Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Bashez posted:

Man, we went nuts with a pretty flimsy rumor.

The rumor is that he had a phone call with West? Would be funny if it was to tell him he wasn't joining.

I do get the feeling he is leaving, though.
Nah, I thought there were a lot of people tweeting that the meeting went well too.

Anyway, he's meeting with the Thunder tonight so everyone will know soonish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Man Detroit desperately needs to trade some of those pieces for a star. So much depth on that roster.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dejan Bimble posted:

Detroit's rotation is really hard to suss out.

Point guard: Reggie Jackson, Ish Smith, Gbinje
Shooting guard: Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Stanley Johnson, Reggie Bullock, Darrun Hilliard
Small Forward: Tobias Harris, Marcus Morris, Stanley Johnson
Power Forward: Marcus Morris, Tobias Harris, Jon Leuer, Henry Ellenson
Center: Andre Drummond, Aron Baynes

They benefitted from playing their tweener forwards at 4, last year, but now Jon Leueur and Ellenson will probably take up half the game or so at 4,

Johnson needs playing time and deserves to handle the ball a bit. Tobias Harris was great offensively against second units.

This team seems ripe for a trade, Marcus Morris is incredibly valuable right now because he's massively underpaid into the future. Reggie Jackson and Tobias Harris both have perfectly market friendly deals. I wonder if they have any chance of making a move for a great or potentially great player.

As I understand it Gbinje only played a little PG in college. We'll have to wait and see if he can actually play it in summer league before I'm slotting him in anywhere other than as part of that huge mass of tangle at the wing.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Bashez posted:

The rumor is that he had a phone call with West? Would be funny if it was to tell him he wasn't joining.

https://twitter.com/AlexKennedyNBA/status/749693929390505984

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Whip Slagcheek posted:

Man Detroit desperately needs to trade some of those pieces for a star. So much depth on that roster.

What's funny is they had some serious depth issues last season, especially after trading for Harris. Their bench was atrocious. It's a nice problem to have compared to the Steve Blake Experience.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Bashez posted:

If we're going to make guesses, the Oladipo trade really looks like a rebuilding trade, because it makes them worse against Golden State. If they want to win the championship, they'll have to beat the Warriors. But all the money stuff says he stays in OKC for at least one more year. Durant might have a lot of Nike money, but giving up 25m net over this year and his next contract is giving up a loving lot of money.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Man couldn't even get a fake rumor of a good meeting with Pat Riley. Time to retire bro.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Durant is gonna commit to the Warriors, get them to gut their depth to open up the requisite capspace and then pull a Deandre and go back to OKC as the new favorite in the West

A true competitor does whatever it takes to win

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

xbilkis posted:

Durant is gonna commit to the Warriors, get them to gut their depth to open up the requisite capspace and then pull a Deandre and go back to OKC as the new favorite in the West

A true competitor does whatever it takes to win

:pray:

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Durant's gonna fake everyone out by taking his talents to China. Just think about that crazy-rear end narrative!

Whip Slagcheek
Sep 21, 2008

Finally
The Gasoline And Dynamite
Will Light The Sky
For The Night

Illinois Smith posted:

Durant's gonna fake everyone out by taking his talents to China. Just think about that crazy-rear end narrative!

Ok I want this to happen now.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Illinois Smith posted:

Kevin Durant and Gordon Hayward playing professional league of legends for Chinese billionaires

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

rabidsquid posted:

As I understand it Gbinje only played a little PG in college. We'll have to wait and see if he can actually play it in summer league before I'm slotting him in anywhere other than as part of that huge mass of tangle at the wing.

The beat guys say he was drafted to be a point, and the bar's not high to clear to be a 5 minute per night third guard. We'll see

I can see them starting with
Reggie Jackson/KCP/Morris/Leuer/Drummond

Rotating in to have Smith/Johnson/Morris/Harris/Drummond

In my fantasy, Jackson and Drummond play defense, and Van Gundo can use those Jackson/KCP/Johnson/Morris/Drummond lineups to really smother.

I don't know what they have to do to get Reggie to make the pass instead of going for the flailing foul drawing attempt against 3 defenders. That's the key to everything. KCP could do what Klay Thompson does on a team that makes the extra pass, maybe not to his level, but he would make more shots. Morris wouldnt' have to take bailout midrange jumpers if the ball moved.

I'd like to see Drummond more confident in throwing the ball to open shooters after a rebound

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Jul 3, 2016

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Drunk Canuck posted:

Frankly, KD should travel back in time and sign with the 1953 Baltimore Bullets

Kevin Durant endorses GUN VIOLENCE and irresponsible use of timetravel. Not a role model for my kids!!!

Good to see that Alex Kennedy is still 15 years old

Illinois Smith posted:

I wonder how much money they could shovel him under the table and if some Chinese trillionaire could actually make this a profitable move for an NBA superstar

chunkles fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jul 3, 2016

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Illinois Smith posted:

Outsourcing strikes the heart of America once again.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Whip Slagcheek posted:

My brain dropped the "Jr" and I was like holy poo poo Juwan Howard is trying to get in on funny money season???

$98m/7 years

Not a bad deal for the Heat

http://articles.latimes.com/miami-heat

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

:siren:

https://twitter.com/daldridgetnt/status/749719784401448960

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

straight up brolic posted:

Lil B is going to be in an interesting position if Durant signs with GS

Hahahaha

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Just 2 shorts weeks ago I thought the Warriors' reign of terror had ended. The smugness, the annoying fans, gone forever from my life.

But now we face a new nightmare even more terrible than the first.

Spare us basketball Gods.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

$7.99 what the gently caress

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
This monopoly by the Player's Tribune has to end!

Bashez
Jul 19, 2004

:10bux:
It kind of bums me out that we're hearing nothing about the Spurs.

Unless they've committed some money I don't know about I think they're near the salary floor. I'm probably just doing "oh that's a small contract and doesn't mean much" repeatedly though.

Lugnut Seatcushion
May 4, 2013
Lipstick Apathy
Sports are dumb

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I would rather see Larry Bird trade Paul George to the Lakers than see Durant sign with OKC.

I would rather see Larry Bird fire Nate mid-season and replace him with Isaiah Thomas or Mark Jackson than see Durant sign with OKC.

I would rather see President Hillary Clinton for the next 4 years than deal with 4 years of Warriors titles and smug Warriors fan somehow constantly reaching new heights of hateability.

KD YOU'RE A GOOD GUY NOT A VILLAIN DON'T DO THIS PLEASE

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
That's a weird rear end post

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

If Kevin Durant leaves OKC to join an evil big city team it would really prove that he's Not Nice

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

chunkles posted:

If Kevin Durant leaves OKC to join an evil big city team it would really prove that he's Not Nice

He could finally get those visible tattoos he's always wanted.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Papercut posted:

That's a weird rear end post

He's a genuine racist, transphobic man. Hating on a basketball team is the least of anyone's concern.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

cravius posted:

Sports are dumb
Should be the SAS forum title

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

Boosted_C5 posted:

I would rather see President Hillary Clinton for the next 4 years than deal with 4 years of Warriors titles and smug Warriors fan somehow constantly reaching new heights of hateability.

You're going to see President Hillary so enjoy.

Jerry West would be the perfect guy to swing Durant last second. Something along the lines of "Listen I played with other hall of famers and even got a Finals MVP in a loss. Championships are hard to get anywhere, go to the most stacked team possible. Come here"

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jul 3, 2016

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
OKC is three-letter way to refer to the newly rebranded "Oakland Cocksuckers"

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/basketball/news/wizards-tomas-satoransky-signs-deal-with-wizards/
The Wizards signed Tomáš Satoranský, a 6'7 pg from CR, who's been playing for Barcelona for the past few years. Here he is dunking https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PqdyK3fEc

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Durant on GSW will easily be the best team of all time

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Is there an American commentator whose standard reaction to a sick jam is just hooting and hollering

If not bring the dude from that Satoranský video over here

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

chunkles posted:

kevin, *in a bryson tiller voice* Don't

de curry GOAT fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Jul 3, 2016

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

attackmole posted:

Raptors still need to plug the stretch PF hole. We need a backup or timeshare for Patterson unless we wanna repeat the Scola experiment(please no) Let's see who is left.

RFA's that we could try to steal but will likely get paid+matched:
moe harkless
meyers leonard
Donatas Motiejunas
jared 'fatty' sullinger

lower tier free agents
marvin williams
Andrew Nicholson
Terrence Jones

guys who suck but might be cheap and fill a need
derrick williams
ryan kelly
kris humphries
anthony tolliver

Raptors PF-watch update:

NIcholson to Wizards for four years, 26 million. Damnit that's actually a pretty good deal, wish the Raptors could have went in on him.

Update on the other guys: Apparently Portland is super high on Harkless and will match anything that isn't absurd.

Casey has been seen in LA recruiting Meyers Leonard (I'm ok with this).

Nothing on Montejunas, but Houston likes him.

Williams rumours connect him with Lakers, Knicks, and Pheonix.

Humphries has been connected to a shitload of teams, including Spurs, Nets, T'Wolves, Celtics and Hornets. Execs probably figure he's getting near a minimum contract so everyone is talking with him.

No words whatsoever on Sullinger, Jones, Kelly.

C'monnnnnnn Terrence Jones!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

poor curry

https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/749728363460358146

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

Terrence Jones is regularly pretty injured. The thing about the nerve damage injury he had is that it can take a long time to recover and may actually never get back to 100%. He'd be a decent roll of the dice on a min. contract since he's already proven he can be a decent rotation player if he returns to form, but it's definitely a gamble.

Surprised with all the money thrown at guys like Mozgov, Biyombo etc that we haven't seen a large contract thrown at Motiejunas yet, he's still young and improving. I guess everyone thinks the Rockets will match.

Neither of them can really space the floor that well. They've had okay 3p% seasons but neither of them have hit a three pointer per game.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Sacramento has rescinded their qualifying offer to Seth Curry so he's a UFA now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Is Sacramento nearing the cap or something? What's the benefit of pulling Curry's QO?

• Locked thread