Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
There's a laser treatment that targets and zaps your hair follicles, killing the cells responsible for growing hair. A friend of mine got it done on his back because he would get nasty ingrown hairs, which prompted a few of my lady friends to get their armpits and legs done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.
It's the only way to completely obliterate the follicle.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Takkaryx posted:

There's a laser treatment that targets and zaps your hair follicles, killing the cells responsible for growing hair. A friend of mine got it done on his back because he would get nasty ingrown hairs, which prompted a few of my lady friends to get their armpits and legs done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZMpFS4vGRWk

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I pay cash money you laser my butthole

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Johnny Aztec posted:

I pay cash money you laser my butthole

This is no lie a real medical procedure for the prevention of perianal abcesses.

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Gobbeldygook posted:

For a real-life drug urban legend, google bromo dragonfly. Warning, the photos are :nms: Bromo-dragonfly a hallucingen and a potent vasoconstrictor. It's so potent that it can cause your fingers and toes to need to be amputated.

This sounds like some kind of deranged battlefield bug out chemical, like you're gonna bleed out so you shoot it up and trip balls until evac.

A Festivus Miracle
Dec 19, 2012

I have come to discourse on the profound inequities of the American political system.

Research Chemicals are actually dangerous in a slightly more mundane sense, in that they're ended up replacing a lot of the traditional drugs of choice. For example, when the Feds annihilated LSD production in the States, the response of drug dealers everywhere was to find something cheaper and relatively similar, so they turned to the NBOMEs. This is kind of the same story with heroin, MDMA, cocaine, ketamine. Virtually every traditional drug has been replaced, in part by research chemicals, because they're cheaper to get a hold of and users basically have no way of knowing the difference until they're having a seizure in their tent and their girlfriend calls 911.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

This sounds like some kind of deranged battlefield bug out chemical, like you're gonna bleed out so you shoot it up and trip balls until evac.

Oh no. It's not a "hold you over in another loving dimension till help arrives". Because it has a duration of action of LITERAL DAYS. So you get to party with satan and lose extremites for a good few days.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bromo-dragonFLY IS SOME NASTY rear end poo poo. When its sold as LSD.
Its active at such low doses that it a street dose can easily overdose you.
And rveryrhing that coulf be said about B-Fly could be doubled on NBOMES since those sre active at yhe microgram level. At least when you get a heroiv dose of LSD all you get is a day and a bit of being in another world.
These constrict you veins like a mofo.

Nbomes are to LSD as what Spice is to Weed.
Except the effects are much more...physical.

Rigged Death Trap has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Jun 30, 2016

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:stare:

Gonna guess you're either phone posting, or actually on the stuff at this very moment.

HawkHill
Aug 15, 2015

Takkaryx posted:

Destroying the follicle sounds like it could have some serious down sides:

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0923181106003598

quote:

Later, studies successively demonstrated that bulge cells possess stem cell properties such as high proliferative capacity and multipotency to regenerate not only hair follicles but also sebaceous glands and epidermis.

Chillbro Baggins
Oct 8, 2004
Bad Angus! Bad!

ullerrm posted:

At least it's easy to convert meth to pseudoephedrine if you have a source of MoOPH!

http://heterodoxy.cc/meowdocs/pseudo/pseudosynth.pdf

I was reminded of this on Monday when I tried to buy Sudafed in Arkansas and was told they only sell it to people with an AR ID. So I suffered for a couple of days, and when I got back home to Texas this evening I stopped at my local Walgreens and picked some up, and as the pharmacy tech scanned my driver's license, I asked if one can buy it here with an out-of-state ID. She looked at me like I had three heads, and answered "Yes, of course?" When I explained why I asked, she was equally amazed. Same in Louisiana, I've bought it there before.

I guess AR just wants to keep the meth money in-state. (Clearly they have the technology -- I can scan my TX DL at the AR lottery vending machines and they'll sell me tickets.)

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
:lol: if you actually buy lottery tickets.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Delivery McGee posted:

I was reminded of this on Monday when I tried to buy Sudafed in Arkansas and was told they only sell it to people with an AR ID.

This took a while to process. I kept trying to figure out why you needed to have a gun to buy Sudafed.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

They're very considerate pharmacies and want to make sure you can defend your lab.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Bloody Pom posted:

:stare:

Gonna guess you're either phone posting, or actually on the stuff at this very moment.

Well I was phone posting and packed to the gills with ethanol.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH posted:

:lol: if you actually buy lottery tickets.

Eh. Most people who buy them don't expect to win. They get a kick out of having a chance to win and being part of the excitement. It's a few bucks worth of fun.

It makes as much sense as buying tickets to a movie.

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.

Deteriorata posted:

Eh. Most people who buy them don't expect to win. They get a kick out of having a chance to win and being part of the excitement. It's a few bucks worth of fun.

That's always been my thinking in playing a keno machine at a bar. $5 is cheap entertainment for a good long while if I'm playing nickel slots and the blinkenlights are fun to watch when you're drunk. Plus, some places comp you a drink or three if you're playing (and spending) enough. The chance of winning even part of my money back is kinda just icing on the cake.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Deteriorata posted:

Exactly. An hour or three of clicking around Robb Report or the Ferrari Configurator while dreaming about what I'd do with my life if I didn't have to work is more entertainment for dollar or two than I can get most other places. A ~2 hour movie on cheap nights costs $4, hell even a single boring standard domestic beer is usually more than that before you even get to the tip.

Buying more than one ticket for a drawing where the odds are in the hundreds of millions to one range is silly of course, but most of us easily waste more than a few bucks a week on things that provide less enjoyment.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

Delivery McGee posted:

I was reminded of this on Monday when I tried to buy Sudafed in Arkansas and was told they only sell it to people with an AR ID. So I suffered for a couple of days, and when I got back home to Texas this evening I stopped at my local Walgreens and picked some up, and as the pharmacy tech scanned my driver's license, I asked if one can buy it here with an out-of-state ID. She looked at me like I had three heads, and answered "Yes, of course?" When I explained why I asked, she was equally amazed. Same in Louisiana, I've bought it there before.

That may be Walgreens by Walgreens. I have had the same problem with an in-state but not local ID at a Walgreens, visiting my parents in rural southwest Georgia.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

A lottery ticket is a ticket into your own head.

When the Powerball gets about 300 million or so, I buy a couple of tickets and dream about buying a cheap, crappy NFL team like the Browns or Bills.

Edit: for some reason I thought is was the schadenfreude thread.

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Quiet Feet posted:

A lottery ticket is a ticket into your own head.

When the Powerball gets about 300 million or so, I buy a couple of tickets and dream about buying a cheap, crappy NFL team like the Browns or Bills.

Edit: for some reason I thought is was the schadenfreude thread.

It pretty much is. It's the explodenfreude thread.

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Gobbeldygook posted:

Salvia is a kappa opiod agonist and some people actually like it.

yeah, people who are sexually attracted to grids

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...
This may be of interest (unless you're too fixed on lottery talk).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrHnLXMTOWM

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Bill Hammack is my personal role model. I love that poo poo.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Magnus Praeda posted:

That's always been my thinking in playing a keno machine at a bar. $5 is cheap entertainment for a good long while if I'm playing nickel slots and the blinkenlights are fun to watch when you're drunk. Plus, some places comp you a drink or three if you're playing (and spending) enough. The chance of winning even part of my money back is kinda just icing on the cake.

Nickel slots? Look at fuckin moneybags over here

You play maximum lines too, don't you, Monopoly Guy?

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

The Glumslinger posted:

So how many of these have resulted in hilariously terrifying TCC threads?

As a fairly regular poster in the RC thread and user of a lot of the older ones I can tell you probably none because this poo poo is too scary even for us idiots.

DemeaninDemon posted:

Tcc got into benzos to hilarious results. The big one was phenazepam with some ungodly biological half life of a week. It was a Soviet research drug.

Phenazepam is a prescription drug used in Russia fairly effectively therapeutically. It's not that different from Valium but the effective dosage is in the sub milligrammes range and dumbfuck goons were scooping it up with their fingers. I've used RC benzos completely safely but you have to realize the active dose is smaller than a grain of salt.

Moist von Lipwig has a new favorite as of 08:09 on Jul 3, 2016

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

A White Guy posted:

Research Chemicals are actually dangerous in a slightly more mundane sense, in that they're ended up replacing a lot of the traditional drugs of choice. For example, when the Feds annihilated LSD production in the States, the response of drug dealers everywhere was to find something cheaper and relatively similar, so they turned to the NBOMEs. This is kind of the same story with heroin, MDMA, cocaine, ketamine. Virtually every traditional drug has been replaced, in part by research chemicals, because they're cheaper to get a hold of and users basically have no way of knowing the difference until they're having a seizure in their tent and their girlfriend calls 911.

This times one million. Almost nobody would be doing insane synthetic cannabinoids if they could just smoke weed and get on with their life but instead you have stories of people smoking AM-2201 and having seizures so bad they thought their body has exploded and see their bloody pelvis laying in front of their face while they dislocate all their joints in temporary tetany.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
Anyway, in more FOOF news, I was reading about organic mercury compounds and hormesis the other night and my subjects converged in this research on how low doses of methylmercury cause more birds eggs to hatch than they would at baseline. Hormesis is weird and cool, gonna go back to driving irradiated water and drinking microscopic amounts of alcohol.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

Phenazepam is a prescription drug used in Russia fairly effectively therapeutically. It's not that different from Valium but the effective dosage is in the sub milligrammes range and dumbfuck goons were scooping it up with their fingers. I've used RC benzos completely safely but you have to realize the active dose is smaller than a grain of salt.

Therapeutic does was about .5mg to 1mg, recreational dose was about 1mg to 5mg, blackout for days dose was about 4mg and up.

Exact amounts are going to vary based on tolerance and any other drugs taken recently, or Phenazepam within the past week.

All of those just look like slightly different amounts of powder on the end of a toothpick. Good luck!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah just eyeball it that'll be fine.

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb

SynthOrange posted:

Yeah just eyeball it that'll be fine.
This does not mean "put some inside of a solution and use an eyedropper to place it into your eyeball."

I felt I needed to clarify, some goons thought that's what eyeballing a dose was.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

You forgot about the amnesia, so they forget they've re-dosed and think "Oh hey I think I'll take some" while eyeballing the amount with less accuracy each time. And this cycle continuing for days.

Royale with Cheese posted:

Hey, just replying to say I'm stil alive. Burned through the 200mg of joose in a week or so and ended up in the psych ward for a bit and $350 damage to a friend's car. Did find out I'm bipolar too, which I suppose is a good thing to find out.

Currently making myself a joose milkshake of kiwi, banana, ice cream, peach, ice cream, and chocolate syrup along with oreos, 4-5 shots of everclear and 4mg joose.
E: 1oomg trams as well

thejooseisloose posted:

Benn lurking and following this thread since day1. Experience with compo stuff....holy poo poo where to begin. I tried just a little and it was great. Slept most of the day. Few weeks later monday, i try a little more. I wake up tuesday night with a broken arm from crashing my motorcycle in a parking lot,, walk 30 miles the wrong direction home, in the middle of the night, Cop pulls me aside and wis wondering where I'm going (home No ID No money, no cellphone, but keys thankfully), I fail a sobriety test as it as 30 or so out raining and I was cold shivering so i think i got some leniancy. Thankfully he gave me a lift. Wakup wednesday to an email that said if I wasn't in the hospital i was fired, and my fiances father called and said if I called her again he'd get a restraining order.

Now i find out that despite being in the hospital, I'm still fired. Learn from my lesson folks, you will loose the love of your life and despite being a week later have no idea why. Loose your job, and in a month or so your apartment. I have basically no where to go.

Also the the distinctive way it affected typing.

CSS posted:

I'll be sitting here browsing and tyng andstuff snd then it hit'd hr like a ton of bricks and i'm farr oaway in some fantasy.
---
I'll be sitting here browsing and tyng andstuff snd then it hit'd hr like a ton of bricks and i'm farr oaway in some fantasy. If I hsve weed i hold back but eithourrraaaaaaa. The pagesa are tilted. I need anothrt]]]
---
Oh God, Phenazepam binges are not cool and I'm beginning to dislike it generally when it takes 30 minur3wro write a simple sentence (for some reason while I was writing that sentanceI I was thinking it in the charach
rter if of an american father of a teenage girl:"Where are Benjamin's' pants?" I
I ean
I think I also just had a halluctinarion of will bourroughs ib ny bathroom

BigSuave posted:

Oh man well I" in the missle of my fam renion. I think thry'tre on to me. 200 mgs was definitelyenough, aloung with all the weed and itrous chargers my buddy gave me for no reasdon (I don't like nitrous) but holdy god.

It tool be 8+ houra to drive to protland fomr seattle and another 6 to bend from there so I don't know what the gently caress happened. BU tI got to go to dinner now. Need to keep it cool anad all.

I'll post more whn i have time ofr and sober or at the verty least get back and have time to refplect on it all but in the mean tim shi'ts pretty chil. Went river rafting today. My family tihnkgs the vailium my dentist gave me last wednesedtasy hasn't work off yet or something. Sugh.

I ot to go, know im not makeing sensel def don't feel as soer as I did initialy.

Lots of crashed cars, too.

Bonus:

Koopa posted:

How much Phenazepam would you think gets stuck to the inside of one of those little well-known bags? It doesn't seem like much. I figure 2 - 6 mg? Obviously it's hard to say.

Anyone licked one before and not died?

goodfuldead posted:

I have. I went to jail for 2 weeks after that.

Syd Midnight has a new favorite as of 14:54 on Jul 3, 2016

Buff Skeleton
Oct 24, 2005

:stare: Jesus loving christ. The way people so casually describe the ruination of their own lives really contrasts with what must have actually gone down. And to think these people are driving around too? Fuuuck.

That unsettles me more than driving behind a tanker truck full of anhydrous ammonia. At least the truck driver isn't on... you know what, let's just not think about it and pass as quickly as reasonably possible.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

A surprising amount of western civilisation are regularly driving around on enough drugs to floor a rhino.

Opioids and benzo overperscription.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Moist von Lipwig posted:

As a fairly regular poster in the RC thread and user of a lot of the older ones I can tell you probably none because this poo poo is too scary even for us idiots.

Yeah using recreational phenazepam is really loving stupid and worthy of ridicule.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Sestze posted:

This does not mean "put some inside of a solution and use an eyedropper to place it into your eyeball."

I felt I needed to clarify, some goons thought that's what eyeballing a dose was.

I like to imagine at least one tcc goon was somehow doing both.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Buff Skeleton posted:

:stare: Jesus loving christ. The way people so casually describe the ruination of their own lives really contrasts with what must have actually gone down. And to think these people are driving around too? Fuuuck.

That unsettles me more than driving behind a tanker truck full of anhydrous ammonia. At least the truck driver isn't on... you know what, let's just not think about it and pass as quickly as reasonably possible.

TCC really is the best anti-drug program I've ever seen :allears:.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

Buff Skeleton posted:

At least the truck driver isn't on... you know what, let's just not think about it

Yeah, don't pull that's thread. Sometimes you're lucky if they're just drunk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

Light Gun Man posted:

I like to imagine at least one tcc goon was somehow doing both.
There was a TCC ambulance driver in Ukraine who posted some stories about doing his job while on phenazepam.