Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Crabtree posted:

So what the hell is Black then? Some kind of created or half saiyan? Time magic fuckery?

Between the earring and the ring's nature being confirmed in this episode, I'm betting he's some kind of Goku x evil Kaioshin combination

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

What the gently caress are those hot dog things Beerus and Whis are losing their poo poo over?
Edit: I guess Fish Sausages? Barf.

Also, the new outro is a hell of a lot better than that "WHOA" bullshit

Slightly Absurd fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Jul 3, 2016

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!
Dragonball Super is so good. It's just so good. I fuckin knew she was gonna pull out Cell's time machine when she said she needed to find "it". Bulma continues to be the best character. Great episode. Great life.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Slightly Absurd posted:

What the gently caress are those hot dog things Beerus and Whis are losing their poo poo over?

Beerus is a cat.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Lupus Rufus posted:

Dragonball Super is so good. It's just so good. I fuckin knew she was gonna pull out Cell's time machine when she said she needed to find "it". Bulma continues to be the best character. Great episode. Great life.

Bulma remains the strongest and I am glad of it.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
So I'm like eight minutes into the latest episode of Super and you know what? gently caress the haters. Never change a bit Dragon Ball Z.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the more weird little bits of info we get about Black the more i'm actually curious what his whole deal is

seems like someone possessing goku's reanimated corpse or something, who knows though

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Pilaf Firefighters ftw

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

So what's future mai's deal that makes her about the same age as Trunks? Bet she's another time traveling zombie :tinfoil:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

ThatBasqueGuy posted:

So what's future mai's deal that makes her about the same age as Trunks? Bet she's another time traveling zombie :tinfoil:

In that timeline it looks like Pilaf and co never get returned to their proper ages. So Mai is actually like 80 years old, but she lived through her 8 to 20 year old phase twice over.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Slightly Absurd posted:

Also, the new outro is a hell of a lot better than that "WHOA" bullshit

I liked the WHOA bullshit.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Whoa was a better song but the visuals were worse

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

I like that one of the color schemes in the ending is the one the "half-colorized" manga pages actually use:

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
I actually thought that Bulma was going to get the Time Machine from Jaco's manga.

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
Future Mai being alive pretty much confirms that Future Trunks isn't sticking around. :(

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really liked the slow piano cover of the theme song in this episode. It was cool and used well (!!)

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

I think its pretty clear soulja boy's gimmick is the more you hit him the stronger he gets

Meaning Goku just gave him a significant level up

I think Black has been intentionally abusing zenkai boosts, what a bloody cheater!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
That was a good rear end episode and a sick new ED as well. I liked the last one too, gently caress the haters.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

projecthalaxy posted:

I really liked the slow piano cover of the theme song in this episode. It was cool and used well (!!)

It reminded me of Chrono Trigger music, and then I realized what it was, and felt a little dirty, because I hate the OP due to massive Kageyama bias

Slightly Absurd
Mar 22, 2004

Mordaedil posted:

Beerus is a cat.

Really?!? No Way

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Yuka Yuka Dance is one of the worst songs I've heard in a long time. Episode was good otherwise. I wonder how Black already knew both Beerus and Vegeta.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It was pretty rad to have Tights doing the Jaco pose in the credits

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

it's pretty exciting to not know what's gonna happen next in Dragon Ball

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Gohan will job

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Why didn't they go to the four kaioshin they know for a ring?

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.

No no

Saiyaman and Trunks will help Cop Krillin fight crime.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Covok posted:

If Bulma hadn't showed up with the time machine that probably would have been the next step after they were done lamenting

Also hanging plot thread for dramatic effect later on if the cells time machine gets destroyed.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

The Kaioshin that weren't entirely on board with their constant abuse of Dragonballs? For some reason I think the Kaioshin would tell them to gently caress off and stop messing with time.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Rutibex posted:

The Kaioshin that weren't entirely on board with their constant abuse of Dragonballs? For some reason I think the Kaioshin would tell them to gently caress off and stop messing with time.

The Kaioshin who've also ran to the Dragonballs the second Beerus showed up without Goku and Co. telling them to and used the wish to defuse? I feel the Buu saga changed them.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

It was mostly Old Kai who was against using the Dragon Balls at all.

I mentioned a few months ago how odd I found it that the manga kept bringing that up in the last few chapters.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Will King Kai be revived this arc?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

mabels big day posted:

Nope gonna be the best long running gag.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

mabels big day posted:

You would think he could just walk along Snake Way and ask King Yemma for a favor. He was his teacher after all. It's not like King Kai does anything else with his time except work on his car and screw his monkey.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Rutibex posted:

You would think he could just walk along Snake Way and ask King Yemma for a favor. He was his teacher after all. It's not like King Kai does anything else with his time except work on his car and screw his monkey.

I don't think King Yemma can do that. The Dragonballs are kind of special. I feel that, if bringing back the dead were that easy, Old Kai wouldn't need to die to do it for Goku in the Buu Saga.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Covok posted:

I don't think King Yemma can do that. The Dragonballs are kind of special. I feel that, if bringing back the dead were that easy, Old Kai wouldn't need to die to do it for Goku in the Buu Saga.

Then how did Vegita come back in the Buu saga?

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Rutibex posted:

very carefully

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Rutibex posted:

He was still dead until they made the mass revival wish, Yemma just kept his body and allowed him to go to Earth, but had he died as a soul, he would have ceased to exist for good.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Rutibex posted:

I figured he was using his single day on Earth, like Goku did at the beginning of the arc.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
So was Vegitto dead or was he alive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Schrodinger's Fusion?

• Locked thread