Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Hazdoc posted:

Man, I was getting really turned off on the russian TDs, but the SU-85B owns once you get the last gun. I hope to see bigger numbers popping up when I hit people.
I daresay the 85B's top gun is one of the best-for-tier guns in the game, it's just such a perfect balance between alpha and fire rate.
For extra fun times, you might actually wanna try carrying a bunch of HE shells with it. The 85 mm HE is pretty hefty and will fully pen all kinds of things around your tier with alarming reliability.

Fake edit: Oh poo poo, there was another page. Well whatever, the 85B deserves the praise.

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Did they end up nerfing the 85B's elevation, too? I remember being able to aim almost 45 degrees up.
Nope, it's been terrible for as long as I remember.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
Looks like x5 XP, 50% sub tier 5, 30% tier 6/7, and 15% tier 8 to 10 discount. 50% gold tier 5 and below and 15% tier 8 discount US Tanks only. No credit bonuses anywhere to be seen.

Edit: vvv Totally missed the US part. :(

rex rabidorum vires fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Jul 1, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Everyone buy the Churchill 3. You're welcome.

And then shoot enemy Churchills in the turret face.

Wait, American tanks only? Eat a dick, WG.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 1, 2016

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Blindeye posted:

It's fine. With a man down me and the cap did manage to eek out a draw trolling a platoon of hetzers, which seemed to be the platoon makeup of choice.

Next time we will hopefully have more people.

So if that's what everyone was bringing it sounds like the counter would've been literally anything with vision.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

I can't believe I kissed you!

Atomizer posted:

So if that's what everyone was bringing it sounds like the counter would've been literally anything with vision.

It was Ensk, unfortunately the farthest I could get from the central cap point was still too close to reliably blind-fire. I had to aggro them out of the cap with not enough time left for them to recover.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001
So since I've been gone for about 9 months, I have to ask: Have there been any mission sets where you end up with a tier premium at the end? I seem to recall doing one for the IS-6, and then one for the 112, but nothing since. Just asking because a couple of weeks ago there was a set of missions on console for a special camo version of the T-54 first prototype, and now there's: https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/game-events/fight-forthe-amxcdc/

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Valle posted:

So since I've been gone for about 9 months, I have to ask: Have there been any mission sets where you end up with a tier premium at the end? I seem to recall doing one for the IS-6, and then one for the 112, but nothing since. Just asking because a couple of weeks ago there was a set of missions on console for a special camo version of the T-54 first prototype, and now there's: https://console.worldoftanks.com/en/news/pc-browser/game-events/fight-forthe-amxcdc/

Nope, you haven't missed anything. Even the brutal 250k XP ontrack grinds have been mostly garbage tanks, and only give credits if you already have the tank.

WGA's specials have been kind of dire.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you'd think that they'd get more generous as the game ages and people lose interest, not less

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

From each according to his wallet, to each according to Wargaming's profit margins.

Optiquest
Feb 8, 2004

Is it only 5x xp on the first win?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Optiquest posted:

Is it only 5x xp on the first win?

Probably. Anyone in game want to confirm and also say what the missions are?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

Probably. Anyone in game want to confirm and also say what the missions are?

5x xp on the first win only. The daily mission is 10k xp in a platoon (dynamic or otherwise), once a day. You get a xp booster for it. Do it 5 times, get 5 tickets, 10x 10 tickets, then 20, and then 31 (because gently caress you, poopsock more. You do this you can get an emblem with 31 on it, woo?). Doing it 20 times gets you a credit booster instead of a crew or experience bonus.

Nothing super special about the tickets, collect 5 and you get large consumables, collect 10 get 3 of one kind of booster, collect 15 get 2 sets of optics, gld, OR vertstab mk1, collect 20 and you can choose 5 garage slots, a t14, an excelsior, OR a "matilda" that I'll assume is a matilda IV.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Blindeye posted:

5x xp on the first win only. The daily mission is 10k xp in a platoon (dynamic or otherwise), once a day. You get a xp booster for it. Do it 5 times, get 5 tickets, 10x 10 tickets, then 20, and then 31 (because gently caress you, poopsock more. You do this you can get an emblem with 31 on it, woo?). Doing it 20 times gets you a credit booster instead of a crew or experience bonus.

Nothing super special about the tickets, collect 5 and you get large consumables, collect 10 get 3 of one kind of booster, collect 15 get 2 sets of optics, gld, OR vertstab mk1, collect 20 and you can choose 5 garage slots, a t14, an excelsior, OR a "matilda" that I'll assume is a matilda IV.

The only worthwhile reward of those would be if you could get all of an option, like getting 6 pieces of equipment or getting 5 garage slots and all three of those premium tanks. Good luck any of you poopsockers.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

The only worthwhile reward of those would be if you could get all of an option, like getting 6 pieces of equipment or getting 5 garage slots and all three of those premium tanks. Good luck any of you poopsockers.

Indeed. In other news, when tanks annoys me, I jump in arty to become one with the sky cancer and make it rain death. Everyone's told me the m12 is poo poo but even with 90% crew and the stock gun I've been running up the score....

http://wotreplays.com/site/2789639#ensk-abnormalreflex-m12

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

I just realized I haven't checked Status Report in like 2 months.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Atomizer posted:

I just realized I haven't checked Status Report in like 2 months.

Cool, there hasn't been anything of value posted there in months. The Sandbox appears to have slowed everything down.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm sad the new German medium is being compared unfavorably to the m4 improved. Well just have to see what goes on sale for Bastille day.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's been a real long time for me too. I think I will give the game a other go when the new French T9 comes out.

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

RandomPauI posted:

I'm sad the new German medium is being compared unfavorably to the m4 improved. Well just have to see what goes on sale for Bastille day.

Another tank that sparked my interest/I should be a sucker for. Alas, guess I'll blow my gold on something else.

On that note what's the word on that new kitty-Patton, anyway?

Tourney attempt neu!

Tier V on Himmelsdorf on Tuesday, July 5th at 9:30PM.

Password: Blaargh

http://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000000278/team/1000063378/

Get in or not be in I guess or something! If in just show up this time, ya drat goons. :hurr:

Edit: Added the password to the post. This time I am the 'hurr'.

Captain Blaargh fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Jul 2, 2016

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Captain Blaargh posted:

Another tank that sparked my interest/I should be a sucker for. Alas, guess I'll blow my gold on something else.

On that note what's the word on that new kitty-Patton, anyway?

On paper it looks nearly identical to the Pershing, including having a broad mantlet which should make for a few pull-down bounces at least. Who knows what it's really like, though. I think it has been out before, hopefully someone knows for sure.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

The M46KR is basically a Pershing.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

22 Eargesplitten posted:

On paper it looks nearly identical to the Pershing, including having a broad mantlet which should make for a few pull-down bounces at least. Who knows what it's really like, though. I think it has been out before, hopefully someone knows for sure.

heads up, that mantlet is based on the Pershing stock turret, not the upgraded one. center mantlet is ~114 mm, not 203, etc.

http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/pershing#tab:model
http://tanks.gg/wot/tank/m46-kr#tab:model

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Guess I'm not springing for the Hello Kitty Patton. I love this whole not worth the bother thing with the new premiums. Thanks, goons.

Just get an IS-6 or something on a sale plan is still go.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Birch Gun

Queue:
Strv74

Available for request:

:911:
T2E1 Light Tank
Christie Combat Car T1 and Convertible Medium Tank T3
M3 Stuart
M3 Stuart in the USSR

:britain:
17-pdr
Medium Tank Mk.II

:ussr:
LTP
T-37 with ShKAS
T-60
ZIK-20
T-12 and T-24
T-55

:sweden:
Otto Merker's tanks
Strv 74

:poland:
7TP
TK-3/TKS

:japan:
SR tanks
Type 95

:france:
Renault NC
Renault D1
Renault R35 NEW

:godwin:
PzIII Ausf. A
StuG 40 in post-war service

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Also, :siren:Pasholok facts:siren:

Q: Why is the Tetrarch tank in the Soviet tree?
A: The same reason why the Churchill III is in it. These tanks were sent to the USSR, 20 in total. They were first used as training vehicles, but then saw combat.

Q: Is the Object 906 suitable for a light tank?
A: Doubtful. We're avoiding putting in amphibious tanks on purpose. Because of that, it's unlikely that this tank will be added. Its size and lack of armour also means that it won't be very popular. There are more important tanks in store, and it's important that they should be interesting to play.

Q: Was there a project to install a second gun instead of a machinegun on the AT-7?
A: It's not a machinegun. The weapon on the left side is a 20 mm Polsten autocannon, a dangerous thing for lightly armoured vehicles. Since there is no multiple gun support yet, it's only a devoration, but it might be a good defense against lightly armoured light tanks and TDs.

Q: I know there were a lot of KV tanks, KV-1, KV-2, KV-220, etc. How many were there in total and how many of them fought?
A: There were KVs 1 through 14, and KV-1S, KV-8S, and KV-85. The KV-220 and KV-150 later became T-220 and T-150. As for ones that fought, there weren't as many. The experimental T-150 and T-220 saw battle, and the KV-1, KV-2, KV-1S, KV-8, KV-8S, KV-85. The KV-14 fought too, that was the SU-152.

Q: Is the KV-2 on the IS tank chassis going to be added to the game?
A: Only if there is a special event supporting domestic movies, and then the tank will only fire pyrotechnic charges. We'd have to add other "Mosfilm Monsters" like the Tiger made from a T-44 and other horrors of propmaking.

Q: Is the KV-220-2 historical? Can you tell us about how it was made? Is the KV-152 also historical, and can we have it in the game?
A: The KV-152 has no connection to reality. As for the T-220-2, it's historical, but with one caveat. Initially, it had an F-32 gun, which lacks penetration in game. In the game, we replaced it with the ZiS-5, since it has higher penetration and could have theoretically ended up on the tank as a result of repairs. There is an article about the T-220 on Warspot.

Q: Did Germany have agile heavy tanks like the IS series? What about post-war Germany? Can we make up a tech tree until tier 10?
A: Heavy tanks were not designed in Germany after the war.

Q: Was there a Krupp turret project for the Maus or is it a fictional design?
A: Yes, this variant existed in the spring of 1944, known as the Maus II. The E-100 turret is a Maus II turret with the sides thinned out to 80 mm and a lighter mass. Work on it did not progress past blueprints and wooden models.

Q: In your article about the Objectt 257, you talk about the IS-6 with a piked nose that became the foundation for the IS-7. In WoT, the IS-6 has a different hull. Is this historical?
A: Yes, unlike the modernized project, this variant was built in metal. The gun is also historical, since the BL-13 was never installed on the IS-6. As for the modernized design, it remained on paper, and served as a starting point for the first IS-7 design.

Q: How historical is the 15 cm KwK L/38 gun used in the E-100?
A: Oddly enough, not historical. At least in the turret that was used on the E-100. This turret, designed in the spring of 1944, was too small for a 149 mm gun, since a rangefinder was added and the coaxial gun was moved up. Why does it have the gun in the game? The tank was just too depressing without it.

Q: Why doesn't the Grille 15 have a real turret?
A: The Soviet relative of the Grille 15, the Object 120 "Taran" tank destroyer, has the same design. The gun is too large, and full rotation could cause problems. The Grille 15 also had various devices in the front, which limited the traverse to 45 degrees each way.

Q: Did the Soviet MS-1 tank see combat?
A: According to photographs that appear in internet auctions, yes. For example, there are photos of an MS-1 abandoned in Dnepropetrovsk, which has the stock gun (not 45 mm), and it was capable of driving on its own.

Q: Why was the T49 renamed into T67? Why was the stock turret swapped with the top one?
A: Another T49 tank appeared in the game, and we changed the name so it wouldn't be confusing. Also, T67 GCM is the proper name for the elite version of the tank destroyer. It was created by installing a new turret on the T49 GMC. You can read more about it on Warspot.

Q: You touched on the subject of the Tiger-Maus, is it going to be added into the game?
A: It's an open question. Personally, I think that its spot is a replacement for the E-100. The current E-100 is overbuffed, in reality its sides were much thinner. The Tiger-Maus had armour like the actual Maus, and a 1942 one at that, and it also had the 149 mm gun. This doesn't mean that the E-100 will be removed, but I do think that the tech trees should be revised, since some tanks are clearly out of place. Of course, this is just my opinion, and we'll see what will happen.

Q: How historical is it for the KV-2 to see tier 8s? All KV-2s were lost in the start of the Great Patriotic War, and tier 8s entered production at the end.
A: A question for you, how historical are in-game tiers, leveling up guns and other modules, health kits and other game features? Don't look for historical accuracy in a game about tanks.

Q: Why did the Americans reject the T1 and M6 tanks? Were there SPGs planned on their chassis?
A: Their tactical mobility was unsatisfactory. These tanks were hard to transport over long distances, and American tactics relied on this. As for the SPGs, they are in the game, and not just one. The T28 and T95 projects trace their lineage to the M6.

Q: The AMX 50 100 should have a loader in its crew, but he's not in the game. Where's the historical accuracy?
A: Many interesting things happened with the AMX 50. Its crew was initially 5 men, but the radio operator was removed, since his position was also that of the machinegunner, and the machinegun was removed during the design process. In the game, we made the loader a radio operator for some internal reason.

Q: Why are French tanks so similar to the Panther, especially from the rear?
A: Not the Panther, but the Tiger II. They liked the sahpe of the hull, and inherited some parts. The influence of the German design school is obvious.

Q: Why does the KV-2 have a rear turret hatch?
A: It was used to remove the gun, which was quite large, so the hatch had to match it.

Q: Was the KV-4 KTTS a real tank?
A: Yes, it came in second in the KV-4 design competition. The first three letters stand for the last names of the designers and the S indicates that it's an SPG. There was a request for a KV-4 SPG, but without requirements, so we assumed that this KV-4 could serve as a chassis for it. You can read more about the KV-4 on Warspot.

Valle
Apr 16, 2004

Telling customers how to solve world problems since 2001

Ensign Expendable posted:

Since there is no multiple gun support yet

Hahahaha! Yet! As if they'll ever put that in! Good joke there indeed.

Thanks for the facts though! Wish SerB still did these...what is he doing now anyway?

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

A: Many interesting things happened with the AMX 50. Its crew was initially 5 men, but the radio operator was removed, since his position was also that of the machinegunner, and the machinegun was removed during the design process. In the game, we made the loader a radio operator for some internal reason.

Never change, wargaming.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Hey Exia and Primelaw, are you interested in playing the big Summer Play tournament? It's 5v5, 7 player teams (so two reserves), Steppes Encounter, Tier 6, 28 points (2 Chaffees and 3 Cromwells, or 4 Cromwells and a Luchs). The format is basically like a Skirmish - 3 rounds of group stages, followed by a playoffs for the top performing teams. How this differs from a Skirmish is that instead of basically everyone going onto the playoffs, and your team's record just deciding which prize bracket you'll be put in, for this tournament only the top 16 teams will progress to the playoffs. Also, the group stages do not award any gold - the top 16 teams get one 2 hour 50% credits booster, and the rest of the players get a worse credits booster, and everyone wins some useless other kinds of boosters. The top 16 does award gold at a slightly worse rate as the highest tier of Skirmish playoffs.

So, why would we bother playing a worse Skirmish? This poo poo lasts two weeks, why are we bothering to do this? Because the top 10% of teams get Type 59s! Hah I'm just kidding - the actual winner of the tournament, the last team who makes it through the other 16 players in the playoffs, will win 10 million gold! Hah, just kidding - the winner gets to play against WGA, for a prize that hasn't been announced.

:flaccid:

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

so you're saying with a sensible team you could probably pull off 3k with a little effort

Salean fucked around with this message at 08:42 on Jul 3, 2016

Hazdoc
Nov 8, 2012

Muscovy Ducks are a large tropical breed, famous for their lean and extremely flavorful meat.

Hazduck!

~SMcD
God, the low tier French lights are so loving terrible, and now I'm playing the T4 AMX40. What the gently caress can this tank do, its got poo poo pen and its slow as ba-

:chanpop:

The AMX40 seems to be made of invincible. Even if the gun isn't good, holy jesus does it bounce shells. Only damage I took that match was from HE by a Matilda as we stared at each other, unable to pen the other (or get behind each other). I imagine this only works when you're top tier, of course. And if people decide not to shoot gold.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Salean posted:

so you're saying with a sensible team you could probably pull off 3k with a little effort

Being actual top 16 in one of the big tournaments is very difficult, and if you fail to hit that top 16, you've wasted a hell of a lot of time and credits and gained nothing. I'd rather just play a normal Skirmish for gold, since a tournament where missing top 16 is horrible, getting 2nd-16th place is normal Skirmish prize, and 1st is going to require beating another team and also is less gold than winning a Skirmish would be (plus whatever prize WGA couldn't be assed to reveal) means there's zero percent chance I would bother to do this poo poo even if I had the game installed and also wouldn't even know who to grab for a team.

WGA please stop being terrible thanks.

Hazdoc posted:

God, the low tier French lights are so loving terrible, and now I'm playing the T4 AMX40. What the gently caress can this tank do, its got poo poo pen and its slow as ba-

The AMX40 seems to be made of invincible. Even if the gun isn't good, holy jesus does it bounce shells. Only damage I took that match was from HE by a Matilda as we stared at each other, unable to pen the other (or get behind each other). I imagine this only works when you're top tier, of course. And if people decide not to shoot gold.

The AMX 40 is a slow piece of poo poo with a terrible gun, that has armor shaped in such a strange way that shells just magically cannot damage it, which only works for as long as the opponents are tier 4s since pen basically doubles between tier 4 and 6. Unfortunately, the AMX 40's gun is so bad that it has trouble damaging moderately armored enemies, and struggles to damage tier 5s and 6s at all. It is a terrible tank and I suggest you just play it for the 5xs and get through it in as few games as possible.

The Matilda's top gun has 121 regular pen and doesn't get an HE shell, so you probably ran into a stock Matilda, since otherwise you'd have been annihilated.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Birch Gun

Queue:
Strv74

Available for request:

:godwin:
StuG 40 in post-war service

bitte

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Hellsau posted:

The AMX 40 is a slow piece of poo poo with a terrible gun, that has armor shaped in such a strange way that shells just magically cannot damage it, which only works for as long as the opponents are tier 4s since pen basically doubles between tier 4 and 6. Unfortunately, the AMX 40's gun is so bad that it has trouble damaging moderately armored enemies, and struggles to damage tier 5s and 6s at all. It is a terrible tank and I suggest you just play it for the 5xs and get through it in as few games as possible.
:agreed:

The AMX40, to this day, remains the only tank in the entirety of the game that I used Free XP to get around because I couldn't stand to play it anymore.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

RanKizama posted:

:agreed:

The AMX40, to this day, remains the only tank in the entirety of the game that I used Free XP to get around because I couldn't stand to play it anymore.

This is the mother fucker with six thousand M3 Lee games, the AMX 40 is too miserable for this warped crazy person to suffer through.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Hellsau posted:

This is the mother fucker with six thousand M3 Lee games, the AMX 40 is too miserable for this warped crazy person to suffer through.

I think I'm the only person to do the entire AMX 40 grind, but I had a 67% winrate in it. Not because it's good, though.

No, you have to be bait.

Be in unexpected places where allies can support you. People see an AMX 40 and start tripping over themselves to kill you. If you aggro players into going full retard your allies can then punish the enemy team for their greed.

Still a poo poo tank you should only play doubles on.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
I actually grinded through the AMX 40. Because sometimes a tank is just SO BAD that there's some kind of twisted comedy value in playing it.

EDIT: Of course, one can only keep up with this for so long. Thankfully tier 4 isn't long to get through.

Nordick fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Jul 3, 2016

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
So what is everyone's opinion on the french b1 (or is it the b2)? Last time I remember looking, it had worse armor and an even worse gun. It was kind of funny to note that the amx40 is pretty bad as a medium, but it was still a better heavy compared to the actual heavy.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the B1 gets pref MM, which makes quite a difference. it's also much less slow, and has 50% higher DPM. i'd take twenty games in the B1 over five in the AMX 40.

Blindeye
Sep 22, 2006

Shoot gold liberally and it becomes ok. Not great, but okay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
The only tank I've ever free-XPed through was the Sturer Emil, just couldn't do it.