Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Evans is channelling Rik from the Young Ones. Pity there's no Vyvyan to hit him with a cricket bat

How dare you sully the memory of the People's Poet like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I really liked this week's TGUS episode. The ingenuity and improvisation they do to keep those old cars running in Cuba is astounding. Plus a race prepped Lada is fun.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

projecthalaxy posted:

I really liked this week's TGUS episode. The ingenuity and improvisation they do to keep those old cars running in Cuba is astounding. Plus a race prepped Lada is fun.

Have you ever seen Cuban Chrome?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
The Independent picked up the story on Leblanc vs. Evans

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...s-a7105186.html

CBJamo
Jul 15, 2012

On a scale of 1 to daily mail, how raggy is the Independent?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I'd vote for the Chrexit.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

They should replace Evans with Stewart Lee.

https://youtu.be/K7CnMQ4L9Pc

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wheeee posted:

They should replace Evans with Stewart Lee.

https://youtu.be/K7CnMQ4L9Pc

Agreed, if only because the last time I posted this video people flipped the gently caress out because they didn't understand the humour involved. I hope they come back and comment again because it was wonderful :allears:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
That's probably more because stewart lee isn't very funny.

e: Queue some garbage posts about "duhh, don't you get it, he's doing the exact same sort of stuff top gear does, he's so clever!!"

Actually, he's just bad, even aside from some digs at the best show in the world (rip)

hopterque fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Jun 29, 2016

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

CBJamo posted:

On a scale of 1 to daily mail, how raggy is the Independent?
It's actually reasonable. Generally factually correct and not too loopy with its editorialising..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGscoaUWW2M

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Two Finger posted:

you take that back

gary oldman at least made them look good

Sorry, there is only one George Smiley, and he is Alec Guinness

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

You Am I posted:

Sorry, there is only one George Smiley, and he is Alec Guinness

Oh no did Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy rape your childhood?

Dr. Memory
Jul 10, 2001

Ah, fuck the end of the world.

KozmoNaut posted:

A face made for radio.

Is he going for Upper Class Twit of the Year there?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

He's up against some pretty stiff competition, all things considered.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Think it says a lot that this thread has fallen off the first page of AI

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Two Finger posted:

I watch the new Top Gear out of hate now and am using it to pass the time until the Grand Tour comes out.

e; That and I'm rewatching all the old seasons.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Two Finger posted:

Says it all I think.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Two Finger posted:

Yea, it's been pretty consistently on the front page even during the off season for a couple years now. To be on page 2 in the middle of the season is a HUGE change of pace.

I watched part of the most recent episode, and don't remember anything about it.

Ireallylikeeggs
Jul 29, 2003

Top Gear US has some amazing moments. The scene where Rut wears the globe filled with live rats and tries to drive around the track is still one of the best bits of any Top Gear. Same with Adam driving around Tijuana in his ancient Cadillac with all the luchadores. I'll be pretty bummed if really is gone for good.

They need to make more episodes of Roadkill.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
https://twitter.com/heatstreet/status/749340490978430977

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

How National Enquirer is that site? Google says Louise Mensch runs it so I'm not very hopeful.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Antti posted:

How National Enquirer is that site? Google says Louise Mensch runs it so I'm not very hopeful.

I don't assume they're very trustworthy. But we can hope.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

On the one hand, I hope no one actually got sexually assaulted. On the other hand, Chris Evans.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
BBC Radio DJ in secret sex offence shocker? Must be a tuesday.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I feel like a Daily Mail reader ready to call for the firing of Chris Evans after this baseless accusation.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I feel like a Daily Mail reader ready to call for the firing of Chris Evans after this baseless accusation.

Chris Evans is a garbage person and he needs to go back to the bridge under which he lives.

A reminder:

Riot Carol Danvers fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jul 2, 2016

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Cojawfee posted:

Theres been stories about him getting his cock out during broadcasts for years so its not surprising tbh.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

Antti posted:

Never fcukin heard of it.

Meanwhile, I've found a bunch of old, old TG on youtube when JC still had big hair and a posh accent.

Despite it being a low budget car show that only does 'proper' car reviews, it is still more entertaining than New TG.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007
Tonight's episode perfectly explains why the rally stage for star in a car sucks balls.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Extra Gear tonight was great. That should be Top Gear.

neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
The cinematography for the Mustang review was spectacularly beautiful. I'd put that on there on par (or even better) than the V12 Vantage review

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Cojawfee posted:

Extra Gear tonight was great. That should be Top Gear.

I thought it was telling that everyone but Evans was there, and he wasn't even mentioned aside from a couple of appearances in the "best of" montage.

Something else bothered me about Evans too. A few weeks ago he made a comment about some segment being the best top gear track film ever, which I was willing to excuse because maybe he just means Top Gear in its current incarnation but tonight he said "we've covered Eagle on Top Gear before..." So he's obviously not divorcing the current show from the one that was good but still says some forgettable segment from this series is the best ever making GBS threads on all the actually good segments from before and then says "we" when he had absolutely no connection to Top Gear when Jeremy did that Eagle segment.

What I'm saying is that Chris Evans sucks.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

neckbeard posted:

The cinematography for the Mustang review was spectacularly beautiful. I'd put that on there on par (or even better) than the V12 Vantage review

I think all of the review films this week were great, and Patrick Dempsey deserves a shot around the traditional track in the Liana.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Yeah he probably should have been on the race driver board.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

GutBomb posted:

then says "we" when he had absolutely no connection to Top Gear when Jeremy did that Eagle segment.

Yeah that quote probably annoyed me more than anything else in the show tonight. What a pretentious yob.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
He's probably going through and redubbing all the old episodes with his voice.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

I would watch this show about cars... do we want less shows about cars ?

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cojawfee posted:

He's probably going through and redubbing all the old episodes with his voice.
Probably been doing that as they got broadcast.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

DiggityDoink posted:

Tonight's episode perfectly explains why the rally stage for star in a car sucks balls.
Yup, too much uncertainty with the rallycross section. It's a huge time loss if it's even slightly damp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

GutBomb posted:

Something else bothered me about Evans too. A few weeks ago he made a comment about some segment being the best top gear track film ever, which I was willing to excuse because maybe he just means Top Gear in its current incarnation but tonight he said "we've covered Eagle on Top Gear before..." So he's obviously not divorcing the current show from the one that was good but still says some forgettable segment from this series is the best ever making GBS threads on all the actually good segments from before and then says "we" when he had absolutely no connection to Top Gear when Jeremy did that Eagle segment.

Glad it wasn't just me that had an irrational reaction to that comment.

Felt like New Dad referring to a family holiday that you had with Old Dad as one that 'we'd' done before.