Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Jehde posted:

I like how adamant you were about not rescheduling, but you cancelled last weekend and delayed this one. :v:

Look man, soccer is important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008

Jehde posted:

I like how adamant you were about not rescheduling, but you cancelled last weekend and delayed this one. :v:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
It's the EUROs, that's Ausnahmezustand.

Edit: Also, we're going to win now that Italy is out of the way :colbert:

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Emm I think you'll find that there'll be a Wales/Iceland final

Talking of tracks, I think that car would be pretty good around Mid Ohio if there's a good version of that kicking around. But what isn't good around Mid Ohio?

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Ima be honest
I hate driving that car

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Norns posted:

I hate driving

All I see

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Gonna strap you in a chair Malcolm McDowell style and make you watch this until you understand https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIhI1Q8H7Yc

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
So is that four hours from now? I only ask because we've run into problems with GMT in the past when someone said GMT but he was actually using BST.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Yes. 21:00 UTC. Hint: Add UTC as an addtional clock in windows, then you can see it when you hover over it in your taskbar.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

IceAgeComing posted:

I'd kinda be okay with that too.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Norns posted:

Ima be honest
I hate driving that car

Slow slide-y cars are the best

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

IceAgeComing posted:

It's gonna be this and it's gonna be great.

I asked about when it starts in relation to the Euro match because DST always messes me up when trying to convert to GMT.

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Results:

Thanks everybody for showing up!

OshH was out being busy again I guess

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

I'll try to make some gifs/webms of the race later.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I made it to one! :v:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Why did you have 3 drive throughs?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

GhostDog posted:

Why did you have 3 drive throughs?

Me? I don't know what those are. I did pull over on the grass after some spin outs to yield several times.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Since my shifter decided to throw it into 2nd instead of 4th one time in Qual and once again in the race (yes, I checked, it wasn't user error this time, the user error was a shift from 4th to 1st) I recalibrated my stuff.

I've been running the ClubSport shifter into my CSR, because the USB adapter would not allow me to calibrate at all, so 5th went to 7th and 6th was nonexistent. I hadn't bothered to contact Fanatec yet, but it was on my to-do list. For shits and giggles, I plugged the adapter back in... lo and behold, there's a firmware update. After that, it calibrated and works exactly how it is supposed to :woop:

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Changed the hotlap mode on the server to Zandvoort.

Ziploc
Sep 19, 2006
MX-5
That was super fun. Great combo.

Clearly moving your shifter to the left side to match the car makes it faster.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

https://gfycat.com/IlliterateEllipticalChameleon
https://gfycat.com/BlindColorfulCormorant
https://gfycat.com/MeatyMetallicAmericanbittern
https://gfycat.com/AccurateShamefulAsianpiedstarling
https://gfycat.com/SelfishSafeGlowworm

I need to stop using crf as it doesn't handle fast changes well. Fixed bitrate seems better for racing cams.

Edit: Just noticed gfycat cut some of these short. Need to find a host that doesn't gently caress with files as I encode it to webm prior to uploading.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jul 4, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.

Can I get this as an actual gif to embed, preferably 400px wide?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

imgur's vidgif feature is just the best:

http://i.imgur.com/xzR0E9q.gifv

Though it looks like it compressed the heck out of it. Uploading the original would probably help.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Zoom in and compress the poo poo out of it, and that's possible avatar material.

It's been a long time since I made my avatar in GIMP, and it's really hard to get a decent result with the miniscule filesize requirements, or I would give it a go.

That was a nice car/track combo, if only I remembered to remap the headlight controls...

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
The problem is I don't even know what car I was. I'm guessing I was the red and black one with the 86 on the hood because I think that's Ghostdog and Caseface in the other two cars.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

http://i.imgur.com/WDgUhAW.gif

I can try to reduce file size but it might look like poo poo.

If imgur would allow webm it would be reasonable to get good file sizes without dropping frames.

Cojawfee posted:

The problem is I don't even know what car I was. I'm guessing I was the red and black one with the 86 on the hood because I think that's Ghostdog and Caseface in the other two cars.

Ghostdog is the blue car, everything else I really don't know. Some of the screenshots are of Eyud and myself.

SPACE HOMOS fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Jul 4, 2016

GhostDog
Jul 30, 2003

Always see everything.
Thanks.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Imgur sort of does webm, just make the link use .gifv instead of .gif and you're done.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPQyQgyuNMI

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Bad news: I might have to miss the race this weekend.

Good news: I might finally be getting a wheel! It's a second hand DFGT but it's free so. :toot:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Jehde posted:

Bad news: I might have to miss the race this weekend.

Good news: I might finally be getting a wheel! It's a second hand DFGT but it's free so. :toot:

That's an excellent first wheel especially for free. I had one until the great wheel shortage of '15 and sold it for more than double what I paid.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

jabro posted:

That's an excellent first wheel especially for free. I had one until the great wheel shortage of '15 and sold it for more than double what I paid.

I sold mine a few weeks ago for nearly 2x what I paid for it. I still have the stand for it, I should have tossed it in the box with the wheel and made the guys day.

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
Does anyone play Automobilista at all?

I picked it up during the Steam Sale and the driving feel is great, but the public rooms are so underpopulated.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

BeRandom posted:

Does anyone play Automobilista at all?

I picked it up during the Steam Sale and the driving feel is great, but the public rooms are so underpopulated.

Anything but iracing is pretty slim for mp on PC.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yeah, if you want to race online in a game that isn't iRacing or AC you basically have to join a club or league.

In other news I'm doing my regular attempt to break through the brick wall that is GPL and it seems the installation instructions and list of required patches for that game get longer and longer every year.

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

AutoBallista is great, but I spend all of my multiplayer time on iRacing or in GhostDog's goon server in Assetto Corsa.

It's hard to turn away from iRacing when there are always full races in the cars that I like to drive, and the netcode is less bad than other games.

BeRandom
Mar 20, 2011
Well poo poo. I guess I'm going to have to see if it's worth it to pay a subscription just to have people to race with.

My computer is at least 4 years old. Are there any trial periods available so I can see if the game runs reasonably on my system?

BeRandom fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jul 5, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At some point there was supposed to be a free version that would let people try the game out but that hasn't happened yet. There are usually 3 month deals for pretty cheap.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

BeRandom posted:

Well poo poo. I guess I'm going to have to see if it's worth it to pay a subscription just to have people to race with.

My computer is at least 4 years old. Are there any trial periods available so I can see if the game runs reasonably on my system?

I am sure your PC would run it okay as long as the graphics card is newer than a geforce 200 series.

quote:

•Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1, Windows 10
•64-bit Windows (32-bit support ends March 14, 2016)
•Intel Core i3, i5, i7 or better or AMD Bulldozer or better
•8 GB of RAM
•NVidia GeForce 2xx series or better, 1GB+ dedicated video memory, AMD 5xxx series or better, 1GB+ dedicated video memory or better
•Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4200+ or better, with 8GB of system RAM
•10 GB of free disk space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

BeRandom posted:

3 months for five bucks, promo code PR-RENAULT

System requirements are pretty low if you turn down the eye candy, if you can run AutoBallista or Assetto Corsa then your system can handle iRacing.