Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Hit 235 from the hang with snatch today. At the end of this video.

https://instagram.com/p/BHXm_DhDsx4/

impressive considering how garbage that music is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
What do you consider not garbage music to be? The old janitor at my gym has the radio on oldies every single night. I hear alot of Elvis, Little Richard, Neil Diamond, 50's and 60's pop and soul. Would much rather hear some Metallica CCR and Queen.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
whatever music makes u lift with hate in your heart

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Huh, probably oldies then. I blast alot of Gojira and Cannibal Corpse from my phone and I'm pretty sure it scares the few late night people away from me, which is cool. I don't use earbuds because I sweat like crazy and hate the feeling of wires on me when I'm doing squats or deads. I should probably invest in wireless headphones/earbuds but ehh.. :effort:

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.

Lemming posted:

Squats trigger the panic/fear/"you're seriously about to loving die" circuits in my brain, I can't imagine enjoying them

That's how you succeed at squats - if you've got a deadlift in your hands that's just too heavy you can drop it, but with squats you either finish the rep or you have big problems. Very motivating!

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
Uh no if your squat is too heavy you just lean back and drop the barbell on the safety bars.

Rabble
Dec 3, 2005

Pillbug

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I tried a goblet squat with a 20 lb dumbell. Back felt great, but my left knee exploded with pain on rep 2. Probably my fault, I've been stretching lately but have been completely neglecting couch stretch or anything for my knee for the past 2 weeks. I wasn't expecting to try and squats anytime soon but still should have been stretching it anyway. The good thing is stretching immediately relieves the pain. will hold off on squats a while longer until I've loosened my knee back out a bit

Goblet squats make my knee feel better somehow, I must be ACTIVATING the ligaments or something.

I do a sumo deadlift though so I'm not a "real" lifter.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

If your squat is too heavy just lift it and you'll be further from the center of the earth and gravity will have less of an effect on it and it will therefore weigh less.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

:same:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Constipated posted:

20 pound goblet squats.. Christ man sounds like your joints are made of glass or something. That or you're using the worst form possible. Or cancer/AIDS. Probably that.

Nah, well maybe, like, I can go squat 150+ lbs no problem if it's not a day I work. Being on my feet for 10 hours, or perhaps it could be these lovely shoes wearing holes in my heels or something just makes my knee get tight in a weird as way. I never had this issue before I had this job and worked up to 2 plate squats perfectly fine.

Probably didn't help I haven't been stretching my quads lately, as I wasn't expecting to squat for a while. I had just assumed a 20 lb squat wouldn't be a big deal. I'm guessing it's the tightness/inflammation after being on my feet all day and the actual motion that does it.

E: I'm not too worried about it, if I can't resolve the problem after stretching a lot, and even going to a doctor, I guess I'll just starting dragging my rear end out of bed and going to the gym before work but ugh.

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Jul 3, 2016

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Maybe swoleness was just not meant for you my friend..

Lifting before work might be better but if you are like me you are stiff as gently caress first thing in the day, so stretch everything religiously.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Speaking of stretching, my favorite muscle to stretch is my wiener. Really like to just stretch er out reeeeal good, I swear alot of guys wouldn't even think to stretch such an important part of their body. I mean I like never see any of the fellas doing it at the gym, got to keep that thing in tip top shape. I don't know if any of you guys are aware, but the pump you can get down there is INSANE! I wish my biceps got that big when I work them out! Just don't stretch it out too vigorously or it can really drain you.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

:same: :same:

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Is this achievable natty?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Narciss posted:

Dude's nipples are smirking at me.

Fallows
Jan 20, 2005

If he waits long enough he can use his accrued interest from his savings to bring his negative checking balance back into the black.
I think i hit a nerve or something when pinning my quad just now, getting this radiating pain that makes me wanna puke

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Narciss posted:

is that a shirtless alex jones? :gay:

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

I tried a goblet squat with a 20 lb dumbell. Back felt great, but my left knee exploded with pain on rep 2. Probably my fault

Wtf are you thinking

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

Constipated posted:

Huh, probably oldies then. I blast alot of Gojira and Cannibal Corpse from my phone and I'm pretty sure it scares the few late night people away from me, which is cool. I don't use earbuds because I sweat like crazy and hate the feeling of wires on me when I'm doing squats or deads. I should probably invest in wireless headphones/earbuds but ehh.. :effort:

what's it like to feel no shame?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Why is it so hard to lose fat and get strong at the same time

Edit: I should take steroids

Lemming fucked around with this message at 00:59 on Jul 5, 2016

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Lemming posted:

Why is it so hard to lose fat and get strong at the same time

Edit: I should take steroids

It's the solution to most of life's problems

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

12 oz curls all day

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

exethan posted:

Wtf are you thinking

i already explained, it's not the weight, it's working so much that's stressing my knee. Last time I squatted on an off day like 155 felt pretty easy and comfortable. as i said before, if I can't find a solution I guess I'll start dragging my rear end out of bed and going before work, but I don't like the idea of that one bit.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Working out in the morning owns because the gym equipment is free from the unemployed ex-cons who usually crowd it in the late afternoon + evening and you don't spend the rest of your day with hell demons clutching at the borders of your psyche because you've already purged them.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

lol if hell demons aren't a permanent fixture of your psyche

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gained five pounds this weekend :/

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

I gain five pounds eating a plate of pasta and bread, that ain't poo poo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I need more gains

I wish i was american so i could go to one of your steroid clinics

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I had King of the Dad Bods tell me during a 4th picnic that the reason he doesn't lift is that he doesn't want to get too big.

"I mean, I was bench pressin' a lot and you know how it is, it's like 'how big do I really want to be?' when my shirts started being all tight and poo poo."

I nodded.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Well, did you bang? Dont hold out on us budi

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lol if you didn't eat 20k+ calories this weekend. Merica. *farts*

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to cancel my gym membership and start going to a fitness club instead, saunas and hot tubs hell yeah

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Leg day today. Gonna activate my glutes ~

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

notZaar posted:

I'm going to cancel my gym membership and start going to a fitness club instead, saunas and hot tubs hell yeah

Hope you enjoy hand job offers in the sauna from old wrinkly dudes

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
It's a coed sauna :sonia:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

buddhanc posted:

Leg day today. Gonna activate my glutes ~

NICE

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
ill be away from the gym for 3 days

im going to do every exercise now so i dont miss anything

just so u knowe

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Retarded Goatee posted:

ill be away from the gym for 3 days

im going to do every exercise now so i dont miss anything

just so u knowe

while you're away....do....cardio :twisted:

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Cardio is okay as long as you make sure to maintain equilibrium with sufficient salami or other consumables

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i ate a salami sandwich on sourdough for lunch yesterday so don't you worry about me.

• Locked thread