Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
That I am a hero volume cover image threw me off a bit. Old kurusu is in it, while new kurusu is the masked one, right (takashi, vide chapter 143)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
In case someone still cares, Bambino Secondo updated. Still stupid and dumb, carry on.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014

nerdz posted:

That I am a hero volume cover image threw me off a bit. Old kurusu is in it, while new kurusu is the masked one, right (takashi, vide chapter 143)?

I think that's supposed to be Takashi. Old kurusu had hair like hiromi's before she cut it, if I recall correctly.

I watched Hanazawa's Manben episode yesterday and the amount of tracing over photos he does for characters is upsetting.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

ahiwattamplifier posted:

I think that's supposed to be Takashi. Old kurusu had hair like hiromi's before she cut it, if I recall correctly.

I watched Hanazawa's Manben episode yesterday and the amount of tracing over photos he does for characters is upsetting.

The mouth and nose are from the old kurusu though. The new one so far has only appeared with the mask. And look at a image from his hair when he's jumping like in the cover:

Kurusu Takashi has very round eyes and a serious expression just like in this image.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Is there an official English release of Liar Game? I've read the first half of it a few times but it always updated slowly on the mangasites and considering how good it is I was hoping it'd been licensed somewhere.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I don't think so but iirc it's fully scanlated now so slow translation speeds aren't an issue anymore

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh you poor fool, you should never read the end of liar game

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Okay it's worth picking back up then! I'm not anticipating too much from it on the story end of things but there's just no other series that scratches the same itch as the games.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Serious Frolicking posted:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

EmmyOk posted:

Okay it's worth picking back up then! I'm not anticipating too much from it on the story end of things but there's just no other series that scratches the same itch as the games.

have you watched the genius? its basically liar game: the tv show

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
The Genius is an excellent show to watch. There's also a k-drama version of Liar Game itself which I heard was pretty good.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014

Nondevor posted:

k-drama (...) pretty good.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

The Genius sounds awesome, what's the best way to watch it?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
There are good k-dramas out there though. :(

For the Genius you can watch all the seasons on YouTube. Bumdidlyumptious is the person who subbed all the episodes.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Nondevor posted:

There are good k-dramas out there though. :(

Yeah, the K-drama version of Shinya Shokudou/Midnight Diner is really nice and I recommend it.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
There are like 10 animes and no Chinese Jackie Chan movies on my country's Netflix catalog, yet there are tons of Korean tv dramas and it makes me absolutely furious.

Plus it's fun to make fun of Korea's descent into capitalism and lack of a discernible cultural identity, kinda like what happened to Singapore. Just a giant mall where's illegal to chew bubblegum. RIP Korean culture

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ahiwattamplifier posted:

There are like 10 animes and no Chinese Jackie Chan movies on my country's Netflix catalog, yet there are tons of Korean tv dramas and it makes me absolutely furious.

Plus it's fun to make fun of Korea's descent into capitalism and lack of a discernible cultural identity, kinda like what happened to Singapore. Just a giant mall where's illegal to chew bubblegum. RIP Korean culture

As like the one Korean on this forum I object to that.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
soz mate

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

Serious Frolicking posted:

seriously, just read until you hit the three nations arc and stop

I can't remember if chair game is the one before that, but I think that was the last one I thought was real good

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Watching the first episode on my lunch break.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I never forget the name of someone I've been introduced to but I am comparatively awful at remembering asian names.

e: Is there a thread for this? Also cheering gameshow host and hot idol boy

EmmyOk fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Jun 30, 2016

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
I think theres a genius thread in TV/IV.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

you should know that that thread was made halfway through season 2, and since the show is done now is filled with spoilers. so don't read too much if you don't want to know who wins

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also tv/iv is a cesspool, though not to the degree of cd.

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
Aren't all content specific sub-forums trash though? This one not being an exception to the rule obv

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
bss is mostly pretty chill

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

ahiwattamplifier posted:

Aren't all content specific sub-forums trash though? This one not being an exception to the rule obv

The only trash here is you, buddy. :mad:

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

as opposed to the excellent non-content specific forums like gbs?

ahiwattamplifier
May 3, 2014
im pretty cool have lots of friends kiss girls (in the mouth) and get to 2nd base on the regs

but I sure am human trash

Davincie posted:

as opposed to the excellent non-content specific forums like gbs?

I like those threads where they make fun of goons' serious efforts at making art.

please dont get mad at me for a small joke. I'm very sensitive

ahiwattamplifier fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 30, 2016

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
It's cool that you have your friends kiss girls and get to second base, you should give it a try yourself, would recommend it highly.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Glaucos

A 4 volume story about competitive free diving by the artist (but not writer) of Shamo. It's... forgettable. It's all fairly stereotyped, too, with a youth full of promise, the old past world champion that wants to train him as to have a new goal in life, the female doctor who is rational and cold, the opponent to beat, etc.
It doesn't do anything particular with the plot, there is no important drama beats, or romance, or comedy bits. It tries to put some mysticism about the ocean, the depths of the sea, freedom and origin of life, but it feels slapped on it.
The end part is disappointing with a twist that doesn't make a lot of sense, and the attempt of (end spoilers) bittersweet dramatic end feels flat, of course he dies diving, but his legacy continues as he got pregnant the only woman in the story the night before. Convenient!

The good part, the drawing

Gale Raziya
Jun 18, 2014

Big head, little body.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
oven mitt hands

Silento
Feb 16, 2012

Gale Raziya posted:

Big head, little body.

Captain Invictus posted:

oven mitt hands

That's me IRL

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

A new kono bijutsubu

http://bato.to/comic/_/comics/kono-bijutsubu-ni-wa-mondai-ga-aru-r8819

I hope the anime turns out good.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Volume 10 of March Comes in Like a Lion

http://bato.to/reader#d11b8426dea65ab9

The last few chapters of it was so good.

Edit:
Wouldn't count this as spoiler but relating to volume 10, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiCWbfjf8Tw

psyer fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jul 3, 2016

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

psyer posted:

Edit:
Wouldn't count this as spoiler but relating to volume 10, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiCWbfjf8Tw

Chapter 97 with the mom was so good. I really like these complex emotional states that the manga depicts.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i'm catching up on terra formars and lol that the pyramids were built by aliens

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hardly the most unrealistic part of that manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

psyer posted:

Hahaha, that was so well done.

Having had to deal with someone like the father before, someone who always treats you like an idiot no matter what and they are always right(oh, you're just a woman, of course you wouldn't understand, oh, you're too young to know what you're talking about, oh, I don't know who you are so you have no say in this matter, etc) this series depicted them in such a perfectly accurate way, it's so creepy. As soon as he showed up and wanted to see Momo, I was hoping that would be called out, that he had never once come to visit her in the five years she's been alive. That alone makes him unworthy, that he left them to fend for themselves and shows up expecting them to jump at his demands says absolutely everything that needs to be said.