Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Torrent posted:

Damnit, Andy, I still have that song stuck in my head.
What song? I don't know what song you're talking about.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmCCQxVBfyM
Incidentally, the pint glass made it home without a scratch. I tetrised my bags so good.

So, one more story from Origins, because I forgot to tell this one. In my last BR on Sunday, the guy across from me diagonally pulls Condiment King. Him and the other two guys start laughing about it, making jokes all "well I know what's coming back to me" and "ooh Condiment King, what a stud", etc. I draft him when he gets passed to me. When the guy notices that Condiment King didn't come back to him after all, everyone asks why I took him. I tell them "you're all underestimating Condiment King, and I'm going to teach you to fear him". They laughed like I was making a joke.

By the time Condiment King force-blasted Major Force into a wall to kill him, nobody was laughing but me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Andy, did you by chance need any previous years' ATAs or have an interest in trading/selling that extra set?

We had our first Civil War this week; there's only 8 regulars so we each got to buy two boosters, build a 300 point team and then run two BRs. I lucked the gently caress out and got Atlas and Taskmaster so I could do the endless Taskmaster trick, rounding it out with Microbe and Patriot.

Patriot did exactly jack poo poo, never making a Leadership for me, missing the one attack he made in either round, and both times got 1-hit KO'd. Microbe is worth his weight in gold, Traited Outwit that gave -1 defense for an entire round meant that people were happy to let him live as long as I wasn't targeting them as they had an easier time KOing the figures he was countering. When the 11 attack Support clicks showed up though he became target #1 and went down fast.

Atlas was superb, that Thunderbolts trait is ridiculous as I never kept more than one action token on him in either game, and at one point I managed a Quake that hit 11 people, KOing three thanks to knockback. The original Thunderbolts trio from this set were my top wants and so far this one doesn't disappoint. Tasky is as abusable and silly as he looks, a walking engine of destruction when allowed to act every turn sans consequence thanks to Masters of Evil, he personally KO'd three figures and wounded several others. That his second trait just needs the opposing adjacent figure to have a higher value but doesn't specify printed means he was often rocking an 11 attack thanks to the Perplex in this set, or 19 defense if I stayed on click 1 and used his own Perplex. Still miffed he doesn't have Agency X but it's a minor complaint for how good he is.

As for other figures, I was incredibly surprised by Cobalt Man, that guy's a little rear end in a top hat with his tricky Pulse Wave and pink powers. Stature is an absolute monster in this sealed and 1-hit KO'd every single figure she attacked, even when she was on click 6. Speaking of, 8 clicks for 80 points and she can reliably dish out a 10 attack 3 damage or better on every single one; the gently caress?

I wound up scoring like fourth or something, but I won fellowship and got a Punisher, who looks terrifically trolly if not terribly Punisher-y.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Jun 23, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:
Help me decide on a team for tomorrow because I am stuck in choice lock.

It's 400 points, no figures over 150, must have a theme. I can't decide if I want to do a TMNT theme or Marvel Knights. I basically want to use some Con swag.

TMNT Easy Math theme

4 common turtles - 200
Casey, Splinter, and April - 100
Party Wagon - 100

TMNT Different con theme

Take away party wagon and normal Casey. Replace them with Con Casey and Nobody. 390 points.

Marvel Knights
125 point van
10 points for resource
60 point punisher that came with it
OP Kit blade with Midknight Sons ATA
75 point Spider-Man that came in the ASM gravity feed, I'll abuse his morphs to get him to a 125 point version.
20 point Night Nurse

OR

Drop Spider-Man and add Galactic Guardians Dr. strange with Midnight Sons ATA

Basically the weapons are gonna make this team go, Spidey with his range bumped by a gun can just hand out -3 attacks like crazy. I think my loadout will be handgun, smoke grenade, sniper rifle , Molotov or flash grenade, rocket launcher, Riot Shield, BFG

If you can decide on a better marvel Knights team let me know. Also I will be playing against at least one other Ninja Turtles theme with a full van, nicktoon Leo, Chase Ralph, common Mikey and don, 30 point Casey and April.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Do you not have to pay the points for the weapons if you're paying for the resource on the Punisher Van?

Spider-Man with a handgun is bothering my sense of theme-liness. Although I guess he's never been Batman about it.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Steve Vader posted:

Do you not have to pay the points for the weapons if you're paying for the resource on the Punisher Van?

Spider-Man with a handgun is bothering my sense of theme-liness. Although I guess he's never been Batman about it.

Don't think so.

Force Construction & Scoring This resource costs 10 points and begins on its Red starting line, or costs 5 points and begins on its Blue starting line. Punisher Van may be played without paying this additional costs, but if you do, the Weapons Dial is ignored. Choose 4 different Weapon object tokens and 3 different Weapon 3-D objects to assign to the Punisher Van. When a Weapon is placed by this resource is KO'd, your opponent does not score it, instead re-assign it to Punisher Van.

I read that as you paid for the resource, you don't need to pay for the guns.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Morand has the right of it; you can bring whatever you want in the van, but you're limited in what you can use by how much you pay for the Weapons dial. If you pay 5 points, you get to drop 10 points worth of equipment throughout the match. Want to drop that BFG? That'll be 7 points, thanks, but now you definitely can't use that Flamethrower you also picked.

It's a neat mechanic, because it provides a lot of situational use where you can use a few small things, or a bunch of big things. The weapons also interact in fun ways if someone can use Energy Explosion. Take the Punisher from Deadpool. If you give him the Sniper Rifle, he can do a Range 10, 2 damage attack with Precision Strike that can trigger his EE, so it deals Penetrating and splashes out 2 damage. The van's way more interesting than I'd initially given it credit for.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I am dumb, so very very dumb. I played the Punisher van. I thought it started at 1 and counted up. Why did I think this? Because I am dumb. Because of this, the van was wasted points as I couldn't drop the items I wanted when I most needed them.

I ended up running

Van at 75
10 point armory
OP Kit Blade with Midnight Sons ATA.
75 point ASM Spider-Man
60 point punisher that came with the Van
Night Nurse
60 point Black Widow from Cap gravity feed.

Round 1 versus
Mary Marvel
150 point Lex that gives out Superman Enemy
100 point can't be outwit Batman

This is where my stupidity with the armory dial cost me as I farted around trying to get out the chain gun or rocket launcher and meanwhile Mary laughed at me while wrecking Blade. Night Nurse couldn't take the stress, missing all support rolls and even crit missing once. Punisher was more effective out of the Van, managed to morph Spidey to a guy with outwit and got lex thanks to some amazing rolls, but I really missed blade and with batmans ludicrous attack and precision Spidey died fast. Mary then just picked me apart. Van blew up and did one to Mary but also lost the nurse and punisher alone wasn't gonna do it.

SO DUMB.

Round 2 versus The Hand

Hand Wolverine and the Belt
Silver Samurai
Psylocke?
Someone who has stealth and poison and get perplex later and is old. Not helpful I know but I forget.

I won map, held back, still playing the dumb resource wrong. But I did rocket me some ninja's. And it was enough, lost widow but ninja's hate rockets.

Round 3 versus the new warriors
Night Thrasher
Namorita
Silhouette
Justice
Speedball
60 point Nova that can pulse for 2.

Night Nurse took a big hit early from speedball. That hurt. Then Nova hit everything except the Van. Ouch
Because I was still playing the resource wrong I basically didn't use it. I did ram him with the Van and he began focusing solely on it. Which I kinda encouraged by taking punishers values and making attacks while not moving. It worked as his whole team was in range when it blew up and blade and punisher just cleaned up.

2-1 and got fellowship surprisingly so people must have been amused by me rocketing some Ninja's.

I was ready to wrote how awful the Van was on here until I spoke to a buddy of mine and he laughed his butt off at me and explained my error. So now I need to get the punisher from Civil war and take rocket shots while rolling multiple dice.

One day I'll learn how to play this game I swear.

Edit: Re-read civil,war punisher, he can't dual rocket but he can roll multiple attack dice

Morand fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 27, 2016

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Had a 400 Point, you must have one Villain on your team tourney. I went with the Legion of Doom to give the "My Teammates are Worthless" ATA a try, and wow, it's a strong one.

My team was:

Lex and Joker @ 200 Pts
Edward Nigma from SLOSH @ 69 Pts
Giganta from SLOSH FF @ 100 Pts
My Teammates are Worthless x3 @ 15 Points

Match 1:

UXM 62 Magneto @ 150
UXM 40 Magneto @ 90
UXM 50 Beast @ 60
SLOSH Gates @ 50
Sinestro Corps Battery w/ Ring and Crossbow, Decoy, Wall and Scissors @ 40

Opponent won map roll and took it to Jean Gray's mansion, plenty of Walls for his Magneto to chew up. He advanced just short of my full perplexed range of Lex and Joker, so I progressed slowly, dropping barriers to cut off the main hallway. He brought in all of his force except the non-chase Magneto with Gates. However, on my turn, to play it safe, both Giganta and Lex took -2 off of Nigma's defense to protect themselves, but the Chase Magneto was able to quickly dispatch Giganta with the free action attacks. I quickly fired back with Lex and Joker though, using the -2 to add +2 to Lex and Joker's attack, and then perplexing damage to drop effectively a ranged flurry taking out Gates, and narrowly missing Beast. Nigma, using Batman Enemy, was able to land a MC on Beast and charge him into the non-Chase Magneto for a heavy hit. Lex and Joker were able to dodge effectively, and Nigma stuck around for another turn before going down. I was able to pick off both Beast and Non-Chase Magneto the next turn with Lex and Joker. The remaining Magneto almost took down Lex and Joker, but missed his last attack and I was able to Duo Attack for the win next turn.

Match 2:
DCOP Composite Superman @ 300
WOL Black Lantern Reanimate x2 @ 70
WOL Black Hand posessing Composite Superman @ 25 Points
SLOSH Mon-El (Prime), Superboy, Computo, and one other character I can't think of on the Sideboard for Composite Superman

He won roll, stuck with the same map, and his strategy was clear from the go, he wanted to be able to land on 1 for his dice so he could use Computo's "Stop Click" to only ever take 1 damage, making the match a slog. Thankfully, he never managed to land on that. He quickly moved out into the Library section of the mansion, and blew out a wall while I was feeling out his range. The wall he blew out put me just in range for a double sidestep with Lex and Joker and also a Sidestep Charge with Giganta, managing to dole out 8 clix of damage in a single turn when he had Invincible, being backed up by the attack stolen from Nigma. He tried to put up a counterattack, but missed his attack, and his Composite Superman went down shortly after, and the Reanimates on their own were of little consequence.

We only went two rounds as we only had 6 guys playing, including the Judge, and 2 of the guys playing already had the set of figures, so we handed out figures from there. All my Teammates are Worthless is really strong, and if you can steal values off of a support piece, and have a way like Batman Enemy to mitigate the loss, you can do some serious damage with it. Also, this was my first time using the World's Vilest, and I don't know how I underestimated this fig before, and especially when their combat values don't drop, and they're sitting on a 13 Attack with 5 Damage for both shots of a Duo attack..

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

So after many years we're finally getting a new Carnage: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/044-Carnage.jpg

:stare: He's a goddam monster is what he is; 100 points for a full dial of Blades, Plasticity, Shape Change, no attack under 10, who will never get an action token and constantly heal as long as he's hitting things. Deliciously gross

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Sanschel posted:

So after many years we're finally getting a new Carnage: http://heroclix.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/044-Carnage.jpg

:stare: He's a goddam monster is what he is; 100 points for a full dial of Blades, Plasticity, Shape Change, no attack under 10, who will never get an action token and constantly heal as long as he's hitting things. Deliciously gross

That just feels right.

At this point, I'm wondering why they even bother mentioning a significant appearance of the character. Either put their first, or just put up a picture from the comics.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Sanschel posted:

Yup, he's a blender set to Liquefy. Really good.

So I had a 400 point Turtle team I was dying to play and this weekend was 400 points, so:

Chase Raphael
SR Leo
Common Michaelangelo
Common Donatello
Casey Jones
April O'Neil
Party Van at 100

Round 1 was against a disgusting cheese team.

SI Dr. Strange with full Utility Belt
Felix Faust with Predator
Faust
Wong

Chatter after the event had wide agreement that this was going way, way too far and uncalled for. It beat me, but I made a pretty good show of it and might have actually won, but Felix Faust made a disgusting amount of shape change and super senses rolls. Oh well. gently caress this team and gently caress the guy playing it.

Round 2 against the Rogues:

Rainbow Raider
Golden Glider
Trickster
Captain Boomerang
Pied Piper

The Turtles went through these guys like a hot knife through butter. Either Mikey or Raphael were flurrying them to death or Leonardo was Bladesing for 5, but it was just OHKOs left and right. Even with Rainbow Raider draining the entire team for the whole match and going down last, it wasn't even cute. I just basically marched across the map, through all his guys, and ended up in his starting area dog-piling on Rainbow Raider.

Round 3 against an unconventional Justice League
SR Batman from WF
Lex Luthor
Mary Marvel

Couldn't outwit Batman or Mary Marvel, so that left Lex, who I simply took all his toys away from. Batman doesn't take it well when four dudes charge up in his face and they all have no problem hitting an 18, so he went down first. Then I took away Lex's defense and killed him too. That left Mary, and while one-for-one she's an easy match for the turtles, I had her outnumbered and she could only make one attack per turn while my team was an absolute blender once it got into range. After I knocked her off Hypersonic it was all over.

2-1, didn't make second place because the Rogues were underbuilt. Also, in addition to the cheese team, two other teams used the Utility Belt and another team used Phoenix Force. I'm getting a bit pissed off at this venue and seriously considering bringing hard cheese until they calm it the gently caress down.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Looks like somebody revealed the Defenders monthly OP kit, featuring Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, and Shroud!

A pretty decent showing all around, but I'm really liking that Shang-Chi. Yes, yes, let's just make a ton of attacks for 1 damage each with Precision Strike, or switch to a pain in the rear end defensive mode.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

That Moon Knight is similarly well done

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Looks like somebody revealed the Defenders monthly OP kit, featuring Moon Knight, Shang-Chi, and Shroud!

A pretty decent showing all around, but I'm really liking that Shang-Chi. Yes, yes, let's just make a ton of attacks for 1 damage each with Precision Strike, or switch to a pain in the rear end defensive mode.

Oh man. That Shang Chi + Anything with Outsiders TA is going to be insane. I'm thinking the 25 point Nightwing from the WF FF is going to go quite nicely with this.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

They're doing an All-Batgirl OP Kit with Babs, Cass & Steph? Awesome! I'm guess Babs will be in her Batgirl of Burnside getup.

And hey, they remember Cass' Blackbat identity existed! Now if only DC did in the comics...

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I somehow missed Speed Demon and Boomerang yesterday: http://heroclix.com/marvel-heroclix.../#axzz4DCe9P9IU

A good budget option for SD, and for 5 points more than Quicksilver he picks up Indom and an ESD he should get 2/3rds of the time, at the expense of his HSS Flurry getting buried at the end.

Boomerang is a good leader/ranged attacker, and with MoE and his Leadership ability there's no reason he shouldn't be doing something almost always. I'm confused why he doesn't have some kind of "boomerang" power like the LE Captain Boomerang, they nailed that power so well I expected them to just reuse it.

I love the variety on their traits, so they depending on what you need with a proper Superior Foes team you can thus far give somebody Precision Strike, Prob, or pseudo-Incap.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

I somehow missed Speed Demon and Boomerang yesterday: http://heroclix.com/marvel-heroclix.../#axzz4DCe9P9IU

A good budget option for SD, and for 5 points more than Quicksilver he picks up Indom and an ESD he should get 2/3rds of the time, at the expense of his HSS Flurry getting buried at the end.

Boomerang is a good leader/ranged attacker, and with MoE and his Leadership ability there's no reason he shouldn't be doing something almost always. I'm confused why he doesn't have some kind of "boomerang" power like the LE Captain Boomerang, they nailed that power so well I expected them to just reuse it.

I love the variety on their traits, so they depending on what you need with a proper Superior Foes team you can thus far give somebody Precision Strike, Prob, or pseudo-Incap.

I wonder if all five will come out to 600 points.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Got an email saying the Superior Foes pre-releases have been cancelled because WK product was on a train that tragically derailed in Texas.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Okay, so during a game tonight, I had AVAS Sandman use his barrier trick to corner Mystique.

Her trait:

SHAPESHIFTER: Mystique can use Shape Change and begins the game with a Shapeshift token on her card. While she has a Shapeshift token, she can use Improved Movement: Ignores Characters and opposing characters can only target her if they began the turn adjacent to her. When Mystique targets an opposing character with an attack, remove all Shapeshift tokens. When she succeeds using Shape Change, if she doesn't have one, place a Shapeshift token on her card.

Sandman's trait:

QUICKSAND AND CONCRETE: Sandman can use Barrier and Smoke Cloud. When he uses either, you may place Sandman on this card (his terrain markers remain on the map) and at the beginning of your next turn, place him in a square into which he placed on of these terrain markers. Sandman may not be placed on this card if he was on this card during the beginning of your turn.

Sandman traps her with adjacent Barrier markers, then reappears in a square next to her at the beginning of the turn. Can he attack her, or not?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

I'd say yes, because Sandman explicitly reappears at the beginning of the turn.

Mutant Headcrab
May 14, 2007
The ruling over on the Wizkids rules forum is that a character has to already be adjacent when your turn starts. Sidestep, beginning of turn movements/placements, and free action moved/placements won't work against Mystique.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Yeah, sadly he couldn't attack her, it's really frustrating. He could still Poison her, at least.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Someone on the rules or design team must be a fan of mystique. They continually rule in her favor

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Mutant Headcrab posted:

The ruling over on the Wizkids rules forum is that a character has to already be adjacent when your turn starts. Sidestep, beginning of turn movements/placements, and free action moved/placements won't work against Mystique.

That's how the judge ruled, which I was fine with. It just limited me to trapping her with Sandman, then poisoning her.

The guy playing her was able to equip the Red Son Brainiac to her as the game went on, but she missed her only attack, which let me finally target and kill her.

Amazing that she was able to occupy a 140-point character for the duration of the game, though.

And, for FYI, the team I played (in a casual game) was The Wild Pack:

- DP Paladin
- Thunderbolts ATA for Pal
- AVAS Sandman
- DP 100-point Silver Sable
- OPCW Battlestar
- War Machine ID (GFCW Machine on sideline)

The team is a little limited in how much it can move around, but clumped together, they're pretty goddamn tough. In a 4-way game, Sandman and Sable were left against a Hal and Guy when we decided to call it. As long as everyone stays adjacent, they can all share the T-Bolts ATA (for Mystics, in this case), and both Sable and Sandman had chances to take tokens off of Battlestar, with Sable's Leadership boosted by the bonus Leadership for Sandman granted by Battlestar.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Morand posted:

Someone on the rules or design team must be a fan of mystique. They continually rule in her favor

I would have made the same ruling. The beginning of the turn is a distinct subdivision of the turn. I can't recall them offhand, but other effects that deal with "beginning the turn" check for where the character was when that step began.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

ManiacClown posted:

I would have made the same ruling. The beginning of the turn is a distinct subdivision of the turn. I can't recall them offhand, but other effects that deal with "beginning the turn" check for where the character was when that step began.

Originally it was ruled that an ID card character brought into the game next to her could attack her, because it is beginning its turn adjacent to her, that made sense. Then it was changed for no real reason. This is more what I base the mystique love on.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I'm assuming it was altered to remain consistent with how Sidestep was ruled for her; since the character didn't start the turn adjacent to her and therefore cannot attack her, but it really shouldn't be so impossible to hit her. I used her today on a Spy team and she ran roughshod over the healers and soft targets, breaking formations without concern and KO'd four figures without ever making an attack.

I love Mystique but having played and too often seen her loaded with Entity or Ion to provide Healing/Prob or TK/Outwit that I can do virtually nothing about and it's left a sour taste, I'll stick with the DoFP one.

Sanschel fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jul 4, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Sanschel posted:

I'm assuming it was altered to remain consistent with how Sidestep was ruled for her; since the character didn't start the turn adjacent to her and therefore cannot attack her, but it really shouldn't be so impossible to hit her. I used her today on a Spy team and she ran roughshod over the healers and soft targets, breaking formations without concern and KO'd four figures without ever making an attack.

I love Mystique but having played and too often seen her loaded with Entity or Ion to provide Healing/Prob or TK/Outwit that I can do virtually nothing about and it's left a sour taste, I'll stick with the DoFP one.

See, that's one thing that bugs me about Heroclix: Some figures become cheese before I even have a chance to play them.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Playing in an odd event Thursday. It's Civil War:Otherworldly Help.

Choose a figure from the DC or Indie Universe that is Modern Age that is 200 pts. or less.

With that figure build a 400 pt. that is either Anti-Registration or Pro-Registration theme team (the other worldly figure will be granted either keyword)

It's the last game I get before vacation so even though I haven't had a chance to play in any Civil War games I figured I'd give it a shot.

Thankfully I own a Civil War Punisher and Night Nurse thanks to trades! So I have just enough to make a team. My idea is:

Punisher - 80
Night Nurse - 20
Punisher Van - 75
Armory Resource - 10
Apollo (The God from SM/WW) - 200
Diplomatic Immunity ATA on Apollo - 5
Superman ID Card with KC Superman - 5
Wonder Woman ID Card with the 200 point charge flurry Wonder Woman

I think literally everyone forgot how amazing that Apollo is. The ATA is situational as gently caress and likely never to come up but I figured why not try it out once. First turn plan is Punisher PA to drive. Van pops out Riot Shield, Apollo equips said shield.

From there, look for chances to rocket the gently caress out of dudes and Apollo can play clean up. Also I want to play the goddamn resource correctly at least once.

Advice welcome but remember that Punisher, Van, and Nurse not able to be dropped. I don't own anything else from Civil War. Life has conspired to keep me away from any events.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

Morand posted:

Originally it was ruled that an ID card character brought into the game next to her could attack her, because it is beginning its turn adjacent to her, that made sense. Then it was changed for no real reason. This is more what I base the mystique love on.

See, I have to disagree there. The original ruling didn't make sense to me because beginning the turn being relative to a given character was something that just came out of the blue. Now, if the rules text had said "began its turn" with that ruling I could have understood it. However, "began the turn" would refer to the current turn regardless of whether the character was there at the beginning or not.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This Tuesday I've got a game where everybody can use Shape Change, what are some figures that gently caress with or rely upon it?

So far I've got:

Galius Zed Black Lantern
LE Captain Britain
BL Batman
Wrath relic

I felt like there were more but I'm drawing a blank. Also taking suggestions on good figures with Battle Fury.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Krypto ignores shape change.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Does the Hulkbuster Right Arm count as a replacement of combat values?:

"Give a friendly character in this square or holding this object a power action to equip it. Opposing characters can KO this object only by using it in an object attack. (To equip, take the object and place it on the standard character's card. The character can use its effects. If the character is KO'd or equipped with a second object, KO the first equipped object.)

This character can use Energy Explosion and has a minimum range value of 6."

Basically: Can KC Hawkman use it?

Sanschel posted:

This Tuesday I've got a game where everybody can use Shape Change, what are some figures that gently caress with or rely upon it?

So far I've got:

Galius Zed Black Lantern
LE Captain Britain
BL Batman
Wrath relic

I felt like there were more but I'm drawing a blank. Also taking suggestions on good figures with Battle Fury.

Mr. Majestic: "MOLECULAR SIGHT: Mr. Majestic ignores Shape Change. When Mr. Majestic uses the Move and Attack ability, he modifies his attack value by -1 instead of -2."

WoS Bullseye: "I NEVER MISS: Characters targeted by Bullseye can't use Shape Change or Super Senses."

UC IH Daredevil: "I CAN HEAR YOUR HEARTBEAT: Daredevil ignores Shape Change and Stealth."

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,

A minimum is a replacement if it applies. This is because if the value is below the minimum it becomes the minimum.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Sanschel posted:

So far I've got:

Galius Zed Black Lantern
LE Captain Britain
BL Batman
Wrath relic

AOU Hulk is really the best bet when it comes to battle fury nonsense.

Torrent
Apr 18, 2003
" . . . "

Sanschel posted:

Black Lantern Batman from DC10th heals when opponents roll a 1 or 2 on Shape Change.

TT201 Grymm can Mind Control people with Battle Fury, and gets +2 to hit when doing so.

Colossal Atom's retaliation ignores Shape Change.

You've got a few figures who can hand out Battle Fury (Unspoken, Morand's Shriek, Atrocitus), but they hand it out indiscriminately, so that won't give you an advantage.

You can probably expect a lot of opposing Battle Fury, so figures who can keep others away will be useful - Flash's Elongated Man and Deadpool's Anaconda both have Plasticity that works a couple squares out, which could come in really handy.

And, really, anyone who has a couple other d6 damage avoidance options can get silly, stacking up Shape Change. The new KC Flash comes to mind.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Umm... holy poo poo, where did this Hydro-Man come from? He's terrifying on his own and the new best friend of every piece who gets supercharged in water terrain.

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
One of the places I play at ran a 400-point "all characters under 100 points" game recently. I think the judge is trying to get a newer player to stop playing hard cheese, because each build has been specifically engineered to make the team the guy played the previous week not legal. I think it's just going to run players off, but whatever.

I ran a Soldier themed team of...

CW Prize Punisher
CW Prize Cap
Rocket Raccoon from Galactic Guardians
Union Jack prime
Punisher Van at 75 with a 10-point Weapons Dial with Rocket Launcher, Flamethrower, Surveillance Device, Chaingun, and some other stuff.

The Punisher Van is great! None of the teams I faced were incredibly aggressive, so I could pump out weapons on turns 1 and 2, possibly 3 with Cap's Leadership, and slowly carry creep up. Highlights included:

Cap Sidestepping next to Union Jack, who had a Surveillance Device, and then using a flamethrower to set two Batmen and Ace the Bathound on fire. They all promptly died at the start of the next turn because of the fire tokens. Batmen then surrounded the van and wailed on it until it exploded on them for 3 damage apiece, popping Punisher out to be murdered. I lost, but I set a dog on fire.

Union Jack using a Rocket Launcher to explode a Living Mummy, dealing 1 penetrating splash to surrounding Werewolves with hammers from the Book of the Skull, then blowing them up again with the Rocket Launcher's secondary explosion. Punisher then popped out and threw a molotov at another group of werewolves, setting one on fire and killing two more.

Rocket blowing away blocking terrain to allow Union Jack to, once again, fire from outside of his normal range, surprising my opponent, and then crippling half his team with the splash.

I'm super impressed with the versatility my team received from the different bits and bobs from the Van. I got a ton of versatility and got to surprise my opponent when they thought they were safely out of range. Coupled with bypassing the standard vehicle exploding rules, it's definitely going into the "I need to play with this more" box.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

This last Sunday was a 400 pt game where lines of fire to characters could not be drawn and the only attacks that could be made had to be close combat, and HSS was full movement Charge. I opted to abuse some New Hotness:

CW Sentry
AA Cap
Reptil
CW Luke Cage
Avengers Response Unit

To say that Cap and Sentry pair is abusive is putting it mildly; there were exactly two turns in three rounds of play, not counting first turn, that Sentry didn't attack something. That you don't even need to technically succeed at Leadership to remove a token from Sentry is absurd, but actually making it means that Cap was letting both Sentry and Luke or Reptil act multiple times in a row. With multiple Leaderhsips Sentry is a pepetual motion machine of mayhem, to say nothing of the fact that in the two games he took enough damage to land on his first stop click he wound up with +1. Backed with the ATA and Empower and he was rocking 12/19/5 every turn, things didn't last long. In light of this, it's super weird to me that no Norman Osborn or Green Goblin has Leadership to pair with Sentry, but Cap spreading the love (on a couple of occasions Sentry started a turn with two action tokens and had 0 by the time the beginning of the turn was over) makes up for it.

Honorable mention goes to Cage, who I enjoyed the durability of, lasting way longer against heavy Exploit Weakness hits than a figure of his point cost really ought to. It's just rough to position him once the Battle Fury shows up if he's not already based with somebody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Looking for thoughts on the following team

It's 600 points, no resources. I've yet to run the turtle van and I have a shades of grey Casey burning a hole in my pocket.

Here's my plan.

4 chase turtles at 300
Splinter
April
Con Casey
Nobody
Turtle Van

I have 10 points to fill. I have 2 plans. The first is a Hulkbuster Torso that I will have Casey equip to be on similar toughness levels with the turtles. That's 10 points

Plan 2 is an omega drive and shield level 7 with Winter Soldier.

With either team Splinter is probably going to drive until it's time to make an attack and he'll pop out for bonuses and nobody will jump in. Casey will stay next to April to give her an 18 and drop the hammer when needed.

Any thoughts welcome.

• Locked thread