Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Politicians who change their opinions are forever flip-floppers who can't be trusted because they're just saying what they think people want to hear for their votes.

He was just a good old country boy from the hills of West Virginia trying to get elected! Just keeping the trailer park safe from superpredators and all the other scum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
forgiveness is a virtue

signal

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thunderbro posted:

He was just a good old country boy from the hills of West Virginia trying to get elected! Just keeping the trailer park safe from superpredators and all the other scum!

Only strong-willed Deciders who will stay the course no matter what can be relied upon to govern our country properly.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Baloogan posted:

man, i dont even remember what the post was about atm

(totally sober atm)

(going to get some beer for the 4th because im the only canadian who celebrates the 4th)

im drinking LEON black beer and smoking weed for freedom and poo poo

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

emfive posted:

Finding somebody in the West in the late 18th century with attitudes that today we'd judge as progressively non-racist would be really hard.

Maybe you don't find perfect bastions of modernity back then but the whole idea that everyone back then were racist flies in the face of reality. There were plenty of people opposed to slavery in the days of the founding fathers, so much of the Federalist / anti Federalist divide is caught up in arguments over slavery. There have always been people who opposed that system and they were numerous enough to be heard if not numerous enough to win their way at the time. Long story short, racists back then have no more an excuse than they do now, because there were plenty of people who disagreed with them. They were not unopposed in their world view.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Deteriorata posted:

Only strong-willed Deciders who will stay the course no matter what can be relied upon to govern our country properly.

It's true, Hillary is the consistent Decider we need!

remusclaw posted:

Maybe you don't find perfect bastions of modernity back then but the whole idea that everyone back then were racist flies in the face of reality. There were plenty of people opposed to slavery in the days of the founding fathers, so much of the Federalist / anti Federalist divide is caught up in arguments over slavery. There have always been people who opposed that system and they were numerous enough to be heard if not numerous enough to win their way at the time. Long story short, racists back then have no more an excuse than they do now, because there were plenty of people who disagreed with them. They were not unopposed in their world view.

My family killed the poo poo out of racists and slavers back in the day. I'm very proud of them :911:

Thunderbro fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Jul 3, 2016

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Criticize Clinton for looking up to Byrd, who left the Klan before she was even born, and who loudly and publicly rejected his past views? Ok.

Criticize Trump for looking up to Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, who was considered too racist to be a federal judge in the 1980s and has an iffy race record to this day? Not OK.

-Trump supporters

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Baloogan posted:

(going to get some beer for the 4th because im the only canadian who celebrates the 4th)

Are you sure it isn't because you're an alcoholic and also Canadian?

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Thunderbro posted:

It's true, Hillary is the consistent Decider we need!

I dont think Sanger ever said that tho

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Patter Song posted:

Criticize Clinton for looking up to Byrd, who left the Klan before she was even born, and who loudly and publicly rejected his past views? Ok.

Criticize Trump for looking up to Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, who was considered too racist to be a federal judge in the 1980s and has an iffy race record to this day? Not OK.

-Trump supporters

In 6th grade I got a Byrd teacher fired because she thought it was safe to rant about n*****rs since the gifted program just somehow didn't have any black students

Guess it's just a family thing really

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump
Man the racists are really spoiled for choice these days. For some reason they all seem to be gravitating in one direction though?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Not sure what this has to do with the GOP Thunderbro, are you getting pissy that everybody is making fun of you in the Hillary/Sore Loser Thread for Losers or something?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

:neckbeard:

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

Not sure what this has to do with the GOP Thunderbro, are you getting pissy that everybody is making fun of you in the Hillary/Sore Loser Thread for Losers or something?

Something has to give you pleasure, it's not like your candidate is getting blown out in the polls, every media source including CNN, and the zeitgeist of the public

At least you can take solace in terrible goon mods enforcing your crooked view of the world

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Flavahbeast posted:

I dont think Sanger ever said that tho

she didn't but I think Thunderbro may have an actual mental illness so just let him melt down a bit more and then I'm sure a caretaker will get him.

downout
Jul 6, 2009

Having 'not racist' meltdowns definitely shows me how un-PC trump is! Consider me sold!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

I love when the right brings up Sanger.

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thunderbro posted:

In 6th grade I got a Byrd teacher fired because she thought it was safe to rant about n*****rs since the gifted program just somehow didn't have any black students

Guess it's just a family thing really

Man she must have really been ranting if you could hear her all the way down in the SPED classroom

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

she didn't but I think Thunderbro may have an actual mental illness so just let him melt down a bit more and then I'm sure a caretaker will get him.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/5/grossu-margaret-sanger-eugenicist/

what's that

oh I see it is actually a f-f-false narrative and it is actually racist when you point out she was a terrifying eugenicist

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
thunderbro sure is angry about his tiny hands too, huh?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thunderbro posted:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/may/5/grossu-margaret-sanger-eugenicist/

what's that

oh I see it is actually a f-f-false narrative and it is actually racist when you point out she was a terrifying eugenicist

shhhh shhhh shhh, it's ok man, you're in a safe place, no one's gonna hurt you

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Tatum Girlparts posted:

shhhh shhhh shhh, it's ok man, you're in a safe place, no one's gonna hurt you

Hold on guys, people who don't agree with me are actually mentally ill. Try taking your pills :smug:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

Deteriorata posted:

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY
reading about US politics before WW2 it's alarming how popular eugenics was

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

Thunderbro posted:

what's that

Oh, noes! Not a Washington Times citation as a kill shot! Game over.

Py-O-My
Jan 12, 2001

Py-O-My posted:

plot twist, the person who made the image back in june is a tremendous racist shithead

https://twitter.com/FishBoneHead1/status/743239011326656512

lmao he deleted it

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Thunderbro posted:

Something has to give you pleasure, it's not like your candidate is getting blown out in the polls, every media source including CNN, and the zeitgeist of the public

At least you can take solace in terrible goon mods enforcing your crooked view of the world

I was still a Bernie guy when he started losing bad you know, I just chose to move on to where I could do good for myself and my state and community instead of stew in delusion and paranoid ramblings.

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

baw posted:

reading about US politics before WW2 it's alarming how popular eugenics was

It actually took until 2003 for North Carolina to pull involuntary sterilization off of the books

This state has a lot of Byrd family and KKK :suicide:

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
moonie times killshot

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

At least 1 state, probably a lot more, used to pay black people to submit to sterilization

If this is troubling to you, I strongly recommend you never research conditions in asylums unless it's like, within the past few years and only the ones where rich crazies go

edit - without even looking it up, I'm going to guess South Carolina did this

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Deteriorata posted:

Oh, noes! Not a Washington Times citation as a kill shot! Game over.

Everyone knows that screenshotted and re-cropped Facebook memes with horrid compression artifacts are the most reliable sources.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

babypolis posted:

im drinking LEON black beer and smoking weed for freedom and poo poo

i have no booze atm, drinking water and failed dreams

mrmcd posted:

Are you sure it isn't because you're an alcoholic and also Canadian?

im not an alcoholic i havent had a drink in days

Thunderbro
Sep 1, 2008

Epic High Five posted:

I was still a Bernie guy when he started losing bad you know, I just chose to move on to where I could do good for myself and my state and community instead of stew in delusion and paranoid ramblings.

I am happy you jumped sides from a civil rights hero to a racist, misandrist, mass-murder and then have the gall to preach delusion to other people. It is very funny and good, keep it up

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Patter Song posted:

So...what will they name the sequel to The Party Decides?

The Art of the Deal

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

Thunderbro posted:

what's that

humm, 20th century activists had some interesting things to say about Mrs. Sanger

quote:

"There is a striking kinship between our movement and Margaret Sanger’s early efforts. …Our sure beginning in struggle for equality by nonviolent direct action may not have been so resolute without the tradition established by Margaret Sanger and people like her"

- probably adolf hitler or someone

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
Time and NBC have articles up in the past hour about the source of the sheriff's badge tweet. Lol cool

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
these guys focus on /pol/'s negative aspects waaay too much. people don't say "on roads typically neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists drive"

because they do drive on roads

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Baloogan posted:

these guys focus on /pol/'s negative aspects waaay too much. people don't say "on roads typically neo-Nazis, anti-Semites and white supremacists drive"

because they do drive on roads
Yeah focusing on the racism is really a distraction from all the rampant pedophilia.

Py-O-My posted:

plot twist, the person who made the image back in june is a tremendous racist shithead

https://twitter.com/FishBoneHead1/status/743239011326656512

Py-O-My posted:

lmao he deleted it
So that fishbonehead1 account just peaced the gently caress out of twitter... hmmmm.... :raise:

Perhaps they are an actual trumpstaffer?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Of all the weird-rear end things for the media to actually latch onto.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

mrmcd posted:

Everyone knows that screenshotted and re-cropped Facebook memes with horrid compression artifacts are the most reliable sources.

I didn't know Hillary was so corrupt until that sheriff's badge told me so!

• Locked thread