Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

To show how smart I am, the first thing I said was "Natalie is going to own this". And then she immediately fell off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
https://twitter.com/realityblurred/status/748702156706963456

Looks like we have to wait awhile.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
Was I imagining or did Jozea start to tear up once Day's message made it obvious she had betrayed him?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Maybe. He completely trusted her and was pretty much banking the votes on that. Her and Z blindsided Jozea hard and cold.

He blamed Natalie for flipping when she didn't, so I would guess that Jozea thought Day was the 4th vote. So when she said otherwise in her message it might have been his real blindside.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

STAC Goat posted:

Maybe. He completely trusted her and was pretty much banking the votes on that. Her and Z blindsided Jozea hard and cold.

Was it really a blindside, though? I didn't feel that they ever really acted like they supported him, he just seemed to think they did.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

SteveVizsla posted:

Was it really a blindside, though? I didn't feel that they ever really acted like they supported him, he just seemed to think they did.

No, they 100% reassured him over and over and over again that he had their votes. Jozea was stupid for trusting them because its was obvious they were going to do it, but he trusted them because he told them a million times he could trust them. Every one of his allies told him again and again that he couldn't trust their votes and every time he said he could and went and confirmed it.

There's no two ways about it. Z and Day stone cold lied a million times and blindsided the hell out of him.

Z even had a minor freakout about it last night when she realized how much they'd "hate" her.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

The team HOHs serve a purpose to compete and not to throw (or at least not make it obvious).
Roadkill throws a spanner in that any rando could target anyone with impunity.

I like it.
Keeps 'em on their toes.
Even if the house can figure out whodunnit.

I agree that the pacing of this show was a bit stilted but it's the first one out of the chute.
They'll nail it down in the next couple of weeks.

Joeza's stupidity will be missed but maybe it'll send a message to Paul and Victor to quit being bravado dumbsticks.
Prolly not though, which will make their fall ever more sweet.

Fallen One
May 1, 2007

" Whoa! Death? He's come for me!... Death is sleeping too..."
I love that there is less incentive to throw challenges with the team victories in HOH and the anonymity in Roadkill but it really, really sucks that the minority has to win both to send home an Eight Pack member. The best thing this show had over Survivor is how easy it was for a minority group to claim power and turn the tables if they got HOH but BOB and Roadkill really destroy that.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Fallen One posted:

I love that there is less incentive to throw challenges with the team victories in HOH and the anonymity in Roadkill but it really, really sucks that the minority has to win both to send home an Eight Pack member. The best thing this show had over Survivor is how easy it was for a minority group to claim power and turn the tables if they got HOH but BOB and Roadkill really destroy that.

I agree with this mostly, but the majority alliance is VERY shaky so I don't think it hurts this season. Definitely a bummer if there was a strong alliance though.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

As long as the Roadkill ends relatively quickly I'm fine with it. BotB didn't have near the impact last season it had in BB16 because it went on for so long in 16. That just destroyed the game. The idea is bad but the important thing is the length of it.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Hopefully one of these seasons they will be able to upgrade the Chenbot to be able to have/show emotions during the eviction episodes.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Hopefully one of these seasons they will be able to upgrade the Chenbot to be able to have/show emotions during the eviction episodes.

Isn't her emotionless delivery a deliberate affectation to remain objective? Better than Jeff Probst verbally fellating every challenge monster alpha male on Survivor, at any rate.

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

Isn't her emotionless delivery a deliberate affectation to remain objective? Better than Jeff Probst verbally fellating every challenge monster alpha male on Survivor, at any rate.

I've always figured she shows up once a week an hour before the show airs, someone gives her a summary of whatever happened in the last week, and feeds her questions to ask. She's got better things to do with her life than to care about whatever's going on with the houseguests.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Orange Sunshine posted:

I've always figured she shows up once a week an hour before the show airs, someone gives her a summary of whatever happened in the last week, and feeds her questions to ask. She's got better things to do with her life than to care about whatever's going on with the houseguests.

I dunno, I think Julie and Les cozy up and watch the feeds together every night before bed :3:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I've always assumed she gets like a 1 page write up every day that just tells her the basic highlights. It's probably easier to do that then to just cram right before a live show and possibly get caught up with the HGs or live vote. Like no way does Julie know feed details but if Jozea has said "I had plans to go forward with Corey, Tiffany, and Nicole" vote you should know that's stupid.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Britt Burns posted:

I dunno, I think Julie and Les cozy up and watch the feeds together every night before bed :3:

And why wouldn't they? Big Brother is paying their mortgage.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot

SteveVizsla posted:

The Corey commenting about guys thing is my second favorite thing about this season so far, given he's a homophobic southern frat boy.

Just caught up and same. :)

Favorite is Zakiyah, good lord is that woman beautiful.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I like her too! My opinion is influenced from feed spoilers but I'm cautiously optimistic that she'll backstab when and if she has to, and maintain jury relationships when and if she gets there.

rafington
Aug 21, 2008
I'm so fascinated with Corey's edit.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
I have finally caught up with the season. Paul and Victor got too cocky, and are now paying for it. They pushed the veterans to align with newbies who were weary of their gameplay. Now, at least Paul seems to understand that he's hosed, whereas Victor's attempt to cozy up with Frank and Paulie seems like he is really bad at reading people.

As bad as Paul is (please, stop yelling), I think Bronte is my least favourite in the house.

It feels like the veterans are in a really good position to go to the end. Although, we haven't really seen much gameplay out of the newbies so far.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
The problem in the newbies vs. vet strategy that Paul advocated for is that the numbers never supported it working for longer than a week. There were only 4 veterans, so even if they got rid of one of them last week instead of Josea, no one outside of Josea, Victor and Paul have much reason to continue the crusade against a group of 3 vets, when there are other newbies who are turning into rivals. Getting rid of the vets should have been an underlying idea that they execute when the opportunity arises, but calling this 12 v 4 war on day 1 was never going to work out.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
Watching this episode is grossing me out - Tiffany has gotten a terrible edit :smith:

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC
Is this season the most drastically different from broadcast to feed in recent memory? It feels that way to me. It feels like they are ignoring a lot of key drama to shoe horn their own story lines into the edit. Stuff always gets left out, but the last few seasons had been pretty good at showing when people were just being assholes or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I've never been overly bothered by the editing since I started watching feeds but this season is ridiculous.

There literally was a conspiracy amongst Day, Frank, and others to get Tiffany on the block as a target. Yet the show presents it as pure paranoia on Tiffany's part and makes it seem like that turned them against her when that's an absolute lie.

And Frank and Paulie told Tiffany to go ahead and win POV. But the show says the exact opposite happened.

It's one thing to clean up Bronte's character or give Paulie a friendly edit or not address a story like James/Victor/Natalie. But they're basically making things up.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I don't mind the edit because I'm well-versed in Grodner and am hip to her ways.
She always downplays her darlings on the broadcasts.

Eventually, they'll have to storyboard Day's rampant paranoia and I think they succeeded a little bit in not piling it on too thick moving on. The structure is there... sort of.

Day is gonna 'Vonne her rear end out the door soon enough... just not this week.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Previously on Big Brother... Live eviction shows may be the only true episodes we get.

Or not.

STAC Goat fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Jul 8, 2016

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
What was that voice from Victor :gonk:

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

:wtf: was that?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

A tiny taste of why no one really likes Victor.

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
LOL Paul's goodbye message was amazing :kimchi:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Paul is gonna end up the hero of this story somehow.

Its rough when your eviction is met with smiles, laughs, and a couple of people telling you not to be a dick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Chaos!

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :smith:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

This sucks. Frank's safe and he may control another HOH.

On the flipside Bridgette's only true allies are Bronte, Nat, and Tiffany so it would be in her best interests to take a shot at the Eight Pack. The question is, does she want to play or does she want to be Frank's Victoria?

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer
What happened to Julie's super-exciting no-vote-announcement twist?

Britt Burns
Nov 24, 2007
Biscuit Hider

Otteration posted:

What happened to Julie's super-exciting no-vote-announcement twist?

I don't think that was ever confirmed, unfortunately.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Bridge could be an interesting HOH.
Paul is an automatic nom.

The real question is whether she'll put up a girl and I'm thinking no because they have the majority numbers

It all depends on how much Frank gets in her ear this week... Tiff might be in play.

I hope the Roadkill is won by an underdog just to shake poo poo up, the vets (especially Frank) are FAR too comfortable right now.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

STAC Goat posted:

A tiny taste of why no one really likes Victor.

In the bit right before commercial when they walk away from the picture wall (I've never understood everyone watching the picture change), several HGs were saying it was one of the best speeches ever.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SteveVizsla posted:

(I've never understood everyone watching the picture change),

Because tradition. Plus it can be used to fill some time while Julie talks to the evicted houseguest, making sure the people still in the house aren't doing/saying anything potentially interesting "off camera" for viewing during the live show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

jivjov posted:

Because tradition. Plus it can be used to fill some time while Julie talks to the evicted houseguest, making sure the people still in the house aren't doing/saying anything potentially interesting "off camera" for viewing during the live show.

I'm guessing it's that they aren't allowed to leave that room while the show is still live. So they're standing there with nothing else to do, and they know the picture is going to turn grey, so they all look at it.

• Locked thread