Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meowjesty
Oct 23, 2009

Friends depend on each other.

metalloid posted:

I love love love sawbones and monster factory, but I thought mbmbam was boring. Will i like their D&D podcast?

It's a free podcast so why don't you just download a few episodes my dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
I'd try mbmbam some more (go look at some of the samplers on youtube) but imo The Adventure Zone is their best podcast so yeah definitely try that out

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

flatluigi posted:

I'd try mbmbam some more (go look at some of the samplers on youtube) but imo The Adventure Zone is their best podcast so yeah definitely try that out

Plus you'll have the advantage of not having to wait two weeks for your next fix because you've got the whole catalog to listen to. ARRGH one hour every two weeks is not enough! I know why they need to do it like that but ARRRGH

By the way, if you're judging MBMBAM on the latest ep, you should definitely try some more, because that was probably the most boring one I've head so far. I am usually ok with their ironic tangents on fringe media or stuff like kung fu panda, but this one was pretty grating.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Jul 3, 2016

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Griffin's Vine account is my favorite.
https://vine.co/v/5z0LqWYPDO0

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

He's pretty good, yeah.

https://vine.co/v/iEzmgMm3d9V

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

By the way, if you're judging MBMBAM on the latest ep, you should definitely try some more, because that was probably the most boring one I've head so far. I am usually ok with their ironic tangents on fringe media or stuff like kung fu panda, but this one was pretty grating.

Yeah, Ray Donovan felt a bit too obscure for them to insist so hard on the joke for so long and I wasn't a fan. Like, if it was contained to the intro, it'd be fine, but they kept trying to go back to that well.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
You're just not a real Ray Donofan.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
as someone who watched a couple episodes then checked out, I loved their ideas of what the show is

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
ATTN: People who find MBMBAM boring.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PExKw38rntw

Scudworth
Jan 1, 2005

When life gives you lemons, you clone those lemons, and make super lemons.

Dinosaur Gum
I will never tire of the Garfield Monstrosity. Griffin's horrified scream on "You're worried about FINISHING?!??" will carry me for life.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

can someone explain what 'things i bought at sheetz' is?

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009

well why not posted:

it's a food review/quiz show unlike any other

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
it's loving magnificent is what it is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gqnFD--p90

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

well why not posted:

Justin buys a food and eats it on camera. His good friend Dwight must read his expression and deduce if Justin liked the food. Things escalate quickly.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
http://youtu.be/_djD-6_JGvQ

This one is my favorite because I feel like he understands me.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I knew a lot of kids in highschool who drank a lot of Four Loko. this is before the government ruined it and told Phusion Projects they can't sell a drink that contains up to like 14% ABV and also a fuckload of caffeine at the same time

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
loving millennials so lazy that can't even watch a YouTube video for themselves

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2skCAIl_Ze4

hands down my favorite

dwight going face blind and becoming iron man was good too

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Things I Bought at Sheetz is easily my favorite MBMBAM project

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8FJdRBWPW4

sexpig by night fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jul 3, 2016

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
a garbage show for idiot people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T21RkL3eB2g

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

New MBMBAM is on the feed :woop:

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Wow that bombs over Baghdad reference was pretty unfortunately timed! Not that they would know or anything, and it's an old rear end song but drat!

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

I love the bottom images.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008
I just blew through the entire Adventure Zone back catalog in less than 2 weeks. Maybe it's just because I got it all over with so quickly, but I liked all of the arcs just fine! The drag race might have been my favorite, though, because it gave them three solid episodes of wall-to-wall opportunities for weird inventive fighting, rather than wandering around and occasionally running into bad guys.

Bunch of theory crap that I'll put under spoiler bars because why not:

So it seems pretty likely that there's more to the BOB than we know, and that the relics aren't just vanishing into nothing. But I don't get the impression that the Director, at this point, is a bad guy. I think she's telling the truth about her motivations now, but might wind up getting corrupted in the future. And now that we have this time bending arc, I've been wondering if the Old Woman in this arc is actually the Director. It's possible that she became corrupted by the Chalice at some point in the future and is now just barely holding on to this one little bubble with the part of herself that wants to be defeated/rescued by Our Heroes.

I have another competing theory which I'm less sold on, but I think it would be really cool: maybe Taako gets corrupted by the Chalice. We never REALLY got a resolution for why, during the Petals to the Metal arc, Klarg just showed up out of nowhere having been glamoured by Taako. Unless I'm mistaken, he was NOT glamoured when they first met him in the garage! And for that matter, it's awfully convenient that he was there at all - which is totally forgivable by this show's Contrivance Standards, of course, but there may be something more sinister going on. I think Taako might get corrupted at some point in the future - possibly by the Chalice, now that we know about its existence - and Corrupt Taako might then go back through their adventures and make little nudges to help the heroes out, including dropping Klarg off in Goldcliff and then glamouring him to help out during the race. Why? Because if he doesn't do those things, the guys won't survive to find the Chalice in the first place.

Hell if I know how they'd pull that arc off in practice, but wouldn't it be drat cool?

Either one of these theories would also explain the thing from the Crystal arc about the guys dying dozens of times each. Maybe they've failed to retrieve relics in the past, and [whoever] gave them a reset in order to ensure thaqt the relics all got collected.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Klaarg is perma-Charmed as a side effect of his Hugbear programming.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

DoctorWhat posted:

Klaarg is perma-Charmed as a side effect of his Hugbear programming.

I'm not sure I buy that as the complete explanation, though, because he didn't seem to be charmed in the previous scene in the garage.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

I don't recall Klaarg being in the garage. Also, I don't think any of this needs to be spoiler tagged.

showbiz_liz
Jun 2, 2008

Ariong posted:

I don't recall Klaarg being in the garage. Also, I don't think any of this needs to be spoiler tagged.

He was tied up in the garage where they stole that engine component, and being prodded at by the... whatever the name of that gang was. The guys set him free and he ran away pretty much immediately, then showed back up during the race.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Oh yeah I forgot about that. It's an interesting theory, and there's no in-game reason that it couldn't be the case, but there is a problem. Doing this would require Griffin collaborating with Justin on future events, which would cause all sorts of problems. It's exactly the reason why they dropped the taco quest thing.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It's a lot more plausible that a minor scene was forgotten and ignored in favor of keeping a popular character around, and on the side of the heroes. I know Griffin's been doing a pretty good job with all of this, but I seriously doubt that he and Justin would've had something like this planned out 2 arcs in advance.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Klaarg was upset about being charmed but the gang did set him free in that garage. I assumed that's why he helped them out in the race.

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010
IIRC when the fact that Klaarg is perma charmed was confirmed, griffin said that he would switch from being charmed to being normal murderous bugbear at random. I think that was from the hugbears episode.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

senae posted:

IIRC when the fact that Klaarg is perma charmed was confirmed, griffin said that he would switch from being charmed to being normal murderous bugbear at random. I think that was from the hugbears episode.

Yeah, Lucas says the charm is on and off.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/750450868344979459

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Scudworth posted:

I will never tire of the Garfield Monstrosity. Griffin's horrified scream on "You're worried about FINISHING?!??" will carry me for life.
"will your seed find purchase in her loamy soil"
or the "no, I've already killed myself"

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
Awesome Twin Peaks reference with the replicants.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

God, I will never complain about the Flophouse ads again after listening to that Minority Korner one.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!

Cael posted:

God, I will never complain about the Flophouse ads again after listening to that Minority Korner one.

It's pretty dang bad. The whole time I'm going, oh like Throwing shade, oh, also like Throwing Shade....so this is just throwing shade but with black folks. Ok...I mean alright I guess...

But for me, the most annoying thing about the ad is definitely that the lady is talking over skype. I don't know how the brothers manage to make it sound like they're next to each other in terms of audio quality. I know they're bros and know how to time their responses, but dang I'm always more surprised at how good it sounds. I know they say they pay top bucks for the best internet available, so that's probably it.

The bad skype quality ups the shittiness of that ad like three times over. It just seems wicked unprofessional. All I can imagine is them sitting alone in their rooms, waiting for the skype delay before speaking as the badly delivered joke bounces off the walls in a tacky low rent echo.

I guess I'm just spoiled on the brothers, who manage to overcome the almost inevitable burden on chemistry when doing a podcast over skype. But it does seem like these two really don't have any chemistry to begin with and the whole thing just seems forced.

I am ready to admit part of this may be my privilege. I apologize for the stream of consciousness format of this post.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur posted:

But for me, the most annoying thing about the ad is definitely that the lady is talking over skype. I don't know how the brothers manage to make it sound like they're next to each other in terms of audio quality. I know they're bros and know how to time their responses, but dang I'm always more surprised at how good it sounds. I know they say they pay top bucks for the best internet available, so that's probably it.

The McElroys, like any good podcaster should, record their individual audio tracks locally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
http://www.theonion.com/article/podcaster-makes-solemn-promise-improve-sound-quali-51660

Having decent recording quality is like the absolute bare minimum, if you can't invest the minimal amount of time and effort then why should listeners?

It's especially sad when it's some podcast that has been running a long time and never improved. Like once I found a podcast where two guys watched every single Nicolas Cage movie and discussed it, and despite spending hundreds of hours combined over the course of months watching, recording, and editing they did the entire thing on a crappy PC microphone and it's an unlistenable waste of everyone's time. And then rather than fixing it they just jumped into a Keanu Reeves spinoff with the exact same lovely setup :ughh: