Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Senerio posted:

So, for confirmation, I can't unlock Tsubasa's "Go earlier in the turn" Radiant Unity for a while? Just wanna be sure I'm not missing it because this dungeon is legitimately real confusing.

Also, who do you all recommend I use the first Macca Converter I get on? I kinda want to save it for Kiria's new Rod, but I'll use it on anyone's.

If it helps, I'm pretty sure the game means 'the first half of the dungeon before the miniboss' not literally the first area. As for Macca Converters, it's pretty easy to farm them in the 106 dungeon, not sure how many party members you get but I grabbed seven total once I figured out where to do so. Just grab that enemy attractor item from the market and run between the orange and purple dresses on the fifth floor until one spawns. Just be careful for Savage enemies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

I can't for the life of me find this guy's girlfriend for the "Dating troubles" sidequest, or whatever it was called. It's the guy in shibuya, near hachiko, who says his girlfriend is late for their date. I think I've talked to every girl npc.

VV I'll give another look, I must have missed her.

LibbyM fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Jul 3, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

LibbyM posted:

I can't for the life of me find this guy's girlfriend for the "Dating troubles" sidequest, or whatever it was called. It's the guy in shibuya, near hachiko, who says his girlfriend is late for their date. I think I've talked to every girl npc.

If I remember right the very first time she's hanging out on the street in Harajuku

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
I'm at the chapter 5 intermission and I'm getting worried that Tsubasa and her sister aren't going to get a duo art :(

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

LibbyM posted:

VV I'll give another look, I must have missed her.

Harajuku and make sure to walk on the opposite side to the shops, because some NPCs there can be missed if you're walking close to the shops

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I'm at the Chapter 3 Intermission and Tsubasa's third side-story is available. The game is saying Recommended level 47. My average party level is around 33-34.

... I'm guessing I should hold off on this for a bit?

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

W.T. Fits posted:

I'm at the Chapter 3 Intermission and Tsubasa's third side-story is available. The game is saying Recommended level 47. My average party level is around 33-34.

That is a very good idea, yes.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Do weapons ever get more than 5 skills?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

W.T. Fits posted:

It's pretty tough so yeah you'll probably want to wait

I did it in the low 40s though so you don't have to wait all the way to 47. Kiria's third which I unlocked at around the same time you can do regardless of your level because of reason's related to the way the quest works.

The Moon Monster posted:

Do weapons ever get more than 5 skills?

Eventually you unlock the ability to upgrade mastered weapons to a + version that has an extra 6th skill. They don't actually get any stronger so as far as I can tell this is only useful if you want to grind to get more powerful skills a bit earlier? I only did it once because I almost always have new weapons to work with.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
I love the little touches in the game. Like how Aoi will say something obviously sarcastic when the enemy gets knocked back by a strategic deployment of Phys/Magic Mirror.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Sometimes I forget that Chrom and Caeda or in this game

They just never say anything or show up unlike all the others- Chrom's just some radar voice at best.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Regy Rusty posted:

Eventually you unlock the ability to upgrade mastered weapons to a + version that has an extra 6th skill. They don't actually get any stronger so as far as I can tell this is only useful if you want to grind to get more powerful skills a bit earlier? I only did it once because I almost always have new weapons to work with.

they do get stronger.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

I think the mechanic you're talking about takes them from 4 to 5 skills.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Regy Rusty posted:

It's pretty tough so yeah you'll probably want to wait

I did it in the low 40s though so you don't have to wait all the way to 47. Kiria's third which I unlocked at around the same time you can do regardless of your level because of reason's related to the way the quest works.

I think you can get some unique skills by doing so. It's worth going down the list and seeing if any of the 5th skills are of interest, at any rate.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Moon Monster posted:

I think the mechanic you're talking about takes them from 4 to 5 skills.

Oops, I just assumed you hadn't gotten that far yet so I didn't pay attention to numbers. Sorry.

LibbyM
Dec 7, 2011

Thanks for pointing out that girl, I think I always walked close enough to the shops that she didn't show up.

I just beat the third dungeon and am pretty happy to see this Open Audition system. Seems like a really good way to be able to grind up low level people through a harder dungeon, because your actually leveled people still help out in the battle. I wish you could replace Itsuki in battle. 2 rotating party slots in a game where I so far have 6 party members and probably get more is really limited.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
Is this normal? I'm on the second Barry side quest, in the TV studio with all the bridges.

I'm at the rare farming spot pointed out earlier, and I used an attractor spray. I thought rares only show up once per trip into the idolasphere, but they've been showing up one after another. I got 12 macca converters in 5 minutes. Is my game bugged now? Also how many macca converters do I need for the rest of the game (just finished chapter 4)?

Edit: I jinxed myself. They finally stopped spawning, after getting 14 macca converters in a row. You guys might want to try this.

Edit2: they're back. At 16 macca converters now.

Edit3: 24 converters

Edit 4: I stopped at 55 macca converters. That should be enough right?

sincx fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Jul 4, 2016

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

sincx posted:

Edit 4: I stopped at 55 macca converters. That should be enough right?

No.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Okay now do the same thing but for the next tier of rares because I've started needing those but haven't found one yet

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Regy Rusty posted:

Okay now do the same thing but for the next tier of rares because I've started needing those but haven't found one yet

I found one in the Chapter 4 dungeon, after climbing a ladder in the door area. It was on blue side, if that helps. they are tough as nails though.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.
Does anyone know if I'll be able to trade in Detritus for more stat incenses once I finish the sidequest that triggers by giving the npc a ton of it?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Okay Tsubasa time to sing to your sister and free her mind!
"LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA"

I honestly thought she had an actual song planned and I've no idea why I thought that.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Infinity Gaia posted:

I think you can get some unique skills by doing so. It's worth going down the list and seeing if any of the 5th skills are of interest, at any rate.

Some of them are really nice. big name skills like amrita and aether seem to usually be 5th skills.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

Golden Goat posted:

Okay Tsubasa time to sing to your sister and free her mind!
"LA LA LA LA LA LA LAAAAA"

I honestly thought she had an actual song planned and I've no idea why I thought that.

That and Mamori's sidequest when she sings the same goddamn song as before...

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
Ok, I found a cheese spot for the second tier rare enemies (UFO's):

Go to Daiba Studio after Chapter 4 is over (intermission works fine). Go to the first room where the episodes show on the TVs at the top. You want to configure it so the Treasure room is the Northwest room. If it's not, just enter a door and it'll reset the room for you. Once you get the treasure room in the Northwest, go there and stop at the ladder. Cast the spell that attracts enemies (Riba-something), the spell that increaes savage/rare enemies (your new character has it) and Slowma. Now climb the ladder and a rare will spawn. Fight it, kill it and run in a small circle at the top of the ladder. It will respawn every couple of steps or so. It's easy to get a first strike on, so you should be able to take it out. My Itsuki can one shot it with Ziodyne at level 47. Alternatively, use Ellie's SP attack or Megido on Kiria if you have it. I've gotten about a dozen of its drops in less than 5 minutes doing this.

edit: Ok, occasionally red enemies will spawn. In that case just climb down the ladder since it's in arm's reach and climb back up. With the above technique the gold spawn rate is about 90% though. I have 60 of the Interstellar Sefirot after about 20 minutes.

Levantine fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Jul 4, 2016

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Levantine posted:

Ok, I found a cheese spot for the second tier rare enemies (UFO's):

Go to Daiba Studio after Chapter 4 is over (intermission works fine). Go to the first room where the episodes show on the TVs at the top. You want to configure it so the Treasure room is the Northwest room. If it's not, just enter a door and it'll reset the room for you. Once you get the treasure room in the Northwest, go there and stop at the ladder. Cast the spell that attracts enemies (Riba-something), the spell that increaes savage/rare enemies (your new character has it) and Slowma. Now climb the ladder and a rare will spawn. Fight it, kill it and run in a small circle at the top of the ladder. It will respawn every couple of steps or so. It's easy to get a first strike on, so you should be able to take it out. My Itsuki can one shot it with Ziodyne at level 47. Alternatively, use Ellie's SP attack or Megido on Kiria if you have it. I've gotten about a dozen of its drops in less than 5 minutes doing this.

edit: Ok, occasionally red enemies will spawn. In that case just climb down the ladder since it's in arm's reach and climb back up. With the above technique the gold spawn rate is about 90% though. I have 60 of the Interstellar Sefirot after about 20 minutes.

Fantastic. Thank you.

So I am somehow missing some mappable area and treasures in Illusory Shibuya after opening all the sealed doors. I can't find anywhere on the map that looks like it could have been missed which is going to make things difficult because that is the most confusing area in the game...

I'm also missing a mappable area (but no treasures??) in Daitama but at least that place is small so maybe I can figure it out...

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

how many macca converters do I need

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Super No Vacancy posted:

all of them

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Super No Vacancy posted:

As far as I can tell you only need 7 of rare enemy items, unless you want to make + versions of them

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

Each of the 7 characters has one macca converter weapon. So you'd need 7 to make each weapon, and another 7 to upgrade them and unlock the 5th skill.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There looks to be a pretty large junk of the TV station idolsphere I haven't been to yet. I see a teleport pad and a few breakable walls.

Is all this stuff behind the red crystal wall for later? I'm only in chapter 3 intermission.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

There looks to be a pretty large junk of the TV station idolsphere I haven't been to yet. I see a teleport pad and a few breakable walls.

Is all this stuff behind the red crystal wall for later? I'm only in chapter 3 intermission.

Yeah, a good chunk of that area is locked behind the walls which are plot-locked.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Yashiro's hair and tiara thing are making me want to vomit

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

why has itsuki suddenly developed a personality on this food side chapter

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Cake Attack posted:

why has itsuki suddenly developed a personality on this food side chapter

Food is like his thing. Did you do the dramatic telling of the Honey Caramel Banana Chocolate Donuts for Tiki's sidequest? Dude is lit.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mamori you are a very sweet girl but you really don't need to be jumping in front of attacks when you're weak to them and also almost dead

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Is there any limit to the number of times I can upgrade a weapon to relearn its skills, aside from having the appropriate materials on hand?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

W.T. Fits posted:

Is there any limit to the number of times I can upgrade a weapon to relearn its skills, aside from having the appropriate materials on hand?

Not that I encountered but I never got above like +5 or 6 since it's a lot of grinding for something pretty unnecessary.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Took me a couple of tries but I beat the chapter 3 mini-boss, getting to the final damage loop with Itsuki, Tsubasa and Eleonora and doing purely super effective sessions was so satisfying. This game just feels great to play. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

I'm at the chapter 5 intermission and I'm getting worried that Tsubasa and her sister aren't going to get a duo art :(

Just got the achievement for doing all of the duo arts :negative:

• Locked thread