves coming from behind that's for sure

I like you today

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

El Hefe posted:

I REALLY like you today

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
http://www.facebook.com/nicorosberg/videos/10154348747819874/

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

simplefish posted:

They've had P1 P2 and P3 to know what they're getting into, and also probably had a heads up before Friday. I don't know exactly when the ring was redone (but I'd love to see a source should anyone have one) but everyone is racing to the same limits, the ones that gently caress themselves are 100% themselves to blame

I'm on my phone so cant link directly but RacingCircuits.info had a news story around March, because they were reworking the track to make the old sections of track useable for racing again.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Yeah it looks like walking the circuit on Thursday was a big help to all the drivers like Nico.

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.
Adding to the previous F1 Scale Modeling book (which is still available), I also just discovered these books. You can have them for free including media mail shipping in the US:

The bottom two are from the mid-90s, pretty typical coffee table books. Other one is a bit older and is more about racing craft.

The racing cars of the world one has fold outs, the McLaren book features sexy pictures of a young David Coulthard getting a massage and meditating. Mmm, chinny.

Any takers?

George Zimmer
Jun 28, 2008

POCKET CHOMP posted:

Adding to the previous F1 Scale Modeling book (which is still available), I also just discovered these books. You can have them for free including media mail shipping in the US:

The bottom two are from the mid-90s, pretty typical coffee table books. Other one is a bit older and is more about racing craft.

The racing cars of the world one has fold outs, the McLaren book features sexy pictures of a young David Coulthard getting a massage and meditating. Mmm, chinny.

Any takers?

poo poo, I'll take the F1 scale modeling book.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Hell I'll take the racecraft one.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

El Hefe posted:

Quoting Hefe for truth.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Hefe on fire (hopefully not literally).

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

El Hefe posted:

Agreed. Good to see McLaren at the pointy end of the field, but not sure how long they will hold onto that.

Does anyone know what the weather's going to be like for today's race?

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
https://streamable.com/h1w1

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
If they remove the kerbs because of the bad drivers like Rosberg ruining their cars on them, F1 is dead

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
They can't remove them, they're part of the track

td4guy
Jun 13, 2005

I always hated that guy.

The baguette kerbs are removable, but the sunken red ones are obviously permanent. They're not going to, though.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Good race this GP2. Nice and wet, I like Jensons chances later on!

Edit. It's drying out and they're trying to find wet spots to cool down the tires. Might be dry race after all.

Halo14 fucked around with this message at 09:50 on Jul 3, 2016

POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

George Zimmer posted:

poo poo, I'll take the F1 scale modeling book.

You don't seem to have PMs, any other way to contact you?

Man, this will be my first time watching F1 in the US forever. I'm in Hawaii so it's a pleasant 2 am race. And I have no idea what channel NBCSN is here.

Can't wait for Super Seb the Scud Stud to take home a victory and keep me awake with an exciting race though.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
The more you quote me, the worse I post :smug:
ASK ME ABOUT HOW I DON'T NEED TO READ TO PLAY LEAGUE OF LEGENDS

POCKET CHOMP posted:

You don't seem to have PMs, any other way to contact you?

Man, this will be my first time watching F1 in the US forever. I'm in Hawaii so it's a pleasant 2 am race. And I have no idea what channel NBCSN is here.

Can't wait for Super Seb the Scud Stud to take home a victory and keep me awake with an exciting race though.

pls be right.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

njsykora posted:

I'm on my phone so cant link directly but RacingCircuits.info had a news story around March, because they were reworking the track to make the old sections of track useable for racing again.

http://www.racer.com/f1/item/131509-old-osterreichring-loop-could-return-for-2017

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
lols Italian reporter wanted to gift an Italian footie shirt to Seb yesterday but he declined saying she should keep it to dry her tears https://twitter.com/sebvettelnews/status/749240567851212803

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Holy poo poo.....

Kimi spotted walking, talking and smiling/laughing with a kid as they are brought up onto the truck for the drivers parade

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014

freeranger posted:

Holy poo poo.....

Kimi spotted walking, talking and smiling/laughing with a kid as they are brought up onto the truck for the drivers parade

Photoshopped

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
This is the best bit Sky have ever done.

Chiwie
Oct 21, 2010

DROP YOUR COAT AND GRAB YOUR TOES, I'LL SHOW YOU WHERE THE WILD GOOSE GOES!!!!

Riso posted:

lols Italian reporter wanted to gift an Italian footie shirt to Seb yesterday but he declined saying she should keep it to dry her tears https://twitter.com/sebvettelnews/status/749240567851212803

Ferrai seb rules.

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001
Everything they've presented on Sky has been good this race. In other news... stay off the curbs.

Ted is so suave with the ladies.

itsjustdrew
May 13, 2014
I like Wurz, He's Austrian but not the bad kind of Austrian like Hitler and Wolff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Yellow baguettes will kill your car, over time solid red kerbs will kill your car, the other kerbs are ok.

• Locked thread