Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Because there was always the possibility it was going to go worse for Nico, like it has every time those two have tangled up. I don't think forcing a crash has really helped a Championship fight since Senna/Prost.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

krushgroove posted:

I skip the notebook section these days, Ted gets some good info but he just goes too far up his own rear end way too often.

That's what makes his notebook great. Ginger Pete must have been off this week and Ted had to keep corralling his camera guy and directing him with what to shoot.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

gret posted:

Yeah but he's leading the championship. So why not risk a crash taking both cars out and maintaining the same gap when finishing 2nd would mean Lewis closing the gap?

matchett called it like four laps in advance, he didn't think there was any chance rosberg would cleanly let lewis by

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ferrari is still too close in points to justify any sort of tactical crashing into the guy behind you in points stuff. Plus I assume he actually wants to stay at Mercedes past this season.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

nsaP posted:

That's what makes his notebook great. Ginger Pete must have been off this week and Ted had to keep corralling his camera guy and directing him with what to shoot.

I saw Ted fix some rope barrier that was open while talking and then some pit guy immediately come up and unfix it when he started to wander off because they were actually trying to move poo poo through there.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

freeranger posted:

Holy poo poo.....

Kimi spotted walking, talking and smiling/laughing with a kid as they are brought up onto the truck for the drivers parade

Kimi also waving his arm in the air for podium photo!

And these left without comment:

thegasman2000 posted:

Rosberg to stick it in the wall under Lewis pressure.

HJB posted:

Here's a jinx: Vettel driving well for a change

1500quidporsche posted:

It'd be rough to pull off especially as Rosberg crumbles like a damp rag in these types of situations.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
Wouldn't want to be Toto Wolff when he takes Angela Merkel's call asking how, despite her clear instructions and the pit strategy they agreed on, Stevenage's Lewis Hamilton could rise and beat Rosberg

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one
Rosberg's just had his nervous breakdown for the season (again), Lewis is going to destroy him (again).

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

simplefish posted:

You can pass damaged cars under yellows

He overtook Nico under waved yellows, Ant took a great deal of pleasure in slowing the footage right down and pointing.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe

learnincurve posted:

He overtook Nico under waved yellows, Ant took a great deal of pleasure in slowing the footage right down and pointing.

Nico was a damaged car

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
pithy but no not at that point. It's very trivial and only by a matter of yards but it does rather highlight everything that's wrong with the stewards.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

Goetta posted:

Nico was a damaged car

Nico is a damaged driver. I was pulling for him up till today, just so Hamilton wouldn't get another one, but after that poo poo move... I want them both to DNF for the rest of the season. That was embarrassingly hackish, and reeked of desperation. Nico, you clown.

Although, big race for Jenson, hanging on to 2nd till lap 7 with that Honda Jr. engine and bringing in good points.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Not happy at all with this bullshit result

andyf
May 18, 2008

happy car is happy

I can't watch the Sky feed so I hold out for the channel 4 stuff, which in a way means I avoid the shittier sky interviews. Doesn't seem like channel 4 even tried to interview toto, but there's a great moment with Rosberg where they tell him Lewis blamed him for the crash and Rosberg literally can't think how to respond so just pulls off this bizarre raised eyebrow look.

https://vine.co/v/5aabHYueZ2X

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

andyf posted:

I can't watch the Sky feed so I hold out for the channel 4 stuff, which in a way means I avoid the shittier sky interviews. Doesn't seem like channel 4 even tried to interview toto, but there's a great moment with Rosberg where they tell him Lewis blamed him for the crash and Rosberg literally can't think how to respond so just pulls off this bizarre raised eyebrow look.

https://vine.co/v/5aabHYueZ2X

sometimes i feel bad for nico

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

Not happy at all with this bullshit result

You watched it with your dad didn't you? Mine is being insufferable.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

You watched it with your dad didn't you? Mine is being insufferable.

I did and it infuriates me that he states that Lewis made a valid move upon Nico while it was certainly obvious he did not, especially overtaking on a loving yellow flag.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I did and it infuriates me that he states that Lewis made a valid move upon Nico while it was certainly obvious he did not, especially overtaking on a loving yellow flag.

Gosh you've just been a mess of terrible opinions recently

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

So both of your Dads know more about F1 than you guys. Shameful. Do they even post in the Worst Thread?

Zombywuf
Mar 29, 2008

So who else is looking forward to this glorious future where front wing changes are banned?

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I overslept and missed the race

Im guessing Nico had a nice meltdown? And :911: is back in the points is cool

Slappy Pappy
Oct 15, 2003

Mighty, mighty eagle soaring free
Defender of our homes and liberty
Bravery, humility, and honesty...
Mighty, mighty eagle, rescue me!
Dinosaur Gum

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I'm American and even I know you're wrong.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Its hilarious WEH didn't get a penalty because the stewarts forgot to put in a rule about not reversing on the grid

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Pascal expected a penalty because in DTM you get punished when the start lights go on and the car moves. He was surprised F1 had no rule like that.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

That last lap was loving incredible! Nico number 1 fraud.

Kimi once again unable to pass a child.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

NtotheTC posted:

So both of your Dads know more about F1 than you guys. Shameful. Do they even post in the Worst Thread?

Our dads are the kind of people who would willingly take the union flag with Lewis on it to Silverstone, and although it's hilarious to watch the F1 with them when Lewis loses, they will drive you absolutely up the loving wall when he wins. My dad is currently in Italy and is being a smug git by text., Myrddin_Emrys has my sympathy.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Lmao all he got was a 10 second penalty which didn't affect anything.

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

Only watched the end of the race tonight, I'd caught an almost spoiler on FB earlier in the day ater I'd watched half the race, when a friend posted "5 place grid penalty for Rosberg at Silverstone?" and I thought "yesss! he's taken Lewis out or something like that" - imagine my horror when he didn't take Lewis out.

FFS Nico.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I almost want a Lewis blowout at this point. If the championship is even remotely close the sky coverage is going to be insufferable and try to create a "Are Lewis triumphs against all odds and a racist German team" narrative.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Hexyflexy posted:

Best race of the last year - who the hell would have predicted that.

Austria is a good circuit.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Silverstone isn't :( however it hasn't stopped raining for over a month now so there is hope. (leave your car behind folks and get the train, the field's are pre-hosed) I can tell you if rain is coming live for that one btw, they are usually 20 mins behind me.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

learnincurve posted:

Our dads are the kind of people who would willingly take the union flag with Lewis on it to Silverstone, and although it's hilarious to watch the F1 with them when Lewis loses, they will drive you absolutely up the loving wall when he wins. My dad is currently in Italy and is being a smug git by text., Myrddin_Emrys has my sympathy.

I seriously do that!!
My biggest complaint is when Nico wins and my dad accuses Mercedes of sabotaging Lewis"s car because, you know. Germans

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Full on Merc war at Silverstone pls

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000

Riso posted:

Pascal expected a penalty because in DTM you get punished when the start lights go on and the car moves. He was surprised F1 had no rule like that.
F1: almost as competently run as DTM

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I seriously do that!!
My biggest complaint is when Nico wins and my dad accuses Mercedes of sabotaging Lewis"s car because, you know. Germans

"THOSE CHEATING SWINES DELIBERATELY DID THAT SO NCO COULD WIN!" " But Nico had one more set of the supersofts than Lewis did and he had run..." "CHEATING. GERMAN. SWINES!11"

edit: not joking. He hated Senna as well who was "that cheating Brazilian swine" in our house. Dad was a Prost man.

learnincurve fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Jul 3, 2016

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Post posted:

A real driver would have taken Lewis out of the race, like Pastor Maldonado.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

gret posted:

Yeah but he's leading the championship. So why not risk a crash taking both cars out and maintaining the same gap when finishing 2nd would mean Lewis closing the gap?

Because sometimes that doesn't work (like today.)

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester posted:

F1: almost as competently run as DTM

Well DTM is run by Germans.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh

gret posted:

Well DTM is run by Germans.

DTM is co-owned by Toto Wolff.

Remember 5 years ago when no one had any idea who he was?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

learnincurve posted:

edit: not joking. He hated Senna as well who was "that cheating Brazilian swine" in our house. Dad was a Prost man.

Senna was a cheating Brazillian swine. That's what inspired Di Grassi to try to emulate him in the Formula E today and get humbled by Sebastian Buemi, the Prost of Formula E.

• Locked thread