Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

So XSEED passed on localize another entry of one of the series they are more associated with (plus having some hardcore fans in their staff) to work on indie games and games arent even out in Japan?

Weird.

XSEED are working on two very text heavy JRPGs (Cold Steel 2 & Trails in the Sky 3rd), numerous PC ports and games from their parent company Marvelous AQL as well as indie games. They're also a very small localization studio, so they probably couldn't spare the manpower needed to bring Tokyo Xanadu over within a good timeframe without sacrificing quality of the localization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megalixir
Nov 10, 2007

Vanillaware ltd.

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

Is Tokyo Xanadu a half-decent Persona knockoff type of thing, or just a front for putting anime girls in crop tops? What I've seen about it leaves this in question.

Both.

It's not great.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

ArmadilloConspiracy posted:

Is Tokyo Xanadu a half-decent Persona knockoff type of thing, or just a front for putting anime girls in crop tops? What I've seen about it leaves this in question.

Not sure where the "or" fits in there.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just want to post in recognizance of the fact that like five more localizations got announced and the vita is extremely alive and well folks

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's not "alive" and never has been but it's still a great console.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

The Colonel posted:

they didn't pass on localizing it, another company picked it up in the middle of a period where they're already swamped with stuff. indie games aren't the only things they're working on getting released right now

Mr. Fortitude posted:

XSEED are working on two very text heavy JRPGs (Cold Steel 2 & Trails in the Sky 3rd), numerous PC ports and games from their parent company Marvelous AQL as well as indie games. They're also a very small localization studio, so they probably couldn't spare the manpower needed to bring Tokyo Xanadu over within a good timeframe without sacrificing quality of the localization.

Actually, out of the games they have announced right now, only one game is from Marvelous (The Fate one).

And I just find it weird because Tom has gone on record saying that if they are really passionate about one game in particular they will make everything in their power to fit them into their schedule (and XSEED has some really big Falcom fans), plus they are in direct communication with Falcom.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Yeah, everything in their power. Two Trails games is already a pretty hefty workload; add in Marvelous and indie games and it's easy to imagine how they might just be too swamped to work on anything else.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
:shrug:

Let me know when XSEED gets to work in a new Senran Kagura or Valkyrie Drive

Anyways, Virtue's Last Reward and 999 are being ported to other platforms SO I'd say there's a decent chance 999 ends on the Vita so the trilogy is complete

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

they'll probably get to work on a new senran kagura as soon as a new senran kagura is out

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

xseed should put their entire staff on cold steel 2 so that I can buy it as soon as I finish cold steel 1

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Anyways, Virtue's Last Reward and 999 are being ported to other platforms SO I'd say there's a decent chance 999 ends on the Vita so the trilogy is complete

I wonder what that'd do about the 999's gimmick, the final twist doesn't quite work with one screen. How did the iOS version resolve that?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

In Training posted:

It's not "alive" and never has been but it's still a great console.

i love my dead g.... hey we did this already recently

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Vita is basically what the Ouya wanted to be now. Also, very much not what the Vita wanted to be.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Szurumbur posted:

I wonder what that'd do about the 999's gimmick, the final twist doesn't quite work with one screen. How did the iOS version resolve that?

It just didn't do the twist.

E: mechanically, that is. The narrative twist is obviously still there.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

Junpei Hyde posted:

It just didn't do the twist.

E: mechanically, that is. The narrative twist is obviously still there.

That's a shame, it was a lovely combination of hardware being connected to the game's narrative - actually, there's been a few DS games that used the console in an inventive way, the least of which was closing it for some effect.

Oh well, if you're not actually used to two screens being used in the puzzles I suppose there wasn't anything surprising you'd be missing, anyway.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

The Colonel posted:

they'll probably get to work on a new senran kagura as soon as a new senran kagura is out
They could do Valkyrie Drive though. If it ever gets picked up.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Speaking of

https://twitter.com/hardypace/status/749897227116486656

https://twitter.com/hardypace/status/749899435895775232

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I'm 50 of the idolmaster votes

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Don't read that guy's twitter account if you still have a shred of respect for Play-Asia.

Dehry fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Jul 4, 2016

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dehry posted:

Don't ... have a shred of respect for Play-Asia.

Agreed.

OgretailFood
Oct 9, 2012

Recommended by 10 out of 10 Aragami

Dehry posted:

Don't read that guy's twitter account if you still have a shred of respect for Play-Asia.
Why would anyone think highly of Play-Asia in the first place?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I didn't know I was supposed to have an opinion on play asia

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cake Attack posted:

Me neither, but now that we do know, what should we do about it?

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Cake Attack posted:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

I didn't care I was supposed to have an opinion on play asia

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Cake Attack posted:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Saoshyant posted:

Now that we've found hate, what are we gonna do with it?

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
If my roommate has a PSVita game, am I correct if I say that in order to play his game on my Vita, I'll need to wipe the save from that game and there's no way for him to get it back?

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Saoshyant posted:

Make that opinion a pointed and definite "who gives a poo poo"?

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AmiAmi is cooler to say than PlayAsia so they're superior.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Morpheus posted:

If my roommate has a PSVita game, am I correct if I say that in order to play his game on my Vita, I'll need to wipe the save from that game and there's no way for him to get it back?

Most Vita games don't save to cart like the DS/3DS do, but instead to your memory card, so if you're using your Vita to play someone else's games, their saves should be safe back on the original system.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

can vita games save to the cart?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

I thought some of them linked the cart to your account on the cart but I've never personally checked. Suppose I could now that I have one for Japan now.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

can vita games save to the cart?

Mostly some of the launch games like Super Monkey Ball, since Sony let that up to the developers at the time. Then either Sony started enforcing "memory card only" or the developers figured out it was just easier to have both the retail and download copies of games acting the same way. Probably the latter.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Imagine that. Two people living together who both own Vitas

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

In Training posted:

Imagine that. Two people living who both own Vitas

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

the anime pox is contagious.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

i own a vita, and so do you

so my question is, which one of us is dead

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

mandatory lesbian posted:

i own a vita, and so do you

so my question is, which one of us is dead

Trick question. It's the Vitas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SnatchRabbit
Feb 23, 2006

by sebmojo
So I'm playing steins gate. I like it, the writing is good but when do I get to...do something?