Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

voltcatfish posted:

there's something about swimsuit nendo akane that kinda took me out of the game every time i saw it

It's moe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Just Andi Now
Nov 8, 2009

Winky posted:

Technically it did. The transporter only transports information; it "3D prints" the item at the destination from materials already there.

The issue with that is that the object is copied exactly so it would still be aging in each loop unless it was replaced with a new one at some point.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

it is, though

Winky
Jan 3, 2013

voltcatfish posted:

there's something about swimsuit nendo akane that kinda took me out of the game every time i saw it

I think Uchikoshi just really wanted it to get made.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Pretty sure all of those pictures mean something.

The only ones I can get is Sean that is like that russian dolls that can open up and be empty inside like his helmet, Eric who is a baby and that is obvious on what it means and Akane cat ears is probably a connection to Schrodinger's Cat (no idea about the swimsuit though)

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Irisize posted:

Well, she has no idea how the infection actually happened. All she knows of that path is about stuff that happened after the escape.

Granted, just telling him about the Decision Game would probably have been a lot of help.

Yeah, I was going to say, couldn't Akane have just tracked them down and asked? Junpei is a detective specialized in tracking people, after all.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

IceBorg posted:

Pretty sure all of those pictures mean something.

The only ones I can get is Sean that is like that russian dolls that can open up and be empty inside like his helmet, Eric who is a baby and that is obvious on what it means and Akane cat ears is probably a connection to Schrodinger's Cat (no idea about the swimsuit though)

Uchikoshi has a fetish for the japanese school swimsuit. That's about it. It comes up in VLR too but I don't think 999 :v:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

voltcatfish posted:

Uchikoshi has a fetish for the japanese school swimsuit. That's about it. It comes up in VLR too but I don't think 999 :v:

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Oh man, I just finished the game and I have to say, this is the craziest dumb plot poo poo I've seen in a very long time.
I loving loved it!

NextTime000 posted:

that and the fact that Kyle/? didn't have any major part in the story at all, I won't take "he was gab" as a proper answer either, because gab didn't really do much beyond carry messages around.

Gab wasn't even carrying messages around really. He just went into the hole to sleep until the other team wakes up.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Jul 3, 2016

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

everyone moves like Babby's First Walk Cycle, but you just gotta have them tiddy bounce

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

alcharagia posted:

I for one love that after two games of a non-Zero crazy person antagonist and Zero being actually kind of sympathetic, now we straight up have a 124-year-old Bond villain with the power to Mind Hack

I actually thought Delta wasn't that much of a bad guy really in the end.
Sure, killing 75% of the world just to have a 75% chance to kill one guy is all kind of anime stupid but he did create a brand new timeline that will probably become way better than the original history.

(Delta did nothing wrong etc. etc.)

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I was under the assumption that SHIFTing was automatic, considering that when Sigma explains it he talks about how he would find himself in situations where he was about to die only to wake up somewhere else, not sure why or how it happened. But it also seems to be able to be directed?

Honestly the whole "and uh..if you're near SHIFTers you also shift!" stuff felt like Uchikoshi wrote himself into a corner with having Eric and Mira not be SHIFTers but didn't want to just leave them stuck there.

He should've just left them there.
Mira is the only unredeemable badguy in the whole game and Eric is...well he's Eric.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Also happens right before the Delta reveal. If you give Eric the wrong answer, he fires the gun four times (Sigma, Diana, Sean, Delta), which made me think he shot Gab at first.

After seeing the scene that followed, though, it made sense.

Oh poo poo, I remember thinking about Eric killing Gab there too but I didn't even connect that he shot Delta instead.

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 3, 2016

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jack Trades posted:

Mira is the only unredeemable badguy in the whole game and Eric is...well he's Eric.

Mira actually repents and confesses to all her crimes if you read the epilogue files that unlock after the true ending.

Then Sean smashes through a wall in prison so he can send her back in time to stop herself from ever killing

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Was mira that robed person that killed D-team in that one fragment? When was this explained, how did I miss it.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I've reached a point where I'm not sure what to do. It seems like every remaining path has a plot lock, and I don't know if I've even seen any of the answers. Here's what my flow currently looks like:

What should I do next? Do I have some of those plot lock answers in the files somewhere? How do you kill off C-Team and D-Team in that first vote?

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
The execution votes change depending on your most recent vote, so you need to go back and switch them around for the other two executions.

Also don't lie to your friend Eric.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Really Pants posted:

I've reached a point where I'm not sure what to do. It seems like every remaining path has a plot lock, and I don't know if I've even seen any of the answers. Here's what my flow currently looks like:

What should I do next? Do I have some of those plot lock answers in the files somewhere? How do you kill off C-Team and D-Team in that first vote?

The game remembers the last way you voted, so try again, also you need to answer Who Killed Mira?

You're in the spoiler thread, also, might wanna go to the normal one.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

Really Pants posted:

watch all of the execution scenes, love. you've only watched one (and need all of them to progress)

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Tipme posted:

Was mira that robed person that killed D-team in that one fragment? When was this explained, how did I miss it.

Yeah. If you look at her hands it makes it more obvious (black nail polish)

Zero and Mira were co-conspirators, and Zero didn't drug her like he did with everyone else, and let her do mostly whatever she wanted to do.

I think the only thing he doesn't let her do is kill people, but in the D-Team ending where she kills everyone, Zero and Q team are dead so she has no repercussion. Unlike the time she killed Junpei and was strangled by Zero.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Really Pants posted:

You are in the wrong thread! Get the gently caress out until you beat the game

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I finished VLR and I remember seeing the Kyle thing but

Who the gently caress is Kyle

Like he was a last second thing that showed up that everyone seemed to know and "aw man who could forget you, kyle, the most important character ever."

I don't care that he was dropped because to me he was literally nothing in the first place

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
He was K in every timeline other than the true ending.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Remember? Dude in super Buddha robot armor? Rode a bunny ride? Had a super tragic ending? Secretly had Sigma's face?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

alcharagia posted:

He was K in every timeline other than the true ending.

Ah, that would explain it then. I just assumed it was the player walking around talking to everyone like Mother 3's ending.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Well in Another Time END it was, but you were in Kyle's body.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

alcharagia posted:

Remember? Dude in super Buddha robot armor? Rode a bunny ride? Had a super tragic ending? Secretly had Sigma's face?

gently caress. The bunny ride.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

I liked K and I'm sad you only went through one escape room with him

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Then again he does betray you for no reason in the first ambidex game so gently caress him I guess

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Remember how K had a child size suit of the exact same armor for when he was a child?

gently caress these games used to be good.

the truth
Dec 16, 2007

Paul Zuvella posted:

Remember how K had a child size suit of the exact same armor for when he was a child?

gently caress these games used to be good.

ZTD was good and the trilogy is complete so I guess you have nothing to worry about anymore.

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
This may be me being stupid, but was there any reason as to why Sigma's weight in pounds was displayed in the incinerator during the puzzle there? I don't remember ever using it to solve the room and I don't think it really comes up ever again. Either that or I missed something during the game.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

jimmydalad posted:

This may be me being stupid, but was there any reason as to why Sigma's weight in pounds was displayed in the incinerator during the puzzle there? I don't remember ever using it to solve the room and I don't think it really comes up ever again. Either that or I missed something during the game.

Delta's motives are... complex.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

jimmydalad posted:

Diana tries sitting in the chair and it doesn't work. Sigma sits in it and it activates.

MegaZeroX
Dec 11, 2013

"I'm Jack Frost, ho! Nice to meet ya, hee ho!"

Here is something interesting. In the logo, there is a 4 in the place for 6.

Delta is the 4th letter in the Greek alphabet, and 4 + 6 = 10, the number of participants.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
So in the VLR ending, presumably, Phi was put to sleep quickly, and then her consciousness swaps back in 2074. Is the Phi that's alive in all the other timelines going to permanently be Phi from the future?

Re: Clover, I assumed what Akane meant by using Schrodinger's box to time travel was that she'd put Clover and Alice in the transporter and send copies of them back. From Clover and Alice's perspective, when the pod opens, they'd have a 50-50 chance of being back in the past. I was actually expecting them to pop out of there at some point.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

MegaZeroX posted:

Delta is the 4th letter in the Greek alphabet, and 4 + 6 = 10, the number of participants.

that's, uh an upside roman numeral 6.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

MegaZeroX posted:

Lol look at VI and IV closely and you may be shocked!!!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Question, how did Carlos know about the family portrait? I just watched the scene again and he shouldn't know about it let alone the fact there's a door behind it. I have absolutely no idea.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He knew because I knew.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
But how did you know? It's not like there was any hints that they were connected...? Unless I was missing something

• Locked thread