Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
Jeff Green still races in a NASCAR national series? For some reason, hearing his name gives me a weird Randy Lajoie flashback.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The problem wasn't throwing the caution on the last lap. It was seeing 3 dudes head on into various walls, another launch and land on the hood of someone else, along with like 15 cars scattered across the entire backstretch.... Then still waiting for the cars to hit the front stretch to throw the caution.

That was bullshit.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Finally got to experience some of Daytona Rising's new features. It's definitely nice (almost too nice for a racetrack), it's almost eat-off-the-floor clean and the only thing I can compare it to is Mansfield, which had mostly new facilities when I saw a Truck race there.

Thoughts:
-Didn't really get to try the WiFi, but at least they're more transparent about "It only works in the concourses", as opposed to the other sports venue I frequent (Nationwide Arena) where it's supposed to work everywhere and doesn't. Even then, it's a nice feature if it works, especially in rain delays.
-Charging stations are a really nice feature, though I had to walk down a few more sections to get a plug that worked with my phone.
-Cupholders make a nice scanner holder.
-I can take or leave the promotional areas inside the "stadium", but they might work for a) people interested in the products promoted and b) additional interest generated from giving otherwise uninterested people something to do during rain delays. I walked through the Chevy setup on the way to my seat and it's somewhat redundant with what you can already do at their trailer outside.

Genocide Tendency posted:

The problem wasn't throwing the caution on the last lap. It was seeing 3 dudes head on into various walls, another launch and land on the hood of someone else, along with like 15 cars scattered across the entire backstretch.... Then still waiting for the cars to hit the front stretch to throw the caution.

That was bullshit.

Either throw the caution when the wreck happens or let them finish. That's twice in a row NASCAR, even if they were right to call cautions short of the line both here and at Talladega, gets fans all hot and bothered over what appears a random time to put it out.

theacox posted:

Jeff Green still races in a NASCAR national series? For some reason, hearing his name gives me a weird Randy Lajoie flashback.

LaJoie's son was in tonight's race.

e- https://twitter.com/Ryan_Truex/status/749071132922445824

:lol:

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 2, 2016

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I for one, am looking forward to the Coca-Cola 400, Daytona, this weekend.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Just end the race under caution without adding a we have a 10% chance of a green white fatality and 100% chance of a major injury.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Last-ish call for bingo! If you've never done it before, come request a card and hang out in IRC this evening. I said entries close at noon Eastern, but I'm headed out to Costco and will accept entries until I get home to do the cards. I will update the thread when signups are closed. :hawksin:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3765153

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Genocide Tendency posted:

That was bullshit.

Maybe they were waiting for the nets to come down and someone took too long dropping the net and signaling they are ok.

Remember, Hinchcliffe was a minute or two away from bleeding to death right on the track. Imagine if they waited 30 seconds to finish a race.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
If it's not too late, I'll take one.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Cards are up!

Also: https://xkcd.com/1701/

daslog posted:

If it's not too late, I'll take one.

It wasn't, it's in the album. The link is here: http://imgur.com/a/Zpbwi

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I need to buy a antenna so I'm not waiting a week to watch these races now. I'm drat near caught up on all the Cup races.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
who's ready for a car in the stands?

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

VikingSkull posted:

who's ready for a car in the stands?

wooo

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Woo! Thanks EB.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

I swear that program puts the 88 on my cards on purpose.

Fuckers.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Remember the Daytona 500 was bad until half a mile left in the race, so this will either be insane or the opposite

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

38: I think I can...I think I can...I...can't.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

CBJSprague24 posted:

38: I think I can...I think I can...I...can't.

Nice debris throw, cbj

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Just tuned in, what's our Cole Pearn count at today so far?

Quantrill
Nov 18, 2005

Bingo

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

mother fucker, i knew the second i stepped out to be social they'd all gently caress it up

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
BOOGITY BOOGITY BOOGI *abruptly smashed into, now riding hood of another car down to the race line*

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm here to post

What happened

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Watch this entire boring rear end race, walk off to light the grill and that happens.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Watch this entire boring rear end race, walk off to light the grill and that happens.

It's our fault, we did this.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Did I miss The Big One? :ohdear:

Edit: Yes, yes I did :stare:

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

chaoslord posted:

Did I miss The Big One? :ohdear:

I will say, NASCAR announcers are great alarm clocks

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Plate racing at its finest. Danger for the sake of entertainment.

Edit: still took a bingo card lol love these races.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

code:
04:00 < ElitistBitch> I will buy a Tony shirt and wear it every Friday he's in the chase if he makes it :toxx:
We get to pick it out.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

I'll take "half the field wrecks kind of lazily" over "single car goes careening into wall/fence" any day tbh

We'll get the latter later on I'm sure

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

kidcoelacanth posted:

I'll take "half the field wrecks kind of lazily" over "single car goes careening into wall/fence" any day tbh

We'll get the latter later on I'm sure

that's only happened once in the last 35 years

generally cars get in the fence during a pack wreck

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Please let some rando win this one

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Bunch of Good Winner candidates up in here.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Kyle bush going to win you get nothing good tonight.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I'm just feeling a wreck

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

Let's go bad Brad

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

mischief posted:

code:

04:00 < ElitistBitch> I will buy a Tony shirt and wear it every Friday he's in the chase if he makes it :toxx:

We get to pick it out.

8:01 PM <ElitistBitch> Sure, as long as it's less than $20 and I can wear it to work

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Of course Tony gets wrecked.

Edit orrrrrr maybe that was on him

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

The second they mentioned Casey's good run he was loving doomed

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

Elitist Bitch posted:

8:01 PM <ElitistBitch> Sure, as long as it's less than $20 and I can wear it to work

Details.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

kidcoelacanth posted:

The second they mentioned Casey's good run he was loving doomed

This has been the rule for literally every race for the past 5 years.

• Locked thread