Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

The Snoo posted:

The day we moved into this apartment a month ago, the dude below us started blasting music. It shakes the floor and it's really bass-heavy and it's just really disturbing. Now I have personal reasons for not wanting to deal with loud noises, and one of the bigger reasons we moved was because my parents would do the same thing but at 2am, but it also bothers my husband, and my brother, who we live with, so it's not just me. The people next to us moved out a couple of weeks ago, and the unit next to this dude was empty (they originally wanted to give us that one, l m a o) and I doubt it'll be occupied anytime soon.

So we called the property manager, they said they'd send someone out and ask them to stop. A couple of days later he did it again. And again. And again. I started keeping a log! The property manager said to send in a written noise complaint, we did. 3 weeks ago.

Nothing changed. I sent emails that never got answered. We called again after their office hours and they said to call the police. We did, they never came out! We asked him to stop twice, the second time he slammed the door in my husband's face.

Today he did it during their office hours. I called because I started having a panic attack and holy poo poo it's just so unnecessary! It's even louder than usual because I can hear it from the bedrooms! They sent over a dude to 'witness' the noise and while he said that it was pretty awful and he'd write up a report, I doubt anything will be done. I have a fan on, the rumbly AC on, and my own music, and I can still hear it.

Anyway my pet peeve is loud noises and lovely loving selfish people!!!! :mad: kill my rear end

edit: it's loud enough that you can do the whole 'ok google, what song is this' and my phone can recognise the songs through the floor

How have you not called the cops on this guy yet. You don't have to live like that. They'll either get on the tenant or your building manager to sort it out. Unless noise is enforced differently by region, which I guess it probably is. Worth looking into, anyway!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

DavidAlltheTime posted:

How have you not called the cops on this guy yet. You don't have to live like that. They'll either get on the tenant or your building manager to sort it out. Unless noise is enforced differently by region, which I guess it probably is. Worth looking into, anyway!

Good news: they already did, it says so right in the post you quoted. Unfortunately they won't/can't do much about it unless you call them constantly, because especially if it's a busy city, a noise complaint call probably ranks just slightly above "grandma can't find the remote control and is freaking out" in urgency.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I understand that kids are kids and not always aware of being respectful about the personal space of others in somewhat tight quarters. However, a grown-rear end adult should know better than to kick at the surface of the water to swim around. I don't like being splashed in the face by a kid and I like it even less from an adult who clearly knows how to swim but doesn't give a gently caress they're getting water in others' faces

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Thin Privilege posted:

Cabbies--it's always cabbies--that honk the millisecond the light turns from red to green, where you couldn't have possibly, physically, started moving yet. I was on a big road and the left turn lane had like, 40 cars in it, and the light turned green and this cabbie 20 cars back just lays down on the horn. The gently caress dude you're not going to do anything about the line by blaring your horn!

I imagine that this is less a matter of them being irrationally angry and more a matter of there being a non-zero chance of them honking actually speeding things up (since there's a low, but non-zero chance the guy at the front of the line wasn't paying close attention to the light). So it's more of a decision intended to allow them to either get their clients to the location faster or spend less time driving without clients, even if it's only a difference of a couple seconds.

This doesn't exactly excuse it, especially if it's being done during the late night or early morning, but I don't think they're thinking "ARGH WHY ISN'T THIS GUY MOVING INSTANTLY?"

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

EmmyOk posted:

Phrases like man-bun, guyliner, or manbag. It's just a bun or eyeliner or whatever.
But if I don't make it clear at all times how manly I am then people might question my masculinity, and that would be horrifying!

Murphy Brownback posted:

Unfortunately they won't/can't do much about it unless you call them constantly
Yeah, so that's why you keep calling. This is a regular issue, so every time it happens you call the police. Just keep calling.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I did actually call the cops a while after making that post, they actually came by and asked him to stop or whatever. And he did, for about an hour. And a few minutes after the cop left, he turned his sound system up as loud as it could go and blasted it for 5 seconds. Like a pissy child!!

I called the police a bit later, again, and they said 'we can keep sending people out but there's nothing stopping him from starting again once we leave, and it's your landlord's job to deal with this' and I agreed but felt frustrated. Called the property manager and they said 'the police have to deal with it while we're taking our sweet loving time sending out a written statement to him based on your written noise complaint'.

We're in a suburb kinda area in the midst of a dozen different apartment complexes. If I have to call the police again, I'll be sure to meet with them first because I didn't yesterday (I was crying/having a panic attack and I have a really bad rash on my face) and if possible, help them with the report or even press charges because I really do not care, I have the free time and ability to go to court if I need to.

One of the problems is that it doesn't seem to bother other people and while it's definitely in violation of the noise ordinance AND the lease, it's not during quiet hours and it's not loud enough in here to really measure it. I'm worried the police would stop coming out if we reported it too much. Since we have one witness from the management, we have a little bit of proof, but I'm really tired of the whole run-around.

It's absolutely the landlord's responsibility in the end, and I hate that they're trying to pass it off on us or on the police. This guy isn't going to stop, so it's either going to end with him getting evicted (lol right) or us moving and hopefully being able to break the lease without monetary consequences.

Thin Privilege posted:

Can your management assess a fine to his account for it?

Even if they can, they probably won't. They received my written, formal complaint on june 13th and they still haven't sent anything to him or to us like they said they would. I asked over the phone, 'what can I do if he ignores the notice you send' and they were like 'I don't know, we'll take further action but idk'. I asked if they had any kind of time frame and they used this tone with me that made me feel like they don't give a poo poo, like they couldn't believe I was asking that. I didn't want to be lovely to some customer service lady because it wasn't her fault, so I tried my best to not be angry, but I was really upset that they couldn't give me answers beyond 'call the police constantly and wait for us to do stuff'. I cried a lot. :)

So if they did do some kind of fine, it'd probably be way after this 'written notice' they plan on sending. I don't expect any solution for a couple of months. I know it takes time but we feel lost. My husband was like 'maybe if I went down and asked nicely again, he'd get mad like before but then hit me and then we'll have a better reason to call the police' :smith:

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

I've read a lot of stuff about noise complaints and ordinances and what tenants / landlords SHOULD do, but I often see this whole 'maybe the tenant is just ~too sensitive~' thing and I worry they might think that, even though it bothers all three of us and is well beyond normal living noises. The people upstairs walk really loudly, they bang on stuff all the time, and the people across the hall have a bunch of kids who scream/cry a lot, and that doesn't bother us because those are at least semi-normal noises and they're not just doing it to be loud!

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!

The Snoo posted:

So if they did do some kind of fine, it'd probably be way after this 'written notice' they plan on sending. I don't expect any solution for a couple of months. I know it takes time but we feel lost. My husband was like 'maybe if I went down and asked nicely again, he'd get mad like before but then hit me and then we'll have a better reason to call the police' :smith:

This super sucks. Tell the police when you talked to your husband the loud guy got angry and up in his face and was leaning in threateningly. Maybe they'll take that more seriously? Ugh, luckily when I was in your shoes we ended up in control of a kitchen leak into our loud downstairs neighbours place. If they were loud, the pipe would leak. How convenient!

I hope your situation improves!

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I think the police and your landlord will never take this as seriously as you do until you annoy them to the extent that you are bothered by the noise. You have some extenuating circumstances that make his noise more bothersome than a random guy off the street, so if they themselves don't find it annoying/excessive it's unfortunately your job to make them do something or face an inundation of complaints every day.

There are countless stories of people who get the police called on them endlessly, and the police will come out and will tell him to keep it down, but if the first visit from the cops doesn't solve it the 100th one certainly won't. In the end I agree with the cops that it is your landlord's job in the end. But like I said before, most of them are more inclined to just hope either you'll learn to deal with it or move out so they don't have to evict a paying customer.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

This week we went out to Massachussetts to visit family. I have discovered that literally everyone in the state will get up behind you and--no matter how fast you're going, if your blinker is on for an upcoming turn, or if there's a full line of traffic--they will FLASH THEIR loving HEADLIGHTS ON AND OFF AT YOU.

And they won't stop. They'll keep doing it until you're out of their way or have an opportunity to pass via the opposite lane. Is there some sort of mental illness entirely relegated to the state? Because I have never encountered this behavior in my life and experienced it FOUR times in various places in THREE DAYS.

I just started hitting my brakes until they did something to almost kill themselves getting around me.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

This week we went out to Massachussetts to visit family. I have discovered that literally everyone in the state will get up behind you and--no matter how fast you're going, if your blinker is on for an upcoming turn, or if there's a full line of traffic--they will FLASH THEIR loving HEADLIGHTS ON AND OFF AT YOU.

And they won't stop. They'll keep doing it until you're out of their way or have an opportunity to pass via the opposite lane. Is there some sort of mental illness entirely relegated to the state? Because I have never encountered this behavior in my life and experienced it FOUR times in various places in THREE DAYS.

I just started hitting my brakes until they did something to almost kill themselves getting around me.

Are you putting your blinker on and slowing down a mile before the turn or what?

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

Murphy Brownback posted:

Are you putting your blinker on and slowing down a mile before the turn or what?

That's one of my pet peeves in some rural places - grandpa's turn is coming up in 10 miles, time to slow down so he doesn't miss it. (Not implying that's what the poster did here.)

Also if you have a disabled sign that doesn't mean you absolutely have to go 20 mph below the speed limit at all times. If you can't drive the speed limit under normal road conditions, you shouldn't be driving.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

It wasn't even the same driver except two of the times. One was me (a speeder) two were my wife behind a column of immobile cars, and the fourth was my mother two driveways from our turn. It seems to just be an automatic reaction to someone being in front of them and not going the speed they'd prefer

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Maybe they just thought you accidentally left your blinker on? If someone has it on longer than maybe 10 seconds I assume that's the case, and it's at least annoying if not hazardous to constantly be signalling a turn you are never going to make. Signal as soon as you are about to start slowing down to make the turn, no earlier. At least how I drive if someone is going too slow, like going under the speed limit in the passing lane with nobody to their right, my go-to move is getting as close to them as i can with my brights permanently on. If I'm flashing my lights at you I'm trying to be courteous and either warn you of something or letting you know you are doing something bad, like driving 10 miles with your blinker on.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

The Snoo posted:

I've read a lot of stuff about noise complaints and ordinances and what tenants / landlords SHOULD do, but I often see this whole 'maybe the tenant is just ~too sensitive~' thing and I worry they might think that, even though it bothers all three of us and is well beyond normal living noises. The people upstairs walk really loudly, they bang on stuff all the time, and the people across the hall have a bunch of kids who scream/cry a lot, and that doesn't bother us because those are at least semi-normal noises and they're not just doing it to be loud!

There's always some kind of social pressure to not be too sensitive and not be "that guy", but I wouldn't worry about that. What I would do:

1. Start documenting the noise as well as you can. I'd think of maybe using a phone to record some of the noise and turn the AC (or whatever else that has well known noise levels, maybe a car) on and off for reference so people can compare the volume levels in the video.

2. You can sue the noisemaker in small claims court for damages to stop the noise. Good things to have for that are evidence (see 1.) or witnesses.

3. Sue the landlord.

4. Go against the loud guy for assault. There's a difference between something just being a nuisance and it having adverse effects on your health.

5. There are ways to fight back, for example you can make his speakers do things. I did not say this. I am not here.

I'd also start looking for a different apartment.

Mr. Smile Face Hat
Sep 15, 2003

Henchman of Santa posted:

3/4 major American sports have a salary cap.

Okay, cool. My point was that in real life there's nothing like "you have 18 skill points to distribute over these 8 skills that range from 1-10".

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Murphy Brownback posted:

Maybe they just thought you accidentally left your blinker on? If someone has it on longer than maybe 10 seconds I assume that's the case, and it's at least annoying if not hazardous to constantly be signalling a turn you are never going to make. Signal as soon as you are about to start slowing down to make the turn, no earlier. At least how I drive if someone is going too slow, like going under the speed limit in the passing lane with nobody to their right, my go-to move is getting as close to them as i can with my brights permanently on. If I'm flashing my lights at you I'm trying to be courteous and either warn you of something or letting you know you are doing something bad, like driving 10 miles with your blinker on.

Okay, that maybe explains one of them, but uh I don't personally feel two houses before a turn off a two lane road is excessive enough to warrant tailgating and flashing.

Any apologetics for those people who kindly informed us we should drive through cars or exceed the speed limit by thirty miles per hour?

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

Murphy Brownback posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo you are a major rear end in a top hat for this and you're probably going to get yourself and/or someone else killed doing it.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Brawnfire posted:

Okay, that maybe explains one of them, but uh I don't personally feel two houses before a turn off a two lane road is excessive enough to warrant tailgating and flashing.

Any apologetics for those people who kindly informed us we should drive through cars or exceed the speed limit by thirty miles per hour?

No need to be so defensive, you didn't explain the situations fully so you can't blame anyone for jumping to conclusions. In my experience if someone is flashing their lights at you or tailgating you 9 times out of 10 you're doing something wrong and the rest of the time they are just pricks.

Noctone posted:

Hahahahaha holy poo poo you are a major rear end in a top hat for this and you're probably going to get yourself and/or someone else killed doing it.

at least i'll die for a worthy cause of teaching people not to be lovely drivers.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

Oh I think I did just fine describing the situation

I mean perhaps you missed where I said literally nobody had ever done that to me in my life, and it happened four times in three days, which strikes me as indicating I was doing just fine before, unless people in my state don't know how to flash lights?

... Wait, are you from Massachusetts?

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

There's a reason they call us Massholes.

Not to be racist, but we did bandy that particular term about quite liberally

Brawnfire has a new favorite as of 20:26 on Jul 2, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

There's a reason they call us Massholes.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Murphy Brownback posted:

at least i'll die for a worthy cause of teaching people not to be lovely drivers.

Most people already know not to tailgate with brights on though, you can stop demonstrating.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Murphy Brownback posted:

You will only teach them not to be lovely drivers by giving them an example to avoid. Intentionally tailgating people with your brights on, good loving god that is idiotic.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Murphy Brownback posted:

Who will teach you?

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

EmmyOk posted:

Phrases like man-bun, guyliner, or manbag. It's just a bun or eyeliner or whatever.

Agreed, and I think "meggings" is probably the worst offender.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

YeahTubaMike posted:

Agreed, and I think "meggings" is probably the worst offender.

the gently caress are meggings

it sounds like a horrible sexual problem

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Sociopastry posted:

Male leggings or getting mugged by Meg from Family Guy?

Manbag sounds like a kid's word for scrotum.

Peeve: people who plant it in front of a store and try to have you sign up for some new legislature. "Hi how are you doing are you registered to vote?" You maybe nod. "Well we need 1 billion signatures to help our schools! You wanna help schools right?"

Well yes, but that question is like "do you want to kill puppies" or "do you want a free soda" as in there are really no ways to make a nonclear answer. Dude, I understand you must really believe in this poo poo but tell me precisely WHAT my signature will do other than spit out buzzwords about Help School and Kids over and over. How? Raise taxes? Sell land? Make the weed legal? TELL ME HOW.

I now avoid those people or ignore them when they ask me if I am registered to vote because they need my signature.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Tiggum posted:

Phone calls are the worst method of communication. You can text someone without worrying about interrupting what they're doing. You have a written record of what was said. You can carry on a conversation while still doing other things, and stop to check stuff if you need to. In the rare situation where you need to interrupt someone and get an immediate response, a phone call is acceptable. Otherwise text/email/Facebook.

I would agree for minor things, a text is very useful.

"Please order widgets asap. Also, please check our count on gadgets" That's a good text.

"This sucks" is not a good use of SMS. What sucks? Did a loved one die or did you drop your buttered toast? I find that text messages take up more of my time then phone calls. Then again, I do almost all of my business via phone and don't have time for my phone to chirp at me endlessly with meaningless texts.

Maybe I just have lovely friends and co-workers.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
I was cashiering today and when my shift was over I turned the lane light off and tidied up real quick before going to punch out. While I was tidying up some guy brought his cart into the lane and I told him, "Sorry, my lane is closed, I'm leaving" since the light had been off for a couple minutes at that point. He responded "OK" and then proceeded to start putting his stuff on the conveyor belt. :psyduck: I don't mind when people don't notice the light is off and just move to another lane when I tell them I'm closed, but how loving entitled do you have to be to be told directly that that the lane is closed, acknowledge that fact and then still try to use it anyways?

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I was cashiering today and when my shift was over I turned the lane light off and tidied up real quick before going to punch out. While I was tidying up some guy brought his cart into the lane and I told him, "Sorry, my lane is closed, I'm leaving" since the light had been off for a couple minutes at that point. He responded "OK" and then proceeded to start putting his stuff on the conveyor belt. :psyduck: I don't mind when people don't notice the light is off and just move to another lane when I tell them I'm closed, but how loving entitled do you have to be to be told directly that that the lane is closed, acknowledge that fact and then still try to use it anyways?

This is something that always confused me when I moved to Germany. In my mind, if the aisle light is off it means don't go in even if there is a cashier there, unless they tell you it's open. In German stores, they have lights, but probably 75% of the open aisles have the lights off and people only stop going into them when they put up a sign on the conveyer belt saying it's closed. You have lights, why not use them? Maybe they just got frustrated and gave up because too many people ignored the lights like in your story.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Sociopastry posted:

Cowslips Warren posted:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

The Snoo posted:

Since this is adversely affecting your health, the cops can't help, and the landlord won't/can't do anything, you can probably legally terminate your lease without problems. Check with legal Aid first, but it sure sounds like you'd be OK. You have a right to be comfortable in your own home.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Cowslips Warren posted:

Manbag sounds like a kid's word for scrotum.

Peeve: people who plant it in front of a store and try to have you sign up for some new legislature. "Hi how are you doing are you registered to vote?" You maybe nod. "Well we need 1 billion signatures to help our schools! You wanna help schools right?"

Well yes, but that question is like "do you want to kill puppies" or "do you want a free soda" as in there are really no ways to make a nonclear answer. Dude, I understand you must really believe in this poo poo but tell me precisely WHAT my signature will do other than spit out buzzwords about Help School and Kids over and over. How? Raise taxes? Sell land? Make the weed legal? TELL ME HOW.

I now avoid those people or ignore them when they ask me if I am registered to vote because they need my signature.

Just say 'sorry, I don't feel like having a conversation right now' as they approach you. It's the fastest way to shut down their spiel.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

cyberia posted:

Just say 'sorry, I don't feel like having a conversation right now' as they approach you. It's the fastest way to shut down their spiel.

Sometimes once they really get into their rhythm your words just stop registering. I've had someone bug me about signing some wildlife preservation petition or something at a bus stop, and after a couple minutes of ignoring her I said "sorry, I have to get on this bus" as a bus was pulling up. She said "ok" so I started walking and she actually grabbed my arm and said "where are you going? I was just about to tell you..." and got all huffy when I yanked my arm out of her grip and got on the bus. It's one of the most annoying things that seem to get taught to salesmen/solicitors/missionaries/etc - "never take no for an answer" is a terrible policy. Sometimes you should realize when you're fighting a losing battle and just drop it and move on to the next mark.

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Murphy Brownback posted:

It's one of the most annoying things that seem to get taught to salesmen/solicitors/missionaries/etc - "never take no for an answer" is a terrible policy. Sometimes you should realize when you're fighting a losing battle and just drop it and move on to the next mark.

That and "ignore all societal rules of behavior/politeness." I understand that when these people are standing on one of the busiest pedestrian corners in the city they're taking the shotgun approach, but maybe when they see two people deep in conversation headed their way, they could pause to take a breath and try their pitch on the next person.

Yelling :byodame: "YOU GUYS WANT TO HEAR ABOUT DOLPHINS??!!??" when the people are mid-sentence has a pretty low chance of getting a positive response.

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
I loving hate solicitors. Even if it's a cause I like and generally would support, they're always so loving rude about it, it puts me off. A couple years ago this little shithead from Greenpeace berated me about not donating, and she said "it's only $30/month, it's less than a cell phone bill! ANYONE can afford that." Ironically, she was harassing me outside of a store that I had just walked out of empty-handed because I literally could not afford to buy food that day.

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

how loving entitled do you have to be to be told directly that that the lane is closed, acknowledge that fact and then still try to use it anyways?

People here do this ALL THE loving TIME. It's so frustrating. Even if the light is off AND there's a sign up. Even if the whole register is disassembled for cleaning, and I've got the industrial vacuum running. Even if there's a huge loving standing sign blocking the lane that says "gently caress OFF WE'RE CLOSED". Nope. If there's a human being anywhere in the general vicinity of a register, they MUST help you. The customer is always right!

And yet, when there ARE multiple lanes open with their lights on, no line, cashiers standing at the ready, everyone loving lines up to wait at the first one they see :v: During lunch hours, it's common to have 6-7 people lined up at the express registers nearest the deli, while fifteen feet away there are lanes with no wait at all. And when people do come up, they go "OH, ARE YOU OPEN?" no bitch I'm just standing here for fun.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Thanks for all the replies and advice. :)

Khazar-khum posted:

Since this is adversely affecting your health, the cops can't help, and the landlord won't/can't do anything, you can probably legally terminate your lease without problems. Check with legal Aid first, but it sure sounds like you'd be OK. You have a right to be comfortable in your own home.

I feel really frustrated because we moved to get away from a lovely situation w/ my parents (which also included loud music) and I don't know if we can get people together to help us move again so soon. :( We're hoping to move to a better place once our lease is up, or if we can leave early, specifically the apartment complex a mile down the road that's in a better location for the bus and grocery stores. But a lot of this involves $$$ which we don't have. I could put up with all the other problems in this place until the end of the lease if it wasn't for this guy.

This thread is almost making me glad that I don't drive yet, yikes

pet peeve:

:argh: it wouldn't have fix in the mailbox anyway! where is it?

edit: ooooh nice they just delivered it by throwing it at my door

snoo has a new favorite as of 17:49 on Jul 3, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
This is incredibly stupid, but my pet peeve is ice in my drink. It takes up space (and I drink a ton of water and normally refill a bunch) and makes me have to slurp the water through the ice to get at it.

Maybe my pet peeve is water not already blistering cold to the point where it needs ice.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

MisterBibs posted:

This is incredibly stupid, but my pet peeve is ice in my drink. It takes up space (and I drink a ton of water and normally refill a bunch) and makes me have to slurp the water through the ice to get at it.

Maybe my pet peeve is water not already blistering cold to the point where it needs ice.

My pet peeve is people who order no ice in their drink. I know you get maybe 5% more drink, but when you're paying like 99 cents for 40 oz of sugar liquid I find that kind of miserliness silly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Che Delilas posted:

Most people already know not to tailgate with brights on though, you can stop demonstrating.

I find that post fascinating, because the idea of someone not only tailgating with their brights on, but even admitting to it and thinking it's okay is unbelievable.

There isn't a whole lot that is more "objectively super dangerous and bad" than that when it comes to driving gently caress-ups. I'm pretty sure that driving as close to a moving car's bumper as you can is significantly more dangerous than even something like driving 30mph over the speed limit.