Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Low Percent Lunge
Jan 29, 2007

I'm glad we're finally getting MotoGP style last lap lunacy in F1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I thought Prost was the Prost of Formula E.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

andyf posted:

I can't watch the Sky feed so I hold out for the channel 4 stuff, which in a way means I avoid the shittier sky interviews. Doesn't seem like channel 4 even tried to interview toto, but there's a great moment with Rosberg where they tell him Lewis blamed him for the crash and Rosberg literally can't think how to respond so just pulls off this bizarre raised eyebrow look.

https://vine.co/v/5aabHYueZ2X

fraudsberg.exe has crashed...no pun intended

learnincurve posted:

pithy but no not at that point. It's very trivial and only by a matter of yards but it does rather highlight everything that's wrong with the stewards.

Yes he was, the front wing was lodged underneath the car as soon as the two of them had their crash and they started on that next straight. It's also at the lights you have to concede and stay behind the car in front of you. "If the car is visibly slowing and having a problem you can overtake"

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

That avatar is glorious :allears:

NoDamage
Dec 2, 2000
Just caught the race. That was pretty blatant by Rosberg, he just straight up drove into the side of the other car.

I mean, I'm glad he's getting more aggressive instead of letting Hamilton stomp all over him, but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to panic and drive into your opponent every time they're about to overtake you.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

learnincurve posted:

He overtook Nico under waved yellows, Ant took a great deal of pleasure in slowing the footage right down and pointing.

We must have watched a different Ant then.

https://streamable.com/suds

Was your Ant perhaps standing next to Dec?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

simplefish posted:

We must have watched a different Ant then.

https://streamable.com/suds

Was your Ant perhaps standing next to Dec?

I think he noticed the waving yellows in a later segment.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

Whitey Ford posted:

It's just a shame the other 69 laps were anus.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
Nico's car was hosed

like nico's brain

and he could overtake

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Yes, Ant corrected himself, and apologised about 10 minutes later.

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

Whitey Ford posted:

The Greatest Series is bleeding into politics

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I must have only watched that first bit. Kind of what happens when you watch live without the benefit of pause and rewind.

Our autosport predictions were all pants.

Astoundingly Ugly Baby
Mar 22, 2006

"...crying bitch cave bitch boy."
- Anonymous Facebook user
It would've been better if Rosberg was able to t-bone Hamilton, imo.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

1500quidporsche posted:

That avatar is glorious :allears:

Someone needs to get a corresponding Nico brainfail eyebrow avatar.

Dr. Wang posted:

It would have been less embarrassing, that's for sure.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

Dr. Wang posted:

They do that after the race in their trailer and whisper sweet nothings to each other

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

The one of Button's eyes bulging out from some comment Nico made is avatar worthy.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Nico should resign from the Grand Prix Drivers Association and never mention the word safety again. It he was a real man he would have parked the car in the middle of the road and walked away. We would have thought much better of him. It was the worst thing I have seen in Formula One. I thought he had grown up. He is a cheap cheat. He should leave F 1 to honest people.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

1500quidporsche posted:

The one of Button's eyes bulging out from some comment Nico made is avatar worthy.

Where's this at?

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
:D there is a very good chance I am getting a free paddock pass for Silverstone 2017 Thursday set up day to Sunday, don't think it's paddock club. We might be able to wangle Renault hospitality but I do definitely get a free seat somewhere :D

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I think it was a press conference towards the end of 2014 and Nico had made some comment that Lewis should be more careful on the track, and this was right after Spa.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit
Their Lewis is a fraud, much like most of the posters in this thread :argh:

Except LC

Shit Farm
Jan 10, 2013
the two worst posters standing up for each other

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I loved this GP.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
Haven't we seen drivers with wings stuck under their car drive to the pits? If so, what does it matter that Nico continued driving?

learnincurve posted:

:D there is a very good chance I am getting a free paddock pass for Silverstone 2017 Thursday set up day to Sunday, don't think it's paddock club. We might be able to wangle Renault hospitality but I do definitely get a free seat somewhere :D

Very cool! It's great to hear know people sometimes.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

I seriously do that!!
My biggest complaint is when Nico wins and my dad accuses Mercedes of sabotaging Lewis"s car because, you know. Germans

sounds like your dads should post here instead of you guys

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
If you voted Remain I hope that Austria booing Lewis made you take a long hard look at yourself

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Won't somebody think of the eurovision scores! How could we have been so blind :(

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

poty posted:

If you voted Remain I hope that Austria booing Lewis made you take a long hard look at yourself

I wonder if there was another time a German speaking audience boo'd a black athletic.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Just watching a replay, I'm on lap 7 and they just showed a fair few shots of Vettel just after Jenson got overtaken by Kimi. He was not staying off the kerbs as ferrari claimed, and not only was he not staying off the kerbs he had one side on the the unsafe over time solid red kerbs every time he went on them.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

poty posted:

I voted leave, and smiled from ear to ear when Lewis was boo'ed

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter

1500quidporsche posted:

I wonder if there was another time a German speaking audience boo'd a black athletic.

:captainpop: :boom:

My take: I don't think Nico did this on purpose. I think Nico tried to squeeze Lewis out of the corner, because that is what Lewis does to Nico literally every other time he gets past. And I'm willing to bet it's the only overtaking maneuver Nico knows apart from "foot hard down, DRS open."

The problem is that Nico is such a fraudulent, poo poo driver that he bumbles the maneuver and straight rams Lewis. This will not be the last time this happens.

Either way, the race was great. I laughed when Lewis was booed, and I hope these two chucklefucks DNF each other every race so that our Lord and Savior, Kimi can robot himself to a second WDC.

[edit] This is how you properly squeeze someone out:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZhh2Kk2MUk

MustardFacial fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Jul 4, 2016

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

If Kimi winds the WDC this will go down as one of the greatest seasons in the history of F1.

Just imagine the mass petulance across the grid as Kimi mumbles and swears while getting out of the car in Abu Dubai.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

MustardFacial posted:

The problem is that Nico is such a fraudulent, poo poo driver that he bumbles the maneuver and straight rams Lewis.

WHAT THE DEUCE?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

poty posted:

sounds like your dads should post here instead of you guys

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
If you want to see how our dads post check any article on motorsport.com related to Mercedes. My dad's reaction to the denial of conspiracy theories from Mercedes was "well they would say that wouldn't they" and "they made lewis say that"

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

1500quidporsche posted:

Just imagine the mass petulance across the grid as Kimi mumbles and swears while getting out of the car in Abu Dubai. NYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK

Kimi couldn't win his way out of a paper bag

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Brainwrong posted:

Kimi couldn't win his way out of a paper bag

You leave Kimi alone goddammit. It's not his fault they don't call blueflags and he can't pass children

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
New shocking image challenging everything about the crash.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

poo poo Farm posted:

the two worst posters standing up for each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willeh
Jun 25, 2003

God hates a coward

MustardFacial posted:

Either way, the race was great. I laughed when Lewis was booed, and I hope these two chucklefucks DNF each other every race so that our Lord and Savior, Kimi can robot himself to a second WDC.

If by Kimi you mean Max Verstappen, then yes. (next season)

• Locked thread