Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Throwing all my alts, including several I'll probably never level, at the guild then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Yeah, same. I'll send a request on my Asura, M. Nen, and Crusader, because those three are the ones I'll be doing OV with.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Tossing invites on Jinnaron, Vengharial, CrashingWave, TinyAngryElf, Scraggly, and Scruffy. I can log in cycle through each of them daily for guild bonuses, though I'm not actively going to play them too much, at least until my work calms down a bit.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Sent a request as BladeStorm.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Everyone's in!

Nomadic Scholar
Feb 6, 2013

Did I hear correctly that the male Grappler is good now?

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Nomadic Scholar posted:

Did I hear correctly that the male Grappler is good now?

The class is really strong now, it hasn't been a buggy mess since the "all in one" patch.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Are Launchers still huge MP drains? Strikers/Rangers still heavily weapon-dependent?

It's like I know nothing about this game anymore.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010

Eddain posted:

Are Launchers still huge MP drains? Strikers/Rangers still heavily weapon-dependent?

I can tell you that while Rangers are indeed weapon-dependent, they have way more options for strengthening themselves than just "reinforce up to +13 or bust". As a matter of fact, with a full Halidom set, a +10 pink revolver more than suffices. The implementation of Halidoms has GREATLY improved the performance of gear-dependent classes into the early end-game.

For example, if you have full halidoms, you can easily do Normal Ancient dungeons and work towards your Gracia weapon.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Eddain posted:

If you're coming back now, I strongly suggest you do the Come With Me event and get yourself a Gracia or Western Romanticist weapon from the Legendary Box. They're easily good enough to carry you through most of the early endgame and getting one this way takes hardly any time at all.

Eddain
May 6, 2007
Can I buddy up with anyone here? And it sounds like I won't get 500pts cause I joined a Guild before registering a buddy?

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

You get the points for being in a guild. Doesn't matter if you joined before or after the event

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
GUILD DUNGEONS ARE DONE! WE HAVE THE SECOND MERCHANT UNLOCKED!

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
gently caress Halls of Eternity forever.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
And you're still gonna be doing them.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Yeah but now we presumably can just spam the short easy first one for certs instead of the later gimmicky slow ones.

Revdomezehis
Jul 26, 2003
OMG a Moose!
Yay for unlocking final dungeon. I helped, technically. As in, I was inside of the dungeons, space jam slamming away while everyone else did the actual work. :downs:

At least I have my 5 billion alts in the guild now. If we ever run low on space just let me know and I can drop some of them.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I am so loving tired of carrying guild dungeons.

I need 800 more certs :(

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD
I will say one nice thing for Halls of Eternity: At least it isn't goddamn EX Ghost Train. Thank god I'm finishing that hellgrind tomorrow.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

I'd rather do train over hall, as an SM. That's more of a class specific thing, but I don't have a way to circumvent a lot of the iframes that enemies in hall get. Floo at least I can usually oneshot if I maneuver fast enough for blade waltz canceled into crescent.

Black Balloon fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Jul 5, 2016

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Pretty sure there will be plenty of people streaming this crap soon.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
D R A C U L A

LITERALLY KID DRACULA.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.
He fights nazi ghosts!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
AH AFTER TEN THOUSAND YEARS IM FREE

Einwand
Nov 3, 2012

You idiot.
In this world it's pet or BE pet.

Looks like you're missing royal gems, best get back to it.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Haunting you until no 8 arrives.

Still looks like he hasn't slept in a month. Good!

Edit: So, they're on the test server now? It would be amazing if you could do a short write-up on how each of them plays later, Somefool.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
:siren:Ok, guild chest is being re-purposed for quest materials for newbies. Please donate crafting mats, seals, chaos stone frags, demon stones, and/or colored cubes. DON'T TAKE THEM IF YOU AREN'T A NEWBIE!:siren:

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Now what the gently caress do I do with my time

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Nethertribes posted:

Now what the gently caress do I do with my time

Await blood wizardry. Do it all over again.

Begin amassing rare avatars in anticipation of blood wizardry? Now is the time to do it. Open a clone box on a M. Mage character, unless the rare clones from it are not tradable like the typical ones are?

Edit: Level an elemental bomber in the meantime to get use out of the rare clones while you wait, then trade them over to blood wizard.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Obligatum VII posted:

Begin amassing rare avatars in anticipation of blood wizardry? Now is the time to do it. Open a clone box on a M. Mage character, unless the rare clones from it are not tradable like the typical ones are?

Box ones aren't tradable

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

fool_of_sound posted:

Box ones aren't tradable

Ah, but he could subclass switch to a blood wizard! I forgot about that, so that's still an option.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Obligatum VII posted:

Ah, but he could subclass switch to a blood wizard! I forgot about that, so that's still an option.

Then you miss out on the creation event / level challenge probably.

Obligatum VII
May 5, 2014

Kild posted:

Then you miss out on the creation event / level challenge probably.

that event probably won't give you a set of full rare clones. So probably still worth it?

Eddain
May 6, 2007
How many characters/subclasses are we still missing from DNF?

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I can't wait till all the other fifth subclasses are announced, ngl.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Eddain posted:

How many characters/subclasses are we still missing from DNF?

Only Demon Lancer (snore) and stuff that isn't even out in Korea yet.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Somefool posted:

Pretty sure there will be plenty of people streaming this crap soon.

Why the gently caress does Firefox block puu.sh so aggressively?

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

Why the gently caress does Firefox block puu.sh so aggressively?

There's something weird on your side because I use Firefox and it doesn't block any image sites.

Also I don't think I'll be playing these until release since there's no real point.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

fool_of_sound posted:

:siren:Ok, guild chest is being re-purposed for quest materials for newbies. Please donate crafting mats, seals, chaos stone frags, demon stones, and/or colored cubes. DON'T TAKE THEM IF YOU AREN'T A NEWBIE!:siren:

Thanks to a couple of our wonderful guild members we now have tons of stuff in the chest. We still need donations of Skadi seals and especially Nihilistic Demon Stones though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Obligatum VII posted:

Still looks like he hasn't slept in a month. Good!

Edit: So, they're on the test server now? It would be amazing if you could do a short write-up on how each of them plays later, Somefool.

You say that, but those aren't sleepy eyes. Dudes on some serious :catdrugs:

He has a loving gas mask and carry around syringes. He can summon a demon called Nyarly which looks like a succubus and his 1st awakening active is what can be described as :japan: :can: :catdrugs:

Calling him Dimension Walk is actually being nice.